PDA

View Full Version : unusual bonuses 3.5

urbanpirate
2010-01-28, 03:43 PM
so i am building a gestalt druid/barb for an upcoming game and I am now at the point where i am trying to set up her best gear/buff combos. i have covered enhancement, morale, luck,size, rage, animal stats(wildshaped) bonuses pretty well. i am looking for ways to add insight, profane,sacred(not sure i can get away with both but might as well try) and alchemical bonuses to hit and damage. I seem to be coming up empty. where should i be looking?

ericgrau
2010-01-28, 03:44 PM
Pale green prism ioun stone adds a +1 competence bonus to attack rolls and many other things. Pricey, but worth it after you've finished getting everything else. Cheaper than upping your weapon from +9 to +10 equivalent.

Sinfire Titan
2010-01-28, 03:47 PM
Chaos/Law Devotion (CC) provide a Sacred/Profane bonuses to Hit or AC (can't really control it with Chaos, but the bonus is fairly big).

jiriku
2010-01-28, 04:02 PM
Complete Adventurer's equipment section is a good source for alchemical bonuses, although they're generally very small.

Spell Compendium has a number of cleric spells that offer sacred/profane bonuses.

Os1ris09
2010-01-28, 04:03 PM
for the record it is a generally accepted way to write gestalt characters as Class//class for example your build would look like this: Bard//Druid. As far as other things to hit I think the luck blade and the dagger of wishes, forgot actual name but its in the DMG, with no wishes grants you a +1 luck bonus to most things accept damage. I hope that helps.

Person_Man
2010-01-28, 04:28 PM
Evil Blessing: As a Standard Action you gain a Profane bonus to your Saves equal to your Cha score for 5 rounds. If you damage to an enemy with a Good subtype or aura, the bonus is doubled. Elder Evils pg 13.

Optimystik
2010-01-28, 04:33 PM
Luck bonuses tend to be rare in core - use Recitation (SpC) to get some.

Circumstance bonuses are more common - but since they stack, go nuts.

Person_Man
2010-01-29, 09:49 AM
There's also a Bard 1 spell in the Spell Compendium called Improvisation. It gives you a scaled floating Luck bonus pool that can be used for pretty much anything. The duration is pretty limited, but it can be ridiculously useful.

Lysander
2010-01-29, 10:52 AM
Some weapons have bonuses to precise kinds of attacks. For example the Spiked Chain and several other weapons give a +2 attack bonus just when attempting disarms.

Have you given your natural attacks an enhancement bonus or just your weapon? An Amulet of Mighty Fists would be helpful when fighting in wild shape.
I assume you have an item that boosts your strength too like Gauntlets of Ogre Power?

Haste also provides a +1 attack bonus. Boots of Speed will let you act hasted for 10 rounds a day if there isn't a caster who can buff you with it.

There's also the racial bonus to attack, like gnomes have against goblins and kobolds. It's limited to whatever your chosen species has as its sworn enemy though.