PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Druid Question

Jergmo
2010-01-29, 11:06 PM
Are there any spellcasting options for trading out Wild shape? I know there's the Swift Hunter and Aspect of Nature variants, but they aren't really what I'm looking for with my particular druid.

I know that there's an option to trade out your animal companion for one of the following domains (Plant, Animal, Earth, Fire, Water, Air, Weather) from Pathfinder, but have there been any variants, homebrew or otherwise, for wild shape that deal with spellcasting?

Soranar
2010-01-29, 11:19 PM
most of your options aren't directly relied to spellcasting

Bonus to Armor Class when unarmored (as monk, including Wisdom bonus to AC), fast movement (as monk), favored enemy (as ranger), swift tracker (as ranger), Track feat (as ranger).

you lose armor proficiencies with that one

2nd

d10 health, fullplate+shield proficiency,martial weapons

3rd

electricity resistance (scaled) and various feats not related to casting

4th

gain air domain spells (a bit late though, 14) , fly , feather fall, a flying companion, high Fort saves becomes High Ref saves

5th, focused animal gives you a tougher pet (+2 to druid level)

Jergmo
2010-01-29, 11:33 PM
What are these from?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-01-30, 12:59 AM
There's the obscure UA variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druid), then there's an online archive (http://crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Classes-Base.pdf) of each variant from sources such as Dragon magazine, detailing exactly what the class loses and gains at each level for each variant.

ShippoWildheart
2010-01-30, 04:57 AM
most of your options aren't directly relied to spellcasting

2nd

d10 health, fullplate+shield proficiency,martial weapons

Uh.......... wow? I looked up this variant, and I cried at how badly it ruins a druid. Feels like a Fighter except with the option of getting divine magic. No Wildshape or Animal Companion makes me a sad druid. All that metal armor also makes it so strange and out of place.

Splendor
2010-01-30, 07:53 AM
1) I always liked the PB2 pg 39 shapeshift alternative class feature. You lose normal shapeshift and animal companion, but get a at-will shapeshift ability and more forms as you increase in level.

2) The only one that gets more spells is the Wind Walker Druid Dragon 311 pg 58.
a) They get Spontaneous casting summon nature ally or any druid spell with the air descriptor.
b) Feather fall as a spell like ability (number of times increase with level)
c) Whisper wind as spell like ability at 3rd.
d) Fly as spell like ability at 7th.
e) At 14th level gains all the air domain spells.

3) Somewhere was a alternative druid that got to pick one domain, got the granted powers and spell to add to his list... I don't have no clue where I even read about it.