PDA

View Full Version : Happiness and Sunshine (IC)

V for Victory
2010-01-29, 02:35 PM
Your party sits in a room above the bar at the inn, the room is just large enough to fit the four of you comfortably. Below you you hear the rumble below you , towns people going on with their dreary lives. They don't know that a few feet below them great evil is being conceived

Drakevarg
2010-01-29, 05:00 PM
(("Happiness and Sunshine?" ...I'll strangle you later.))

Vorin leaned back in his chair, balancing himself by resting his feet on the table. "Bored." He grumbled in a grainy voice, staring at the ceiling. "I'm bored. We need work. Or just something to kill. Either one."

Codac
2010-01-29, 05:18 PM
"Then find something to do." Tarnon said looking up from his book "Go kill an innocent villager or something." He then looked down at the book to continue reading while scratching his dog's ears.

Drakevarg
2010-01-29, 05:31 PM
"Go kill an innocent villager or something." Vorin repeated mockingly. "Bah. The peasants here are weak. Wouldn't last an hour in my tribelands. No fun."

Freshmeat
2010-01-29, 05:53 PM
Thorak is sitting to the side, rubbing his knuckles together in bored agitation.
"Let's go downstairs and see if we can get some action or 'honest' work there. Or at least teach people a lesson if someone was stupid enough to sit at our table again. It beats sitting up here and doing nothing."

Codac
2010-01-29, 06:08 PM
"Yes because going and killing people beats relaxing." Tarnon says sarcastically before standing up. "Well at least let me get a drink this time before you start the chaos."

Drakevarg
2010-01-29, 06:21 PM
Vorin pushed himself up from his seat, leading the way out of the room. On his way down the hallway he eagerly drummed a patterin into the haft of his axe, which hung from his belt.

Demons_eye
2010-01-29, 07:23 PM
"You people are more crazy then me" Seeker says as he grins ear to ear walking with the others "Killing people with draw attention so unless you want the town pissed and starting a mob but I am up for what ever.

Drakevarg
2010-01-29, 07:27 PM
"I have no intention of random murder, mage." Vorin replied as he began to decend the stairs. "Just an honest brawl between folks is all." He stopped at the bottom of the staircase to scan the barrooms contents. " 'Sides, Tarnon needs his drink first."

((Would that be a spot check?))

Codac
2010-01-30, 08:55 PM
"Plus are you stating we cant handle a mob of peasants." Tarnon said with a smirk on his face.Than adjusting the sword an his belt he entered to bar.

Drakevarg
2010-01-30, 09:35 PM
"What? Did your ears break or something?" Vorin asked incredulously. "I said they'd be too easy!" Continuing to grumble under his breath, he sat down at the closest table and looked around for someone who'd be easily provoked into a fight.

V for Victory
2010-01-30, 10:11 PM
In the tavern you see a small number of adventurers but mostly townsfolk just trying to get hammered

Drakevarg
2010-01-31, 12:39 AM
Vorin scanned the various adventurers, checking for signs of spellbooks, heavy weapons, aggressive temperment, etc.

((Search Check?))

Freshmeat
2010-01-31, 08:51 AM
Thorak sits down next to Vorin and looks around warily.

Spot: [roll0]

"You know, I heard a rumor yesterday," he says to the rest. "Apparently there's a pair of self-righteous 'heroes' hunting for us. Guess we're famous."

"Still, they wouldn't be trying to tackle the four of us unless they were halfway competent so I say we find and kill them as soon as we can, before they try to pull a fast one on us by attacking us in our sleep or something."

Drakevarg
2010-01-31, 11:19 AM
Spot [roll0]

"And if they triple us in strength, what then? There's more than one step between 'know enemy exists' and 'kill enemy', Thorak." Vorin muttered irritably. "We need to find out who they are first. After we've done that, if we're certain we'll last more than ten seconds against them, I'll be the first into the fray. But if not, we're getting the hell out of dodge until we are strong enough to face them."

Codac
2010-01-31, 12:50 PM
Tarnon enters the room and immediately heads over to the bar to order a pint of the good stuff. As he waits for his drink he looks around the room observing the adventurers more than the other patrons of the tavern. When he gets his drink he takes a sip then makes eye contact with his allies to let them know he's ready. Tarnon starts petting Storm's head as he waits for the chaos to start.

Freshmeat
2010-01-31, 01:12 PM
"So what's your plan then, smartass?" Thorak responds to Vorin, his agitation rising along with Vorin's irritability. "I suppose lying low would be the cautious thing to do, but then we might as well keep ourselves in check forever. I say that if we do attract the ire of some people willing to hunt us down, or hire mercenaries to do the job for them, we first find ourselves a way to arm ourselves properly. There's bound to be someone around here with gold or magic items worth taking. We could also narrow down any hunters by at least making sure the people who live in this dunghole are too afraid to cross us, and then we get ourselves a couple of informants so they can give us a heads-up if out-of-towners start asking questions about us. No complex plans needed, and then we sure as hell don't have to hide like cowards either. How's that sound?"

Drakevarg
2010-01-31, 04:00 PM
"I never said lie low." Vorin replied, his voice growing quiet. "I said we avoid our persuers, specifically, until we know more about them. There's nothing stopping us from having some fun in the meantime. So keep your ears open and your eyes elsewhere until we know who we're dealing with. Quite simply, these 'heroes' are a minor curiousity until they get in our way. Then, based on what we know about them by that point, we either steer clear of them... or kill 'em." Vorin's mouth split into a sadistic grin at the thought. "Understand?"

V for Victory
2010-02-01, 02:44 PM
A man who is obviously an adventurer and who was sitting in the corner of the bar gets up and walks over to you. He is dressed in all black and appears to leaning on a staff to stand. I overheard you talking... if someone's after you I can cast some spells that will make it awfully hard for them to find you indeed, chuckling he walks away saying If your interested follow me

Drakevarg
2010-02-01, 05:12 PM
"Never accept spells from strangers." Vorin muttered as he got to his feet. Moving towards the bar, he delivered a swift kick to the leg of a drinking adventurer's chair.

Strength Check [roll0]

V for Victory
2010-02-01, 05:21 PM
The chair leg breaks, knocking over the adventurer's chair the gnome who was sitting in the chair yells in a small, high pitch voice What's the matter with you? Can't a guy enjoy a drink?
Meanwhile the old man sighs muttering to himself So sad that we couldnt do business he disappears into the crowd

Drakevarg
2010-02-01, 05:28 PM
"Gnomes can't. Don't like gnomes. Except maybe deep-fried gnomes." Vorin grunted, kicking what was left of the chair out of the way. "Fight."

V for Victory
2010-02-01, 05:30 PM
The gnome says What? I don't speak that tounge

Drakevarg
2010-02-01, 05:45 PM
Vorin sighed, unclipping the waraxe from his belt to make his point.

Freshmeat
2010-02-01, 05:53 PM
Thorak chuckles a bit to himself in what can only be interpreted as sadistic delight. He already feels a bit of regret at having let the wizard go without a fight, after the man so rudely interrupted them and even admitted to eavesdropping.

Still, Vorin seemed intent to liven up the mood. With obvious interest, Thorak watches the scene unfold, hoping that someone would be foolish enough to step in.
Hopefully someone more of a sport than a lousy gnome... he thinks to himself.

Codac
2010-02-01, 08:17 PM
Tarnon watched sipping his drink as a strange man walked over to his companions and said something he couldn't make out. The man leaves obviously not getting what he wanted from them. His hand twitched toward his sword on reflex when Vorin walked closer and kicked a chair out from under a gnome. When Vorin goes for his axe Tarnon prepares to fight his hand near his sword. "Alright lets do this" he says under his breath while taking another drink.

Demons_eye
2010-02-01, 08:19 PM
The mad mage looks up from his drink as if he was begin set up it was too easy! Trying to hide he says "Its a marriage proposal, just take the Ax from the bottom and shake it three times."

Spells for the day

Ghost Soundx4

Color Spray
Silent Image x2
Orb of Acid Lesser

Hideous Laughter
Invisibility
Minor Image
Touch of Idiocy

Major Image x3

V for Victory
2010-02-02, 10:45 AM
The gnome suddenly dissapears into thin air and you see a young half-orc stand up, He is covered in armor. and has a greatsword on his back
All right, now lets just calm down here. I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding, we both want the samething, to drink, is there anything wrong with that?

Drakevarg
2010-02-02, 04:42 PM
Vorin took a step backwards in suprise at the transformation. <What in the hell!?> He gasped out before regaining his composure, the look of suprise on his face turning into a delighted grin. <Much better. Now, let's get down to business.> He said, brandishing his axe towards the half-orc. "Sunder." He stated clearly in Common, the waraxe busting into flames.

V for Victory
2010-02-02, 05:19 PM
Drawing his sword the half-orc says, Don't say I didn't try to be peaceful to the rest of the bar, he says I tried, you all saw it.

Drakevarg
2010-02-02, 05:35 PM
<About damned time!> Vorin shouted, twirling the axe in his hand, the flame arcing behind it. He braced himself for the fight to start.

Initiative: [roll0]

Freshmeat
2010-02-02, 05:38 PM
"Ah, now it's getting interesting..." Thorak mutters to himself as he stands up. "But one lousy half-orc who relies on steel is still not much of a sport."

"Anyone else in this bar fancy themselves the law around here, telling us what we can and can't do?" he shouts in a gruff and broken tongue hardly resembling common. "You all think you're tough adventurers or something? Pathetic, the lot of you!"

Rather pleased with himself as he feels the blood rush to his head and the adrenaline course through his veins, and eagerly anticipating the inevitable fight, Thorak turns to a nearby dwarven patron who had been frowning disapprovingly ever since Vorin began harassing the gnome.
"You! You got a problem with me and my friend or something? Come one, lets hear it, shorty. How about you stand and fight like a man, rather than sit here and do nothing, runt!"

With increasing force, Thorak begins shoving the dwarf a little, hoping for some sort of reaction.

Initiative: [roll0]

V for Victory
2010-02-02, 05:55 PM
Several Patrons get up to defend themselves at the ruccus

Half-Orc Warblade[roll0] (Laughing, 3 rounds left)
Gnome Rogue [roll1]
Human Sorcerer [roll2]
Human Cleric [roll3]
Bladeling Crusader [roll4]
]
The sorcerer and the Crusader are at the bar while the cleric is behind a table, the warblade is in the center of the room and the rouge is invisible

Codac
2010-02-02, 06:06 PM
Tarnon laughs as he watches the others start fights with random bar patrons. "Well how about we join them." he says to Storm with a smile on his face. taking another drink he draws his sword and looks into the group of fighters. "So who's first." Then he looks at Storm and says. "Getem boy."

Initiative Tarnon: [roll0]
Initiative Storm: [roll1]

Demons_eye
2010-02-02, 06:59 PM
Seekers laughs as everyone stands to the ready drinking his drink and throwing the mug to the ground.

[roll0]

V for Victory
2010-02-02, 07:32 PM
The half-orc charges towards Vorin and swings his sword above his head only to bring it down again, aiming at the Gnoll.
The half-orc is using Sapphire Nightmare Blade Maneuver while under the effects of Punishing Stance
Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] If concentration check is higher than AC

Concentration Check: [roll3]

Power summary: If the concentration check is higher than Vorin's AC then the attack will deal an extra 1d6 damage and Vorin will be flatfooted against it, if th concentration check fails the attack roll gets a -2 and no damage bonus.

He is also sacrficing two points of attack bonus for four points of damage using power attack

V for Victory
2010-02-02, 07:39 PM
The Cleric casts Enlarge Person on the Half-Orc, he grows in size and strength.

Drakevarg
2010-02-02, 07:41 PM
Vorin's Flatfooted AC: 10. Missed.

<Damn.> Vorin muttered, sidestepping the blow. <Wouldn't want to be hit by that.> In response, the gnoll struck at the Warblade's midsection with his war axe.

Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] (Fire)

((EDIT: Oops. I just assumed the other NPCs weren't doing anything this round...))

V for Victory
2010-02-02, 08:16 PM
The Bladeling Crusader enters The Iron Guard's Glare Stance (-4 to attack rolls against his allies) and activates his racial Razor Strom ability, positioning himself to aim the cone at All four of the villans, however he also catches the half-orc in his blast

Reflex Saves: (DC 10)
Half-Orc: [roll0]
Vorin: [roll1]
Thorak: [roll2]
Seeker:[roll3]

Tarnon and Storm I can't acces your reflex saves so please roll them for yourself

Damage: [roll4] If you made your reflex save you take half

Side Effect: The Bladeling's AC goes up by +2 for 24 hours

OOC:If you got the same initative count as an adventurer you guys can go first.

Vorin

Your attack misses

Codac
2010-02-02, 08:20 PM
((Wow i rolled really bad for initiative))

Tarnon reflex: [roll0]
Storm reflex: [roll1]

V for Victory
2010-02-02, 08:25 PM
The sorcerer casts Ray of Enfeeblment at Thorak

Damage: [roll1]

Codac
2010-02-02, 08:30 PM
"Ha this is good fun" Tarnon says as he swings at the cleric.

To hit [roll0]
If hit Damage [roll1]

Codac
2010-02-02, 09:15 PM
Storm growls at the group of enemys before attacking the cleric.

To hit

Damage [roll]1d6=3

Codac
2010-02-02, 09:16 PM
Oops
[roll0]

Drakevarg
2010-02-02, 09:28 PM
((The rogue is invisible.))

Codac
2010-02-02, 09:35 PM
Alright so Storm actually attacked the cleric.

To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

V for Victory
2010-02-02, 09:42 PM
The rogue has maneuvered himself to flank the gnoll. When he attacks the gnoll he becomes visible once again

Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

OOC: Storm hits however his master does not

Demons_eye
2010-02-02, 09:47 PM
"Big an ugly have some acid on you. Hehe on you" Seeker says as his magic starts to build in a skining green sphere. He lobs it at the half orc hoping to burn his face off.

Casting Acid orb lesser
[roll0] Ranged touch
[roll1] Damage

Freshmeat
2010-02-03, 01:01 AM
Thorak grits his teeth in pure, malevolent fury, though he looks mighty pleased nonetheless. Some action, at last!
Shoving the dwarf aside one more time, he casually walks over to those that dared interfere, breaking off into a run as he sets his eyes on the sorcerer. Not the most tempting of targets, but getting rid of the small guys before focusing all of his attention on the big ones sounded simple enough. Thorak didn't like to get distracted by annoying pests who didn't have the guts to stand up to him face to face.

Almost with a hint of regret (almost), he unsheathes his axe as he runs towards his target, swinging the large weapon overhead. When Thorak gets closer, it becomes increasingly clear that his skin has suddenly become covered with large patches of fur.

Activating Ape's Fury (Animal Devotion) to get +4 to strength [strength is back to 22]
Activating Rage for +4 to strength [strength goes up to 26], +4 constitution [+12 temporary HP], +2 will and -2 AC (rage lasts 7 rounds)

Attack Roll (while charging the sorcerer): [roll0] (+2 from charging, +4 from strength, -4 from the bladeling's stance)

Damage Roll: [roll1]

AC: 8 (charging)

V for Victory
2010-02-03, 07:51 AM
Half-Orc Warblade's Turn

The half orc continues to attack Vorin, this time yelling as he attacks, his attack bolsters his allies in attacking Vorin. While doing this feat he dodges the orb of acid thrown at him, continuing his movements unscathed

Attack:[roll0] he is trading 2 attack points with power attack
Damage:[roll1]
Power Effect: If the attack hits any attacks agains Vorin receive a +4 bonus on attack rolls

The Human Clerics' Turn

After being attacked by the wolf the cleric falls to his feat, defeated.

Bladeling Crusader

The bladeling runs over to thorak and delivers a blow with his sword, bolseting his allies to attack thorak

Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]
Power Effect: If the attack hits any attacks agains Vorin receive a +4 bonus on attack rolls

The sorcerer crumbles under the man-orc-ape's attack. The sorcerer is dead

Drakevarg
2010-02-03, 08:05 AM
Vorin's body shuddered from the sudden barrage of attacks. <That the... best you've got?> He spits through the blood leaking from his mouth, before turning to cut down the gnome who'd stabbed him in the back.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1] + [roll2] Fire Damage.

Vorin's HP: 9

V for Victory
2010-02-03, 04:45 PM
The sorcerer is dead, codac its your turn

Codac
2010-02-03, 05:17 PM
"Good boy." Tarnon says as he moves and attacks the warblade.

Storm barks at the rogue and bites him.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

V for Victory
2010-02-04, 05:20 PM
Using his tiny stature and nimble feet the gnome evades all attacks placed against him in the last turn. He swings his short sword at the gnoll who started this fight.

Attack: I applied a +4 from bolstering strike
Damage:[roll]1d4+1d6

V for Victory
2010-02-04, 05:22 PM
oops, sorry
Damage:[roll0]+[roll1]

Demons_eye
2010-02-04, 06:21 PM
"You did not laugh AT MY JOKE. LAUGH!" Adem yells over the ruckus. His voice slowly gathers the same sickening power as he points at the half orc and lets lose a spell.

Casting Hideous Laughter on the half orc.

Save DC 17 will

V for Victory
2010-02-04, 07:43 PM
Will Save: [roll0]
The half-orc lets out a snicker and it grows into a larger, uproaring laugh

Freshmeat
2010-02-05, 04:39 AM
Thorak looks for a brief moment at how the battle is going. It was too bad the other half-orc with his fancy moves was already grinning like an idiot, no doubt affected by one of Adem's spells.
Damn mages, taking away all the fun...

Casually tossing his sword aside, Thorak slams his body full-force into the bladeling's gut, grabbing hold of his shoulders so they could settle this like real men - mano a mano.

- Dropping my greatsword.
- Melee touch attack: [roll0]
- Opposed grapple check: [roll1] (BAB 5 + Strength Mod 8 + Improved Grapple 4)
- Unarmed strike: [roll2]

Drakevarg
2010-02-05, 08:22 AM
Vorin ignored the giggling half-orc, entirely focused on having that obnoxious gnome for lunch. <No one left to help you, meat!> He yelled as he brought his axe down upon the rogue once again.

Attack Roll: 1d20+11
Damage Roll: 1d10+9 + 1d6 Fire Damage

Drakevarg
2010-02-05, 08:24 AM
((Dunno why that didn't work...))

Attack Roll: [roll0] (Wait, this should be 9. I keep forgetting that -4...)
Damage Roll: [roll1] + [roll2] Fire Damage

Codac
2010-02-05, 11:34 AM
"Well that's no fun." Tarnon says as his enemy brakes into laughter. With a frown on his face he shrugs and attacks the half-orc again.

Storm starts growling annoyed with the gnome.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Codac
2010-02-05, 11:43 AM
Confirm critical: [roll0]
Critical Damage [roll1]

V for Victory
2010-02-05, 01:54 PM
As thorak attacks him the bladeling attempts to grappel back, however he fails against the hybrids superior strength

Opposed Grapple: [roll0]

he immediately tries to escape

Grapple: [roll1]

V for Victory
2010-02-05, 02:01 PM
Tarnon hits the laughing warblade while his animal companion and his half-orc ally miss their targets

Freshmeat
2010-02-07, 06:17 AM
Thorak resists the bladeling's feeble attempts to escape and continues laying his fists on him. By now, both of them are struggling on the ground and turning over chairs and tables, creating a complete mess.

Grapple for damage: [roll0]

Demons_eye
2010-02-09, 03:09 PM
Adem walks over to the laughing idiot and says to the others while kicking the orc "Who wants the first shot?"

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

I can not believe I did not buy weapons....

V for Victory
2010-02-09, 07:06 PM
The Half-Orc continues to roll around on the ground in a fit of laughter. Meanwhile the Bladeling just rolls around fighting.

Adem hits the gigglin half-orc so does Tarnon.

Opposed Grapple:[roll0]

Grapple for Escape:[roll1]

Due to the failure of his own grappling skill the bladeling dies under Thoraks attacks.

Drakevarg
2010-02-09, 07:40 PM
<Just DIE, you little freak!> snarled Vorin as he lashed out with his axe again.

Attack Roll: [roll0] (-4 if the Bladeling's effect still applies posthumously.)

Drakevarg
2010-02-09, 07:41 PM
Threat Confirmation:
Critical Damage: [roll]2d10+18

Drakevarg
2010-02-09, 07:42 PM
Again, not sure why that didn't work.

Critical Damage: [roll0]

V for Victory
2010-02-10, 10:43 PM
The rogue is cut into two peices by Sunder. The bar only has the dwarf owner, he attempts to run away. He is yelling, callin you out for being murderers

Freshmeat
2010-02-11, 01:51 PM
Thorak laughs heartily, almost eerily given the circumstances, and heaves the bladeling's body above his head. With a snarl he throws the corpse at the bar, shattering a wide variety of bottles, mugs, a table and at least two mirrors.

"None can stand before the might of THORAK!!" he bellows in sheer victorious pride.
"This is what happens to fools who raise their blades against us!"

Grinning, he grabs a nearby bottle and empties it one go. He wipes some of the ale from his mouth and then turns to his companions.
"Do what you want with the half-orc over there," he says, motioning over to the warrior on the ground, "and let's find us another bar somewhere."

"This place sucks anyway."

Demons_eye
2010-02-11, 03:12 PM
Adem walks over to one of the fallen people and picks up a weapon then walks back to the orc "Spell wont last forever, sadly, so I can't take my time with you"

Codac
2010-02-12, 06:22 AM
Tarnon starts cleaning his sword as he walks over to the bar. Looking at the damage done by the thrown bladeling he sighs.

"Oh come on you didn't have to break perfectly good alcohol." Sheathing his blade he looks at his companions. "Alright we attacked people in the bar now are you guys less bored?"

Drakevarg
2010-02-12, 08:31 AM
Vorin turned to face the giggling half-orc, attempting to finish him off. <Need bandages.> He grumbled to Adem, indicating the hole in his back, the gash in his shoulder, and the half dozen spikes in his chest.

Attack Roll: [roll0]

V for Victory
2010-02-12, 08:41 AM
The half-orc continues to laugh as blood squirts out of his mouth. His laughter fades as he bleeds out. dead

Freshmeat
2010-02-14, 11:24 AM
Ignoring Tarnon's objection to wanton property damage, Thorak grabs his belongings.

"Good show, everyone!" he says with a hearty laugh, still pleased at the recent bloodshed. Then, to Vorin "You too, my fuzzy friend!"

He snorts and spits some blood on the ground.
"Don't think we're much welcome here in this bar anymore, so we might as well pack up and find us another place to sleep tonight. Hopefully they're a little smarter there. Or hopefully not, heh."

Demons_eye
2010-02-14, 12:16 PM
Adem brings the dagger to the orcs throat and attempts to slice it "Vorin needs bandages"

[roll0]
[roll1]