PDA

View Full Version : question about charging.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-29, 11:31 PM
Okay. I'm playing a charging build Paladin. I know that the Spirited charge feat combined with the valorous enchantment on a lance equates to a quintupling but I'm wondering how the charge damage adds together exactly. I know the charge dice on a hit would be 5d8 but do I also multiply strength and power attack bonuses? So if I had a strength modifier of +4 and took a -2 penalty on a charge attack would it then deal an extra 35 damage?(it's also a dragonbone lance so I figure the extra damage from that would be multiplied as well. this is also assuming I'm wielding the lance one handed.)

I'm playing this character tomorrow and was wondering how exactly this worked.

also, if the way I think it works works like that is my DM going to hate me for playing this build?

Glimbur
2010-01-29, 11:35 PM
You generally multiply static bonuses (Str, Power Attack, Smite, etc) and not extra dice (Flaming, Sneak Attack, Skirmish, etc).

I'd like to channel Personman here and suggest you not go all out all the time, but instead keep some power in reserve for tough fights. Otherwise the DM might just upscale everything.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-29, 11:47 PM
oh I won't. Don't worry. In fact most of the time I'll be on the ground in combat.