PDA

View Full Version : Help making a saint gestalt cleric

Os1ris09
2010-01-30, 10:43 PM
Hey GITP I got some good news. Usually everyone is wondering why my DM won't allow ToB but now he finally ok'd the book.

So now I wanted to make a

Dragonborn Warforged or Dragonborn Human (sainted [buy off lvl adjustment])

Cloistered Cleric xx/Bone Knight xx//Crusader 1/Fighter 2/Ruby Knight Vindicator xx/Prestigous Paladin 1/Ordained Champion xx/Ruby Knight Vindicator

Domains: Planning and Undeath (for extend spell and extra turning [will get a nightstick {DM said only one will work}])

Feats:

1st Adamantine Body
BF: Extend Spell
BF: Extra Turning
3rd: Persist Spell
6th: Divine Metamagic
9th:
12:
15:
18:

I do not know the prereq's for Bone Knight or Ordained Champion. So if anyone can tell me how to make this build work I would really appreciate it.

The idea with this class is that I am trying to make the most out of my combat abilities. I am hoping that I can get at least the first gestalt part and if I have to narrow the second branch down to Crusader 1/Fighter 2/ Ordained
Champion xx/ Prestige Paladin 1/ Ordained Champion xx

Also what book is the Bone Warrior in?

Eldariel
2010-01-30, 10:50 PM
Bone Knight is Five Nations; an Eberron-book. Also, has DM ok'd dual progressing PrCs in Gestalt? Also, I'd frankly use more Crusader/Adept-levels on the warrior-side; high-level maneuvers are fun.

Overall, the build looks quite doable, though e.g. small Swordsage-dip to get Wis to AC along with some fun maneuvers and prereqs for RKV might be an interesting avenue to explore.

Ordained Champ just requires you to have WF in Deity's favored weapon, Know: Reg 7 & Magic Weapon (rest is deity fluff) and Bone Knight has skill prerequisites (Craft: Armorsmith 4, Know: Reg 4, Ride 6). Others you meet automatically (+4 BAB, divine spells, turn/rebuke).

Os1ris09
2010-01-30, 10:56 PM
Bone Knight is Five Nations; an Eberron-book. Also, has DM ok'd dual progressing PrCs in Gestalt? Also, I'd frankly use more Crusader/Adept-levels on the warrior-side; high-level maneuvers are fun.

Overall, the build looks quite doable, though e.g. small Swordsage-dip to get Wis to AC along with some fun maneuvers and prereqs for RKV might be an interesting avenue to explore.

Ordained Champ just requires you to have WF in Deity's favored weapon, Know: Reg 7 & Magic Weapon (rest is deity fluff) and Bone Knight has skill prerequisites (Craft: Armorsmith 4, Know: Reg 4, Ride 6). Others you meet automatically (+4 BAB, divine spells, turn/rebuke).

DM says that if it is in text we can do it. So we can do multiple PrC's. I am happy about that.

Soonerdj
2010-01-31, 12:07 AM
I made a class like this a while ago but I must apologize for having warblade in their (fav tome of battle class) but I think Crusader might stack better with the Heavy Armor the Bone Knight gets but then again as a Warforged why would you need Bone Knight? Most of the immunities you get from Exoskeleton of Undeath are already inherent in the Warforged race and the other bonus of the class is a fortification bonus which you also get as a Warforged.

1: Warblade // CCleric (Knowledge, Planning, Undeath)
2: Warblade // CCleric
3: Warblade // CCleric
4. Warblade // Church Inquisitor
5. Warblade // Church Inquisitor
6. Warblade // Church Inquisitor
7. Warblade // Church Inquisitor
8. Warblade // Church Inquisitor
9. Warblade // Bone Knight
10. Warblade // Bone Knight
11. Warblade // Bone Knight
12. Warblade // Bone Knight
13. Warblade // Bone Knight
14. Warblade // Bone Knight
15. Warblade // Bone Knight
16. Warblade // Bone Knight
17. Warblade // S-Speaker
18. Warblade // S-Speaker
19. Warblade // S-Speaker
20. Warblade // S-Speaker

That is a really simplistic but it does give you medium armor, martial wep, d12 HD, Maneuvers, 7 domains, and if someone can help me out I don't remember what the casting progression is for the divine classes but it shouldn't be too bad.

Os1ris09
2010-01-31, 01:13 AM
I made a class like this a while ago but I must apologize for having warblade in their (fav tome of battle class) but I think Crusader might stack better with the Heavy Armor the Bone Knight gets but then again as a Warforged why would you need Bone Knight? Most of the immunities you get from Exoskeleton of Undeath are already inherent in the Warforged race and the other bonus of the class is a fortification bonus which you also get as a Warforged.

1: Warblade // CCleric (Knowledge, Planning, Undeath)
2: Warblade // CCleric
3: Warblade // CCleric
4. Warblade // Church Inquisitor
5. Warblade // Church Inquisitor
6. Warblade // Church Inquisitor
7. Warblade // Church Inquisitor
8. Warblade // Church Inquisitor
9. Warblade // Bone Knight
10. Warblade // Bone Knight
11. Warblade // Bone Knight
12. Warblade // Bone Knight
13. Warblade // Bone Knight
14. Warblade // Bone Knight
15. Warblade // Bone Knight
16. Warblade // Bone Knight
17. Warblade // S-Speaker
18. Warblade // S-Speaker
19. Warblade // S-Speaker
20. Warblade // S-Speaker

That is a really simplistic but it does give you medium armor, martial wep, d12 HD, Maneuvers, 7 domains, and if someone can help me out I don't remember what the casting progression is for the divine classes but it shouldn't be too bad.

Then I will probably go Dragonborn Human. I don't know exactly what Bone Warrior gives because I do not have the book for it.

Soonerdj
2010-01-31, 01:45 AM
Then I will probably go Dragonborn Human. I don't know exactly what Bone Warrior gives because I do not have the book for it.

Bone Knight is a 9/10 divine casting class that rebukes, commands undead, advances turning, and the piece de resistance is the Exoskeleton of Undeath.

Essentially your armor fuses to your body and you gain immunities to everything that undead are too. I don't know whether it includes mind affecting abilities.

Os1ris09
2010-01-31, 02:03 AM
Hey GITP I got some good news. Usually everyone is wondering why my DM won't allow ToB but now he finally ok'd the book.

So now I wanted to make a

Dragonborn Warforged or Dragonborn Human (sainted [buy off lvl adjustment])

Cloistered Cleric xx/Bone Knight xx//Crusader 1/Fighter 2/Ruby Knight Vindicator xx/Prestigous Paladin 1/Ordained Champion xx/Ruby Knight Vindicator

Domains: Planning and Undeath (for extend spell and extra turning [will get a nightstick {DM said only one will work}])

Feats:

1st Adamantine Body
BF: Extend Spell
BF: Extra Turning
3rd: Persist Spell
6th: Divine Metamagic
9th:
12:
15:
18:

I do not know the prereq's for Bone Knight or Ordained Champion. So if anyone can tell me how to make this build work I would really appreciate it.

The idea with this class is that I am trying to make the most out of my combat abilities. I am hoping that I can get at least the first gestalt part and if I have to narrow the second branch down to Crusader 1/Fighter 2/ Ordained
Champion xx/ Prestige Paladin 1/ Ordained Champion xx

Also what book is the Bone Warrior in?

Is it possible to "split" the increase of CL's like this and still retain all other benefits to Cleric?

for example if I decided to do this:

Cloistered Cleric XX/ Bone Knight 10// Crusader 1/ Fighter 2/ Favored Soul 1/ Prestige Paladin 1/ Ordained Champion 10/ Ruby Knight Vindicator XX

Can the CL increase from Ordained champion AND ruby knight vindicator go to Favored Soul while the other benefits go to cleric and the CL increase from Bone Knight go to cleric (note that cleric will be primary casting class so I will automatically make it to 20CL with 9th level spells with that class then dumb rest into Favored Soul for extra buffs).

The idea I want to use with favored soul is that I can maintain the utility spells of cleric and have Favored Soul the primary buffing class.

Eloel
2010-01-31, 03:46 AM
By RAW, you can't take 2 PrCs per level.

You're asking how 2 PrCs would stack at a single level by RAW.

See the irony?

Os1ris09
2010-01-31, 05:08 AM
By RAW, you can't take 2 PrCs per level.

You're asking how 2 PrCs would stack at a single level by RAW.

See the irony?

I thought you could in Gestalt and if not how would you make the build so that I could do what I wanted too.

The idea I want to use with favored soul is that I can maintain the utility spells of cleric and have Favored Soul the primary buffing class."

What I meant to ask is that can I use the +1 casting class to any divine class or does it specifically state "cleric." If it doesn't specifically state then I will do what I wanted to do. If not then I would like to try and find a way that I can do that.

Also for Prestige Paladin do you have to be LG? I know there are other paladins of every alignment and that is why I am asking. Can you modify the the Prestige Paladin to allow all alignments?

I also found the rule that states you can't progress two PrC's at the same time. So what I was thinking is that I can alternate class's. Basically making every level 1 PrC up to fifteenth level.