PDA

View Full Version : Ffta2

Sen Halfomoon
2010-01-28, 10:12 AM
so does anyone else here actually enjoy this game...or am I alone?

if yes then whoot, and out of curiousity what class would you make a character based on you.

ie, me: a moogle animist, I have found that they, contrary to popular belief and heresay, are quite useful in A2. I always have one, and even in FFTA1 I would always surprise anyone I would VS. when my animist would just mess up their plans...of course I would give concentration as a passive but hey.

Inhuman Bot
2010-01-28, 10:19 AM
so does anyone else here actually enjoy this game...or am I alone?

if yes then whoot, and out of curiousity what class would you make a character based on you.

ie, me: a moogle animist, I have found that they, contrary to popular belief and heresay, are quite useful in A2. I always have one, and even in FFTA1 I would always surprise anyone I would VS. when my animist would just mess up their plans...of course I would give concentration as a passive but hey.

Explaining what "FFTA2" is may help. :smalltongue:

Sen Halfomoon
2010-01-28, 10:21 AM
FinalFantasyTaticsAdvance2

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-28, 01:07 PM
I liked it. I don't get why people dislike it so much.

Sure, it isn't perfect, but it seems to get more hate than it deserves.

By the way... Seeq Ranger: Mirror Item Lore X-Potion: a quick and easy game break. I'm thinking of trying to play through again without cheating with this.

Xefas
2010-01-28, 01:44 PM
I'm still in the process of playing it, and I like it somewhat. It's not capturing me quite like the first FFTA, and neither were as good as the original Tactics or War of the Lions. But it's fun enough (if just as exceptionally easy as the first FFTA). The problem may be that I couldn't care less about these characters. They're really generic and their quest, by and large, doesn't interest me.

In FFTA, I at least hated Marche with so much passion that I wanted to complete the game for the sole glimmer of hope that he might get his comeuppance and die in a horrible fire. The quest itself, to annihilate a nearly perfect utopia for no other purpose than to spread misery and suffering amongst those closest to me, was...terrifying...evil...gruesome...but it was interesting.

In Tactics/War of the Lions, the plot was very engaging. Kings and countries and popes and intrigue and betrayal and bigotry and oh ****, mother******, **** goin' down! **** goin' down! Don't run that way! Yo' childhood friend's comin' to murder you that way! Fo' entirely understandable reasons! Oh ****, press A! Press A! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IchUU5soSFo)

Not to mention Tactics had some legitimate difficulty. If you slapped together random classes on random guys, you were going to lose. Heck, even if you had a well thought out, specifically synergistic team who worked together well and had suitable bravery/faith for their classes and everything functioned optimally...you could still make a tactical error. You move some guy a few squares farther than you should have, and suddenly BAM, yeah, the enemy had four doublecast summoners hidden behind that ridge. And yeah, your White Mage just got smoked by eight ifrits, what of it?

This is circumvented somewhat by being able to go back and level yourself until the current story quests are easy for you, but at the very least it gave 'me' the option of not doing that and having a tough time with a tactics game (which no other grid based tactics game has done for me).