PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder questions

Obahai
2010-01-30, 01:19 PM
I guess I've been living under a rock for awhile, and just heard about Pathfinders, and I was told that they fixed the critical hit system in 3.5, making it possible to deliver critical hits to monsters normally immune to critical hits. Can some one explain this to me?

Mongoose87
2010-01-30, 01:23 PM
Well, it's rather straightforward...

*clears throat*

You may now make critical hits and sneak attacks on creatures previously immune to them.

Viletta Vadim
2010-01-30, 01:26 PM
I believe the only creatures in Pathfinder who are immune to critical hits anymore are those completely devoid of any actual anatomy. In other words, oozes and ghosts.

Obahai
2010-01-30, 01:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the help

Grommen
2010-01-30, 03:01 PM
No kidding? I didn't catch on to that yet. Though I thought it weired the other night that plants could be critted. That would explain things. Ya know I'm gonna keep this under wraps till my players catch on.:smallbiggrin:

Hawriel
2010-01-30, 07:44 PM
The secret is out.

Frosty
2010-01-30, 07:57 PM
Pathfinder, despite its many detractors here, fixed many things. Criticals on most undead and constructs is definitely one of them. That said, it also doesn't fix many things, but I find it to be a tremendous source for good houserules for 3.5 play. It's Paladin, for example, is actually playable instead of the suck thatis the 3.5 Paladin.

Grommen
2010-01-31, 10:38 AM
The secret is out.

%$#$%#^&#$$&$#$#$#$^#$#$

This can't end well.

arguskos
2010-01-31, 12:12 PM
To be super technical and to quote from the sneak attack entry on the Rogue (thanks PF SRD!):

Clarification: Incorporeal creatures, oozes, swarms, and elementals (air/earth/fire/water) cannot be sneak attacked. It also appears that swarms can not be sneak attacked.

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-31, 12:13 PM
Pathfinder, despite its many detractors here, fixed many things. Criticals on most undead and constructs is definitely one of them. That said, it also doesn't fix many things, but I find it to be a tremendous source for good houserules for 3.5 play. It's Paladin, for example, is actually playable instead of the suck thatis the 3.5 Paladin.
ToB's Paladin is also a viable alternative to the 3.5 Paladin.