PDA

View Full Version : D&D Drugs

Splendor
2010-01-30, 01:28 AM
Hello,

I know D&D introduced drugs in the Book of Vile Darkness and had some more in Lords of Darkness. Are there any other Wizards of the Coasts D&D books that have drugs in them?

Thanks

Harperfan7
2010-01-30, 01:32 AM
Mule Pollen from magic of faerun, but its pretty lame.

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-30, 02:10 AM
Hello,

I know D&D introduced drugs in the Book of Vile Darkness and had some more in Lords of Darkness. Are there any other Wizards of the Coasts D&D books that have drugs in them?

Thanks

Arms and Equipment guide has rules for alcohol.

TheOOB
2010-01-30, 02:14 AM
Really though, there are allready rules for poisons, and what are drugs but poisons with a smaller chance of killing their imbiders?

Harperfan7
2010-01-30, 02:20 AM
I use drugs as cheaper, not-quite-as-portable, potions with side affects (like crashes and addiction/withdrawal) that are often as illegal and black-markety as poison.

Some real drugs make people stronger (like steroids) or feel less pain (pcp), I just worked this in.

Coidzor
2010-01-30, 02:21 AM

it's paisen!

ondonaflash
2010-01-30, 02:23 AM
I make up my own drugs, and assume that the PCs won't touch them. /pray

Things like "Dragon Tar" and "Ochre Jelly Extract".

bosssmiley
2010-01-30, 10:20 AM
I use drugs as cheaper, not-quite-as-portable, potions with side affects (like crashes and addiction/withdrawal) that are often as illegal and black-markety as poison.

Some real drugs make people stronger (like steroids) or feel less pain (pcp), I just worked this in.

"Iron Heroes" did potions with inherent side effects. The drugs connotations are obvious. It's bad enough putting mundane chemicals in your body; now much havoc are magically-infused chemicals going to cause you?

Kurald Galain
2010-01-30, 10:29 AM
I recommend the Paranoia article, "Better Living Through Chemistry".

Grommen
2010-01-30, 03:15 PM
The Adventure "Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil" had a town that was partially addicted to something nasty. My cleric had to call in the rest of the Church of Illmyter to help ween everyone off the stuff. Was pretty nasty thing. Was one of the reasons that he became a Hostiplater. That and the BAB. Damm what boy could woop ass.

The old pre-WoW World of Warcraft books had a Witch Doctor class. Wile the stuff was not addicting, his Shaka brew was said to produce some "intresting" side effects.

Fendalus
2010-01-30, 03:39 PM
Sharn: City of Towers (3.5 Eberron) Had some drugs listed in it. Unfortunately, I do not have my copy with me, so I'm afraid I can't provide what exactly was in it.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-01-30, 03:41 PM

You know, last time we used the alcohol from that book, we never really drank it. We used it as a weapon.

Seriously, my paladin had recieved some frenzywater, and really wasn't interested in drinking, so he kept ir. Then I got an idea and asked the DM if my paladin could invent the Molotov Cocktail. He told me to make an Intelligence check. I passed, and thus the Redcrosse Cocktail was born (named after my character, Georg Redcrosse). :smallbiggrin:

Foryn Gilnith
2010-01-30, 06:58 PM
Unearthed Arcana has some. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/campaigns/sanity.htm#drugsandSanity)

Raging Gene Ray
2010-01-30, 09:07 PM
Unearthed Arcana has some. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/campaigns/sanity.htm#drugsandSanity)

What's this? The D&DSMV - IV?

Zeta Kai
2010-01-30, 09:25 PM

Most people use drugs to get high. :smallwink:

Foryn Gilnith
2010-01-30, 09:36 PM
I realize that Binders (with Naberius) would be ideal drug users. Drug lords? Will investigate binding-based gangs, along with warriors binding Savnok.

Nate the Snake
2010-01-30, 11:06 PM
Really though, there are allready rules for poisons, and what are drugs but poisons with a smaller chance of killing their imbiders?

Drugs are poisons with somewhat beneficial effects. The rules are essentially the same, drugs just have extra rules to deal with addiction.