PDA

View Full Version : Isrisulus [IC]

Xsesiv
2010-01-29, 04:53 PM
In the middle of the evening, four weather-beaten and travel-stained adventurers crest the small east hill and look down into the valley, where the outer border of a small, quaint-looking town lies a hundred yards or so ahead of them.

Among them are a huge, burly, bowlegged but surprisingly attractive half-orc woman carrying a large axe, a short, big-boned, chubby, ponytailed but academic-looking gentleman, and another human male, taller, younger, leaner, fitter and altogether more nimble.

"Sylvane, if I'm not wrong," says the chubby, ponytailed man, Turom Stark, with perfect diction and in a way that suggests he is very rarely wrong.

As they approach the town, they can make out the writing above the nearest tavern, declaring it to be called the Golden Gables. The town, Sylvane if Stark is right, seems oddly quiet, though a few commoners dressed in green, brown and rust-coloured wool can be seen shuffling about collecting supplies; food, water and such. Normally at this time, people would be rushing to buy from market stalls before they closed for the night in time for the vendors to eat their dinner. They nod politely at the travellers, but mostly seem quiet and aloof.

littlebottom
2010-01-29, 06:14 PM
the female orc currently carrys a large and shiney bladed 2-handed axe over her shoulder. her clothing (what little of it there is to speak of) barely covers everything up. but if you stay in her company for any longer than a couple of minutes you will realise shes not the brightest button. infact shes a rather steriotypical female barbarian. and to this end, upon entering the town she says "to the tavern, lads?"

Morby
2010-01-30, 05:28 PM
The nimble human wearing simple dark blue clothing muddied by travels trails slightly behind the group. An unpolished hand-and-a-half sword, an apt fit for his personality, is sheathed across his back.

Tavern? If there's anything good in this place, I guess it's going to be there.

"Sounds good." he responds, continuing to lag somewhat behind.

Xsesiv
2010-01-30, 06:15 PM
Turom Stark hefts the crossbow he carries over his shoulders and continues at a brisk pace - for one so hefty, he is in surprisingly good shape, one of his many points of pride.

From a distance, from the outside, the half-timbered alehouse looks tacky, due to the fact that its gables are painted bright yellow. It reveals itself, once inside, to be plushly and tastefully decorated. Doors, bearing the sign "Private", stand in the left and far walls and an oaken bar is set against the right. A round man dressed in the apron of an innkeeper with sunken eyes coughs occasionally behind it.

At a single corner table are the only four patrons. A man with jet-black hair and piercing dark-blue eyes, dressed in a crimson tunic over chainmail, watches you as you enter. Along with him are an older, grey-haired but not unattractive woman dressed in heavy green robes, a long-haired, ugly, athletic-looking man dressed in the current fashion of tight leather, and a overweight but brawny, shirtless half-orc, but they are too busy gulping goblets of mead, chomping mutton and slurping a thick stew to pay you much notice.

littlebottom
2010-01-31, 06:51 PM
fleshcleaver, her self-given name, walks up to a table with large strides, anyone who cares to take a closer look notices the abundance of piercings, she has several in her ears, one through her nose, one on her left eyebrow and 2 of the other, and yet another through her bottom lip. another resides within her belly button. she has other piercings too, should anyone bother to look for them... although her armour is somewhat reavealing anyway, so you might find out even if you wernt intending to, from certain angles or as she walks. the peircings themselves were not so unusual, what was unusual, is that they were mostly made of precious metals, or they glinted with gems.

"get us something to drink, i got the table." she says to her comrades as she places her axe down beside her.

Xsesiv
2010-01-31, 07:03 PM
Stark walks off to the bar and quietly asks the barman what he has to drink. Apparently by second nature, as a way to increase revenue every time someone inquires, the barman rattles off the evening's menu in a loud, booming, rumbling voice that sits oddly with the hacking cough he seems to suffer from. Those sitting at the corner table roll their eyes, as though they have seen this before. "This evening, we have my own home-brewed, oak-matured mead, fresh venison and vegetable stew!" roars the barkeep.

While this is going on, the black-haired man sees the axe brandished by Fleshcleaver, the crossbow and shortsword hanging from Stark's baldrics, and the bastard sword on the second man's back and his eyes light up. Ambling over to the group, he takes a seat at the table, dabs a few drops of broth from the corners of his mouth and says in a smooth, oily voice, "Hello, my friends. You seem well-armed and -armoured. Would you call yourselves adventurers? For we are in dire need of heroic types around here."

littlebottom
2010-01-31, 07:15 PM
"would i call myself an adventurer? well i dont call myself one, but many others seem to call me it. my names fleshcleaver. an' when you say you need heroic types... do you mean you need someone to do some killing? if so, ill happily oblige!"

lord renex1
2010-01-31, 08:12 PM
A man walks over, coming from outside he wears a longsword and looks as if he just got hit by lightning He nods slightly, looking not at anyone but rather over their shoulders.

Xsesiv
2010-01-31, 08:52 PM
The black-haired man regards the newcomer as he enters, before introducing himself. "I am Yondale Tomlin, sheriff of Sylvane. As you can see, our town has been stricken with a disease. Don’t touch the skin of those who seem sick and you should be all right. Best just to keep your distance from everyone altogether if you can. This plague has been hard on us. If you’re up for a bit of adventure, we have a proposition for you." He waits for an answer, then continues, regardless of what it is. "We have need of gold to help buy medicine, food, and water. Unfortunately, our baron was a greedy cur. He died from the disease, but his pustulant bones still walk the halls of his Manor. If you can clear out the baron and his servants, you can keep half his treasure as a reward. We’ll use the rest for the suffering here."

littlebottom
2010-01-31, 08:56 PM
"gold? pure gold?" fleshcleaver picks up her axe and slings across her shoulder "want us to go now?"

lord renex1
2010-01-31, 09:02 PM
Interesting
where is this man's home
He turns to fleshcleaver
are there any more in your adventuring group?

littlebottom
2010-01-31, 09:07 PM
Fleshcleaver nods, and simply motions towards the other two. "yeah, them pair are with me been traveling togeather for a little while now. they not as impressive as me in a fight, but they both good company!"

Morby
2010-01-31, 09:09 PM
The nimble man steps forwards when mentioned, "Hope you know how to use that sword you've got there."

4is111
2010-01-31, 09:28 PM
A young woman in a long cloak looks up from her seat.
"Purhaps I may be of some assistance. I may not look it, but I can handle myself in a fight and I'm good with traps."
She takes out a pair of crutches, and with them gets out of her seat and approaches the rest of the group.

Xsesiv
2010-01-31, 09:29 PM
The man looks around over the few members of this adventuring group and nods. "The manor is about a mile north of town. But the state of the roads isn't the best, so I suggest you stay till morning before you set off. Have some of this marvellous stew on me."

He counts out his few copper coins onto the table and moves away to confer with his companions at the corner table. Stark returns to the table bearing several flagons of mead. "What did he want?" he asks.

littlebottom
2010-01-31, 09:43 PM
"he wanted us to rob some guy and split the money with them... i dont see why, its not like they are going to help us get the gold."

4is111
2010-01-31, 09:44 PM
"What does a mayor hire a swordwoman for? He wants her to go clear out some skeletons in the baron's manor. Kind of ironic for a woman named 'Fleshcleacer'. My name is Morra. I offered to help.

Morby
2010-01-31, 09:51 PM
"Don't see you swinging a blade with those crutches."

4is111
2010-01-31, 09:56 PM
"You want to bet?"
Morra raises one of her crutches into the air and squeezes the handle. A blade flips out and looks into posission.
"Appearances can be deceaving. You'll do well to learn this."

littlebottom
2010-01-31, 10:00 PM
"yeah, your tough woman demeanour is decieving, cus theres an easy target in you."

4is111
2010-01-31, 10:04 PM
"I don't mean to look tough, and there's no denying that I am a cripple. I'm simple saying that I ment every word about being able to hold my own in a fight."

littlebottom
2010-01-31, 10:06 PM
"i almost feel inclined to challenge you... but im a bit busy with my drink." fleshcleaver guzzles down her mead and looks across at the "black-haired man" and yells "are all the drinks on you tonight?"

Xsesiv
2010-01-31, 10:09 PM
Stark listens to the pissing contest flow back and forth. He almost feels inclined to say "I don't need to hear this," and head to bed, but he knows he won't be able to sleep if he does.

"No!" calls the black-haired man, whose name is Yondale Tomlin. "Those coins I gave you were for food, so you can be at top strength when you go after the money. They're my last few coins. I can't rightly tax starving people."

littlebottom
2010-01-31, 10:16 PM
fleshcleaver goes up to the bar and fetches a few more drinks and goes to talk to the other half-orc in the tavern. "so what brings you here" she says in fairly fluent orchish.

Xsesiv
2010-01-31, 10:23 PM
"The boat, stupid," says the dim-witted half-orc, apparently more concerned with gobbling down his venison than with a conversation.

littlebottom
2010-01-31, 10:33 PM
she decides not to push it at the moment, and goes back to drinking at her old table. she continues this till drunk or everyone else goes to sleep. or unless asked a question etc.

Xsesiv
2010-01-31, 11:08 PM
Very little else happens that night.

The next morning brings with it a surprisingly heavy shower that rattles on the windows, waking everybody up, whether they rented rooms in the inn or slept on the tavern floor. Either way, when they awaken, they see Stark, who runs on far less sleep than most, already up and dressed, as usual, eating a hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs and buttered bread, with plates of the same set out for everyone. Tomlin, who left for his house a couple of hours after dusk, arrives, flanked by his associates, a few minutes later, their clothes dampened and hair soaked flat to their heads.

"Ready to help a poor, starving village, then, my friends?" he asks, rubbing his hands together briskly. "We will take you a quarter-mile up the road towards the Manor, but then we must return to the town to look after its affairs."

lord renex1
2010-02-01, 08:50 AM
before we go I should know the names of my companians
Corwin looks around, and sees that he is the only one awake,
He grumbles and starts sharpening his sword

4is111
2010-02-01, 03:02 PM
Morra spent the night out of town. She returns late in the morning, drenched by the rain.
"I am called 'Morra'. May I have your name?"

lord renex1
2010-02-01, 05:38 PM
Corwin Sphilkur, at your service

4is111
2010-02-01, 05:51 PM
"We are going to be working together, are we not? I wonder, what do you bring to the team?"

lord renex1
2010-02-01, 06:01 PM
I am a son of the moon, what about you

littlebottom
2010-02-01, 06:32 PM
Fleshcleaver wakes up and adjusts her clothing/armour and tucks into brekfast listening only lightly to whats going on until she finishes eating.

"a son of the moon? how did you get here from space?" she asks rather seriously, before it dawns on her you are not being literal.

4is111
2010-02-01, 06:37 PM
"Though I am loath to say it, I share Ms. NounVerber's confusion. I suppose I could be called a daughter of the sea if we're going to be metiphorical about this, but for the sake of time if nothing else, I implore you; speak plainly."

lord renex1
2010-02-01, 07:50 PM
I am a were panther

4is111
2010-02-01, 09:03 PM
"And I'm a hydromancer, though I wonder what use you'll be without the moon to guide you."

lord renex1
2010-02-02, 07:07 PM
I do not need the moon to... "change", but rather I use a force within me, also my chosen proffession is a fighter so I'd still be able to help

4is111
2010-02-02, 07:21 PM
"Alright then. As I mentioned early, I'm good with traps. Anything else we need to do before heading out?"

Xsesiv
2010-02-03, 01:40 PM
"I hope not, as we really should be going. A sherrif needs to be in town as much as he can," says Tomlin. "Come along."

The manor lies about a mile north of the town along what was once a well-kept road. The recent exodus and a heavy rain has turned it into a muddy ruin at the moment, however. The manor is reasonably well-kept, though the repairs on it do not look pretty, kept to a bare minimum. Given the gloom of the recent rain, its patches of peeling paint and missing shingles make it look far more run-down than it truly is.

A black iron fence surrounds the manor, and the front and rear gates are padlocked. No movement can be seen from inside. "Here is where we will leave you," says Tomlin, then moves back towards the town and finally turning back a little too theatrically. "Unless there is anything else you need?"

littlebottom
2010-02-03, 07:07 PM
"just to clarify, we break in, kill them all, take the gold, right? i dont wanna get the village running us outta town for doing the wrong thing"

Xsesiv
2010-02-03, 07:27 PM
"Why would they? The gold's going to alleviate their suffering. Now, goodbye." Tomlin sets off towards the town, flanked by his friends.

littlebottom
2010-02-03, 07:36 PM
fleshcleaver grins an evil grin, and walks upto the front gate to see if it opens via force.

Xsesiv
2010-02-03, 07:42 PM
It doesn't.

littlebottom
2010-02-03, 07:43 PM
aiming at the padlock, fleshcleaver hacks at it a few times to see if it breaks.

Xsesiv
2010-02-03, 07:44 PM
Either the padlock is very strong, there is too much give in the chain, or you are not hitting it hard enough - any way you look at it, the padlock doesn't break.

littlebottom
2010-02-03, 07:48 PM
"looks like were going over, ill give you all a leg up." fleshcleaver crouches down with her back to the gate, her hands cupped infront of her, awaiting for people to accept the lift up.

Morby
2010-02-03, 08:12 PM
The nimble man glances briefly to the lock and smirks "Strong lock, must mean he's got a lot of gold to protect." He gives a small clap, happy with his deduction before putting a foot in Fleshcleaver's cupped hands to hop the fence.

Xsesiv
2010-02-03, 08:15 PM
The lift Fleshcleaver gives on her huge frame is enough to get him onto the other side of the fence easily. Heavier or less nimble people have a disadvantage, as Stark finds out as he puts a foot into her hands and attempts to hoist himself over.

[roll0] (as it is easy to climb, there is a +4 bonus to effective skill.)

With great effort, he drags himself over the top of the fence and clambers down the other side.

lord renex1
2010-02-04, 07:39 PM
Corwin moves into place
lets get this over with

3d6+2

littlebottom
2010-02-04, 07:55 PM
a roll in this system is 3d6, not a d20, and i would be careful on the forums showing a "roll doesnt match post" thingie warning, if we see it too often, people will think you are cheating, so just be careful when rolling, and make sure you get it right, first time

lord renex1
2010-02-04, 09:51 PM
a roll in this system is 3d6, not a d20, and i would be careful on the forums showing a "roll doesnt match post" thingie warning, if we see it too often, people will think you are cheating, so just be careful when rolling, and make sure you get it right, first time

thank you, I'll be more carefull

3d6+2

Xsesiv
2010-02-08, 06:54 AM
Rolling for the others, because I'm sick of waiting.

[roll0]
[roll1] (at -4 for having no legs)

Morra has no trouble getting over the wall, but the were-panther fails to hoist himself over the top.

4is111
2010-02-08, 02:35 PM
Oh, you were waiting for me!? I can't make any rolls until RL lets me finish my character sheet. I'll hopefully have it done tonight, but until then please don't let me slow you down. If need be Morra can wait outside and catch up later.

lord renex1
2010-02-08, 08:03 PM
do I get a bonus if i have my claws out :belkar:

Xsesiv
2010-02-09, 03:34 PM
Absolutely not, unless you want to blunt them on the iron fence. Also, kindly make questions in the OoC thread. I'm going to fudge these rolls, however, as if you all end up thwarted by a fence, the game might be less interesting than I had planned.

The doors and windows to the Manor are similarly locked, but some basic picking or a well-placed kick opens them easily enough.

As soon as you have got the door open, you see an only fairly furnished but well-maintained entrance hall; side tables standing by each door and carpets lying on the floor, tapestries hanging from the walls. Eight yards or so ahead a staircase leads up straight ahead. Doors lead off to the left and right of the entrance, to the right of the staircase, and one facing you leading into a room to the staircase's left. You hear a strange sound, like fingernails scraping on wood and the dull thump of light footsteps.

4is111
2010-02-09, 05:17 PM
"Where is that coming from? I hope you're ready, warrior."

littlebottom
2010-02-09, 06:01 PM
"of course im ready! im never not ready! and dont you forget it!" if fleshcleaver can figure out the direction of the footsteps, she will charge, axe raised!

Xsesiv
2010-02-09, 06:10 PM
Fleshcleaver rushes towards the door ahead that you are all facing, kicks it down, and sees a sickly creature. The thing is vaguely human, but it has stark white skin stretched tight over its bony frame. It is mostly bald with a few wisps of white hair, jagged teeth, coal-black eyes, and long ragged nails. Curiously, its legs have been chopped off at the knees, and it leaves a dark bloody smear wherever it crawls. The thing glares at Fleshcleaver and hisses, before another eleven of them crawl from other rooms.

For all who can see it (Fleshcleaver, anyone following her, or anyone looking in, a Fear check at -2.)

littlebottom
2010-02-09, 06:13 PM
[roll0] fear check -2

4is111
2010-02-09, 06:18 PM
"Ough! Its... what sort of..."fear check vs 13 [roll0]"Just put them out of our misery as quickly as you can."

littlebottom
2010-02-09, 06:22 PM
Fleshcleaver bears her teeth and gets to work energetically slashing more limbs off.

[roll0]

Xsesiv
2010-02-09, 06:23 PM
Stark's roll

[roll0] at -2

littlebottom
2010-02-09, 06:26 PM
for damage: [roll0]

Xsesiv
2010-02-09, 06:56 PM
Fleshcleaver smashes her huge axe into the monster's chest like a woodcutter splitting a fallen log. [roll0]

The creature seems entirely unaffected by the blow and keeps on coming, as the other elevn crawl from rooms and down the stairs.

4is111
2010-02-09, 07:03 PM
"What black magic could do this? Ms. Fleshreaver, fall back to us so that I don't harm you with my magic!"
Casting Simple Illusionvs 13 [roll0] magery to maintain control vs 16 [roll1] Morra chants words of power and an appairently bottomless casum appears across the room, but it is narrow enough for Fleshreaver to jump back.

Xsesiv
2010-02-09, 07:10 PM
The crawler crawls straight through the illusion and continues towards you. Nearby, there is a horrible thud as one of them has pulled itself over the upstairs banister and fallen to the ground floor. Stark shoots at one with his crossbow. [roll0]

4is111
2010-02-09, 07:14 PM
"Interesting."
Consentrate Action
A great wall of iron jets up from the pit, blocking Morra and Stark from the view of anything on the other side.

Xsesiv
2010-02-09, 07:18 PM
After a short scrabble in front of the wall the crawler realises it is not touching it and crawls through. Meanwhile, the other crawlers are close enough for you to spit on them. [roll0] The crossbow bolt shears into the crawler's face but does very little harm.

4is111
2010-02-09, 07:24 PM
"This isn't working. I'll be back, don't worry!"
Morra slips out the door and around the corner with the intent to break line of sight with the creatures.
OOC: I'm off for tonight. Don't want to get to far ahead of lb.

littlebottom
2010-02-09, 07:32 PM
"IT BLEEDS, SO IT WILL DIE!" fleashcleaver is near rage as she aims to take off heads.

[roll0] to hit.
[roll1] damage if hit

Xsesiv
2010-02-09, 07:34 PM
There is a vicious whump as the creature's head is cut nearly off. It seems to want to continue, but then slumps dead to the floor and vanishes in a puff of viscous smoke.

Xsesiv
2010-02-11, 06:46 PM
One of the creatures digs its inch-long claws into Stark's thigh and he gives a yelp, turns around and slashes the crawler with his short sword, doing little damage. One of them attacks the were-panther. [roll0] It misses, but still goes for him.

littlebottom
2010-02-11, 06:57 PM
seeing her allies having trouble fleashcleaver aims for the closest threat to them.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Xsesiv
2010-02-11, 07:01 PM
Fleshcleaver's axe rips through a crawler's chest, smashing it into three pieces, and it disintegrates into the foul, slimy-looking smoke just as the last one did.

Xsesiv
2010-02-11, 07:08 PM
What is the +3 bonus for? One of the monstrosities balances on its stumps and hurls itself at Morra with uncanny force. Luckily it misses her and lands flat on its face.

[roll0]

lord renex1
2010-02-11, 07:12 PM
dang it, die!
he swings at the crawler coming at him

[roll0]

4is111
2010-02-11, 08:45 PM
"I had hoped I wouldn't have to resort to direct violence, but if it has come to this..."
Morra steps back and deploys the blade at the end of her crutch.

littlebottom
2010-02-11, 08:50 PM
getting into a rythm now, fleshcleaver continues to hack away with axe and boot.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Xsesiv
2010-02-11, 08:51 PM
The axe slices away both of a crawler's right limbs and it melts away into the foul smoke.

Morby
2010-02-12, 11:24 AM
The nimble man draws his sword and stands ready for any foe approaching him while watching to see where his assistance will be most helpful.

4is111
2010-02-12, 02:45 PM
Morra slashes at the thing with her blade. Roll vs 8 [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Xsesiv
2010-02-12, 04:40 PM
Stark slashes at a creature with his shortsword. [roll0]

@Morra: Make a DX test or fall down (whilst swinging at the creature, all your weight is on a single square inch of crutch).

4is111
2010-02-12, 06:59 PM
Alright, but about half of it is on the crutch and the other half of it is on my tail.
vs 10 [roll0]

Xsesiv
2010-02-12, 08:03 PM
After hack upon hack at the weird creatures, they die and melt into pools of smoke. After six have gone to smoke, the rest also disappear, and there is no sound or sight of anything strange at all.

littlebottom
2010-02-12, 08:05 PM
after they dissapear fleshcleaver breaths short sharp heavy breaths as she gently calms down. "whered they go?" she eventually asks.

Xsesiv
2010-02-12, 08:17 PM
"I'm no magic expert, but "whence they came" strikes me as the best guess."

Stark says, crouching down to nurse the finger-deep gash in his thigh. He stands back up and winds his crossbow. "Well, shall we begin this search then? Where shall we start?"

littlebottom
2010-02-12, 09:06 PM
"basement?"

4is111
2010-02-13, 10:02 AM
"I'd guess the master bedroom or study, but the basement seems good too."

littlebottom
2010-02-13, 07:50 PM
"this place might not even have a basement, so i think we should find out and if so, go there, work our way up then."

fleshcleaver eventually gives up waiting and marches off in hope of finding something more interesting than the current room...

Xsesiv
2010-02-13, 08:51 PM
The door she opens leads into a dining room, dominated by a large dining table, four chairs still around it. A dark, bloody smear colours the table, a large chip cut out of it with a sword or greataxe. More grisly, in the corner is another pool of blood, with an older woman lain in a heap in it. The room, you sense, is utterly drenched in evil. On the left wall is another door, hanging wide open and revealing a kitchen with a stove, a cask of wine spilled over the floor like blood, and a dumbwaiter to the room above.

littlebottom
2010-02-13, 08:58 PM
"not much in here it seems, but better check the body just incase" fleshcleaver heads over to the body, axe still in hand.

Xsesiv
2010-02-13, 09:01 PM
The body does very little, which is markedly unsurprising, what with its being dead.

4is111
2010-02-13, 10:34 PM
"I think I may be ill, but as much as I respect the dead, we've already been attacked by corpses once today. Purhaps you should see that this one does not follow suit."

littlebottom
2010-02-14, 02:44 PM
"its not what were here for, leave it be." fleshcleaver looks around for any sort of thing that could constitute a clue.

lord renex1
2010-02-14, 06:24 PM
*growls*whatever magic this is, get ready to face it.
As he says this one of his hands growns sharp black nails while the other reforms as human, also he grows a small mussle with long curving teeth

Xsesiv
2010-02-14, 07:23 PM
I can't make top nor tail of what you just said.

Fleshcleaver doesn't find any secret doors or the like, but then, they wouldn't be very secret would they?

lord renex1
2010-02-14, 07:28 PM
for those who don't get it, I just turned into a hybrid were-panther

(which is possible, I checked)

littlebottom
2010-02-14, 07:56 PM
Fleshcleaver sighs, and decides to head upstairs, the one place that we know we havnt checked yet.

lord renex1
2010-02-14, 08:39 PM
Corwin follows fleshcleaver up the stairs, growling softly to himself

Xsesiv
2010-02-14, 09:01 PM
The stairs lead up to a landing that stretches all around the staircase and back towards the front of the house. On your right are two doors, on your left three. All of their doors hang open and possessions lie strewn everywhere. One clearly belonged to the baron, two to servants of his. One is a bedroom but void of personal effects, and one is a study.

littlebottom
2010-02-14, 09:03 PM
"i do believe that we can take what we wish, as the deal was only for the gold and even then we get some of that." fleshcleaver will start rumaging through the personal belongings of the baron

Xsesiv
2010-02-14, 09:09 PM
Nothing of any real value seems to be in the baron's room - his bedsheets and curtains look old and worn, more comfortable than natty. His bed itself has been torn to pieces. The only "treasures" here, if you are inclined to so call them, are a few bookcases full of books of art, literature and poetry. Most are old and worn, but one book of sophistries, entitled No Present, Only the Recent Past and Near Future. Or, How Soon Is Now? looks completely new.

littlebottom
2010-02-14, 09:10 PM
looking at the bookcase fleshcleaver grunts and moves onto the next room to search, regarding the bookcase as nothing of value.

Xsesiv
2010-02-14, 09:15 PM
The next room belonged to a hardy-looking groundskeeper. You can tell this as he has been hacked to bits in the middle of the room. He had few possessions of any value.

littlebottom
2010-02-14, 09:19 PM
fleshcleaver again continues to the next room, hoping for a bit of a break.

Xsesiv
2010-02-14, 09:21 PM
The next room is the Baron's study. A set of journals has been ripped to bits and lies in tatters on the floor. Books on the history of Sylvane and accounting lie about the room as well.

littlebottom
2010-02-14, 09:23 PM
still fleshcleaver moves onto the next room.

Xsesiv
2010-02-14, 09:24 PM
This was a guest bedroom. There is a bedside table and the bed's clean white sheets lie everywhere but there is a distinct lack of any personal effects.

littlebottom
2010-02-14, 09:25 PM
fleshcleaver marches onto the next and last room.

Xsesiv
2010-02-14, 09:27 PM
This belonged to another servant. Small trinkets and letters from her family lie scattered about the place.

littlebottom
2010-02-14, 09:28 PM
fleshcleaver inspects the belongings more closely, even the clothing, as fleshcleaver lacks much in the way of feminin clothing, its not like she would wear it often but sometimes its just nice to have.

Xsesiv
2010-02-14, 09:31 PM
The belongings don't comprise many particularly feminine outfits. They are the clothes of a domestic servant and especially demure ones, such as might be worn by an older maid or cook.

There is however, a finished letter to some daughter in a far off country. The maid who calls herself Ida speaks kindly of the Baron in it, and doesn't mention any treasure, hidden or otherwise.

littlebottom
2010-02-14, 09:39 PM
"he may of kept it well hidden, or it might have nothing to do with him... either way, theres more to this than we thought."

lord renex1
2010-02-14, 09:40 PM
Corwin follows closely looking rather wary of the whole thing,
after this last room he lets out an exasperated sigh,
seriously where the heck does this guy keep his valuables
He stalks out of the room searching for a wall or something to hit, finally near the staircase he hits the banister.
Than realising they must have missed something he goes back into the study and pulls out the new looking book

Morby
2010-02-14, 10:07 PM
The nimble man leans against a wall in the study bored.

"No gold, nothing to loot, and no sign as to what made those things. Why are we still here?"

Xsesiv
2010-02-14, 10:12 PM
As the book is pulled, a catch is released and two sliding panels around the dumbwaiter hatch move aside, revealing it to be much bigger thasn your average dumbwaiter. Typical of a Baron, to disguise a large elevator as a small elevator.

lord renex1
2010-02-14, 10:17 PM
guys... I think I found something
Corwin steps back in surprise.

littlebottom
2010-02-14, 10:22 PM
fleshcleaver steps inside "its physically impossible that someone is down here due to the fact they couldnt hide it afterwards from up here if they were down there" fleshcleaver attempts to use the lift... in some way shape or form.

Xsesiv
2010-02-14, 10:24 PM
Inside is a winch with a rope through it that extends through the ceiling and floor. When wound, it lurches downwards into a dark shaft.

littlebottom
2010-02-14, 10:28 PM
fleshcleaver does so to scout ahead, expecting everyone to follow

lord renex1
2010-02-14, 10:30 PM
Corwin follows,
hurry he calls up behind him

Xsesiv
2010-02-14, 10:31 PM
The lift goes all the way down the shaft, passing the kitchen, and then on...Finally, it reaches a tunnel, carved out of the earth and shored up with wooden props. It is almost absolutely dark, and as soon as Fleshcleaver exits the llift, five of the crawlers leap at her, biting, clawing, doing whatever they can to hurt her.

littlebottom
2010-02-14, 10:34 PM
"AH HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAA! THIS MUST BE THE WAY!" fleshclever screams with rage as she begins to hack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Xsesiv
2010-02-14, 10:36 PM
There is a horrible splattering crunch as Fleshcleaver smashes through her creature and it turns to slimy-looking mist.

lord renex1
2010-02-14, 10:36 PM
Corwin lets out a roar and charges into the fray hacking biting and clawing

[roll2]

lord renex1
2010-02-14, 10:51 PM
hack hack hack away hack at the slimy monster

[roll0]

Xsesiv
2010-02-17, 09:55 AM
The monsters die individually and then as a group, melting into pools of sludgy smoke. The tunnel, you can now see, curves to the right ahead.

lord renex1
2010-02-17, 05:46 PM
can we see?

should we move forward?

littlebottom
2010-02-17, 06:25 PM
if visability is low, fleshcleaver will moan at the others to hurry up and get a viable light source togeather, muttering under her breath that humans cant see in the dark so that makes them pathetic or something along those lines.

if we can see fine, then i will go follow the corridor round to the right "follow close behind."

Xsesiv
2010-02-17, 06:29 PM
You can see...OK.

Around the corner is a small room, about ten by ten. But this doesn't interest you. What does is the contents. You are practically shin-deep in gold coins and jewellery. however, a corpse in Baron's clothing, its legs hacked off at the knees, also sits up and drags itself towards you at ridiculous speed, followed by ten of the crawling creatures. Make another Fear check at -2, as the hideous undead nobleman drags himself towards you.

lord renex1
2010-02-17, 06:34 PM
holy crap
puts his sword away and than jumps back into the shadows muttering franticly

littlebottom
2010-02-17, 06:41 PM
Fear: [roll0] Fleashcleaver almost screams for joy when she sees the gold, but is stopped moments before doing so by the sight of the attackers.

lord renex1
2010-02-17, 06:50 PM
[roll0]

growls fill the room

Morby
2010-02-17, 09:15 PM
The nimble man heads down the lift hearing the yelling of the others.

Fear from when the nimble man gets to the encounter [roll0]

Xsesiv
2010-02-19, 06:43 PM
[roll0]

Stark fires his crossbow at the creature while it pulls itself towards Fleshcleaver and takes a wild swing, meaning to punch her in the leg.
[roll1][roll2]

lord renex1
2010-02-19, 06:54 PM
corwin morphs into a panther

4is111
2010-02-20, 12:36 AM
fear vs 13 [roll0]
"Corwin, I'm going to empower you with my water magic. Be ready."
Morra begins to chant the hymn of Body of Water.

lord renex1
2010-02-20, 01:36 PM
Corwin growls in response to Morra and tenses to spring the moment she is done

Xsesiv
2010-02-20, 02:09 PM
The crossbow bolt thuds into the Baron's chest and comes out the other side as he rears to hit Fleshcleaver. Meanwhile, the Baron hits her for [roll0] damage.

4is111
2010-02-20, 02:14 PM
Morra continues to chant the second bar.
OOC: This spell takes five seconds to cast. Unfortunately, Morra can't tell you this because if she stops singing she'll lose the spell.

littlebottom
2010-02-20, 07:26 PM
fleshcleaver pulls her leg away as the baron slashes at it. returning her own attacks viciously at him

[roll0]
[roll1]

Xsesiv
2010-02-20, 07:33 PM
The swing of the greataxe severs one of the Baron's arms, and each crawler instantly loses the corresponding arm. The other crawlers are advancing at a slow but steady rate, so Stark steps back and winds his crossbow.

4is111
2010-02-20, 08:28 PM
Morra continues to chant the third bar.

Xsesiv
2010-02-22, 10:30 AM
Two of the crawlers attack Corwin and Morra, while one chases and attacks Stark, one goes for the as yet unnamed nimble man, and another hurls itself at Fleshcleaver.

[roll0] Corwin 1
[roll1] Corwin 2
[roll2] Morra 1
[roll3] Morra 2
[roll4] Fleshcleaver
[roll5] Stark
[roll6] *?*

4is111
2010-02-22, 02:39 PM
Morra rolls back and stuggles to maintain her spell.
Dodge vs 8 [roll0]
Will to keep spell vs 12 [roll1]
Dodge vs 8 - damage from first attack [roll2]
Will to keep spell vs 12 - damage from first attack [roll3]
She continues to sing the fourth bar.

lord renex1
2010-02-22, 05:45 PM
Corwin claws at the crawler that is going for Morra while trying to make it easy for Morra to chant.

[roll0]
[roll1]

littlebottom
2010-02-22, 07:07 PM
still hacking at the barron.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Morby
2010-02-22, 07:34 PM
The nimble man attempts to side-step the attack before assisting Fleshcleaver against the Baron.

Dodge (9): [roll0]
Attack (16): [roll1]
Damage if hit: [roll2]

Xsesiv
2010-02-23, 12:38 PM
The crawler strikes Corwin easily, doing [roll0] damage. Meanwhile, Fleshcleaver cleaves the Baron's skull just as the nimble man (who really needs a name) dodges right into the path of another crawler. As the Baron dies, the crawlers disintegrate and the man is hit only by a puff of smoke. The room is now empty, except, of course, for the tonnes of gold.

4is111
2010-02-23, 10:38 PM
OOC: In your system, can I dissipate the magical energy harmlessly without a check, or not?
Assuming I can't:
Morra finishes the fifth bar.
Body of Water vs 13 to cast the spell: [roll0]
Magery to prevent random stuff from happening vs 16 [roll1]
Morra collapses in a puddle of water before drawing herself back up into her normal shape. She is now liquid.

littlebottom
2010-02-24, 06:14 PM
"only one word comes to mind, the holy word of pinching... YOINK!" fleshcleaver dives into the piles of gold and jewls and almost wants to roll around in it. "shame we gotta give some of it away... they asked for half yeah? what if we only take like half of this out and give them half of that, then come back for the rest?"

4is111
2010-02-24, 06:19 PM
*gurgle* "How could we justify returning here? I assume they'll at least try to reclaim the building." *gurgle*

Xsesiv
2010-02-24, 06:35 PM
A call comes from the dumb waiter. The voice gradually becomes recognisable as that of Tomlin. "Right, you lot. Kreak," (he pronounces it "Krake") "here has followed you in. We're sending the lift down, and you'll fill it with gold, and we'll bring it back up till there's none left. If you try and take any, we'll cut the rope and leave you to rot in there, and we'll have people dig the vault up."

littlebottom
2010-02-24, 06:41 PM
"ok!" shouts up fleshcleaver, who promptly takes an armfull of gold and dumps it slightly outside the lift and repeats this a couple of times before stepping inside the life with axe ready to do some killing on some cheating gits. "thats the first lot, take it up!"

Xsesiv
2010-02-24, 06:48 PM
They pull the lift up a few feet. "Feels a bit light for piles of gold," says a cultured woman's voice, as they finish pulling it up.

Seconds later, Fleshcleaver is met with Tomlin in his chainmail brandishing a sword, the rogue, Kreak, with a rapier and a claw-shaped dagger, the green-robed old woman wielding a warhammer with suprising skill, and the large half-orc with a halberd held in one hand while he winds the winch with the other, all the weapons brought to bear on her.

littlebottom
2010-02-24, 06:50 PM
"that golds heavy you know, so i thought you could use someone like me to help winch it." she brandishes her muscles, non phased by the weapons. playing dumb.

Xsesiv
2010-02-24, 06:52 PM
They don't move an inch, except that the half-orc brings his other hand onto his halberd. "Why didn't you bring it up with you, then? If you don't go straight back down and get it, we'll kill you and send your body down the lift as an example."

littlebottom
2010-02-24, 06:54 PM
"but if i brought the gold up with me it would be too heavy, silly!"

Xsesiv
2010-02-24, 06:56 PM
"Grak, send her back down." The half-orc obligingly turns the winch, lowering Fleshcleaver out of sight. "And I don't want to see any of your ugly faces until all the gold's up here."

littlebottom
2010-02-24, 06:58 PM
fleshcleaver dumps aload of gold onto the lift, and then in a hushed voice asks if anyone has some alcohol/gun powder or a spell that may be of use.

4is111
2010-02-24, 07:17 PM
Morra speaks softly as to not let those three NPCs hear.
*gurgle* "I don't think I like their tone. I'm inclined to go up there and show them who's who, but luck for us I have a plan that won't get us killed. I'll use my magic to bewitch the gold so that they don't realize we still have it. I'll need a minute to catch my breath though. Do you have any way of distracting them?" *gurgle*

littlebottom
2010-02-24, 07:34 PM
"your made of water... why dont you just go up there and drown them by forcing yourselves down their throats? i mean its not like they can hurt you like that."

4is111
2010-02-24, 07:39 PM
*gurgle* "It isn't so simple. How strong do you think a blob of water is? I might be able to drown on of them, but then I'd probably return to my natural state, and die horrably. Then they'd kill the rest of you for trying to drown them, and take the gold. This way, I may be able to avoid a direct confrontation." *gurgle*

Xsesiv
2010-02-24, 07:50 PM
"Hurry up and get on with it," snaps Tomlin.

4is111
2010-02-24, 07:57 PM
Morra shouts up.
*gurgle* "We have a bit of a problem, moving the gold up, but it's rather complicated. If you give me a few minutes, I can explain it to you in detail." *gurgle*
Diplomacy vs 15 to get them to listen to my explination: [roll0]

Xsesiv
2010-02-24, 08:01 PM
"Actually, I'd rather not. Just get it fixed, before I send Grak down there to knock you about a bit."

4is111
2010-02-24, 08:09 PM
Again hushed:
*gurgle*"Be ready to take out this Grak quickly. I'll use my magic to conseal the fight and imitate Grak." *gurgle*
Casting Silence around the lift vs 13: [roll0]
Magery to keep random stuff from happening vs 16: [roll1]

littlebottom
2010-02-24, 08:26 PM
"you have that much faith in him? 1 man down here fighting against the guys who just cleared out the only place you couldnt? just pointing out the facts, if one of you is coming down, you might as well all come down, or not at all!"

Xsesiv
2010-02-24, 08:29 PM
"Or I could cut the rope and leave you where you are. Your choice. Now, gold, quickly, and if it's not quick enough I will send Grak down. If it doesn't come at all, I will cut the rope."

littlebottom
2010-02-24, 08:31 PM
"and leave this gold down here? i think not, and at any rate, we could survive quite happily down here, maybe a bit dull, but theres plenty of food and drink down here in the celler you know? i recon weve got about 3 years supplys down here 9 if we ration it, and even then, im not against canabalism."

4is111
2010-02-24, 08:33 PM
*gurgle* "Is he coming or not? If you won't let me explain the problem, then at least send him down so I can show it to him." *gurgle*

Xsesiv
2010-02-24, 08:33 PM
"Fine, then. In a few years' time, I'll have people come and dig the garden up."

Tomlin slashes the rope and the lift drops to the bottom of the shaft and smashes to pieces. He and his cronies walk away laughing.

4is111
2010-02-24, 08:37 PM
*gurgle* "Well, that was easy enough. So, who wants to go make sure they're really gone before we leave?" *gurgle*

littlebottom
2010-02-24, 08:42 PM
"hahahahahaaaa, idiots!" fleshcleaver proceeds to climb ontop of the lift and takes the rope and searches for some decent shards of metal
[roll0]

lord renex1
2010-02-28, 03:52 PM
Corwin morphs back into a human for a second While I'm a Panther, I can probably jump higher than you, no offense.

littlebottom
2010-02-28, 07:16 PM
none taken, its not like i was going to jump anyway"

4is111
2010-02-28, 07:34 PM
"Can you guys get yourselves out? It will take me 45 minutes to recover my full power, but then I can levitate myself and as much gold as I can carry out."

lord renex1
2010-02-28, 07:52 PM
mm... mabye

littlebottom
2010-03-01, 11:02 AM
"well, i was just going to hammer in some footholds and climb up with some shards of metal, can you guys look round the gold for some useless metal i could use? then we can take all the gold and go anyway."

4is111
2010-03-01, 03:30 PM
"Alright, lets take a look, but unless you think you can carry me, I'll still be down here for another hour."
Seach vs 10: [roll3d6[/roll]

Xsesiv
2010-03-01, 09:34 PM
Morra finds nothing. The dumb waiter, incidentally, was entirely made out of wood with some dowel holding it together, so no metal was found by Fleshcleaver either.

littlebottom
2010-03-03, 07:32 AM
"right then, last option, ill give some one a leg up, and then someone else climb up us, they should be able to reach, use a rope then we can get the gold out without too much trouble."

4is111
2010-03-03, 08:02 PM
"Sorry, I can't help you there."

lord renex1
2010-03-03, 08:12 PM
I'll do it

littlebottom
2010-03-04, 05:54 PM
Fleshcleaver gives him a leg up, and waits for someone to climb up with a rope.

Xsesiv
2010-03-04, 05:56 PM
The werepanther climbs onto Fleshcleaver and Stark begins to clamber up them. [roll0]

Fleshcleaver: make a ST-2 test to support the weight of two people, one of them overweight.

littlebottom
2010-03-04, 06:08 PM
[roll0] i dont know what my target is though...

Xsesiv
2010-03-04, 06:13 PM
Stark takes the rope from the dumbwaiter and jumps up into the hole where the door was, securing it to the bed. "You can come up now," says he.

littlebottom
2010-03-04, 06:35 PM
"you lot start going up there, ill start getting the gold ready to go up. has anyone got a basket or bucket to tie to the end of the rope to get the gold up?"

4is111
2010-03-04, 08:46 PM
"I can not help you here. I'm sorry to have been so useless."

littlebottom
2010-03-05, 06:16 PM
fleshcleaver gives a quick look around for a bucket or basket. while the others begin climbing out...
[roll0]

Xsesiv
2010-03-05, 07:10 PM
Fleshcleaver does not find a bucket or basket and I don't know why there would be one down here anyway...

littlebottom
2010-03-05, 07:31 PM
Fleshcleaver gives up "nothing else for it..." Fleshcleaver takes off her chainmail bikini top,(this also confirms 2 more piercings beyond doubt) and ties it to the bottom of the rope and fills the cups up with gold and gems, "its gonna be slow but weve got time.... its a bit chilly isnt it."

littlebottom
2010-03-06, 10:27 PM
Whilst people continue to climb the rope, Fleashcleaver starts moving the gold closer to the shaft to make it easier to put in makeshift gold holder. she also keeps an eye out for some nice jewelery, mainly in the form of piercings opposed to necklaces and such, whether it be gold or otherwise.

lord renex1
2010-03-07, 12:17 AM
Corwin attempts to climb the rope

[roll0]

if he fails he growls at the rope and than looks around for some shiny pieces

not on other people

4is111
2010-03-07, 09:21 AM
Morra isn't very good at climbing or halling, but when her power has returned, she casts body of water on herself, then shape water to float up the shaft.

Body of Water vs 13: [roll0]
Magery vs 16: [roll1]
Shape Water vs 13: [roll2]
Magery vs 16: [roll3]
edit- Criticle failed the magery roll. That can't be good.

Xsesiv
2010-03-07, 11:48 AM
Corwin manages to climb the rope; though he more than likely failed the test it is not hard to climb a rope with a pair of walls to brace against.

Morra turns herself into water. The water then blasts itself into a fine mist which drenches the surroundings. Until the Body of Water spell wears off, Morra, being a puddle, can do nothing, but when it does, she will be reformed unharmed with a Will roll. Failure at the Will roll will have random and potentially disastrous effects.

4is111
2010-03-07, 01:03 PM
Will vs 15: [roll0]
edit- That was close :smalleek:

Morby
2010-03-08, 05:39 PM
The nimble man attempts to climb the rope and find something more appropriate for hauling the gold back up.

[roll0]
[roll1]

littlebottom
2010-03-08, 06:41 PM
"so nimble man.... whats your name?" Fleshcleaver calls up as his climbing the rope. while filling more gold into the makeshift basket.

how long is it going to take to get the gold up mr GMly?

4is111
2010-03-08, 07:02 PM
When her magic has recovered, Morra tries again.
Body of Water vs 13: [roll0]
Magery vs 16: [roll1]
Shape Water vs 13: [roll2]
Mager vs 16: [roll3]
edit- Morra rises out of the hole safely :smallcool:.

Xsesiv
2010-03-09, 06:04 AM
It will take several hours by this method, if you are quick. If you'd had the elevator, it would take a bit shorter.

littlebottom
2010-03-09, 06:13 PM
Fleshcleaver will work methodically loading the gold in time and time again, keeping her eye out for jewelry still.

Xsesiv
2010-03-09, 06:18 PM
There is a good deal of jewellery here, though not in the form of piercings, more that which a noble would wear; bracelets, armbands, rings, pendants and so on.

4is111
2010-03-09, 06:26 PM
Morra takes her chance to stash as much jewelery as she can.