Abjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 9
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Area: See text
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This mighty abjuration spell undoes magic in a huge spherical area centered on the caster. When the spell is cast the caster picks one spell effect to apply to all targets within range:

Area Dispel Magic with a radius of 300ft/level
Remove Curse with a radius of 200ft/level
Break Enchantment with a radius of 100ft/level
Area Greater Dispel Magic with a radius of 50ft/level

Mage's Countercharm is visible to the naked eye as a bright blue glowing shockwave that intangibly sweeps over all within its area. The caster can choose to exclude themselves and their inventory from Mage's Countercharm's targets, but cannot exclude any other valid targets.

Baron Corm
2010-01-28, 01:30 PM
Very cinematic. As a ninth level spell, I think you could safely include all of those effects. It is competing against mass heal, and disjunction, after all.

The title is misleading. This is really more of a big dispel magic (literally...) than a restoration. Maybe change the effects to be those of heal, but without the actual damage healing? Or pick some effects from that spell? Or just change the name.

Lapak
2010-01-28, 02:27 PM
I agree with the Baron. Looks like a fun and distinctive spell, with a somewhat misleading name.

Disruptive Detonation, maybe?
Sphere of Unweaving?
Archmage's Denial?

DracoDei
2010-01-28, 03:21 PM
I like this. Don't change the effects, change the name, then maybe create a SECOND spell with the original name, that does what Corm suggests.

Lysander
2010-01-28, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I decided to rename it Mage's Dispel.

Regional Restoration
Level: Clr 9
Components: V, S, M, XP, DF
Casting Time: 1 round
Area: 100ft/level radius sphere centered on caster
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

You unleash a glowing white wave of divine energy that spreads out in a giant sphere. Those within 100ft of the caster, including the caster, gain the benefit of a Restoration spell. Those further out gain the benefit of a Lesser Restoration. The caster can choose to personally benefit from a Greater Restoration instead of a Restoration but this adds a 500xp cost to the spell.

Material
5,000gp of diamond dust

XP Component
500 XP (only if casting Greater Restoration on themselves)

DracoDei
2010-01-28, 06:57 PM
Didn't change the name of the first one all the places you needed to.

Lysander
2010-01-28, 07:34 PM
Didn't change the name of the first one all the places you needed to.

Fixed. Also changed the name again to Mage's Countercharm.