PDA

View Full Version : [Town] The Dancing Fox Inn 58: The first one to not use Roman Numerals

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Mee
2010-01-28, 03:29 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/celtois/DFIT3.png

((Banner by Celtois))

Welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn! Come and try our one of a kind beverages and food, chat with friends, or grab a private room and relax. All are welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn. (Except for anyone whose name begins with an L.)

We would like to ask, please, no smoking in the establishment unless you are on fire. We understand that there are often exceptions. Thank you for understanding. Be sure to enjoy your stay.
White Text is back! Mocking your memes!
If your characters are upstairs, please use this thread to avoid confusing the other occupants
Comment on the previous thread's white text.
Map:
There is no map. The Inn has as much space as is needed, as many tables as is needed, as many rooms as needed (Upstairs), as many corners as needed, and so on.
There is, however, a description:
WOO! Descriptions!
Description:
The inn is . . . indescribable. Size wise, anyway. It has as many tables as needed, and as many chairs as needed. So that needn't be said as well.
However, the floors have been . . . completely changed.
They were rough hewn logs. They are now laminated hardwood. All of the broken, dirty glasses and silverware have been removed, and replaced with better, more functional (And clean) ones. The kitchen is, by far, the best room in the inn. Sparklingly clean, the best equipment out there, and so on. The entire inn has been renovated. It is now made of better wood, and is much cleaner. It's not the prettiest building in the town, but it's functional. Which is what counts.
Also, any damage done to the inn will fix itself by the next day. So don't worry.

Disclaimer: The only thing changing about the inn is the size. So it will allow anyone in. And will supply as many corners as needed. Nothing else is changing. And it never does change. It just . . . you watch it, it . . seems to stay the same, but you know it changes, but . . . it doesn't, but . . .. (Think about it, and your head (or whatever contains your central nervous system) will explode. This is quite an endevour to clean, so please refrain from such an action)

Tomato
Current Staff:
Nerick- Barkeep and Manager
???- Barboy (Apply within)
Gabriella - Barmaid
Julie - Waiter
Jessica - Cook
Psudonym - Bard
(If the person with the job, such as the barboy, if that person does not come around for a month (Or so), they lose the job. Not to be mean, but to clear up the space, so that someone else who might want it can have it.)
NOW HIRING: A Waiter / Waitresses, Barboy.
If you're none of these but think you can help, ask about a job, ask Nerick, IC.
((Also if you have a Banner idea, please, PM it to... dunno, Quinsar or Celtois.))
Ringringringring

NPC's:
Name: Naim Elless.
Race: Human.
Description: Completely average height, weight, and so on.
He's the bartender when Nerick isn't around.

Banana phone!
THE MENU:
Be sure to keep an eye out for our DAILY SPECIALS!
Wines*:
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with hits of oak and black cherry.
Elven Wine – imported straight from Elven lands unless the cart turned
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.

Bar Drinks*:
Swampwater - A delicious lemon-lime delight but a tad . . . swampy
Shocker Lizard’s Chider – Sends a shock through your body, bound to wake you up electro-zaps!
Mai Tai - Dark and pineapple juice. PINEAPPLE!!
Sneak on the Beach - Vodka, Cranberry juice, pineapple juice and Peach Schapps. *sneak sneak sneak*
Rust Monster - Scotch and Drambuie drink and your sword explodes.
Coffee - buzzzzz. You'll never sleep again!
Ice Liqueur - Guaranteed to cool you down. . . .
Dragon's Liver Buster - The strongest drink in the house. Don't say we didn't warn you... (Doesn't actually make your liver explode) Actually, say we didn't warn you. And sue. :P
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood, the perfect drink for vampires and similar creatures, like Kurvis. Silly Kurvy.
Haley's Liquer - named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liqueur, excellent over ice. And while you're asleep, she'll loot your body
Wizard Blizzard - The effect depends on the spell stored in it. Other than that, it's made with crushed ice and Bourbon. Or Bigby's Crushing Tactical Nuke.
Manticore Martini – a regular Martini but stirred with a spike from a Manticore tail, giving it an exotic taste. The epic: I KEEL U!
Melon Juice – relaxes the mind - Now available without alcohol!
Green Tea - with a hint of sugar Coffee? Tea? Monster?
Beholder's Earl Grey - It's a tea named after everyone's favorite abberation. Need I say more? Yes, actually. What's in it?
Root Beer – For those who have a weak stomach Or too low CON scores.
Cold Milk – For the kids Or is it?
Burning Brandy- To keep the Archbishop happy. Who is never around . . .
Apple Cider - Non-alcoholic, fruity goodness! Ah, cheesy goodness. Cheezy cheesie.

Beers, Ales & Such*: Beer beer beer jiddily beer beer beer!
Thunder Ale - puts a boom in your tummy Then your tummy explodes!
Grim Brewery brand Ginger Ale - deathly good Hmm . . . lawsuit, anyone? If it does kill, than it's murder, but if it doesn't, than it's false advertising.
Dwarven Brandy - comes from dwarven lands
Pirate's Drink (Rum) - Be drunk while saying "Yarrr!" Garr! Arr! Marr! Blarg!
Guilders Ale - a tasty treat that doesn't mess with your mind Or does it?
Rouges Rum - Warning: You may pickpocket while drunk No 'may' about it.
Fairy Ale - You'll think you can fly Really should upgrade this to Red Bull, as that does give you wings.

Fizzy Drinks: (courtesy of Leigh and Mee. Thanks!) Yes, yes we are.
Blueberry buzz - Spyte soda, with blueberries, and blueberry syrup in it.
Banana beer - Root beer, banana slices, whipped cream on the top, and a cherry on that. Or cake.
Leigh special - A warm coffee (Bubbly, of course...with your choice of a hazelnut or chocolate flavor), with a swirl of peppermint, a stick of cocoa, and optional sprinkles and whipped cream. OR ELSE!
Triple threat - Root beer and coffee swirled together, with a lemon wedge jammed on the rim. But not willingly
K's special - Carbonated water, mixed with cream, pineapple flavoring, coconut sprinkled on top, then a few strawberries dropped into it. Very good. Nope. *cries*
Ice cream float - Your choice of flavors.
The cute drink - Just like K's special, but it has some fruit on the top. A lime slice as a smile, and two cherries as eyes. It's cute. It also comes with a little umbrella. Arrr.
Spryte - the regular, boring drink.

Food:
Peanuts Nu uh. What are we arguing about?
Chips & Dip and salsa! Not since I have my LAZOR VIZUN!!!
Curry - Chicken, beef, pork, or seafood Msorry, I like curry.
Cured Ham Steak Correct you are. 5 extra awesome points to you.
BBQ Hydra Heads *gags*
Salads (Spring Greens, Caesar, and Italian Pasta) No no, springs, like, trampolines.
Pork Chops Hmmm . . . 'And he's watchin' us all with the poooooork! Of the chop!' doesn't quite fit . . .
Mutton Chops Judo chop?
Golden Apple No no no, will cause wars
Fish (Cod, Eel, Trout, Salmon) – Served with a lemon wedge or lime.
Fresh Bread And me.
Fine Aged Cheddar >:p
Fava Beans An those pork chops
Birdseed for all those avians out there.
Berries - all kinds, blue, black, straw purple, mauve, hamster.
Roasted Quail - kinda like a small turkey but not. See?
And anything else you may want. Just ask.

Dessert:
Muffins Sadly not.
Brownies Selling cookies . . . mutter mutter.
Slice of cake (Chocolate, cheese, whatever...) Yes it is. You need to play Portal.
Milkshake If I could actually eat it . . .
Cookies For Dallas You mean Pony.
Pie (Pick a flavor) Turquoise radish.

*Can substitute the alcohol for a magical liquid that can make anybody drunk, no matter what the resistance, for a little extra.

We hope you enjoy your stay at the Dancing Fox Inn!

Some Excellent Poems So they say.
Dancing Fox Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5113391&postcount=1400) and DFI '09 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5592826&postcount=1146)
The Ballad of the Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4780487&postcount=714)
We Dream of a Town (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4561030&postcount=61)

http://i25.tinypic.com/2i6nrlz.png
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Beans-tastic/beansseal.png
Now, compare THAT menu with this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78455) menu. Much more awesomer, huh?
You don't see that . . . . . . . . . ./\ by the way.

Je dit Viola
2010-01-28, 03:36 PM
Yay! New thread! And Arabic Numbers!

So I don't have as much homework today. So I can be on earlier in the day.

Violet is here;

And Will can be here. Maybe. I might take his plot elsewhere, though.

Mee
2010-01-28, 03:38 PM
Yay! New thread! And Arabic Numbers!

So I don't have as much homework today. So I can be on earlier in the day.

Violet is here;

And Will can be here. Maybe. I might take his plot elsewhere, though.

Yup. I decided that the DFI needed something new.
So . . . yeah.
:smalltongue:

But yay! Little homework!

Rachel is still here.

As is Luminar.
Both of which are at the bar.

((Also, shhhh about the white text.
No one reads those spoilers anyway. :smalltongue: ))

Je dit Viola
2010-01-28, 03:43 PM
Okay.

So...Violet has met Luminar, so she waves at him. Hi, again, she says.

And I might want to bring Prince William the Shadow Knight and Fire Dancer in. No, he never goes by that title. I just use it OoC sometimes.
He comes in, because his wolf knows Rachel.

Anyway, Will, and his garganutan wolf who can barely fit through the doorway, comes in, in case you want Rachel to do something to his wolf again.

((Would they read them if they looked like this?))

Mee
2010-01-28, 03:47 PM
Okay.

So...Violet has met Luminar, so she waves at him. Hi, again, she says.

And I might want to bring Prince William the Shadow Knight and Fire Dancer in. No, he never goes by that title. I just use it OoC sometimes.
He comes in, because his wolf knows Rachel.

Anyway, Will, and his garganutan wolf who can barely fit through the doorway, comes in, in case you want Rachel to do something to his wolf again.

((Would they read them if they looked like this?))
" 'Ello again."
Luminar says, waving back.

Let's see:
Rachel's eyes go wide, and she smiles, while saying:
"Puppy!"

((And yes, yes they probably would.))

Je dit Viola
2010-01-28, 03:51 PM
What have you been doing lately? she asks him, smile on her face. Mostly, though, it's because she counts him as a friend already.

Will sits down, and pulls out a scroll, setting it next to his glowy red orb, his shiny metal rod, a vial of deitic life-blood, some fur from his wolf, and a couple odds and ends. He glances between them.

His wolf, however, hears Rachel. Since she (the wolf) doesn't have anything else to do, she turns towards her, and pads towards the little girl.

((Oh, cool!

Next time I make the thread, that's what I'm going to do.))

Mee
2010-01-28, 03:53 PM
What have you been doing lately? she asks him, smile on her face. Mostly, though, it's because she counts him as a friend already.

Will sits down, and pulls out a scroll, setting it next to his glowy red orb, his shiny metal rod, a vial of deitic life-blood, some fur from his wolf, and a couple odds and ends. He glances between them.

His wolf, however, hears Rachel. Since she (the wolf) doesn't have anything else to do, she turns towards her, and pads towards the little girl.

((Oh, cool!

Next time I make the thread, that's what I'm going to do.))

"Sleeping a lot lately.
Last time I was around, was last time I talked to you."
Luminar says, shrugging.
"You?"

Rachel waits for the wolf to get close, then does the same 'hold hand out, let doggy sniff, then pet' trick she did last time.
If possible, anyway.

Je dit Viola
2010-01-28, 04:00 PM
Oh, wow. She makes a face. That's a lot of sleeping.
I've been over to the beach, hung out with my children, my daughter and I started teaching my son magic, I got in a fight with a gorilla, and...that's about it, says Violet.

The wolf does sniff the hand, and enjoys the petting. She lies down so she can get petted easier.

Mee
2010-01-28, 04:03 PM
Oh, wow. She makes a face. That's a lot of sleeping.
I've been over to the beach, hung out with my children, my daughter and I started teaching my son magic, I got in a fight with a gorilla, and...that's about it, says Violet.

The wolf does sniff the hand, and enjoys the petting. She lies down so she can get petted easier.

Luminar shrugs. No more sleeping than usual for him . . .
"Not real-, oh, wait.
Yeah, I suppose.

You went to the beach in this weather?"
Luminar asks, raising an eyebrow.
He heard the rest, this is the only one he decided to ask about, though.

Well, Rachel keeps petting, then, enjoying it almost as much as the wolf.

Je dit Viola
2010-01-28, 04:10 PM
Yes, of course I did, she says. I've been swimming in the ocean while it was almost snowing, once. It's not that bad, because you go numb before you can feel it. It's not so terribly bad. Violet shrugs.

Wolfie decides to start exchanging the pettings for some ticklish lickings as payment. She tries to lick Rachel's hand; if that fails, then at her face.

Mee
2010-01-28, 04:14 PM
Yes, of course I did, she says. I've been swimming in the ocean while it was almost snowing, once. It's not that bad, because you go numb before you can feel it. It's not so terribly bad. Violet shrugs.

Wolfie decides to start exchanging the pettings for some ticklish lickings as payment. She tries to lick Rachel's hand; if that fails, then at her face.

Yeah, and after numb, you start going into hypothermia.
Well, if the water is cold enough, anyway.
"Interesting.

Eh, maybe not for you.
It'd probably kill me."
Luminar says, in all seriousness.

Rachel giggles, as both her hand and face are licked.
But with her other hand, she keeps petting.

Je dit Viola
2010-01-28, 04:19 PM
Well...that's why you don't swim for more than an hour or two.
Oh, I'm sorry, she says, believing him.

The Light Wolf keeps on licking, then. Mostly the face, since that seems to give off the most positive reaction.

Mee
2010-01-28, 04:21 PM
Well...that's why you don't swim for more than an hour or two.
Oh, I'm sorry, she says, believing him.

The Light Wolf keeps on licking, then. Mostly the face, since that seems to give off the most positive reaction.

Yup.
*shrug*
"S'allright.
I don't begrudge you your fortune of being able to go out in the cold."
Luminar says, shrugging, and ordering a drink.

Mhmm.
Well, after a few moments of that, Rachel is giggling too uncontrollably to keep petting the wolf.
But she doesn't stop the wolf from the licking.

Je dit Viola
2010-01-28, 04:28 PM
Yeah. 'Cuz then you go out on the pier and eat clam chowder and a cherry shake while laughing with your friends at all the Californians who are afraid to go outside when it's "so cold".
Maybe you could find someone to do some magic to fix it? she suggests. Like a wizard, or an engineer.

That's pretty good. The wolf keeps on licking Rachel's face. She's going to keep on doing this as long as Rachel keeps on giggling and doesn't tell her to stop.

Meanwhile, Will uses fire, and shadow, and light, and junk like that to meld and mix and combine the random ingrediants.

Mee
2010-01-28, 04:34 PM
Yeah. 'Cuz then you go out on the pier and eat clam chowder and a cherry shake while laughing with your friends at all the Californians who are afraid to go outside when it's "so cold".
Maybe you could find someone to do some magic to fix it? she suggests. Like a wizard, or an engineer.

That's pretty good. The wolf keeps on licking Rachel's face. She's going to keep on doing this as long as Rachel keeps on giggling and doesn't tell her to stop.

Meanwhile, Will uses fire, and shadow, and light, and junk like that to meld and mix and combine the random ingrediants.

Nice.
While I can't speak for Californians, I do find it funny when people complain of it being cold, while 30°F.
"Maybe.
If any come through here."
Luminar says, shrugging.

Well, then they'll be there for a while.
As Rachel won't tell her to stop any time soon.
And yes, continues to giggle.

Je dit Viola
2010-01-28, 04:39 PM
Really funny! It's also funny when people complain of it being hot when it hasn't reached 100° (F, of course) yet, either.
Sometimes they come through. But, you're right, not often enough. Besides, Luminar's probably asleep when they come. But she doesn't want to say that. She already poked fun at his sleeping habits.

And, so, the licking continues! For a long time.

Meanwhile, though, Will eventually finishes whatever he was making. It looks like a staff, or something. A metal staff, with red sparkling on it, encased in shadow. It's not finished, though. There's still other stuff he needs to add.
He gets up, and looks over at his wolf. He'll leave her for now; they both look like they're having lots of fun. So he walks towards the door out.

Mee
2010-01-28, 04:43 PM
Really funny! It's also funny when people complain of it being hot when it hasn't reached 100° (F, of course) yet, either.
Sometimes they come through. But, you're right, not often enough. Besides, Luminar's probably asleep when they come. But she doesn't want to say that. She already poked fun at his sleeping habits.

And, so, the licking continues! For a long time.

Meanwhile, though, Will eventually finishes whatever he was making. It looks like a staff, or something. A metal staff, with red sparkling on it, encased in shadow. It's not finished, though. There's still other stuff he needs to add.
He gets up, and looks over at his wolf. He'll leave her for now; they both look like they're having lots of fun. So he walks towards the door out.

You mean me? :smalltongue:
I find it overly warm above 80°.
>.<
"Mhmm.
And odds are good that when they do, I'll be asleep upstairs."
Luminar says, sighing.
(No questions as to why he sleeps so much? :smallconfused::smalltongue: )

Well, Rachel's eyes are shut tight, so she doesn't see Will.

Je dit Viola
2010-01-28, 04:48 PM
Sure, why not. You count. So...I mean you.
And if you want a question why he sleeps so much, I'll have her ask.
Why, though? Why do you sleep so much? There. Happy?

Will's okay with not being seen. He's not one of those people who has to have everybody looking at him. Besides, he meets his daily nutritional value of being seen due to usually being accomanied by a wolf who could probably eat a baby without chewing. Not that she ever would eat a baby.
Speaking of her, she's still licking Rachel's face, and gently sets a paw on her to keep her from running away.

Mee
2010-01-28, 04:52 PM
Sure, why not. You count. So...I mean you.
And if you want a question why he sleeps so much, I'll have her ask.
Why, though? Why do you sleep so much? There. Happy?

Will's okay with not being seen. He's not one of those people who has to have everybody looking at him. Besides, he meets his daily nutritional value of being seen due to usually being accomanied by a wolf who could probably eat a baby without chewing. Not that she ever would eat a baby.
Speaking of her, she's still licking Rachel's face, and gently sets a paw on her to keep her from running away.

Yay! I count.
"Probably because I'm a dragon.
Surprise."
Yup, much happier. Thank you. :smalltongue:

Well, Rachel is now stuck.
Not that she wanted to run away anyway.

Je dit Viola
2010-01-28, 04:58 PM
Wow, you are? She is kinda surprised. He doesn't look like a dragon. Huh. You don't look like a dragon. Because dragons are big and mean and scary.

She better run away...because she's going to get EATEN!

...not really.
Unless, of course, you count 'being licked to death' as 'eaten'.

Mee
2010-01-28, 05:03 PM
Wow, you are? She is kinda surprised. He doesn't look like a dragon. Huh. You don't look like a dragon. Because dragons are big and mean and scary.

She better run away...because she's going to get EATEN!

...not really.
Unless, of course, you count 'being licked to death' as 'eaten'.

Luminar nods.
"Right now, I don't look like it, no.
But that is why I sleep so much.
Believe me or not. I leave it completely up to you."
He says, shrugging.

Oh no! Little kid eating!
Well, she isn't running away just yet.

Je dit Viola
2010-01-28, 05:09 PM
Violet...believes it, I guess. Even though he doesn't really act like a dragon.
Okay. Sure, she shrugs. If you're a dragon, then I'm an angel. Really, though, she kinda is. She just doesn't know it. She's descended from one (also, she's part demon, too.)

The wolf keeps on licking her.
What we really need is an outside force to make them stop, before Rachel gets completely covered in dog slobber.

Mee
2010-01-28, 05:10 PM
Violet...believes it, I guess. Even though he doesn't really act like a dragon.
Okay. Sure, she shrugs. If you're a dragon, then I'm an angel. Really, though, she kinda is. She just doesn't know it. She's descended from one (also, she's part demon, too.)

The wolf keeps on licking her.
What we really need is an outside force to make them stop, before Rachel gets completely covered in dog slobber.

"Cool.
I had a friend who was an angel as well.
She was nice.
Much like you."
Luminar says, ordering a refill for his drink.

Such as me having to deadtime now?
Sorry.
I'll be back later.
So, Rachel disappears.

Je dit Viola
2010-01-28, 05:17 PM
Oh...cool. That didn't work so well.

But that does work. No more licking; Bye!

Viera Champion
2010-01-28, 06:51 PM
The new illusion comes to a stop just behind Eldena.

"Death is only permanent for the weak."

It reaches skyward to emphasize its point.

"But the strong... The strong can cheat death. Both for themselves..."

It takes a dramatic pause. It looks down at Eldena.

"And for others."

Once Cleo sits down, the illusions disappear. But only for a moment. It seems that the being is using some combination of magic and psionics. They're now flickering, but barely.

The being now tries to infect Cleo's mind so she'll see the illusions too.
Eldena is still not noticing him as she is still contorted by grief.

Chas the mage
2010-01-28, 07:14 PM
A thin film of a black, inky looking substance covers the doorway. A man steps out of the odd liquid-y threshold and it dissipates shortly thereafter. He is quite tall and skinny. He wears a thick brown apron with stains of most every conceivable variety. Under that he has a white shirt, a tie, a vest, and pair of black slacks. He appears to be in his early 50's and his face & hair bear great resemblance to Roshan Seth. He pulls an old, ornate looking pocket watch like device, and checks it.

Richard is here as well. He wears his usual top hat and associated attire.

Chas is here, with a fancy rapier.

and lastly the half-dozen some soldiers are here.

Mee
2010-01-28, 07:55 PM
Oh...cool. That didn't work so well.

But that does work. No more licking; Bye!

Nope, no it didn't. :smalltongue:

Anyway, both Luminar and Rachel are back.
Surprise.
And they're available for anyone who wishes to RP with them.

TheAnomally
2010-01-28, 08:01 PM
Eldena is still not noticing him as she is still contorted by grief.

The illusion figures begin to flicker even worse now. It seems that the being is having a very hard time maintaining the illusion for Eldena.

"EELDENA! If you wish to... To save your family... You must get your... Your tomes... You can bring them back with magic... If you get your... Tomes." The being's speech sounds odd now, as if its connection to Eldena's mind is weakening.

Mee
2010-01-28, 08:11 PM
Lesse, Luminar deadtimes again, aaand actually, so does Rachel.

Sorry.
Be back later.
Again.

Viera Champion
2010-01-28, 08:18 PM
The illusion figures begin to flicker even worse now. It seems that the being is having a very hard time maintaining the illusion for Eldena.

"EELDENA! If you wish to... To save your family... You must get your... Your tomes... You can bring them back with magic... If you get your... Tomes." The being's speech sounds odd now, as if its connection to Eldena's mind is weakening.

Eldena slowly drags herself to stand and climbs the stairs slowly. She comes back down with some of her most powerful magic tomes. Some speels can destroy entire cities or an army of men. None of them dabble in black magic. Those are secrets that she would not give up to anyone. Plus she has no black magic tomes. All that information is locked in her head, and even she can't reach it.

TheAnomally
2010-01-28, 08:46 PM
The illusion of the shadow like man beckons her downstairs.

"We... We have little... Time, we must... Search... These tomes."

It will try to lure her into putting her tomes on the table with Lore.

Viera Champion
2010-01-28, 08:51 PM
Eldena tries to resist but she is much to depressed to do so. She puts the books on the table.

TheAnomally
2010-01-28, 08:58 PM
The shadow illusion looks at the books with what appears to be dismay.

"I don't think... These will do. Is there... Is there anything else? Maybe something you... You remember? Something... Something you have in your head?"

The being, despite asking, starts to root around through her mind, trying to see if she has anything useful in her memory. It's much weaker now, though, so if she tries hard enough, she'll be able to get it out of her head, whatever it is.

Mee
2010-01-28, 09:03 PM
Well, Rachel un-deadtimes again.
She's at the bar, humming to herself, not knowing what is going on.

Viera Champion
2010-01-28, 09:04 PM
She doesn't have the willpower at the moment to push it out. But it won't be able to find the info in her mind. She locked it away very well. There is a riddle for it but that isn't in her memories. It's on a piece of paper in her room. And she doesn't even remember that. Or doesn't appear to.
Th-there is nothing else...

My babies... I killed my babies... And Bear! Oh why me! Why me!

Mee
2010-01-28, 09:09 PM
She doesn't have the willpower at the moment to push it out. But it won't be able to find the info in her mind. She locked it away very well. There is a riddle for it but that isn't in her memories. It's on a piece of paper in her room. And she doesn't even remember that. Or doesn't appear to.
Th-there is nothing else...

My babies... I killed my babies... And Bear! Oh why me! Why me!

Rachel looks at her, is curious as to what's going on, and walks over to Eldena.
She tries to rest a hand on her shoulder or hand, whichever can be reached more easily.
"What's wrong?"
And with the touch, Eldena should start feeling better.
Like there's always some hope.
And should feel at least some of the crushing despair leave.
(At least some, but probably quite a lot of it.)

TheAnomally
2010-01-28, 09:15 PM
Lore finishes absorbing the books Eldena puts on the table and stares up at her.

"You're strange, bunny lady. I mean, first you tell me you absolutely would not give the books, and here they are! I mean..." Lore sees her face. "Hey, what's wrong?"

The shadow illusion that only Eldena can see glares at Lore, and then at Rachel. Then it looks back at Eldena. "Stop your blubbering! If you... If you... Hurry, you might be able... To... Bring them back... I can... I can help you. But you need to... To... Give me your most powerful magics." The shadow illusion starts to lose its shape a little bit. It's flickering worse than ever.

Viera Champion
2010-01-28, 09:37 PM
The hope given to her by Rachel helps her break through the illusion and back to her normal self.
Most powerful magic my ass. I have much more powerful magic, black magic is a matter of fact, that not even I know where to find. So don't even think about trying.

Mee
2010-01-28, 09:39 PM
The hope given to her by Rachel helps her break through the illusion and back to her normal self.
Most powerful magic my ass. I have much more powerful magic, black magic is a matter of fact, that not even I know where to find. So don't even think about trying.

"Much better."
Rachel says, smiling to Eldena, then heading back to the bar, humming to herself some more.
She's much happier now.

TheAnomally
2010-01-28, 09:42 PM
The illusion sneers at her as it fades.

"You... Didn't... Win... Today. Lore... Will..."

All of the illusions fade before it can finish the sentence.

Lore gives her a confused look. "Who are you talking to, rabbit lady?" It closes its eye. "You are so weird."

Chas the mage
2010-01-28, 10:20 PM
The gentleman from earlier undeadtimes.

as does Richard, and Chas.

Recaiden
2010-01-29, 06:18 PM
Joneleth steps lightly into the new thread, looking a little tired, and goes over to the bar.

Mee
2010-01-29, 08:02 PM
Rachel un-deadtimes again.
In case anyone else is here.

Recaiden
2010-01-29, 08:05 PM
Then Riki does come out, sitting down right next to Rachel.

Mee
2010-01-29, 08:05 PM
Then Riki does come out, sitting down right next to Rachel.

Rachel sips at her drink.
"Hi, Mum."

Recaiden
2010-01-29, 08:07 PM
Hello, Rachel. Have you had a good day?

And don't you have Perhsies around somewhere?

Mee
2010-01-29, 08:09 PM
Hello, Rachel. Have you had a good day?

And don't you have Perhsies around somewhere?

"Mmmm.
Today was better than yesterday, I suppose."
She says, shrugging.

Yeah, probably.
But not right now.

Recaiden
2010-01-29, 08:13 PM
Aww. I hope tomorrow's even better then. she says, going to hug her.

Okay. Later then. * shrug * :smallsigh:

Mee
2010-01-29, 08:17 PM
Aww. I hope tomorrow's even better then. she says, going to hug her.

Okay. Later then. * shrug * :smallsigh:

"Mmmm.
See, yesterday, the bunny lady was being all sad and stuff.
So I helped."
Rachel is hugged.
"Oh! And the doggy!"
The doggy that Rachel never cleaned the slobber from, so Riki may just find Rachel to be a bit, ah . . . slippery.

Sorry. I just don't know how long I've got.

Recaiden
2010-01-29, 08:19 PM
She doesn't mind. Which doggy was that?

<.< Neither do I. Later then.

Mee
2010-01-29, 08:20 PM
She doesn't mind. Which doggy was that?

<.< Neither do I. Later then.

"A really, really big wolf."
Rachel says.
"I never did get her name."

Of course.

Recaiden
2010-01-29, 08:23 PM
Oh, that one. I think I've met it before. Riki sighs.

Mee
2010-01-29, 08:25 PM
Oh, that one. I think I've met it before. Riki sighs.

"Probably.

What's wrong?"
Rachel asks, wondering about the sigh.
She also orders herself another drink.

Recaiden
2010-01-29, 08:27 PM
Oh, it just occurred to me how totally this is not how I pictured my life going when I was younger. She shrugs, and goes to order a glass of milk.

Mee
2010-01-29, 08:29 PM
Oh, it just occurred to me how totally this is not how I pictured my life going when I was younger. She shrugs, and goes to order a glass of milk.

"Well, I'm sorry.

Is this a hint for me to go away . . . ?"
Rachel asks, looking kinda sad.

Recaiden
2010-01-29, 08:32 PM
What? Nononono. Don't you ever. Riki says, hugging her again.
The plans were kind of vague on children, and that's turned out well.

Mee
2010-01-29, 08:33 PM
What? Nononono. Don't you ever. Riki says, hugging her again.
The plans were kind of vague on children, and that's turned out well.

"Good, good.
I just . . . have to check."
Rachel says, happier, now.

And with that, I'm being booted from the computer.
Deadtime.
Be back . . . I dunno.

Recaiden
2010-01-30, 11:17 PM
Now, perhaps?

As Riki's still here. Why would you doubt it?

Beans
2010-01-30, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinsar (Post 7795593)
Teperkas.
She holds up a picture of a young milk minosa.
Te... per... kas.
Don't quite seem to recall that name.
Whether I actually do or don't depends on what you want with her.
Whoever she may be.
Thryza shrugs.

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:06 PM
Re: Dancing Fox Inn LVIII: Always Open

She is my daughter.
And I have come to meet her.

Lupy 01-30-2010 10:06 PM

((Psst. Quinny. Plot.))

Beans 01-30-2010 10:07 PM

Thryza sits up a bit straighter.
In that case, I most certainly know her.
Pleased to meet you.
I think she's upstairs. I'll get her for you.

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:10 PM

Yes, yes, good.
Go girl.

Beans 01-30-2010 10:10 PM

Thryza hurries upstairs to find Perky.

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:13 PM

perky is upstairs, and can be brought down.

Beans 01-30-2010 10:13 PM

Thryza does indeed bring her down.

Shades of Gray 01-30-2010 10:14 PM

Felix, the former stabbing victim, is here, drinking some wine. His ears perk up when he hears Perky's name.

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:17 PM

H-hello...?
Yes, hello.
She places a biny hand on the other girl's shoulder.
My daughter, would you like to walk with your mother? Catch up?
Perky nods.

Beans 01-30-2010 10:18 PM

Thryza smiles at the nice little moment.

Shades of Gray 01-30-2010 10:18 PM

Felix watches intently.

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:19 PM

They walk out into the night.

Beans 01-30-2010 10:20 PM

Chol comes sleepily down the stairs and climbs into Thryza's lap.

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:22 PM

Later in the night, there is a dull thud heard outside.

Beans 01-30-2010 10:23 PM

Thryza knows from experience that those sorts of sounds are never ever good.
She puts Chol on a chair and quickly heads outside.

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:25 PM

Perky is collapsed outsid eon the ground. She looks fine.

Beans 01-30-2010 10:26 PM

Thryza looks about for Tr'ial as she goes to help Perky up.

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:26 PM

No sign of her, just a foul odor.

Perky is still unconscious.

Beans 01-30-2010 10:27 PM

Thryza carries her back inside.

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:30 PM

She is carried.

Beans 01-30-2010 10:31 PM

Thryza puts her on a table, taking off her jacket and pillowing her head with it.
Hey, sweetie. Time to wake up.

Shades of Gray 01-30-2010 10:32 PM

Felix, concerned, stands up and quietly walks to Perky's side.

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:33 PM

She doesn't wake.

Beans 01-30-2010 10:34 PM

Thryza checks for a pulse and everything.

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:35 PM

She's breathing, but has no pulse...

Beans 01-30-2010 10:41 PM

Thryza blinks.
She checks for a heartbeat, her face draining.

Shades of Gray 01-30-2010 10:41 PM

Felix then rushes for a phone and calls 911.

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:43 PM

No heartbeat...
Her breathing is becoming shallow.

Beans 01-30-2010 10:44 PM

Thryza hauls her off the table and onto the floor.
And begins to do CPR. Yay red cross!
+

Chol wakes up, confused and scared.
quinsar 01-30-2010 10:45 PM

She coughs and opens her eyes, shaking.

Shades of Gray 01-30-2010 10:48 PM

An ambulance is now on its way. Felix rushes to Perky's side again.

Beans 01-30-2010 10:49 PM

Chol and Thryza are at her side too.
Perky---Perky, sweetie, what happened?

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:50 PM

I-I dunno...
she hit me in the head... With her stick...
My chest is store...
Still no pulse, if anyone checks.

Beans 01-30-2010 10:51 PM

I... Perky...
You don't have a pulse...
She shakes.
Chol begins crying.

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:52 PM

What does that mean...?
Am I dead?
She wraps an arm around Chol.
She's not pale. Looks normal.

Shades of Gray 01-30-2010 10:54 PM

"No Pulse...

You're not dead. But undead don't breathe..." Felix looks confused. "What did that woman do to you...?" He mutters to himself.

Beans 01-30-2010 10:56 PM

Chol holds her, crying.
I... I really don't know, Perky.
Oh, I should have kept you safe, I should have done better...

quinsar 01-30-2010 10:57 PM

It's not your fault mstress, shh. I should have been more careful.

Beans 01-30-2010 10:59 PM

Thryza swallows hard.
I... but I'm supposed to protect you.

quinsar 01-30-2010 11:00 PM

I know, ma'am. But this was out of your control She lied.

Beans 01-30-2010 11:03 PM

Thryza huggles Perky.
I promise I'll take better care of you.

quinsar 01-30-2010 11:04 PM

You take great care of me- all of you.
She smiles.

Beans 01-30-2010 11:09 PM

Thryza smiles.
You're too good to me, Perky.
Now, since we've determined that you're pulseless but totally fine, let's make sure I didn't break any ribs during CPR, huh?

quinsar 01-30-2010 11:10 PM

She nods, smiling.
That happened.

Thryza checks to see if she's broken any of Perky's ribs.

Quinsar
2010-01-30, 11:18 PM
None of her ribs are broken.
Yay cushioning!:smalltongue:

Beans
2010-01-30, 11:21 PM
Beans has no cushioning at all.
Anywhere.
Beans is a skinny bugger.

Well, despite your heart having gone into stealth mode, you seem totally fine.

Quinsar
2010-01-30, 11:22 PM
Yeah.
I'm really warm.

Mee
2010-01-30, 11:23 PM
Now, perhaps?

As Riki's still here. Why would you doubt it?

"Because I never can be sure?"
Rachel asks, shrugging slightly.

Yup.
He's off at a back corner, reading, and trying to remain unnoticed.

Beans
2010-01-30, 11:25 PM
Yeah.
I'm really warm.

Like, uncomfortably warm?
Maybe you should loosen your clothes, take off a layer.

Quinsar
2010-01-30, 11:26 PM
She unbottons a bit of her top.

Beans
2010-01-30, 11:27 PM
Thryza glares at an NPC whose eyes linger a little too long.
That any better?

Quinsar
2010-01-30, 11:28 PM
Not really...
She frowns. She is kind of hot.

Recaiden
2010-01-30, 11:28 PM
You can of that, okay?

I simply meant that you were back now, but okay. Arlem and Van walk into the inn.
...you just meant other crazy do-gooders?
Of course. Would I really search out normal mehrsine, auntie?
Maybe. And stop calling me that; I'm not your aunt.
Close enough. Though now that you mention it... Prima Tanaria?Merhin scuttles out of Van's backpack, looking around. Van looks quite surprised to see her there. Who'sit calling? Why are you using my work name?

Beans
2010-01-30, 11:29 PM
... Huh.
If it were a fever, you'd be getting chills...
Let's get you to bed, okay?

Quinsar
2010-01-30, 11:29 PM
Yes mistress.
She nods.

Beans
2010-01-30, 11:30 PM
Thryza and Chol take Perky upstairs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133542).

Mee
2010-01-30, 11:36 PM
You can of that, okay?

I simply meant that you were back now, but okay. Arlem and Van walk into the inn.
...you just meant other crazy do-gooders?
Of course. Would I really search out normal mehrsine, auntie?
Maybe. And stop calling me that; I'm not your aunt.
Close enough. Though now that you mention it... Prima Tanaria?Merhin scuttles out of Van's backpack, looking around. Van looks quite surprised to see her there. Who'sit calling? Why are you using my work name?
"Yes, mum."
Rachel says, smiling.

Well, Perhsies, being absorbed in his book, doesn't hear any of them.
Plus, the whole: Other NPCs in the inn, talking.

Recaiden
2010-01-30, 11:41 PM
Good girl. Riki says, smiling at her.

Well, there's something involving Arlem giving her a diamond ring, a fistfight between Arlem and Van, strings of yelled insults ending in you selfish fish! and murderous lemur! people hugging, Merhin laughing, returning the ring, and saying, "Maybe, by my people. Lighten up a bit. And wait 15 years." before scuttling away again.

Mee
2010-01-30, 11:44 PM
Good girl. Riki says, smiling at her.

Well, there's something involving Arlem giving her a diamond ring, a fistfight between Arlem and Van, strings of yelled insults ending in you selfish fish! and murderous lemur! people hugging, Merhin laughing, returning the ring, and saying, "Maybe, by my people. Lighten up a bit. And wait 15 years." before scuttling away again.

Rachel smiles again, and orders another drink.

Well, Perhsies is still reading.

Chas the mage
2010-01-31, 03:36 PM
My characters are all here.

Mee
2010-01-31, 08:53 PM
Rachel un-deadtimes.
Again.

Woo.

She's at the bar, sipping at a shot-glass full of . . . something.

Recaiden
2010-01-31, 08:58 PM
That wouldn't be alcohol, would it? Riki asks her.

Arlem waves goodbye to them and walks over to the bar, reveling in how many mind-readable NPCs are here.

Mee
2010-01-31, 09:00 PM
That wouldn't be alcohol, would it? Riki asks her.

Arlem waves goodbye to them and walks over to the bar, reveling in how many mind-readable NPCs are here.

"Yeah, actually.
Just a bit."
Rachel says, downing the rest of it.

Well, Perhsies is still in his corner, still reading.

Bergett
2010-01-31, 09:02 PM
An NPC screams and runs out at Riki's mind read detection.
GET OUT!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Jaya walks in looking after the NPC.
Ok....

Recaiden
2010-01-31, 09:02 PM
Riki tries to snatch the glass away.
That's bad for you, you're not supposed to be drinking it till summer anyway, and even if you're immune, it looks bad because you look like a kid.

Arlem darts over and taps on the edge of the book.

Mee
2010-01-31, 09:06 PM
Riki tries to snatch the glass away.
That's bad for you, you're not supposed to be drinking it till summer anyway, and even if you're immune, it looks bad because you look like a kid.

Arlem darts over and taps on the edge of the book.

Well, it can be snatched.
"You're no fun. No fun at all."
Rachel says, pouting cutely.

"Hmm?

Oh, hi!"
Perhsies says, looking up from the book.

Well, Berg, I have Luminar free, if you want to RP with someone . . .

Bergett
2010-01-31, 09:08 PM
whatever works.

NPC's start screaming and running around.
They think there's a killer plague or something.
someone just coughed.
Ravik walks down the stairs and grabs one of them.
SNAP OUT OF IT MAN!
He slaps him.
The NPC's return to their usual nothingness.
Talking about school, jobs and whatnot.

Recaiden
2010-01-31, 09:09 PM
Not when it comes to ya'll's safety. She says, poking at the hole in her memory.

Arlem ignores the man. Hi, Perhsies! How've you been?

Mee
2010-01-31, 09:14 PM
Not when it comes to ya'll's safety. She says, poking at the hole in her memory.

Arlem ignores the man. Hi, Perhsies! How've you been?

". . . what do you mean safety?
I've seen people chug gallons of that stuff, with no ill effects."
Rachel says, confused.
Though she is feeling somewhat . . . swirly. Yeah, that's probably the best way of describing it.

"Um . . . pretty good . . .
Other than having my room in HALO burn down, and me having to move here.

How about you?"
Perhsies asks, putting the book down.

Well, Berg, I'll leave it up to you, Luminar is at the bar. Go talk to him with whomever, if you wish.

Bergett
2010-01-31, 09:16 PM
Jaya sits down next to Luminar.
At the bar again I see.

Recaiden
2010-01-31, 09:17 PM
Some people have magic, and it works different on children. Riki gives up. She knows its best that she not remember. She looks kinds of worried, because "ya'll's safety" reminded her of whatever it was she can't remember. Are the blocks wearing away already?

Aww, I'm sorry. But why didn't you tell me?! I might never have seen you again! Arlem says.

Mee
2010-01-31, 09:21 PM
Jaya sits down next to Luminar.
At the bar again I see.

"Of course.
Have you noticed that these are the only cushioned seats in the entire inn . . .?"

Some people have magic, and it works different on children. Riki gives up. She knows its best that she not remember. She looks kinds of worried, because "ya'll's safety" reminded her of whatever it was she can't remember. Are the blocks wearing away already?

Aww, I'm sorry. But why didn't you tell me?! I might never have seen you again! Arlem says.

"Right, right.
Alcohol plus magic, bad combo, right?
Whihshish good, cuz I'm-mune."
Rachel says, nodding.

"Well, HALO has this odd thing of randomly teleporting people, or at least me, away from possibly deadly fires,
in this case, it sent me here.
Not much I could do to get back and tell you."
Perhsies apologizes, shrugging slightly.

Bergett
2010-01-31, 09:22 PM
Cushions are expensive...?
I don't know.
She shrugs.

Mee
2010-01-31, 09:23 PM
Cushions are expensive...?
I don't know.
She shrugs.

"I dunno either.
But whatever.
I just like the cushyness of them."
Luminar says, shrugging.

Recaiden
You don't look like you are. Come here. Riki says, trying to pick her up.

Arlem frowns, offended, then shrugs it off. Well, at least you're okay. I haven't seen you in far too long. Though he's seen her more recently. :smalltongue:

Bergett
Whatever gets you up in the morning.

Mee
2010-01-31, 09:28 PM
Whatever gets you up in the morning.

"Well, every other morning, at best . . ."
Luminar says, smiling slightly.

You don't look like you are. Come here. Riki says, trying to pick her up.

Arlem frowns, offended, then shrugs it off. Well, at least you're okay. I haven't seen you in far too long. Though he's seen her more recently. :smalltongue:

Rachel can be, and is, picked up.
"But I'm completely immune . . ."
She says, even more slurred.

"Yup. And I'm sorry.
Besides, I only, like, just got here.
About 15 minutes ago."
((To Perhsies, it was all of 15 minutes ago.))
"Time lag in the teleportation, I guess.

I'm still sorry."

Aaanyway, then Mee has to deadtime, and he takes all his characters with him.
Be back later.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 12:39 PM
(beans!!!!)

Sican is at the bar, he has a slightly new look, his mane is lighter, his eyes aren't plain brown anymore one's blue one's green both are pale, he wear's a steel platekilt, has a longbow on his back with a quiver of arrows, and a scepter at his hip.
yep class change, from ranger to undead hunter, if that already exists then this is a homebrewed version so :smalltongue:

Beans
2010-02-01, 12:43 PM
I have no idea who to have here... Em's deader than dead (sorta like rock) so...
Hell, I might make a new character...
EDIT: Eh, nah, Chol comes downstairs.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 12:47 PM
(heh cool with that)

yup definatly in the inn...he sits back...remembering his first day here...heh first person he meets jumps through the window, then there was abby, now lord of one layer of hell, he wonders how thryza and chris are. and neiz...and well everyone.
He notices the new arrival but does not recall who she is.

Beans
2010-02-01, 12:49 PM
Chol (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5990781&postcount=136) happens to be Thryza's daughter; in her facial features, there's a clear family resemblance.
She glances at Sican.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 12:54 PM
Sican continues to look at her in a puzzeld manner
'nah' he thinks 'couldn't be her'
He continues to look, not noticing if he's staring or not, and approaches curiously, he begins to sniff to catch her scent, memorizing it for later use...she looked like her, smelt like her too...
By now he should be about close enough to show that like a dog, he sometimes forgets the whole personal space thing.

Beans
2010-02-01, 12:56 PM
She smells like Thryza, and sort of like Neiz... but with a sort of bloody tinge to the scent.
Seeing as she has bloody eyes (well, it's not real blood and her right eye's mechanical anyway) this makes sense.
She raises an eyebrow at him.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 01:01 PM
(well at least she didn't punch him)
at the raised eyebrow Sican seems to notice how close he is and backs up with a small grin...
hmm...you...are you related to thryza and Neiz wogal?
wow impressive deduction Sican he critcizes himself...
you see I'M sort of a friend of those two...you can call me sican.

Beans
2010-02-01, 01:02 PM
Thryza's my mom.
I think she mentioned you a few times, but I probably wasn't listening.
She shrugs.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 01:04 PM
well at least you're honest...so do I get a name out of this, or do I need to roll over and play dead?
his tone quite obviously indicates a joke was being made.
The scent of blood ugh that could get a bit distracting.

Beans
2010-02-01, 01:05 PM
I'm Chol.
You can roll over now.
She smirks.
It seems more like a Chris smirk.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 01:09 PM
Sican gives a smirk of his own...heh there's a smirk he won't forget.
heh you smell like your mom but you got your dad's grin.
then just to humor her he does roll over onto his back, and then he lays there lazily.
So how are your parents, what's new in town...see I was stuck in a sanct-errr...trapped gem for a bit and well...I missed some stuff it seems.

Beans
2010-02-01, 01:11 PM
She sits down with her back against his side, leaning on him like a couch.
Well, it turns out that Neiz and I have a big sister that nobody---including mom---knew about, and she's cool.
Then came this girl Perky, and somehow she's claimed mom as her master... she's really great.
Otherwise, absolutely jack has happened.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 01:16 PM
she lay her back on him...heh well it made sense to him, probably more comfortable then the floor he figured
well that's new, normally wehn I'm gone for longer then a day town is invaded or something, as a matter of fact, last I came back I found out my little sister had been fighting off drones with Neiz and the rest of your family at that time, her name is seraphine just in case.
oh yeah seraphine had a change of heart and went from gnoth to pretty rave gnoll lol.

Beans
2010-02-01, 01:17 PM
Huh.
Neiz told me about that.
It was before I was born, the Drone invasion.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 01:20 PM
before you were borne, this brings up a good question I've wanted to ask how old are you by the way? how old does she look?
He looks up at the ceiling watching it shift ever so slightly as he tried to recall the exact dimensions and position of his room, with the inn copy pasteing his memory of the room.

Beans
2010-02-01, 01:21 PM
She looks about 13-14.
Chronologically... less than 6 months.
Physically, 13 or so years.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 01:28 PM
hmmm...I see he shifts his head as watching his room being made is giving him a headache. He, finally, notices her cyber eye
heh nice eye, I used to have an arm like that, then a restore ritual I tried sort of picked up some unnatural amountsof energy when I was distracted and knocked me out, and back to how I was before I came here.
he looks up again, looks away from the still expanding ceiling.
mind if I ask about the whole blood thing.

Beans
2010-02-01, 01:31 PM
I'm a Rage Echo.
It's how I am.
The blood isn't blood, it's... it's like tears for normal eyes. Keeps them wet.
I got the cyber-eye when somebody put a bomb in a hardcover book of mine.
I got a piece of the cover in my eye.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 01:40 PM
rage echo...makes sense Neiz's an echo too, sorrow or misery I think. Oh okay like tears...hmm well I've seen, and heard weirder I think. his voice has his usual tone, a little rough, gravely but not trheatening. but when he hear's about the bombed book, well as her back is on his side she won't see his snarling raised hackel's but she will feel the growling.
Someone put a bomb in your book? who, and why? I'm asking so I know who needs there tail whupped when I get a hold of them.
He didn't know chol, but he was a good friend of thryza and chris, and a passing decent friend of neiz.

Beans
2010-02-01, 01:42 PM
Dunno.
I don't care about it anyway, I like my cybernetic eye.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 01:45 PM
he glade you do, your dad made it I bet, him or bubble. heh and I bet it comes in handy at times...I just better not find out you've been watching through my door in the future got that?
The last is added as a joke, but he sounds so serious it might take a second to catch.

Beans
2010-02-01, 01:50 PM
... Ew.
I'mma eat a muffin.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 01:57 PM
Still no punch, didn't she just say rage echo...
She should here another growl-ish sound, this one easily recognizable, Sican's getting hungry.
hmmm...seems to be lunchtime.
his paws move rather quickly to try and grab her shoulders and scare her. If he succeeds and does scare her he'll let go and chuckle before getting up to a booth and ordering a grilled chicken sandwhich, no mayo, easy on the mustard.

Beans
2010-02-01, 02:01 PM
She jumps up a little, then punches lightly at his shoulder.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 02:06 PM
heh gotcha that time.
he rubs his shoulder a little, hmm yep related to thry for sure this one.
He takes a massive bite out of his sandwhich
finally food, ugh that gem locked me in it for ages without being able to eat anything...you have no idea how great it is being able to eat right now.
his mouth is full, and well he has fangs and no teeth meant for chewing really so if there are napkins their more for anyone nearby.
so how do you find town so far?

Beans
2010-02-01, 02:08 PM
'S nice. Cool people, I've got a great family, got mind-screwy anime on DVD...

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 02:13 PM
heh, well good to hear.
Sican looks around noting that there is indeed a lack of hecticness to town...he misses it.
hmmm...it used to be a lot more chaotic then this...I miss the noise. I remember once I walked in and there was so much going on at once that no one could remember who was were when it all cooled down.
He looked over at her.
any idea why it's calmed?
no need to give a real answer just asking to ask something.

Beans
2010-02-01, 02:15 PM
No idea... Shrug.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 02:18 PM
hmm...it's odd how things can change sometimes...
He looksdown at his plate, hmm where'd that sandwhich go, a slightly somber half-smile on his face.
heh well change will come again I suppose, still it'll be odd, town...uneventful I have never heard those two words that close together.

Beans
2010-02-01, 02:26 PM
Needs penguins.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-01, 02:28 PM
A small penguin waddles by.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 02:33 PM
Sican laughs, loud hyena-like cackle, when the penguin is seen.
good to see the laws of logic still have little hold here.
he continues his mad hyena laughter.
man those cleansing, purging or whatever gems can get boring, I was stuck there, with the thing that paladine tossed me in removing the "evil" from me and changing my appearence and it was so boring not even flashing lights, just a dull humming, like a computer trying to download something.

Beans
2010-02-01, 02:34 PM
Penguin appeared.
... Heh.

Damn, that sounds boring.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-01, 02:36 PM
The penguin sits down next to Chol. Abigale also walks by. "Sican?" She asks. She looks almost nine months pregnant. "Long time no see." She smiles. Evidently the penguin was hers.

Beans
2010-02-01, 02:38 PM
Thryza falls down the stairs, boinky boinky boinky.
Ow.
Hey Abi, how's the baby?

Hey, Sican!

Chol tries to pet the pengy.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 02:41 PM
abby, how are you?
He walks over about to give a hug, but remembers the fact that he has tended to forget his own strength, so he sort stands there and mimes a hug to her.
heh no kidding same here.
he has a lighter mane, and one blue one green eye both pale, platekilt of steel, longbow, and scepter.
I hear town has calmed down, is this even possible? and hey thry...you know chol here has your punch.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-01, 02:46 PM
"The baby and I are both fine. And I suppose things are calming down because there's a baby on board." She smiles and takes a seat.

The penguin is super-duper cuddly and can be taken by Chol.

Beans
2010-02-01, 02:52 PM
Chol goes all d'aww over the pengy and cuddly-wuddles him. Or her.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 02:54 PM
Well Sican looks around and gets up.
great seeing both of you, and nice meeting ya chol, but I best head up to my room and make sure that it has a bed and stuff.
he'll wave at chol, high five to abby, and gnoll-tastically hug thryza before heading to the stairs that the latter just fell down.

Beans
2010-02-01, 02:59 PM
Thryza gets huggled, smiling.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-01, 03:01 PM
Abigale smiles and waves goodbye. The penguin seems distressed as he is crused by Chol's indomitable love. "Not so tight, dood."

Beans
2010-02-01, 03:06 PM
She eases up.
Um... sorry.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-01, 03:12 PM
"It's okay, dood, just don't do that again." He smiles and gets more comfortable.

Beans
2010-02-01, 03:13 PM
She pets his head.
What's your name? I'm Chol.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-01, 03:15 PM
"Baldwin, accursed soul, at your service." He smiles.

Beans
2010-02-01, 03:18 PM
Accursed soul?
You got cursed into being cute and cuddly?

Shades of Gray
2010-02-01, 03:20 PM
"I got cursed into this weak form. We have to work until we can afford our freedom, at which point we get reincarnated. I'm working for Abigale, there." He nods.

Beans
2010-02-01, 03:23 PM
You're not so weak.
You can swim, fish... and more importantly, directly bypass people's brains by exploiting your cuteness.

Shades of Gray
2010-02-01, 05:10 PM
"I suppose so. But in my past life I was a warrior! This form is just... beneath me." The penguin tries to look as fierce as possible. Read: Not very.

Sen Halfomoon
2010-02-01, 05:41 PM
Sican walks back down the stars, meaning he trips and falls down them, much like thryza did earlier, cut to slow mo...and now back to regular speed.
yup, this is the same old inn alright.

Bergett
2010-02-01, 06:22 PM
Penguins eh?
Trying to replace me already?
I see how it is...

Someone is here, haven't decided yet.

Chas the mage
2010-02-01, 07:00 PM
my charries are here.

Mee
2010-02-01, 07:05 PM
my charries are here.

What's a charrie?

Anyway, Rachel is here.
She's at the bar, humming, and looking just fine.

Aaaand no she's not. :smallsigh:
Be here later.

Chas the mage
2010-02-01, 07:08 PM
fail. its some slang term for character, I'm not sure if me or someone else came up with it.

and for in-characterness, Richard orders a gin & tonic.

Bergett
2010-02-01, 07:09 PM
It's a term for "Character"
Kowalski wanders over to the soldiers.
I have a proposition for you gentlemen.

Chas the mage
2010-02-01, 07:10 PM
"And what would that be," one of them responds to Kowalski.

Bergett
2010-02-01, 07:17 PM
Work for me.
Be my shock troopers.
My SWAT team.
Keep your weapons and put some use to your talents.
Instead of just taking up room.

When a monster or army goes rampaging, you gentlemen come in and take control of the situation.
My police are good, just not good enough.
Consider my offer.
Good pay.
But you'd have to lay of the alcohol and drugs.
Can't have you hyped up on duty.
Think about it.
Come to the town hall and my office if you decide.

Chas the mage
2010-02-01, 07:20 PM
"hmm..." he says, and takes a sip of his ale, "an interesting proposal. my men are taking up space right now, that's just about it, ever since Richard disappeared, so I'll probably swing by later."

Richard is a crossed the room, drinking his gin & tonic.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 09:26 PM
A party walks in, noticeable with a paladin, fighter, cleric, two wizards, a bard, a ranger, and a rogue, clearly with intent of a quest to find within a suitable place...

Recaiden
2010-02-01, 09:27 PM
There's a hooded, cloaked figure sitting mysteriously at the bar, watching the overlarge adventuring party. Usually, people come in one at a time.

Chas the mage
2010-02-01, 09:31 PM
((Pally, you new to these parts or do I just no recognize you?))

Richard is here. Richard is a surprisingly tall old man with wrinkled pale skin. His hair is black and has gray streaks. He wears a top hat, tail coat, and associated attire, along with a black cane. Richard gives off a scent pleasing to the nose and has a holy aura about him.

Chas is here. hes a dashing looking young blond elf, with an intricately engraved rapier on his belt.

There are a half-dozen some soldiers here, wearing technologically advanced looking armor, and they all reek of tobacco.

Theres another man at the bar. He is quite tall and skinny. He wears a thick brown apron with stains of most every conceivable variety. Under that he has a white shirt, a tie, a vest, and pair of black slacks. He appears to be in his early 50's and his face & hair bear great resemblance to Roshan Seth. He pulls an old, ornate looking pocket watch like device, and checks it.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 09:31 PM
The ranger and the paladin come to the hooded man, the paladin saying, I know you need an adventuring party.

No, don't know you, Chas.

Recaiden
2010-02-01, 09:33 PM
The hooded woman looks up at them, uneasy. She feels like there's a paladin nearby. I do? I thought I did all my things needing an adventuring party before I retired. More like, you need a job. Let me think for a moment.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 09:36 PM
Sorry, I always feel as a paladin a bit uneasy when it comes to hooded people in bars. I'm Elendro Elessedil, Feywild outcast, Eladrin Paladin. This is my party rogue, Kelsey, and my courageous wife, Aliyara.

The bard orders some Hydra Heads. No brain stem.

Recaiden
2010-02-01, 09:42 PM
"Ah. Call me Riki, not an outcast, Shapechanging Horror. Due to past experiences, am a bit uneasy around paladins. I hope you don't take it personally. It's good to meet you all."
She pulls off her hood, apparently a wood elf under it, and offers him a hand to shake.

Meanwhile, Joneleth runs in the door, his gray coat fluttering after him. He's tapping at a bluish metal rectangle he's holding, and there's a loud clanking sound coming after him.
"Hey. I don't suppose that I could get a little help fighting?" he asks, without even looking up.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 09:45 PM
I'll have to take that handshake later, Riki. Hey, you appear injured...I'll lay hands; Elaan! Show the assailants who's the fighter!

You know it! He unsheathes a pointy vorpal greatsword with two points on the middle for better cutting.

Recaiden
2010-02-01, 09:48 PM
I'm not injured, thank you. I just need some time to disable this...thing.
Quite possibly he means this spiky, six-legged machine that's charging through the doorway, and looking around menacingly.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 09:50 PM
Elaan stands ready to intimidate anyone who comes in, but didn't expect this. while Elendro calls the wizards in. Anastrinna, Vesuvius, come here. check out this thing...

Recaiden
2010-02-01, 09:53 PM
The machine pauses, confused by all these people. It's composed of six snaky limbs, a buglike head, a small, rectangular body with another bluish box along the top of it, just like the one Joneleth is holding.

((And I have to deadtime for a little while. Sorry.))

Chas the mage
Chas looks up at the machine. "Ah, Bollocks," he exclaims, not so much as raising a finger.

Mee
Rachel (A little girl of about 7, with red hair, green eyes, and pretty much nothing else worth noting.), un-deadtimes, next to Riki.
"Good evening, Mo-. . .
Who are these people, Mom?"

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 09:54 PM
We're the Fallcrest Adventurers, we're trying to save you, hey, um, man, what's that thing you're holding? looks like what that has?

Chas the mage
2010-02-01, 09:59 PM
Richard drinks, not interfering.

Mee
2010-02-01, 10:00 PM
We're the Fallcrest Adventurers, we're trying to save you, hey, um, man, what's that thing you're holding? looks like what that has?

((I assume that the first bit at least is directed at me.
(It helps it you clarify to whom you're speaking.
Just to let you know.) ))

"Which means nothing to me . . .
You're who?"

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 10:00 PM
Not you, this guy, um, the man with the bluish box? And we're the Fallcrest adventurers, a super order of adventurers to this inhabited world.

We just walked into the bar before knowing Joneleth?

Mee
2010-02-01, 10:08 PM
And we're the Fallcrest adventurers, a super order of adventurers to this inhabited world.

We just walked into the bar before knowing Joneleth?

((I'll assume the bit I snipped is directed at me.))
And I realize who you are, (Or, your characters, anyway.) but Rachel doesn't know.
"I see.
Super adventurers?"
Rachel asks, obviously confused.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 10:11 PM
Ugh, we're just adventurers with awesome magic items, now we need to find out how to disable this insect thing BEFORE it kills us before snapping out of confusion? You, with the retangular prism, what is it for?

A little help here? Elaan said.

Mee
2010-02-01, 10:12 PM
Ugh, we're just adventurers with awesome magic items, now we need to find out how to disable this insect thing BEFORE it kills us before snapping out of confusion?

"I see.

And you can't do anything to it right now. That's one of the oddities of the Town you're in.
You have to wait, and then continue the fight.
So until then, you're free to talk.

Besides, I have no idea how to kill it.

How awesome magic items?"
Rachel asks, interested in the magical items.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 10:19 PM
First off, we all have 3 Everlasting Provisions, each of us have Handy Haversacks, some Endless Canteens, Restful Bedrolls with an Instant Campsite, now for the weapons, I have a Sunblade, Elaan here has a Vorpal Greatsword, Aliyara has an Icy Burst Longbow, Anastrinna and Vesuvius both have staves, my cleric, Aramil has a Mace of Repulses, and Atarick, my bard, has a Luckblade, an Kelsey has a Deadly Dagger.

Mee
2010-02-01, 10:22 PM
First off, we all have 3 Everlasting Provisions, each of us have Handy Haversacks, some Endless Canteens, Restful Bedrolls with an Instant Campsite, now for the weapons, I have a Sunblade, Elaan here has a Vorpal Greatsword, Aliyara has an Icy Burst Longbow, Anastrinna and Vesuvius both have staves, my cleric, Aramil has a Mace of Repulses, and Atarick, my bard, has a Luckblade, an Kelsey has a Deadly Dagger.

"And for those that don't play 4th Edition?"
Rachel asks, most of that entire thing going over his head.
"Doesn't really matter, I guess.

So . . . what brings you here?"

Bergett
2010-02-01, 10:22 PM
Ravik the red eyed man who any paladin worth his/her salt would be able to tell he's a demon but upon a cast of detect evil will find none in him.
Unless it's the nature of the creature not person.
If they're trying to detect the alingment of the demon not Ravik then you'll find evil.

And amidst my run on sentences he's behind the traveling party.
Sounds to me you have the equipment, but do you have the skills.
Anyone can hold a sword but only so many know how to use it.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 10:23 PM
We're freelancers, working for Fallcrest.

Bergett
2010-02-01, 10:25 PM
I'll take it that means you're a good mercenary group.
He raises an eyebrow.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 10:26 PM
Oh no, we aren't those kind of freelancers, we're just freelancers.

Mee
2010-02-01, 10:26 PM
We're freelancers, working for Fallcrest.

"Okay."
Rachel says, shrugging.
The name means nothing to her, but she hasn't heard of a lot of places.
"Anyway, Ravik talked to you. If you want to answer him."

Bergett
2010-02-01, 10:28 PM
I suppose my definition for "Mercenary" is a bit loose then.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 10:29 PM
Where we come from, mercenaries sound like hitmen.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-01, 10:30 PM
Oh, hey! Will's BEAR-sized wolf walks into the DFI, unaccompianied. (Yes, there is a difference between a Bear and a BEAR)

Maybe it's a random encounter!

It does look pretty ferocious...what with its large canine teeth, sharp claws, yellow and white fur, and it could probably eat a cat without chewing.

I wonder what she's doing here, all on her lonesome?

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 10:31 PM
It's not even random encounter for a creature, more like an encounter meeting you...

Bergett
2010-02-01, 10:33 PM
He shrugs.
Whatever floats your boat.
He looks at the "BEAR".
Is that a BEARtm?

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 10:36 PM
Probably. I dunno..

Je dit Viola
Okay...it's more of a buffalo-sized. Not BEAR.

She knocks over a chair with her tail, but it's no big bother because it happens all the time. Even mice do that sometimes.

The wolf looks over at Ravik, and opens her mouth really wide.

Like she's going to eat him, or something. But, rather than eating, a blast of light comes out. Blarg! Like that. Big, blinding beam of light.

...nothing else.

I wonder what got into her.

Mee
Oh, hey! Will's BEAR-sized wolf walks into the DFI, unaccompianied. (Yes, there is a difference between a Bear and a BEAR)

Maybe it's a random encounter!

It does look pretty ferocious...what with its large canine teeth, sharp claws, yellow and white fur, and it could probably eat a cat without chewing.

I wonder what she's doing here, all on her lonesome?

"Puppy!"
Rachel says, brightening, and running over to the BEAR-sized wolf.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 10:39 PM
:eek: No, don't!

Je dit Viola
2010-02-01, 10:41 PM
The cute little puppy (well...not really) turns to Rachel as she runs over.

She opens her mouth as she approaches...and...

...will lick her as she comes close. She's in a mood today. A big, sloppy, doggie lick on the face.

Mee
2010-02-01, 10:43 PM
The cute little puppy (well...not really) turns to Rachel as she runs over.

She opens her mouth as she approaches...and...

...will lick her as she comes close. She's in a mood today. A big, sloppy, doggie lick on the face.

Rachel thinks she heard someone say something about a mood, but got licked on the face, and isn't sure.

She giggles, and pets the 'cute puppy'.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 10:44 PM
Elendro half faints, and sighs heavily in relief. No, I'm an Eladrin, an a paladin. Must remain up.

Elaan simply vomits.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-01, 10:47 PM
Maybe she heard something...or maybe it was her imagination. Can't be too certain, what with all the disembodied voices floating around today.

She looks in disgust at the vomiting guy. Eew.

Then, she lies down as she's getting petted. She likes that.

Mee
2010-02-01, 10:48 PM
Maybe she heard something...or maybe it was her imagination. Can't be too certain, what with all the disembodied voices floating around today.

She looks in disgust at the vomiting guy. Eew.

Then, she lies down as she's getting petted. She likes that.

Yup. Too many disembodied voices.

Rachel hears the puking guy, winces slightly, and goes back to petting the 'cute little puppy'.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 10:49 PM
Atarick advances slowly toward the wolf with a Hydra bone, hoping it's a friendly to those with magic armor.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-01, 10:51 PM
The wolf lazily picks up her head and turns it to the hydrabone-carrying man/person/thing.

She watches him approach.

She doesn't want to move, though, because petting's really good.

Mee
2010-02-01, 10:52 PM
The wolf lazily picks up her head and turns it to the hydrabone-carrying man/person/thing.

She watches him approach.

She doesn't want to move, though, because petting's really good.

Petting is really good, however, Rachel sees something that could be truly hilarious.
"You want the bone?"
She asks the doggy.
"Go get it!"
She says, patting the doggy one last time, and smiling widely.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 10:52 PM
Atarick calms over, then slightly tosses the bone in the buffalo-sized wolf, gently, reflexes great as soon as she said "Go get it!"

Bergett
2010-02-01, 10:53 PM
Ravik is still stunned by the blast of light.
ahhhh... uh uh uh...
whaaaa....?

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 10:57 PM
Anastrinna noticed the blinded guy, and dispels it, then blindly casted Charm Monster.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-01, 10:57 PM
She jumps forward like lightning, leaping from the ground to get the bone.

It's a pretty good bone, she thinks.

Her mouth opens wide to get it. Knocking something over? Yes. Was it intentional? Probably.

The wolf will likely stop instants before hitting Atarick.

((Charm Monster?

What does that do?))

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 10:59 PM
No, buffalo-sized wolf. Bad. Don't attack our teammate. Dismiss Charm Monster..

Mee
2010-02-01, 11:00 PM
Anastrinna noticed the blinded guy, and dispels it, then blindly casted Charm Monster.

Nonono, attempts to fix it.
Everything in the town is an attempt.
So unless Je Dit says so, the spell didn't work. Either spell, actually.

And you need to see what you're casting Charm Monster on.
I assume the wolf, but in other situations, it would need to be clarified.

She jumps forward like lightning, leaping from the ground to get the bone.

It's a pretty good bone, she thinks.

Her mouth opens wide to get it. Knocking something over? Yes. Was it intentional? Probably.

The wolf will likely stop instants before hitting Atarick.

((Charm Monster?

What does that do?))

Rachel watches, smiling.

Lupy
2010-02-01, 11:01 PM
A grizzled Ignan Paladin walks into the Inn.

He pauses in the door to see what's going on.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-01, 11:03 PM
It's just light.

It can probably be dispelled by blinking really fast for three seconds. Actually, though, I think Bergett will have to say whether it fails or succeeds.

And I still have no idea what Charm Monster's supposed to do. She's a wolf, not a monster.

The wolf pants, and drops the bone back to the guy, while backing up a little bit.

Bergett
2010-02-01, 11:04 PM
Ravik blinks a couple times as the light fade away.
Well that was odd.

Lupy
2010-02-01, 11:05 PM
Is everything under control here? He says in an old smoker's voice.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 11:05 PM
Dude, Paladins need to be Lawful Good, and not an Infernal.

Atarick stands absolutely still, then slowly digs a healing potion out.

Recaiden
2010-02-01, 11:06 PM
They're adventurer's dear. Like they said. Don't worry. You're safe from them.

It controls the thing's engine. I'm trying to get it to shut down.
The machine turns, noticing the voice.
Ep.
It lifts up 2 legs threateningly and starts walking towards him.

They're paladins of a fire god. Besides, your sig says 4.0. Paladins can be any alignment they want. :smalltongue:

Mee
2010-02-01, 11:07 PM
They're adventurer's dear. Like they said. Don't worry. You're safe from them.

"I know. They couldn't hurt me if they wanted to.
But I was curious."

Rachel goes back to the bar, as the puppy seems to want to play fetch now.

Lupy
2010-02-01, 11:08 PM
Ignus, the fire god worshipped by all of my characters, is TN. Nor is smoking evil.

Never seen a wolf that big.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 11:08 PM
Elaan goes in to defend everyone from the approaching insect.

Atarick has an idea, and throws the bone at the metal attacker's back.

Lupy
2010-02-01, 11:09 PM
What insect? I didn't see one on this page? >.<

Recaiden
2010-02-01, 11:10 PM
The insect does its best to just bat him out of the way. It's about as strong as it looks, which would be very.

It's on Page 6. Some sort of large robot bug that's gone out of control.

PallElendro
Elaan consumes a potion of stoneleg, and boots his... boots into the floor, and binds them to the floor, and then slashes the creature's legs again.

Je dit Viola
The wolf turns towards the fire paladin.

She doesn't chase after the bone, because she didn't see where it went.

Maybe if someone pointed it out to her...

Lupy
2010-02-01, 11:11 PM
Hello Lupus. Lost are ye?

Lupus = Wolf in Latin. And Patrian of course.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 11:13 PM
Atarick points at the robot's back which clearly shows the bone.

Recaiden
2010-02-01, 11:13 PM
Aww, now he's hurt its leg. It has to set down a 5th limb to stay steady.
The 6th arm reaches out to grab him. But it's kind of sloooow now.

Lupy
2010-02-01, 11:14 PM
What is that?

The Paladin claps, and a glaive appears in his hands.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-01, 11:15 PM
The Wolf of Light tilts her head. Lost? No, she knows where she is. She's standing right here, trying to ignore that annoying metal bug.

And, no, she can't speak.

Oh! The bone! It's on the bug's back.

The annoying one.

The one she wants to jump at.

Will's wolf turns towards the bug, and leaps at it with her razor claws, trying to clamp down on it with her vicegrip jaws.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 11:16 PM
Elaan ducks to his bound stone legs, and then focuses his mind to remove the effect, then climbs onto the limb, and crawls up that leg, and looks or a circuit board.

Where's the engine, sir? Elaan said.

Lupy
2010-02-01, 11:17 PM
Never have I seen the like of this... Maybe this assignment won't be too boring.

He tries to stab the bug with his glaive.

Mee
2010-02-01, 11:19 PM
"Soooo . . . mom? Why are they attacking the bug-thing? It's obvious that the other guy is trying to turn it off . . ."
Rachel is obviously confused.

PallElendro
Stabbing weapons aren't that good on a bot insect unless it's particularly sharp, like my Vorpal Greatsword! Elaan shouted.

Recaiden
The blue piece. Disconnect it. Those 2 latches holding it on to the bug.

Which now has a wolf biting into it, and a glaive that just stabbed it and ruined one of its leg motors, and is twisting to bite at the wolf. It freezes up partway there, and collapses. As Rachel had predicted, it's been shut off.

It's in fact much easier to stab than to chop. :smalltongue:

It's dangerous, maybe.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 11:21 PM
Phew, that was hard...
Yeah, thanks to you, sir, and your tamed wolf, Rachel.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-01, 11:21 PM
Aww...

The wolf got bitten.

Non-blood leaks out. Rather, light does. It makes you go 'huh? How does that work?'

She yelps, and backs up away from the bug, staring at it should it make another step closer.

Lupy
2010-02-01, 11:22 PM
I won this glaive fighting for the Archbishop in the anarchy, it'll do just fine young man. And mind your elders. And you call that armor polished? I ought to see my face in it from here.

Mee
2010-02-01, 11:22 PM
Aww...

The wolf got bitten.

Non-blood leaks out. Rather, light does. It makes you go 'huh? How does that work?'

She yelps, and backs up away from the bug, staring at it should it make another step closer.

"Nooo! Puppy!"
Is the bite bad at all?
Cuz odds are good that if it is, it'll find itself being healed by the 'powerless' Rachel.

Yeah, thanks to you, sir, and your tamed wolf, Rachel.

"Actually, she's not mine. And I never did tell you my name . . ."

Lupy
2010-02-01, 11:23 PM
The old Paladin stabs the bug thing again.

Recaiden
2010-02-01, 11:24 PM
Thank you all. I don't know what went wrong with it. Nel goes to detach the blue board and drag the thing slowly away.

And Arlem's in the corner where she last saw Perhsies.

Lupy
2010-02-01, 11:24 PM
Nothing to it. Who serves the drinks around here?

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 11:25 PM
Sorry sir. I'll refer your advice to the armor. Anastrinna! Hit me with some polsih spells, or something, Father, go Lay on Hands with the wolf on the wounded spots.

When did you become my master? Aliyara, little help here.

He uses his holy power to heal the Light Wolf.

Lupy
2010-02-01, 11:26 PM
You can't use magic. It's about the work. Builds character. You got to have character to be a Paladin.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 11:26 PM
Bartender! Buy these fine people a round on me. What would you like to order?

Bergett
2010-02-01, 11:27 PM
Ravik slides up next to the blue guy.
Now you're speaking a language we can all understand.
Free beer I'm ok with that.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-01, 11:27 PM
Ooh. Too late.

The wolf already got healed by Rachel. Discretely, though.

It's a little of an odd sensation. She usually gets healed by darkness. Pretty strange. It tickles. Sends power surging through her.

It's a lot different than darkness.

Lupy
2010-02-01, 11:28 PM
Scotch, and don't water it down too much.

PallElendro
You can't use magic. It's about the work. Builds character. You got to have character to be a Paladin.

Actually sir, I'm a fighter. but okay. Lay off the polish spell, Anastrinna. Thanks!

Recaiden
Nothing for you, Rachel. In case she was thinking of taking a free drink.

Lupy
2010-02-01, 11:29 PM
Actually sir, I'm a fighter. but okay. Lay off the polish spell, Anastrinna. Thanks!

You don't think Paladins are Fighters? You should've seen Harper's Hill boy.

Mee
2010-02-01, 11:29 PM
Nothing for you, Rachel. In case she was thinking of taking a free drink.

"But MooooOooooOOOOOOoooOoom!"
Rachel whines.
Well, sorta . . . jokingly whines, if that makes sense.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-02-01, 11:30 PM
Zaydon undeadtimes. He sees the signs that there was a fight.

Aw, I missed a fight, didn't I?

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 11:30 PM
No thanks.
I'm fine.
I'll take an Elven wine.
It's okay, Riki. I'll get her a Milk.
Scotch, not too watery, classic beer, 2 elven wines, and a milk.

Recaiden
2010-02-01, 11:31 PM
No. Riki says, trying to grab up the girl again.
It affects you more than you think. Besides, no plant-based foods till the summer.

Then she waves at Zaydon. Just a little one.

Je dit Viola
The wolf looks up and smells the scent of the newly arrived person.

If only she could talk...she would say stuff. Don't know what, though.

The large wolf lies down on the ground again.

Mee
No. Riki says, trying to grab up the girl again.
It affects you more than you think. Besides, no plant-based foods till the summer.

"Fine.
And no, actually, it doesn't.
I'm completely immune.

. . . :smalleek:
None?"
Rachel asks, eyes going wide.

Lupy
2010-02-01, 11:33 PM
And fetch something for the wolf too. Steak and some water.

Recaiden
2010-02-01, 11:33 PM
So yesterday was just an act? I'm the one that's immune.
She shakes her head.
Not a one.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 11:34 PM
Here, Riki, with your permission, how about a nice glass of milk? Oh, bartender? a steak and water, too!

KerfuffleMach2
2010-02-01, 11:35 PM
Well shoot. That sucks.

Opie crawls out from behind the bar. He looks around a little, then spots the wolf. He runs over to the wolf, obviously very happy.

Hi! I'm Opie! What's you name?

Recaiden
2010-02-01, 11:37 PM
I don't accept things from paladins. Thanks anyway.