PDA

View Full Version : Preludes, Group 2 IC

KingRexII
2010-01-29, 01:22 PM
The sun shines brightly, much like any other day on Medgard, upon a clearing in the jungle. It lies a mere 15 minutes' walk from the outskirts of the city, and the path leading up to Nature's Hall, which is the local name for it, is well marked. Many of the city's holidays are held here, and there's always some reminder of that on the mostly dirt floor -- a crumpled piece of paper tumbling along the ground, a bit of broken glass hidden in the underbrush. It was not too long ago that the city held a banquet here in the defenders' honor for their valiant efforts in repelling the island's invaders. It is here that they must take up the mantle of a hero again.

First Lieutenant's Rajaat instructions are to meet him at Nature's Hall at noon.

OOC:

We want to keep the IC (in-character) thread mostly free of OOC chatter, which is why it's usually encapsulated in a spoiler tag. However, if you have an in-game question directed toward the DM, rather than a general question to the DM or an in-game question to the rest of players, putting OOC questions and requests in the IC thread is appropriate. I will usually use this when I'm asking for a particular action, like what your character's combat actions are or if I need a specific kind of roll from you.

Anyway, please introduce your character as he or she enters the clearing. We'll assume that people arrive in the order people post. Once everyone has checked in, I'll move on. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves until everyone has arrived. Rajaat will arrive at the speed of plot.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-01-29, 01:34 PM
*Wanders by Natures halls* (Action)

hm.. seems no one's here.. (Tought)

"oh well, i must be at the wrong place" (D.'s speech)

*Wanders back off the path again* (Action)

VinGoodman
2010-01-29, 01:41 PM
Arandur

Arandur arrives, just in time to see a human female wandering off. He watches with interest, and wonders what she is up to. Hmm, where is Eetu? I'm sure he'd be here by now.

vollmond
2010-01-29, 03:07 PM
Eetu

Eetu silently steps up behind Arandur's shoulder. "Arandur," he says by way of greeting, stepping into view. He has an apple in his hands, and begins slicing it up with his dagger, eating the slices as he goes. He offers a slice to his brother.

FirebirdFlying
2010-01-29, 03:27 PM
Bel

The barking can be heard before the three dogs come hurtling through the jungle, nimbly jumping rocks and roots before skidding to a halt just barely before Dee. "Jallyc! Farri! Erin! Come!" The young man comes running up behind them, breathing heavily, and gives Dee a quick bow and a smile. "My apologies, they've been cooped up rather too much lately, they're restless…"

VinGoodman
2010-01-29, 03:39 PM
Arandur

"I figured you'd be here already, Eetu. Thanks." Arandur takes the slice of apple for a morning snack, and then points at the ruckus up ahead. "If they're with us, it looks like this trip will be anything but peaceful and quiet. Have you seen Rajaat?"

vollmond
2010-01-29, 03:55 PM
"I would hope that our compatriot can occasionally exercise some control over them," Eetu says quietly, though there's a twinkle in his eye. He finds it difficult to be critical of a happy dog, let alone three of them.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-01-29, 04:05 PM
*Almost Completly ignores the young man, Stretches out her hand, wanting to pet the doggies* (Action)

But what if they'll bite me... (Tought)

*Dee Switches hands and stretches out her Gauntleted hand instead.*

Hope they wont. The poor doggie might break his teeth. :smallsmile: (Tought)

"oh dont worry, i dont mind" (Speech)

*makes new attempt to pet doggie* (Action)

VinGoodman
2010-01-29, 04:24 PM
Arandur

"You know Eetu, I still don't know what possessed you to come to Medgard in the first place." He pauses and looks around, and fragments of memories from these past 30 years rise in response to his mind's aimless calling. "But, I am really glad you did. Now, let's see what we can do for our home today." With that, he starts walking along the edge of the clearing, peering in occasionally into the woods and wondering what lies ahead this day.

FirebirdFlying
2010-01-29, 04:42 PM
Bel

The dogs enthusiastically sniff Dee's hand, quite happily allowing themselves to be stroked. "They like you, there's a good sign. That one there, the one trying to smell your face - they do that, it's part of their greeting - he's Farri, and the other brown one there I call Jallyc. And this is Erin.

"So, are you here for fun, or have you also been summoned?"

Angelic_Dawn
2010-01-29, 04:54 PM
*for a moment she thinks, while Petting the doggies*

"Both i hope"

*she says as she looks up hopefull to bel and smiles*

*then her mind wanders again as she starts petting the doggies some more*

oooh so they summond animals too, wonder if there'll be any spiders..

FirebirdFlying
2010-01-29, 05:02 PM
Bel

"Both! Well, then. May I ask your name? I'm Bel."

Angelic_Dawn
2010-01-29, 05:14 PM
Lil D.

"Hi Bel, Ofcourse you can ask :smallsmile:"

"Dee i think"

"What did you do wrong to have been asked to be here?"

FirebirdFlying
2010-01-29, 05:49 PM
Bel

"Didn't do anything wrong. I think… Waitaminnit, you think your name's Dee?"

Angelic_Dawn
2010-01-29, 06:05 PM
hm..m. *Nods*

"Think thats what my daddy used to call me,"

*becomes slightly mumbly and its almost as if she's talking to herself.*

"its been a while, but thats how it works isnt it?..
when your young and they call you something thats your name right?"

*mumbels some more, a bit less intelligable*

"Still i'll ask him when i find him to be sure,
Wonder where he is.."

*mumbels some more, now completly un-intelligable*
"________"

vollmond
2010-01-29, 06:16 PM
Eetu

Breaking a trail ration into three pieces, Eetu approaches the humans. "Hello. I am Eetu, and my brother Arandur is waiting at the Hall," he says, squatting down and feeding a piece to each dog. Looking up at the woman, he asks, "I overheard you asking our friend what he had done wrong to be sent here; is this a punishment for you?"

freebiewitz
2010-01-29, 06:36 PM
*Been shadowing Dee for awhile.*

"Stupid... girl...." Thought Ealiss

*Sitting over to the side of the path feeling annoyed.*

"Maaaaan why I am I even here?"

*Looks at Dee very annoyed.*

"Yeah, she's here for punishment like me, bleh."

Todasmile
2010-01-29, 06:40 PM
Jared Eternalsteppe, Halfling Cleric of Fharlanghn

Jared enters the clearing, having gotten distracted by a few wrong turns.

And you call yourself a cleric of Fharlanghn! You should be ashamed, getting lost like that. He glances around the clearing quickly, hoping that he isn't too late. The place is already starting to fill up with people, but the Lieutenant doesn't seem to be there... so it must be fine. He does notice a human male with a few dogs though...

"Fharlanghn, let it be a Ranger... I beg of thee..." he mutters to his deity.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-01-29, 06:44 PM
Lil D.

*in response to Eetu*
Oh so that was the hall..

"Yeah i think there is a rule against drinking a lot..
and probaly one against people that point a weapon at people that drink a lot too... i think.. "

*Notices, and looks confused at Eallis*
"Have you been sitting there all this time?"

freebiewitz
2010-01-29, 06:49 PM
Don't be daft, course I have, it's what I do. I'm surprised the dogs didn't find me first.

*Sighs and pulls out a lock and tries to lock pick it.*

*Easily does it and relocks, unlock, relock, unlock.......*

VinGoodman
2010-01-29, 08:12 PM
Arandur

Arandur, wandering near the group as he sees the Eetu joining the group and mingling. He pauses a short distance away and observe the motley group. Of all the times to run with such strangeness...to think I thought I saw the last of that back in the war days. He shakes his head, almost in amusement. Let's see...three dogs seems much but likely a druid or another ranger. The girl...no clue there. Oho, what's this, nimble hands, it appears. Arandur steps forward toward joining the group. Pausing closely enough to speak to Ealiss without drawing attention to the conversation, he offers up a greeting. "Nifty trick there. I wouldn't let Rajaat catch you doing that, though. He may get strange ideas."

Todasmile
2010-01-29, 09:47 PM

Jared walks around a bit, before working up his courage and striding over to the now-large group.

"Hello, my friends! I am Jared Eternalsteppe, a Cleric of Fharlanghn. Would you be so kind as to grace me with your names? He exclaimed politely, all while staring directly at the one with the dogs.

VinGoodman
2010-01-29, 09:54 PM
"Hello there. Name's Arandur. I have always respected The Dweller on the Horizon. I hope you will guide us well in our travels this day." With that, he takes one slight step back and bows slightly in respect.

Todasmile
2010-01-29, 10:03 PM
"Well met, Arandor! Though, hopefully our travels shall not be fraught with danger." He allowed himself a quick sigh. "Though mine always seem to be. Regardless, here I am.

He said this politely, and looked Arandor in the eyes as he did, but always his sight was focused on the man with the dogs.

FirebirdFlying
2010-01-29, 10:04 PM
Bel

As Dee trailed away into muttering, Bel blinked and smiled politely. Well, she's a bit odd. Though I guess I shouldn't talk…

Jared's scrutiny of him does not go unnoticed. "Name's Bel, and these are Erin, Jallyc, and Farri. Fharlanghn, eh? Do you travel much, then?"

Todasmile
2010-01-29, 10:13 PM

"...Good day, Bel! And hello to your little companions too! Why, yes; in my time as a cleric, I have traveled farther than the average halfling. Although, I have never traveled as far as most adventurers, or the more devout. Alas, I am simply too cowardly to travel to the more harsh lands..."

This time, his eyes were dancing about Bel's person, looking for any sort of signs...

VinGoodman
2010-01-29, 10:23 PM
"Bel. Arandur here. Pleased to meet you and your companions here."

vollmond
2010-01-29, 10:25 PM
Eetu

Eetu slowly stands and turns to greet the newcomer. "Any land can be harsh if you allow it; yet there is always someone who has made it his home. Welcome, I am Eetu."

Todasmile
2010-01-29, 10:33 PM

Jared blinked. He was becoming overwhelmed. This wasn't good...

"Your words are wise, Eetu, but that does not mean that one such as I could survive there. However, I'm sure that a senior member of the clergy would have no problems.

Bel didn't seem to wear any metal on him... wasn't there something about Druids and metal? No, that proved nothing; a ranger must favor lighter hide armor as well, right?

Angelic_Dawn
2010-01-29, 10:55 PM
lil D.

*D becoming a bit overwhelmed, decided to be quiet and stand back a bit, needing a moment to adjust.*

That lil person also seemed to be a bit edgy
Dee Couldnt disagree. to many new people at once. she tought.

Still they seem like a friendly bunch.

vollmond
2010-01-30, 12:15 AM
Eetu, Elven Ranger

Having fulfilled his social duty to greet each new arrival, Eetu takes a long glance up and down the path, then finds a nearby tree to squat down and lean against. He pulls out his whetstone and begins to quietly and unobtrusively sharpen his dagger, alternately watching the crowd and the trail.

KingRexII
2010-01-30, 12:50 AM
Rajaat materializes from thin air next to Eetu. "I do not think you will find me coming up the lane, Eetu, but I commend your diligence."

A gnome, every inch a soldier, comes striding from Eetu's side into the middle of the group. "I am First Lieutenant Rajaat, which is how you will address me." He wears a triangular hat, which bobs up and down as he speaks with a great deal of pomp and circumstance.

"I have been watching you all ever since the first of you arrived, and I must say that I am surprised that untrained rabble like you could have ever thwarted some of the most devious enemies Palmero has ever faced." He sticks his right hand in between two of his shirt's buttons and begins to pace back and forth. He doesn't really look at anyone, but rather he speaks into the air, assuming that others will listen. "Nonetheless, our sovereign has tasked me to lead you in a most important mission. There are suspicions that pocket cells of our enemies still linger close to many of our cities. Looks like they cannot accept that the war is over and that we won. These desperate brigands aim to rain down as much death and destruction upon our citizens before they are inevitably captured. Already, we were too late at Sartez City where a quarter of the populace was killed, along with the ones responsible for the crime. We cannot fail again."

He stops moving and earnestly looks to each of the six gathered there. "Whether by force," -- he looks at certain people -- "or by valor, we will see to it that Medgard does not suffer the same fate."

VinGoodman
2010-01-30, 01:10 AM
Arandur's face pales slightly at the news of what happened at Sartez City. He stands, now at fully attention, waiting for Rajaat to continue. This does not sound like the minor skirmishes of the recent past. They are now facing opposition with desperation behind their actions, and that makes for danger.

vollmond
2010-01-30, 01:41 AM
Eetu, Elven Ranger

Eetu remains in his position at eye-level with the gnome during his opening speech, running his thumb along his blade. Satisfied with its keen edge, he stows the dagger and whetstone, then stands up. "Has the King seen fit as well to send men and swords to lend to this cause? The jungle is not insignificant; there are many places such a band might remain hidden for months."

Todasmile
2010-01-30, 01:54 AM

Jared's eyes widened at the amount of dead. In his time healing the wounded, he had seen plenty die, but not on this scale. Anyone who could throw away life so recklessly was indeed a monster- though would they not be doing the same on this job?

He sent out a prayer to his deity (Something along the lines of an old man meeting a young adventurer on a bridge over a stream) on behalf of the dead.

freebiewitz
2010-01-30, 02:54 AM
*Puts away his tools*

"Thanks for the advice mate. Bloody ashes another cleric?"

*Mumbles.*

-After the gnome teleports in-

"Bloody blood and ashes! What do expect us to do? We're not even BLOODY SOLDIERS! Hell ma pa's not even one! HELL you even expect someone like D to do soldier work? Hell I can't do soldier work! Killing is not my forte!

Angelic_Dawn
2010-01-30, 03:30 AM
Lil D.

*Still quiet in the back, her face becomes a bit pale*

but but.. im no soldier she mumbles quietly.

*as she is Standing there in blood stained heavy plate leaning on a big weapon.. *

freebiewitz
2010-01-30, 03:46 AM
"Bloody ashes! Ya see what I mean?"

*Stands up somewhat angry*

"Unless we're going out there on some sort of scouting mission we won't last two seconds! If a town gets a quarter of its people killed how long do you think we'll last?"

VinGoodman
2010-01-30, 09:06 AM
Arandur
Arandur shakes his head in disbelief. Thirty years now, and there are still the likes of these. Have they not gone out once these past thirty years to help fend off the incursion? "With a group like this...this could be the death of me," he mutters under his breath, and moves to stand by Eetu and face Rajaat. He then continues to stand at attention, and waits for Rajaat to proceed.

FirebirdFlying
2010-01-30, 09:20 AM
Bel

"I'm sure First Lieutenant Rajaat has a plan. Otherwise it would sound rather as if he were sending able defenders of this island - sorry, untrained rabble - in small groups to be slaughtered. Which I'm sure is not the case. Sir."

KingRexII
2010-01-30, 09:59 AM
Rajaat assuages the group's concerns. "The war... has not been good to our numbers. They have no more troops to spare for this mission."

The gnome puffs his chest again, attempting to give off an air of confidence. "Do not fear, however. First, we will not and should not attempt to engage any of their forces if we encounter them." He pulls out a small statue of bird. "Once we find them, we are to activate this. It will turn into a bird and directly relay our position and message to the General Grom. She will send more troops when she deems it necessary.

"Second, we are hoping that this island is safe as only a relative small skirmish was fought here. We hope they didn't care enough to target Medgard.

"Finally, you'll have my guiding hand to aid you in this task. My expert leadership will not steer you wrongly."

Rajaat claps his hands together. "Now, we have work to do." He looks shrewdly at the six, as if his next question will be more of a test rather than an honest request. "As you are more familiar with Medgard, do you have any suggestion on how to proceed next?"

VinGoodman
2010-01-30, 11:00 AM
Arandur

"My brother Eetu is rather familiar with the lay of the woods, and we have a follower of The Dweller on The Horizon with us, who can surely guide us in our travels. If you have any leads on their last known locations, perhaps we can start there and see if we can find signs of directions of retreat."

Arandure pauses for a moment to gather his thoughts. "I have not been privy to the intelligence of the war efforts. Do we have any information regarding their bases of operations during these past thirty years? I know they have come by sea, naturally, and fortuanately we have repelled most of those incursions. Have they ever succeeded in establishing a base, however temporary, somewhere here?"

VinGoodman
2010-01-30, 11:09 AM
Arandur

Pausing to take a breath, he catches himself in the midst of all his ramblings. He bows his head slightly. "We are at your service. What are your directions?"

FirebirdFlying
2010-01-30, 02:25 PM
Bel

"Indeed. I leave it up to your expert leadership, First Lieutenant Rajaat."

vollmond
2010-01-30, 09:30 PM
Eetu

"If we can be placed in the vicinity of these brigands, I have little doubt that we can find them. My questions are, to my expected companions: Are you prepared for an expedition into the jungle, either as a group or split into pairs? And for you, my lord, are you prepared to allow we who have the most knowledge of this island to use that knowledge as we see fit; to allow us the freedom to do things in the best way? I have little use for leadership for appearance's sake."

VinGoodman
2010-01-30, 09:50 PM
Arandur fidgets a little, as if he has something to add. But, he manages to choke the words down and keeps his attention on Rajaat, while giving Eetu a slight elbow to try to quiet him down.

vollmond
2010-01-30, 10:06 PM
Eetu

Eetu doesn't respond to Arandur's poke, though he also doesn't say anything more, instead standing quietly to hear the rest of the conversation.

KingRexII
2010-01-31, 12:53 AM
Rajaat first answers Arandur's questions: "Truthfully, we were caught unawares when they attacked Medgard. There really is no reason for their arrival here. In order for any of their ships to sail here, they must either traverse through the Tibor River, which flows directly through our capital, or they must sail at least a year past the Cape of Tears, where they must have sustain severe casualties. Even if they were successful in capturing Medgard, there are few natural resources of the kind they need to recoup their loses and mount an attack on the mainland."

"As for a base, no. We believed that you were able to destroy every last ship. As a result, we have no current leads to where they could reside, if they are still here. Surviving the jungle is not what I am worried about; it is the size of the jungle that bothers me. It would take much too long to explore the entire island."

"Eetu, you... are quite bold in your words -- a quality I find is necessary in a leader..." Rajaat moves uncomfortable close to the elf. "However, I will be the one to determine what the best course of action is." He backs off a little. "... but my decisions shall be heavily influenced by your knowledge. We will fail miserably if we cannot act under the same banner." He looks again toward the group. "It will be up to you to provide me the information I need to steer our course." The gnome waits a little for more responses from the six before continuing.

freebiewitz
2010-01-31, 04:37 AM
"The only way I can see myself surviving against those guys is if they think we're one of them."

*Still somewhat angry if calming down.*

"I meen, I guess I can find information on them, given enough time."

*Starts to think what advantage they would get if they took Medgard."

Todasmile
2010-01-31, 08:01 PM

Jared stepped forward slightly. "I'm afraid that I have next to no knowledge of Medgard, as I had only just arrived from the mainland when I was snapped up in all of this war business. However, as a Cleric of Fharlanghn, I am well versed in the ways of survival, and can most likely survive just as well as, if not better than, a newer Druid in these woods. I am also a relatively good tracker, though I'm sure that a Ranger would have no troubles tracking more efficiently than me."

Todasmile
2010-01-31, 11:56 PM
Actually, if I may, I'd like to make a Knowledge (Geography) check, to see if I've learned anything at all about the island since I got here, somehow.

KingRexII
2010-02-01, 11:23 AM
Rajaat nods approvingly at Eallis's suggestion. "Yes, infiltration might work. Their journey here must have decimated their numbers. They could very well be recruiting those who have no loyalty to Palmero. Still, we must first find them."

The gnome starts to look a little uncomfortable in the noonday sun as lays out his plans. "First, we must gather as much information as we can. If they are doing anything on this island, there presence must be felt somewhere somehow. They need food, money, manpower and possibly special spell components. While I contact your governor and local guard, each of you must reach out -- to the wizards' schools, to the thieves' guilds, to those living outside the city, to the creatures of land -- whoever will talk. Jared, although you may be new here, there is no traveller that does not respect a cleric of the Dweller. They may know something going outside of the island that may be pertinent."

Rajaat begins to walk toward the exit of Nature's Hall. "Report back to me tomorrow morning. I have set up my operations at--" Rajaat stops suddenly, his confident face dropping into a dark realization. He clutches his armor above his heart, and his words start to come up is gasps. "The Canatians... they-- must-- be-- here." He falls to his knees. "Find-- them--" he blurts out before falling over.

Please roll a Spot and Listen check as well as any reactions from your characters. Usually these rolls are done secretly, but it is a good example of opposed checks, which I will talk about more in the OOC thread.

Oh, Canatians are the enemy. Just to clarify as it wasn't obvious from the post.

VinGoodman
2010-02-01, 12:03 PM
Arandur pulls out his longbow, and looks frantically about him for signs of where the attack may have come from. "Eetu! Do you see anything!"

Spot 1d20+5 / Listen 1d20+3

VinGoodman
2010-02-01, 12:06 PM
Let's try again:

Spot [roll0] and Listen [roll1]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-02-01, 12:10 PM
Lil Miss Oblivious.

*pokes the dead gnome*

"sir are you ok?"

"you look a bit pale.."

*shakes the dead gnome*

"mister?" :smallfrown:

Included For completeness,
tho i doubt ill get anything usefull from either check :smallwink:

Lil Miss Oblivious.

Spot - (1d20+2)[12]
Listen - (1d20+2)[13]

Heal - (1d20+2)[9]

as in.. i probaly have no clue what so ever about what im doing.
and dont even know if its dead or alive.

The gnome doesnt seem to respond a lot tho.
still im trying my best.

VinGoodman
2010-02-01, 12:21 PM
To D
Don't forget your spot and listen rolls. The DM may need those for mechanical reasons even if you choose to forgo any advantage you may have from noticing something if the rolls succeeded.

VinGoodman
2010-02-01, 12:24 PM
Arandur

Shouting at the female figure leaning over the gnome, "You there! Is he dead? Can you stabilize him? Find the wound and bandage it or something!"

vollmond
2010-02-01, 12:25 PM
Eetu

Eetu drops to one knee between the group and the forest, in the direction the gnome had been facing. His bow is suddenly in his hands, with an arrow drawn and nocked, his sharp eyes scanning the forest edge.

If possible, I want to be directly between the threat and the part of the group where Rajaat and D are. Rolls are in the rolling thread, though I'll copy them here:

Spot - (1d20+7)[26]
Listen - (1d20+8)[23]

Note: both of these are +2 more if I'm looking for an animal.

KingRexII
2010-02-01, 05:59 PM
@Angelic_Dawn:

as in.. i probaly have no clue what so ever about what im doing.
and dont even know if its dead or alive.

You're doing just fine. :smallsmile: Checking the gnome, you find that he's not quite dead yet.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-02-01, 06:13 PM
Tyvm King.

Dark lil Dee.

@ Arandur
"He's not quite dead yet, And if its up to me, he wont be for a long time"

*With Those words a Touch and a Briliant Flash of blue light*

Hopefully...

Cure minor Wounds to Stabilize.
(tought i read it somewhere that works)
Edit: tryed to look it up Cant find it, and minor doesnt have a roll. ><.
(Especialy not one with d20's)
If it doesnt work ill toss a bigger heal on the lil fellow instead.

Edit2: actualy make it a big heal regardless,
(as much/many as are required to get him up on his feet again)

just cant roll it right now, interwebs died. And cant find the code to copy paste from by phone
(so it'll have to wait. As i dont know it from memory yet,
newbie and all ey ;). )

Todasmile
2010-02-01, 06:35 PM

Jared's eyes widened when he saw the lieutenant fall. Sure, he had seen people die before, but it was nonetheless a shock.

"He's not quite dead yet, And if its up to me, he wont be for a long time"
Jared's heart slowed at those words, and, seeing that the one who had spoken them- a Cleric, by the looks of it- healing the gnome, Jared searched around for the source of the attacks, wide eyed.

[roll0]
[roll1]

And what felled the lieutenant? Is there any sign of a dart, or an arrow? Maybe a spell? Just in case: [roll2]

The SRD says that if I can see the effects of the spell, there is a DC of 20+the spell level to find out which spell did it.

FirebirdFlying
2010-02-01, 08:31 PM
Bel

Bel becomes immediately alert when Rajaat keels over, his face betraying slight shock. "Erin," he nods over to the inert gnome being tended by Dee, and the dog pads over to keep watch. Bel himself walks over to the exit of Nature's Hall, eyes scanning for anything amiss.

She's on Defend, guarding Rajaat and Dee. The other dogs are without instruction. I figure they'll just follow Bel or Erin for the time being.

KingRexII
2010-02-01, 11:28 PM
[OOC:

All right, I almost have everything ready. Just need freebie's spot, listen and actions. For the time being, here's a map (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tYkC61eMHLQkokKlXXqgQrw&output=html) to make you feel paranoid. Pick a position for you and yours.
]

Todasmile
2010-02-01, 11:44 PM
Jared would be around G9... yeah, that's about right.

vollmond
2010-02-02, 12:32 AM
Re-posting this now that the map is up. I want to be between Raj/D and the forest, in whatever direction Raj was facing before he clutched his chest

VinGoodman
2010-02-02, 12:42 AM
Arandur is likely around M11

freebiewitz
2010-02-02, 03:10 AM
Ealiss Ilae, Son of Ealiaya and Solroth Ilae.

"What the bloody hell?"

-Pulls out a dagger-

"Bloody BURNT ASHES! YOU BLOODY GITS BETTER *&$^*&%#%*&%ing SHOW YOURSELVES!"

-Runs over near D and the gnome then takes a defensive stance-

"C'mon what are ya? COWARDS? I BET I CAN TAKE YA ALL ON!"

Ealiss runs to H6

First spot
(1d20-1)[19]

Then listen
(1d20-1)[14]

Bluff check for the "Cowards" bit

(1d20+6)[18]

His low wisdom makes him bluff at a time like this.
Also he readies a full round defense I think it's called? The one that gives you +4 dodge ac

Angelic_Dawn
2010-02-02, 06:43 AM
Dark lil D.

*A second Flash follows shortly after the first.
After which she Firmly grips her weapon in one hand,
the other drawing a javelin as she stands up,
her eyes Calmly Scanning the forest*

Sorry for the delay.

Assuming he's Breathing and able to stand on his own now..

Cure light Wounds - (1d8+1)[2]
And Optionaly
If he isnt standing by then due to that roll yet because possibly it is a lousy one.
And apperantly it was.

So at this moment If needed Add another Cure and Stand up, As written above.
Cure light Wounds - (1d8+1)[7]

Which'd place me somewhere around F6 i suppose.

Todasmile
2010-02-02, 10:57 AM

Jared hissed at the shouting one.

"Calm yourself, friend! They may be here in more force than we realize! I understand your anger, but now is not the time to be incautious!

He continued to keep his eyes open, drawing his javelin as he did.

KingRexII
2010-02-02, 11:32 AM
While D attempts to get the gnome back on his feet, her efforts don't seem to have any affect. He seems to be stable and breathing, but Rajaat is still out for the count. Only time will tell if she will be able to revive him.

Meanwhile, the others prepare for an attack. One of Bel's dogs, Jallyc, begins to bark toward the west end [left side of the map] of Nature's Hall. Others seem to be able to sense something too...

@freebiewitz (Eallis), FirebirdFlying (Bel):

Both the thief and the druid spot and hear a human skulking in the trees in the west. He holds dagger in his hands. They also see another human with a bow and arrow in the trees to the south.

@vollmond (Eetu):

Eetu's expert eyes and ears spot and hear the human holding a dagger and hiding in the trees to the west. He also sees another human holding a bow and arrow in the trees to the south.

He also sees another suspicious humanoid in the far east of Nature's Hall. The distance is too far to make out any details.

@Todasmile (Jared):

Jared clearly hears something moving in the trees to the west, toward the direction Bel's dog is barking.

Unfortunately, spellcraft is another one of skills that can only be used if you've put at least one rank in it. In fact, all skills that have 'Trained only' are the same way. Your character is considered untrained until there is at least one rank in that skill.

@VinGoodman (Arandur):

Arandur does not hear anything, but he does see the dagger-holding human in the trees to the west. In the trees to south, he sees another human with a bow and arrow.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-02-02, 11:36 AM
*Makes spellcraft Check*

[roll0]

KingRexII
2010-02-02, 11:38 AM
@Angelic_Dawn:

*Makes spellcraft Check*

[roll0]

What's the check for?

Angelic_Dawn
2010-02-02, 11:41 AM
i had Forgot to add that the above bit.

From now on Always makeing passive Spellcraft & Diplomacy checks. if/when ever allowed.

As im planning to stuff all my ranks into those two skills.

It just comes natural. :smallsmile:

Edit:oh sorry its to check if its magical (and what kind) what happend to my lil gnomy fellow.

KingRexII
2010-02-02, 11:44 AM
@Angelic_Dawn:

Edit:oh sorry its to check if its what happend to my lil gnomy fellow.

Whatever it is that's affecting him, D cannot tell if it's magic related.

VinGoodman
2010-02-02, 11:45 AM
Arandur calls out "West and South!", as he lets an arrow fly southward.

Attack [roll0]
Crit check, if necessary [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

He assess how far they are from him, and looks around quickly for possible covers and additional threats.

vollmond
2010-02-02, 12:04 PM
Eetu

Eetu releases his arrow into the trees to the west.

[roll0]
[roll1]

@kingrexHow far away is the one to the east? Within the clearing, or way out in the woods? The answer decides whether I stand up to move that direction or not. Also, should we all have rolled init before attacking?

KingRexII
2010-02-02, 12:13 PM
@vollmond:

How far away is the one to the east? Within the clearing, or way out in the woods? The answer decides whether I stand up to move that direction or not. Also, should we all have rolled init before attacking?

The humanoid is in the woods, next to the clearing.
As for init, please see the OOC thread.

VinGoodman
2010-02-02, 12:41 PM
Arandur
Initiative: [roll0]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-02-02, 01:03 PM
Dark lil D.

[roll0]

FirebirdFlying
2010-02-02, 02:55 PM
Bel

When he spots the man to the west, he slowly draws a dagger of his own, standing wary.

Init:

[roll0]
Dya want the animal's on my init, or their own?
If their own:
E: [roll1]
J: [roll2]
F: [roll3]

KingRexII
2010-02-02, 05:00 PM
[OOC (for all):

The surprise round order is thus:
Bel - 22
Jared - 18
Eetu - 15
Arandur - 15
First hidden foe - 15
Second hidden foe - 9
Ealiss - 6

fw (Ealiss) and TM (Jasper) need to roll initiative.

Once I have all the surprise round actions, I'll push on.

The first round's order will be thus:
D - 23
Bel - 22
Jasper - 18
Eetu - 15
Arandur - 15
First hidden foe - 15
Second hidden foe - 9
Ealiss - 6

(The number after the name is the character's initiative.)

The current map is here (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tYkC61eMHLQkokKlXXqgQrw&output=html).
]

VinGoodman
2010-02-02, 05:28 PM
[OOC (for all):

The surprise round order is thus:
Bel - 22
Eetu - 15
Arandur - 15
First hidden foe - 15
Second hidden foe - 9
(Ealiss)
(Jasper)

fw (Ealiss) and TM (Jasper) need to roll initiative.

Once I have all the surprise round actions, I'll push on.

The first round's order will be thus:
D - 23
Bel - 22
Eetu - 15
Arandur - 15
First hidden foe - 15
Second hidden foe - 9
(Ealiss)
(Jasper)

(The number after the name is the character's initiative.)

The current map is here (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tYkC61eMHLQkokKlXXqgQrw&output=html).
]

@DM
Now that I've seen the placements, Arandur would not have wandered so far from the group. He's more likely around I8 or J8 (or somewhere near there).

KingRexII
2010-02-02, 05:33 PM
@VinGoodman:

Now that I've seen the placements, Arandur would not have wandered so far from the group. He's more likely around I8 or J8 (or somewhere near there).

Arandur has moved to I8.

Todasmile
2010-02-02, 06:28 PM
OOC:
Ugh. Okay then...

Total Defense assumed.

Jared turned his attention to the west. He put up his guard, just in case...

freebiewitz
2010-02-02, 08:16 PM
"GOTCHA YA BLOODY *&%$!"

Spinning around Ealiss throws his dagger at the closest enemy he can see.

Initiative
(1d20+2)[6]

Attack throwing dagger
(1d20+3)[23]

HAHA NATURAL 20!

Damage if done
(1d4+2)[4]

Sneak attack damage if bluff was successful
(1d6)[1]

KingRexII
2010-02-02, 10:52 PM
[Surprise Round]

While Bel and Jared act cautiously and prepare for the worst, the elven brothers spring into action, one shooting an arrow south, the other shooting an arrow west. The southward one thwonks harmlessly against a tree. The westward one (shot by Eetu) is accompanied with an "Aaahh!" A form now visible to the rest begins to stumble away from everyone further west and south into the jungle. An arrow sticks out from his back.

Meanwhile, the figure in the trees to the south begins to move now as well so that everyone else can notice him. It is a human with a bow in his hands. He moves westward, parallel to the clearing. Ealiss chucks a dagger at him, striking him right between the eyes. However, when the dagger passes through the human and a similar thwonk-against-tree sound follows, he realizes something is amiss. The figment disappears before everyone's eyes. [FYI - I rolled a will save for Ealiss, dispelling the illusion.]

[OOC:

End of surprise round. Round 1 actions, please. The initiative order is

D - 23
Bel - 22
Jared - 18
Eetu - 15
Arandur - 15
Crawling human - 15
??? - 9
Ealiss - 6

The funny and sad thing about Ealiss's hit (which was a natural twenty) was that the will save to dispel the illusion also came up as a natural twenty.
]

vollmond
2010-02-02, 11:52 PM
Eetu

"There is another!" Eetu shouts as he draws a second arrow and fires it deeper into the trees to the south.

[roll0]
[roll1]

If the 2nd one to the south has already been dealt with, Eetu will instead stand and begin moving after the person he shot to the west.

Todasmile
2010-02-03, 12:27 AM
Okay, so if I've gotten this correctly...

There was an illusion to the south. It is gone.

There was a man to the west. He is moving west and south. He is injured.

Eetu is shooting south, for some reason. I do not presume to know why. He may be shooting towards the man who is moving southwest.

If this is correct, here are my actions.

Jared let the one moving west go. He would be easy to catch up to later; he was injured, and wasn't covering his steps. So he turned his attention elsewhere.

Eetu was shooting something in the south, which Jared thought was strange; an illusion had just been there, apparently, and unless these were extremely tricky fighters, that meant that the caster was either:

A) The fleeing wounded man.
B) In the North.
or C) In the East.

Choosing the idea that the caster would try to remain in clear sight of his illusion, but far away, Jared turned his attention to the North.

Okay, Jared is looking North, and I'm using a Spot check to see if I missed anything there. If Spot checks are universal-ish, not requiring a direction, then that check counts for that then. It's in the dice roll thread.

freebiewitz
2010-02-03, 12:49 AM
-Ignores the injured man and goes to grab his dagger back before going back to the gnome and D-

"Oi ya bloody better well be alive ya hear?"

-Tries to search the body for whatever injured him. If he's poisened Ealiss pulls out a anti toxin vial-

Search for the whatever hurt him.
Also do a spot check in case search is the wrong skill to use.

Search
(1d20+7)[17]

Spot
(1d20-1)[2]

If Ealiss 'thinks' that he was poisened he'll use the vial

Angelic_Dawn
2010-02-03, 07:07 AM
Still very oblivious.

So.. i dont have to concoct any scripted actions, seeing im the first to act. hm.. well then.

(Thought)
Awsome throw. she hadnt expected that from the rogue.

(Speech)
@ Eallis who had shown intrest into the lil fellows well beeing earlyer.
"ok he seems to be alive and stable, there is nothing more i can do for him right now"

(Thoughts)
Odd that his target dissapeared tho, must've been an illusion.

her mind raced as she went over the situation.

We'll only one more as far as i can see.
And im sure Mr Deadeye. And Mr Crackshot here will take care of that before ill be even close.

hm.. we'll either have to split up to go after the injured man, Let him go,
or i will have to leave rajaat behind on his own in this incapactited state.

No it'd be better not to leave him behind.

hm.. for now ill look over it all again, maybe there is something or someone i missed.

(Double move action) Attempting to discern if there is something or someone she missed.

Spot - (1d20+2)[11]
Listen - (1d20+2)[19]

VinGoodman
2010-02-03, 10:40 AM
OOC (looking for clarification on sequence of events, all may look):
I'm trying to figure out how Arandur interpreted the events to the south woods - did (1) Eetu call out and fire into the woods in the south, and then Ealiss dispatched the illusion, or did (2) Ealiss dispatch the issue, and then Eetu called out the warning and fire into the south woods?

FirebirdFlying
2010-02-03, 03:25 PM
Bel

Bel directs Jallyc with a short word to hunt down the wounded man, then himself runs after as well. The dog gets there first, snapping at him.

Handle Animal: [roll0]
If it works (and I'm assuming the guy hasn't gotten very far away, but if it takes a double move for Jallyc to get there then that applies instead):
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Trip attempt: [roll3]

VinGoodman
2010-02-03, 04:30 PM
Arandur circles warily in the south-southwest direction, his eyes searching out possible enemies in the woods and his bow poised and ready to take that enemy down.

[ooc]Arandur uses a readied action to fire an arrow at anyone he would reasonably suspect to be an enemy, except the wounded one crawling await out in the west.

Spot/listen checks:

spot [roll0]
listen [roll1]

If he sees a target and fires:

attack roll: [roll2]
crit check: [roll3]
damage: [roll4]

vollmond
2010-02-03, 06:33 PM
OOC (looking for clarification on sequence of events, all may look):
I'm trying to figure out how Arandur interpreted the events to the south woods - did (1) Eetu call out and fire into the woods in the south, and then Ealiss dispatched the illusion, or did (2) Ealiss dispatch the issue, and then Eetu called out the warning and fire into the south woods?

I went back and reread to be sure: Ealliss dispelled the illusion during the surprise round, and then after that Eetu shouted and fired an arrow southward.

KingRexII
2010-02-04, 01:50 PM
[Round 1]

D looks around but does not see or hear anything out of the ordinary. Bel and Jallyc wade through the forest, using most of their energies getting to the shot human. When they arrive, he drops his dagger and holds his empty hands out. The arrow is causing profuse bleeding, and the man looks near death. "I-- I-- Don't kill me-- I'll give you-- you-- whatever you want..."

Jared attempts to see something he missed before, but still he senses nothing more. Eetu moves into the jungle where the injured man pleads for mercy. His brother keeps the watch, preparing himself for another attack. His watchful eyes and ears find nothing more to shoot at, though.

Until... another creature shows himself on the far east side of the jungle just past the edge of the clearing. It is of small stature and has the features of a halfling. Arundar immediately lets an arrow fly, but the trees make it difficult for the arrow to hit its mark. The halfling casts a spell, causing Ealiss, Arundar and Jared to feel... very tired, very suddenly. Only the strong-willed shall be able to resist the magic's effects.

EDIT: ...except that Arundar's elven construction allows him to ignore the effects of the spell!

[OOC:

End of round 1. If there was something I interpreted wrong, give me a holler!

@fw, VG, TM: Please roll a Will save for your characters (1d20 + {total will save mod}). The DC is 13. Rolling less than 13 means that your character lays down and falls asleep on the ground immediately. Rolling 13 or more means that nothing happens to your characters, but they do realize that something just happened to them. I will process Ealiss's actions if he does not fall asleep, but fw, you can change your actions given the new information.

Note: Awakening a sleeping creature is a standard action.

Round 2 actions, please.

Initiative order:
D - 23
Bel - 22
Jared - 18
Eetu - 15
Arandur - 15
Pleading human - 15
Halfling - 9
Ealiss - 6

Sorry for the delay. Work gets in the way of what's really important sometimes. :smalltongue:
]

vollmond
2010-02-04, 01:59 PM
@KingRex
D'oh. That arrow Eetu fired south was supposed to go east, to the "shadowy figure" he saw during the surprise round. For some reason I thought both the illusory bowman and the suspicious figure were to the south. I should probably learn to read.

edit: i can go with how you interpreted the round, or how Eetu intended to act. Up to you :smallsmile:

VinGoodman
2010-02-04, 02:24 PM
@DM

Arandur is an elf, immune to magic sleep effects. But, in case it's something different...

Will save [roll0]

I forgot to mention, there's a +2 if it's enchantment spells/effects I failed to include.

KingRexII
2010-02-04, 03:34 PM
@vollmond:

D'oh. That arrow Eetu fired south was supposed to go east, to the "shadowy figure" he saw during the surprise round. For some reason I thought both the illusory bowman and the suspicious figure were to the south. I should probably learn to read.

edit: i can go with how you interpreted the round, or how Eetu intended to act. Up to you :smallsmile:

Let's stick with what we have now. Partially my fault for not catching earlier, though... :smallredface:

@all:

Arandur is an elf, immune to magic sleep effects.
You are absolutely correct. Modified IC post to correct that.

freebiewitz
2010-02-04, 07:40 PM
Almost over the edge of consciousness from the spell Ealiss manages to pull away, his annoyance powering his will power.

Dropping the vial of anti-toxin before he could use it he stands up in a fit of rage.

"BLOODY ASHES!!!!! I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!!!!"

Runs towards the halfing readying his dagger.

"YOU'RE MINE!!!"

Ealiss should be at S6

Todasmile
2010-02-04, 07:43 PM
Stupid encumbrance penalties not letting me move fast... really should have bought a mule.

Jared could not see anything in the northern area but... wow, he felt sleepy... no, no, that made no sense. He had had breakfast, enough sleep, no real physical activity... that meant that the spellcaster must have been doing something, right? That meant that the other man wasn't the spellcaster. It was too bad that the others had killed him, really. Jared should have told them not to; the man could have been valuable somehow. Still, it was no use crying over spilled milk...

So the spellcaster wasn't north, nor south or west, which left east. After pondering a second, Jared decided that getting over there was the best thing to do, because from this distance, he could have mistaken a bear for his own mother... okay, maybe not.

Jared sprinted over to the east as fast as he could.

Okay, so Jared is going to Run over directly west; either 9 or 12 squares, depending if Small creatures can run 3x or 4x their speed. As far as he can, though.

If, of course, he's allowed to do that.

VinGoodman
2010-02-04, 10:15 PM
Alandur curses to himself. "Should have splurged for a better bow." He manuevers to the north, looking for a clear shot at the halfling to the east.

OOC
Alandur manuevers to the jungle spot L4, firing a shot before or after manuevering there, assuming he has a clear shot. If someone manages to get in his way to make neither point a possible point to fire off the shot at the halfling, he'll try manuevering southeast ward to get the open shot. If neither gives a shot, I'll need to study the map to see what he's likely to do.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-02-05, 10:04 AM
Less oblivious D.

Well dont think i there is a lot that still needs doing, Everyone running off in a chaotic manner all over the place chasing the last of the evil people.

Seems ill stick to not leaving the poor lil Defenceless gnome behind.
And some more looking around then i suppose.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: Well with me beeing able to notice the halfling,
& Ealiss looking over rajaat,

ill be making a run action instead towards the caster then.

losing my Dex to Ac and staying an extra 5ft between us two,
But considering i got a reach weapon and he's a caster, if he casts something ill get an AoO.

(So yes ill still make the run action)

vollmond
2010-02-05, 10:19 AM
Eetu

Seeing that the Druid had the injured man under control, Eetu moved to close the pincher maneuver begun by his brother and Jared, running southeast into the jungle.

Running should get Eetu just inside the jungle at R-24. If the spellcaster has already been disposed of before my turn, Eetu will instead stop near Dee and Rajaat again and stand guard there.

KingRexII
2010-02-05, 10:53 AM
[Round 1 corrections]

Ealiss, who just barely fought off the spells, finds that there is no indication of poison on the gnome, but he also knows that his search is cursory at best. It would be easy to miss something. [@fw - still give the antitoxin to Rajaat?]

[Round 2, beginning]

D looks around, but spots nothing more than the halfling that's slinging spells at their group.

[OOC:

Just processed one action while I have the time. The current initiative stands:

Bel - 22
Jared - 18 (running)
Eetu - 15 (running)
Arandur - 15 (move and shoot)
Pleading human - 15
Halfling - 9
Ealiss - 6
[EO Round 2]
D - 23

Updated map (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tYkC61eMHLQkokKlXXqgQrw&output=html).
]

Todasmile
2010-02-05, 10:57 AM
Ah, so the Halfling is visible to all? That helps.

KingRexII
2010-02-05, 11:11 AM
@all:

Ah, so the Halfling is visible to all? That helps.

Yes! Sorry that wasn't clear. Angelic_Dawn, you can change your action if you'd like, if you were working on that assumption that D could not see the halfling. Casting a spell usually gives your position away. From the chanting to the arm movements to the retrieving of spell components, it's difficult to fake spell casting. I don't think there's anything written in the rules about that (unless someone can find a nice link to the rule), but there are lots (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#eschewMaterials) of (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#silentSpell) feats (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#stillSpell) out there that can be used to conceal the act of someone casting, and there are even more outside of the core rules.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-02-05, 11:22 AM
@DM.

ill be taking you up on that option to change my action
considering i now know where an enemy is.

VinGoodman
2010-02-05, 12:09 PM
@Dm
From the map I couldn't tell if anyone could get there with a charge and melee engagement. Arandur doesn't want to be running, but wants to use the 30' worth of move to get to that little bit of concealment dangling up north. I think 30' just covers that. This all assumes, of course, that the two runners don't decide to end up right in my line of fire from either the starting or ending position. If they do, and I can get anywhere with 30' of move and fire off a clean shot, I'll do it. Otherwise, I need to see where everyone is before deciding what to do.

KingRexII
2010-02-05, 04:59 PM
@Angelic_Dawn:

ill be making a run action instead towards the caster then.

(if he isnt that far away a move and an attack action) (A Charge?)

Running, D can get to R5. Her base land speed is 20', and she's wearing medium armor, which bumps down her speed to 15'. Running in medium armor, which is a full-round action (meaning she can't also attack), means she can go 4x her speed. She losing her Dexterity bonus to AC until the beginning of your next turn, though. She can also do a double move to L5 and still retain her Dex bonus to AC. Shall D still run?

@VG:

From the map I couldn't tell if anyone could get there with a charge and melee engagement. Arandur doesn't want to be running, but wants to use the 30' worth of move to get to that little bit of concealment dangling up north. I think 30' just covers that. This all assumes, of course, that the two runners don't decide to end up right in my line of fire from either the starting or ending position. If they do, and I can get anywhere with 30' of move and fire off a clean shot, I'll do it. Otherwise, I need to see where everyone is before deciding what to do.

I used 'run' in the colloquial sense, not in the technical sense. You're right -- no one can charge and attack, but some can run to right next to the halfling. I'll follow your instructions as best as I can. If something comes up, I'll stop there and ask for your input for further instructions.

FirebirdFlying
2010-02-07, 06:15 PM
Bel

Bel comes around behind the man, leaving him looking into Jallyc's jaws. "Just cooperate, and you'll go away free. I've a friend over there who can heal you right up, just so long as you stay quiet. Alright?" He retrieves a length of rope from his pack as, with a nod from Bel, Jallyc stands guard.

Alrighty guys, this takes a minute; I could have just knocked him out, but the poor guy surrendered. Yeah. Just hope he doesn't bleed out before stabilizing.

KingRexII
2010-02-11, 07:29 PM
[Round 2]

While D, Jared and Eetu run toward the halfling, the druid begins to tie up their prisoner. "You... don't really need to tie me up... I'm not going anywhere." He lifts up the hand that's covering up the arrow wound. It has shot clean through his leg, and it doesn't seem like he can really move very quickly. "Just take my things and let me go," he says pleadingly.

Arandur takes a shot at the halfling, but the arrow is lost to the forest, missing its mark. The halfling begins to laugh before starting to cast another spell. He concentrates on making sure that D's polearm can't get in a clean swing. A misty cloud begins to emanate from his laughing mouth, quickly spreading to engulf D and hiding her from the others' vision. "Try to find me now!" he taunts as he rustles through the foliage.

Bolting and cursing at the halfling, Ealiss arrives in time to reach the edge of the cloud that has formed around his quarry.

[OOC:

End of Round 2. Round 3 actions, please.
Note that no one can see where D or the halfling are now.

Initiative order:
D - 23
Bel - 22
Jared - 18
Eetu - 15
Arandur - 15
Disabled human - 15
Halfling - 9
Ealiss - 6

Updated map (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tYkC61eMHLQkokKlXXqgQrw&output=html).
]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-02-12, 04:34 AM
Oi, He's stealing my tactic/Plan for if things go bad :smallwink:

(Toughts)
"Taking him up on that challange"

"he cant be that far away yet"

(Actions)
5ft Step Towards W7 (so into W6). (His last known location)
And hope "i locate him"/"he isnt that far away yet", if i do, Hit with Whacking Stick. (Guisarme) (Or if he's to close for that, Whack with Gauntlet.)

If i dont see him when im in w6 yet,, Move into to W7. (With another 5ft step)

VinGoodman
2010-02-12, 08:43 AM
Arandur

"Ealiss! Jared! Go around the mist to the far side and keep him from getting deeper into the forest! Let's flush him out into the clearing!"

OOC
If Ealiss and Jared listened and moved around, then Arandur readies himself to fire at the halfling if he sees him come out of the mist. If they did not move into the forest, then Arandur runs into the forest and round to the far side of the mist, drawing his rapier as he does so.

freebiewitz
2010-02-12, 09:34 AM
"D GET OUTTA THERE!!!" Ignores everyone else. "YOU BLOODY HALFLING!"

Runs in blindly with his daggers ready to slash the nearest thing.

Ealiss Ilae Charges to Z7, anything in his way he tries to hit with his daggers.

Attack roll with charge
(1d20+3)[14]

Damage if hit
(1d4+1)[2]

Concealment for the attack if he does try to attack
(1d100)[22]

vollmond
2010-02-12, 05:18 PM
Eetu

On seeing the mist, Eetu swears lightly under his breath, then lopes toward the eastern edge of the clearing.

Double move to V15

VinGoodman
2010-02-12, 05:35 PM
Cursing Ealiss for being so rash, Arandur moves to attempt to intercept the halfling in case he moves north.

Arandur double moves to W2 or V2 or V3 (that last step is tricky because it's just at the boundary of what I can get to for a double move and given the conditions, I listed the 3 desired squares, in order of preference - feel free to stick me on any of those, and I'd be curious as to the rationale just so I'd understand the ruling for future reference).

Todasmile
2010-02-12, 06:25 PM
Jared, hearing the instructions, moved to intercept the Halfling in case it tried to move south.

Double move action to X8.

Also, as of tomorrow, I will be leaving for a week on vacation. As such, this will most likely be my last post before then.

FirebirdFlying
2010-02-12, 06:43 PM
Bel

Upon hearing the yelling from his apparent allies, Bel looks up. "Fine. But you're not going anywhere, yet. I'm not about to let a man go running off into the jungle wounded and bleeding to death without reason. Jallyc!" He turns back to the man. "He won't let you run. Believe me. Best not to try."

He then stands, shouting out to Erin, who lopes off toward the cloud of fog.

#2 (she's off to find and attack the halfling, but if the finding requires more difficult instructions, I'm going to roll): [roll1]

KingRexII
2010-02-13, 09:49 AM
[Round 3]

While Bel commands Erin into the fog, he stops trying to tie up the human. He looks surprised by this: "You're... not from the guild, are you? None of Lark's men would be so lenient." While the elven brothers move into flanking positions, Jared and Ealiss bound into the unknown.

In the fog... (@Angelic_Dawn, Todasmile, freebiewitz)

D creeps carefully in the fog. The halfling's ugly head pops out from behind a tree, and instinctively, she punches at it with her gauntlet. He ducks under a bush in time, though, before those small spikes impale themselves on his face.

As Jared moves into the foggy jungle, he is just in time to see the halfling duck out of the way of D's attack. He himself does not get a chance to attack. Ealiss charges in blindly. He expects a halfling, but instead runs into a human woman instead. It takes all he has not to swing his weapon wildly at her. The halfling tries to attack Jared, but he misses so badly that he drops his dagger instead. He curses quietly, but neither, D, Ealiss nor Jared understands what he said. With his eyes on D and Jared, he backs away into the jungle further, disappearing back into the fog.

[OOC:
D is at W7
J is at W8
Ea is at V6
halfling moves out from X8 to unknown square
]

[OOC:

Round 3 finished. Round 4 actions, please.
D, Jared, Ealiss, Erin and the halfling can't been seen.

Initiative order:
D - 23
Bel - 22
Jared - 18
Eetu - 15
Arandur - 15
Human - 15
Halfling - 9
Ealiss - 6

@VinGoodman: Arandur cannot go to W2 because it would take 13 squares. 10 to go to V3, and he needs an additional 3 to go to W2. It would usually take 2 to move the second time diagonally, but because of the difficult terrain, it adds an additional square of movement.

@Todasmile: Thanks for telling me! Have fun!
]

VinGoodman
2010-02-13, 10:12 AM
Arandur moves to Y2, searching for the halfling and ready to put pump an arrow into him if he catches sight of him. "Surrender! Your comrade is down, and you are badly outnumbered!"

freebiewitz
2010-02-13, 09:21 PM
"TAKE THIS OMPFFF!!!" About to attack the obstacle Ealiss found that it was in fact D and not the halfing. "BLOODY HELL D WHAT THE BLOODY ASHES!?"

Putting away his dagger he then unslings his staff from his back. "Bloody ashes I don't like this."

Ealiss puts his dagger away as a standard action, pulls out a staff as a move action. Also I'm guessing because of his loud voice it'll be pretty hard to friendly fire him but on the same side of the coin the enemy should know where he is as well.

FirebirdFlying
2010-02-14, 08:29 PM
Bel

Bel only grunts in reply to the man, judging the distance between himself and the fog. He turns back to him, then, squatting down again. "So that lady I was telling you about appears to be somewhat lost in that, dare I say magically created, cloud over there. Since she's close to your only hope for survival, you'd like to help me out, wouldn't you?" He drapes the man's arm over his shoulder, lifting and supporting him, and half-carries him the ten feet to the open ground as Jallyc follows. "I'm going to see how devoted you are to each other, one way or another. Oh, and don't worry, I'm not letting you slip away this easy. Nor do I enjoy killing. He, on the other hand, might get less kind treatment. Oy, you!" His other hand, still holding a dagger, presses said weapon against the man's stomach, and his voice carries across the field. "Mage! Why don't you come out, or would you rather see this fellow die a slow and painful death? Stomach wounds hurt, I'm told."

Bluffy bluffy bluff: [roll0]

EDIT: Aww. Darn. Hope this wizzie dumped wisdom. Or wouldn't care anyway.

vollmond
2010-02-16, 09:43 AM
Eetu

Lowering his bow, Eetu draws his sword and silently moves into the jungle near the mist.

V15 to Z12 should be doable with a double move, drawing the sword as I go. Bow is still held in off-hand, as I don't have a move action to spare to put it away.

[roll0]
[roll1]
(including -5 for full speed movement -- hopefully the confusion of the encounter will help me :smallwink:)

edit: Also note that Eetu's position on the map should be V15 at the beginning of the round, not the location actually shown.

KingRexII
2010-02-16, 02:19 PM
[Round 4]

In the mist:
@Angelic_Dawn, Todasmile, freebiewitz:

With an air of curiosity, D picks up the dagger. Unable to see clearly, she wanders blindly back the way she came until she walks out of the mist. Erin, using her nose to find the halfling, seeks him out directly. She tries to bite him, but misses. With the sound of fighting, Jared can more easily pinpoint the enemy. He finds the dog and halfling fighting each other. He takes a swipes at the halfling as well, but he also misses. The caster, realizing he's surrounded, flees south-eastward, out of the fog, away from Arandur's speaking.

Ealiss switches weapons from dagger to quarterstaff. [You can switch your action, if you'd like.]

Erin is at X7.
Jared is at X8.
Ealiss is at V6.

D absent-mindedly ambles out of the mist while Bel's words are met with silence. His prisoner responds, "I don't think you'll get an answer that way. I never got a chance to get hired. You guys got in the way. Now they'll think I've set this trap for them." He looks bitter.

While Arandur speaks loudly as he moves deeper through the forest, Eetu moves silently. Thankfully, the mist conceals them from the halfling's sight inside. From near the south-east side of the mist, Eetu sees:

@vollmond:

The halfling moves through the forest to the east, not noticing the elf. He moves a great deal faster than you've ever seen any other halfling move. Their short legs usually cannot cover that much ground. The halfling's position is off the map about twenty feet from Eetu, but there is forest and underbrush between hunter and prey.

[OOC:

Round 4 done. Round 5 actions, please.

Initiative order, Round 5:
D - 23
Bel - 22
Jared - 18
Eetu - 15
Arandur - 15
Human - 15
Halfling - 9
Ealiss - 6

]

vollmond
2010-02-16, 02:50 PM
Eetu

DM:

Hmmm

Move: Re-sheathe short sword
Free: 5-foot step east, off the map.
Free: Wave madly, trying to get Arandur's attention (but not the halfling's), then point at the halfling.
Standard: snipe! with bow

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] (x3, wishful thinking haha)
[roll3]

[roll4] (includes -20 for sniping)

Here's hoping the halfling botches his spot :smallbiggrin:

FirebirdFlying
2010-02-16, 04:28 PM
Bel

"You attacked us. …Dee! Will you come here? I need to make good on a promise to this." He nods towards the man.

Farri, restlessly whining, runs off with a command from Bel after Erin as Bel himself begins to walk with the man towards D.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-02-17, 05:49 AM
D.

oops seems i missed a turn, But seems Mr king chose some fitting actions. :smallwink:

ok, *I wander out of the mist (i hope) in the direction of bells voice, Asking..* "Hm.. Whats wrong?" :smallsmile:

KingRexII
2010-02-19, 12:03 AM
[Round 5]

D wanders out, forgetful of the battle. Bel still has a mind on the fight, sending a restless Farri to find his (her?) companion. He bolts into the fog right past D. As he does so, With her nose to the ground, Erin meanders out with her nose to the ground. She seems to have lost the scent.

@Todasmile, vollmond, VinGoodman:

Jared fumbles through the fog guessing where the halfling went; he eventually pops out the other side and can see him fleeing, He sees Eetu to his right, waving his arms past Jared to Arandur. Eetu then attempts to snipe the enemy -- his arrow misses -- but the elf is unable to jump behind a tree in time to hide himself from his target. The gnome hisses at the two elves and the halfling. He looks ready to move further into the jungle.

[OOC:

Middle of Round 5. VinGoodman's up along with freebiewitz once the bad guys get a turn. By the way, Arandur, with the help of Eetu's gesticulating sees where the halfling is now. He won't be able to catch him, but he's still within bow range. Note that I've delayed D's actions -- basically she's free to her Round 5 action, if she's remembered that she was fighting someone.

Can I get the intentions for the players for the rest of combat? The halfling looks like he's going to run. Who's chasing and who's staying behind? We would split into two groups if that's the case. And just a note for those that are wondering -- you get the XP if you kill the halfling or not.

[Round 5]
Arandur - 15
Disabled human - 15
Halfling - 9
Ealiss - 6

Updated Map (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tYkC61eMHLQkokKlXXqgQrw&output=html).

]

VinGoodman
2010-02-19, 01:08 AM
OOC
I had used a regular move and readied my standard action to fire at the halfling when he pops out. Do I get that shot in addition to my round 5 action?

Angelic_Dawn
2010-02-19, 04:37 AM
[OOC]

oi, im not that forgetfull of battle,

But if someone yells my name, im gonna assume its important,
That and you had me wander out of the mist in the direction of Bel already,
So i decided to continue with that :smallsmile:

If she decides to change her mind, and there was nothing important, despite the yelling

Ill be chasing down The lil guy.

Edit: added spoiler tags

KingRexII
2010-02-19, 08:52 AM
@VG:

OOC
I had used a regular move and readied my standard action to fire at the halfling when he pops out. Do I get that shot in addition to my round 5 action?

Ack! Sorry about that. I've had issues processing readied action lately. Arandur should have gotten a shot off as soon as Eetu pointed it out to him. His initiative would actually rise above his, but he would not get round 5 actions. It's a tricky rule in the Ready action (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialInitiativeActions.htm#ready) section. I'll give you the option to take that readied shot, but I can understand if you'd rather nix it and have a full round to play with instead.

freebiewitz
2010-02-19, 09:37 AM
"What the bloody hell?" Swear Ealiss looking around. "I'M GONNA BLOODY KILL YA WHERE EVER YA BLOODY ARE!"

Runs through the mist in the direction he's facing in and prepares to face the halfing.

Basically I wan't Ealiss to charge east. If he runs into a tree then okay. XD

Attack rolll if he sees the halfing
(1d20+1)[5]

Damage if hit
(1d6+1)[7]

Assuming that I come out the mist and surprise him and hit him (Long shot)
Sneak attack
(1d6)[2]

Wow I'm not hitting anything except my foot.

VinGoodman
2010-02-19, 09:50 AM
Arandur curses at the halfling, move 15' closer to where I can get a shot, and take a shot at the him.

OOC

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

crit check (20/x3)
attack: [roll2]
damage: [roll3]

Note: The first range increment is 100' for the bow, but I may lose him in the woods. Please let me know when it ceases to be feasible to pursue him as I am doing now - move 15' and fire.

vollmond
2010-02-19, 01:48 PM
Eetu

Assuming no evidence of other threats, and assuming someone else will be staying with the prisoner and our injured nobleman, Eetu would keep tracking the halfling for at least a bit -- he surely has useful information, and why leave a known threat out there?

KingRexII
2010-02-21, 10:19 PM
[Round 5]

Both Arandur and Ealiss give chase, but only the elf has a chance get his errant shot off before the enemy bolts. The halfling laughs once more, casting a spell on himself, and then running twice as fast as anyone has seen before this.

[OOC:

End of round 5. Moving from tactical movement to local movement.

Will you stay or will you go now?
If you go, there will trouble.
An' if you stay, there will double!
So come on and let me know --
Will you stay or will you go?
(Apologies to The Clash)

{table]Character|Stay or Go?
D|Stay!
Bel|Stay!
Jared|Stay!
Eetu|Go!
Arandur|Stay!
Ealiss|Go!
Rajaat|???
Disabled Human|???
[/table]

Once I know where everyone's going, I'll push along. The speed of a group will be determined largely by the tracker and the slowest member of the group.
]

VinGoodman
2010-02-21, 11:00 PM
Arandur shakes his head in disbelief. This is one fast halfling. If Eetu catches him, I sure wouldn't mind getting my hands on his spellbook, if he's got one, and see how he's doing this. He returns to the clearing to make sure all's well there, leaving the chase to his brother.

KingRexII
2010-02-23, 12:35 PM
OOC:

Once I know if Bel and Jared are going or staying, I'll move things along. FirebirdFlying and Todasmile, I'll mark you down as staying unless otherwise noted.

Todasmile
2010-02-23, 06:07 PM
I HAVE RETURNED!

Jared shall be staying, since D, the other Cleric, is going, and another tracker's already in that group. Plus, we need another person to stay anyways, and Jared's no use with his movement either.

Jared watched the man run off, then sighed and started moving back into the clearing. The others would surely catch the other Halfling.

But it was troubling that he had not understood the Halfling; wouldn't the Halfling speak in Common or Halfling if he had something to say? Did he only know that language, whatever it was, or did he say something he didn't want heard?

It was most peculiar...

FirebirdFlying
2010-02-24, 09:30 PM
Bel

"He's bleeding to death. I promised him he wouldn't, see, and hoped you could help with that…Unless you wanted to chase down the mage. You'd, ah, better run, in that case."

Bel calls the three dogs back to himself.

Handle Animal:[roll0]
Other Handle Animal (for Jallyc): [roll1]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-02-25, 08:37 AM
Oh the poor man, Dont worry ill stay and help you.
Mr gnomey also still needs tending to.

you got away from me this time, because these people need help but next time... *Shakes fist in direction of Halfling*

DM OOC

So change my Stance to staying here.

FirebirdFlying
2010-02-25, 09:53 AM
Bel

"Don't be too sympathetic, he tried to kill us."

freebiewitz
2010-02-27, 02:34 AM
"WHERE THE BLOODY HELL DID THAT MIDGET GO!!!!?????"
Throws staff to the ground.

"YOU'D BETTER RUN YA #(*$&(%*&(#&%#(&*())&*@$^@!"

KingRexII
2010-02-28, 01:25 AM
Bel, D, Arandur and Jared stand guard over their prisoner and fallen leader, who looks barely alive. The prisoner quips, "So... any chance you'll let me go?"

Meanwhile, the ranger and the rogue pursue the speeding halfling. With his exceptional speed, the tracker soon lose sight of their quarry. Thankfully, the enemy's speed means that he sacrifices any attempt at hiding his tracks, which are very easy to follow. After fifteen minutes of traipsing through the jungle, bearing east of Nature's Hall, the tracks end at the banks of the Medgard's main river, River Morgan, that runs through the heart of the island. Eetu knows that down stream flows into the ocean, no more than a thirty minute's hike away. Upstream flows into deep jungle.

vollmond
2010-02-28, 01:57 AM
Is there any evidence that a boat was moored here?

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

freebiewitz
2010-02-28, 07:56 PM
"Ya know what? I'm gonna check on the gnome, feed him the bloody vial then me some bloody compensation, maybe get me outta this bloody mess."

Stalks off and picks up him staff before making his way back.

KingRexII
2010-02-28, 10:41 PM
Figuring that he will be of greater value back at Nature's Hall, Eetu stands alone to continue his task. His keen eyes find:

... that a boat was clearly docked there recently. He finds a strand of coarsely cut rope trapped under some foliage. He notices that upstream, there is a faint trail in the water of kicked up dirt and silt. He divines that the boat was probably rowed hastily into the jungle.

vollmond
2010-02-28, 11:02 PM
Eetu

Grimacing at the knowledge that he would be unable to keep up with a boat on foot in the jungle, Eetu turns and makes his way back to the clearing. As he goes, he calls to mind what he knows of the land upriver, trying to come up with where the halfling may have been bound for...

[roll0]

KingRexII
2010-03-02, 10:13 AM
@vollmond:

Eetu's extensive knowledge of the lay of land tells him that upstream leads to the source of the river. There are also a couple of small villages along the way, but you know them to be good folk, and it would be surprising if they took in such an unsavory character willingly.

The hill, called Knockmorgan, is approximately 70 miles from your current position. The way there is through sparse to increasingly denser jungle. Knockmorgan is generally avoided as there is an evil force that seems to protect it and about a 10 mile radius around it. Whatever lies there never reaches the city so not much has ever been done to get rid of it.

vollmond
2010-03-02, 10:36 AM
DM
And just to be clear, Knockmorgan is where the headwaters are?

KingRexII
2010-03-02, 12:55 PM
@vollmond:

DM
And just to be clear, Knockmorgan is where the headwaters are?
Knockmorgan is the source of the River Morgan, and the river flows from the hill both to the north and south. It's always been a mystery how one little hill can produce a fairly wide river, but most investigators don't come back to tell others what they've found.

vollmond
2010-03-02, 01:23 PM
Eetu

Returning to the clearing, Eetu walks up to the crowd of his companions. "We lost the halfling at the River Morgan about fifteen minutes east. He definitely had a craft waiting, and escaped upstream."

Eetu pauses for a moment, considering.

"I'm familiar with the villages and tribes in that direction -- I would be hard-pressed to believe that they would harbor one such as we seek. Beyond that, of course, is Knockmorgan, but surely even an enemy such as we have been fighting all these long years would not take refuge there."

His face clears and his eyes focus on the gnome.

"How fares our ailing leader?"

freebiewitz
2010-03-02, 05:33 PM
"Burn me if I care!" Ealiss tells Eatu. "But the bloody idiot better bloody stay alive, he bloody owes me for the bloody vial!"

Ealiss then goes about pouring the vial of anti toxin down the gnomes throat.

The anti-toxin gives him an extra fortitude reroll and a plus 5 alchemic bonus to fortitude for the next hour. Hopefully whatever made him go down is poisoness otherwise this thing just got wasted.

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-04, 02:03 PM
*Checks the prisoners vitals*

KingRexII
2010-03-06, 12:23 AM
Mini-summary for those that need it (including me):

The battle did not fair well, though, our heroes came out of it unscathed. Their true prey escaped up the river, deeper into the jungle, but at least they have a barely alive, but still conscious prisoner. Rajaat slumbers in a unnatural sleep and waits for a skilled physician's hand to wake him. The six heroes stand in Nature's Hall, attempting to decide what to do next.

The prisoner attempts to become more animated when he realizes that D is checking him out. "Why hello, there. Maybe being captured isn't so bad if it means someone like you is tending my wounds." He gives D a smarmy smile.

freebiewitz
2010-03-06, 05:52 AM
Slightly annoyed Ealiss snaps at the man. "PIPE DOWN YA BLOODY BASTARD!" he yells. "IF YA BLOODY WANT TO BLOODY TALK YA BLOODY BETTER WELL TELL US WHERE THE BLOODY HELL THAT HALFING WENT OR WHO THE BLOODY HELL WAS HE?!" Crosses his arms and turns his back to the group, obviously not wanting to be there. "If ya don't start talkin soon I'll give D here a reason to start healin real fast." Scowls and pulls out a dagger.

Intimidate check
(1d20+6)[21]

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-06, 07:03 AM
*Ignoring Ealiss, D smiles back at him.*

Well hello there so you can talk... :smallsmile:
hi im dee, and who might you be?

Dice rollage.

Diplomacy. (Im cute,Cuddely and innocent, Well i look that way.)
[roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-03-06, 08:00 AM
Arandur turns to Eetu, and speaks to him in a low voice, careful that the prisoner does not hear them, "Do you think we can track him down? We can probably go along the river upstream until you find the tracks where he moved on land. And then go from there?"

KingRexII
2010-03-06, 10:38 AM
The prisoner looks genuinely worried about Ealiss's dagger. He gulps and answers D's question with a bit more respect. "My name is Jedek, miss." He looks at Ealiss, "Look, I don't know where he went. All I know is that he maybe had a job for me. I was just here looking for some work." He raises his palms out in a defensive posture.

Todasmile
2010-03-06, 08:28 PM
Jared noticed that the lieutenant was still unconscious. The halfling sighed and got down on his knees to inspect the gnome.

"Alright then, let's see what the damage is..."

[roll0]

That's for inspecting, and, if healing is possible and would not be detrimental, an attempt at healing the problem.

Detrimental by definition of, say... a potent poison that kills faster the more active the victim is, and then healing the coma, thereby making the victim more active and likely to die sooner.

Or something.

That was from the other thread. In case it doesn't show, the Heal check was a 21 total.

KingRexII
2010-03-06, 10:29 PM
@Todasmile:

No worries. I trust that you rolled the amount you state.

Jared takes a closer look at Rajaat to try to find out exactly what happened. His skill determines that he was indeed poisoned. There are tell-tale splotches on his chest and scalp that indicate a toxin caused his near-death experience. The cleric, however, is unable to determine the identity of the poison and more research is necessary to figure out what this is.

There are no cuts or wounds, so the poison was either ingested (through his food or drink), inhaled or contracted through contact. As a few people have already touched the body (including Jared) and no one else has felt the effects of the poison, you deduce that the poison was either ingested or inhaled.

Todasmile
2010-03-07, 12:30 AM
Either ingested or inhaled?

Okay, if it were ingested, that means that somebody knew that the lieutenant would be coming here, and had access to his food or drink. I'd doubt that many people at once are being affected, so it couldn't have been a mass-poisoning or drinking water. If it were a mass poisoning, at least one of our group would be affected as well.

For it to be inhaled also points to someone with access to him. It's not a cloud of poison that was spread about the area, and I doubt that any of the assailants got close enough to accurately spray poison into his mouth...

It could have been some sort of creature or plant, perhaps, in which case...

[roll0]

That's a Knowledge (Nature) check. I have a single rank in it. That would cover any sort of natural poison, correct?

Otherwise, there are two conclusions:

1. An assailant got close enough to force-feed or force him to inhale poison. Not likely, but possible.

2. We can't ignore the possibility of a mole. That is, someone in the army or something looking to sabotage the lieutenant.

Assuming that these theories and deductions, which are probably way off, are suitable for a 14 INT character, these are the actions I take.

Jared frowned, then searched his mind for possible natural toxins that could have caused this. The alternative was a disturbing prospect.

He reported his findings to the others, and also his theories of natural toxins and possible moles and such.

He then spoke to Eetu and Bel, "You two! You look the Rangerly type; perhaps you can think of something that I haven't. After all, you must spend much greater amounts of time in the wilderness than I."

Oh jeez, look at that roll. A two? It's only to be expected after a 17, but really...

KingRexII
2010-03-07, 06:59 AM
@Todasmile:

Just to make it official, yeah -- Jared can't think of any plants that would produce this affect. Can't roll high every time! :smalltongue:

FirebirdFlying
2010-03-07, 10:16 AM
Bel

"Let me think."

Knowledge (Nature): [roll0]

vollmond
2010-03-07, 10:25 AM
Eetu

Eetu frowns and looks at the gnome, considering.

[roll0]
[roll1] (on the off chance it can help)

edit:.... stupid filter is stupid.

KingRexII
2010-03-07, 10:39 PM
@FF:

Bel knows of a fungus that grows only at the base of the pomegranate trees that dot the island. If eaten, then the afflicted either dies of a sudden heart attack or falls into a coma as Rajaat has. The antidote is derived from the liver of an indigenous pig that eats the pomegranate fungus as its main food source.

However, the fungus has been eradicated from the pomegranate trees around the city in a five mile radius to prevent the occasional wanderer from accidentally killing himself eating these things. As such, the pig, which is easily distinguishable because of its purple coloring, isn't spotted around the city's area any more.

@vollmond:

At least you got that natural one out of the way. Better that it happens now than when you're trying to make a save against Hideous Laughter (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/hideousLaughter.htm).

What did you try to write earlier that the filter filtered? If it's a valid word for the boards, you can always get around it using a judicious use of color tags.

vollmond
2010-03-07, 10:53 PM
@DM

Hah, true re: nat 1

The word was another word for a male chicken. Original text: "Eetu frowns and ****s his head, considering." :smallconfused:

haha, also, I would pay good money to see a normally stoic and stable elf under the effects of Hideous Laughter

KingRexII
2010-03-09, 12:53 PM
*DM poke-age*

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-10, 11:08 AM
*smiles*

Where exactly did he recruit/find you? And what was it tht your "job" entailed Mr. Jedek?

*tends to injuries*

KingRexII
2010-03-10, 08:36 PM
"Oh, please, dearie -- no need to call me mister," Jedek smiles backs. He is clearly smitten with the cleric. "A buddy of mine recommended me to him, and the next morning I found this note," he takes out a piece of paper and hands it to D. On the paper is scribbled "Nature's Hall. Noon."

"As for the job itself... Well, I don't think a pretty lass like yourself really wants to know." So enamored is Jedek that he seems to have forgotten that he is a prisoner.

vollmond
2010-03-10, 08:43 PM
Eetu

Eetu watches the interaction between D and their prisoner, and resists the urge to join in the questioning. Turning in a slow circle, he scans the Hall's forest border, keeping a close ear to the conversation.

VinGoodman
2010-03-10, 09:56 PM
Arandur

Arandur falls into step with Eetu. "What do you think of this attack? Two against a group seemed almost...suicidal. I think they had a singular target, and may have gotten to him. Perhaps we can turn this against them, though. Hopefully D over there..." he pauses for a quick check to make sure things are progressing nicely between D and the prisoner, "...can get enough information to help us track his accomplice down."

freebiewitz
2010-03-10, 10:52 PM
Scowling Ealiss simply stalks off on his own.
"Bloody blood and ashes I shouldn't even be here, why the bloody hell am I here?" He questioned himself silently.

Turning back he gave a shout. "Hey D hurry the bloody hell up and fix him will ya? I wanna get back to town before I start growing a bloody beard!" Sitting down he sat down and began playing around his pick and lock once more.

vollmond
2010-03-11, 09:11 AM
Eetu

Eetu throws a sharp look at Ealiss's outburst, unhappy that it may distract the prisoner from D's charm. Continuing on his circuit of the clearing, he turns back to Arandur. "I believe our guest is telling the truth, and will likely not have much information to give. At least we know the general direction our assailant fled to. The more I think, though, the more I wonder -- if he was really foolish enough to take refuge near Knockmorgan, there may be little we can -- or want -- to do to find him.

"As for finding him, we can certainly follow the river north and hope to find where he returned to land. It will not be an easy trek through the jungle, though, especially if we all are going. Perhaps we can acquire the use of a boat at the port. That would allow me to put the word out through my more nomadic contacts to keep an eye out for this spellcaster. I am loathe to allow an assassin to roam freely in my home."

Angelic_Dawn
2010-03-11, 08:18 PM
*still fussing over the man's injury's, more then possibly can be need for*

ah jedek come on, you can tell me.
I mean it cant be that bad... can it?

FirebirdFlying
2010-03-21, 12:49 PM
Bel

Bel walks over to Rajaat, kneeling by him and speaking to Jared. "There's a fungus that might produce the effect - it would usually mean death by now, although some survive it. The antidote's made from the liver of a type of pig that likes to eat it. It would probably be best, however, to get him to someone well trained in the area of poisons."