PDA

View Full Version : Super Big Announcement! Diversion Magazine is HERE!

Felixaar
2010-01-31, 01:57 AM
So you might have heard that I, in collaborating with a bunch of other playgrounders, have been for sometime working on creating an independent free fiction magazine.

WELL, HERE IT IS! (http://www.diversionmagazine.blogspot.com)

The link to download is at the bottom of the page. If it doesn't work for you, give me a yell at [email protected]

Dr.Epic
2010-02-01, 03:14 PM
So you might have heard that I, in collaborating with a bunch of other playgrounders, have been for sometime working on creating an independent free fiction magazine.

WELL, HERE IT IS! (http://www.diversionmagazine.blogspot.com)

Umm, what?

Firestar27
2010-02-02, 12:08 AM
This looks good. I'm curious as to who the other Playgrounders are, and which one you are.

Felixaar
2010-02-02, 12:53 AM
@Dr. Epic The idea is that me, some other playgrounders and a few of my various friends are putting together a PDF literary fiction magazine, downloadable for free. Despite various trials and tribulations we've finally put the first issue together and you can check it out, and the meagre website, at the above link (http://www.diversionmagazine.blogspot.com).

@Firestar I'm editor, cycoris is assistant editor, Dragonrider, TwoBit and Truemane are my staff writers, Rutskarn is Rutskarn (surprise surprise) and Dispozition does colours and design. AJWB will be doing a guest story next month.

_Zoot_
2010-02-02, 01:06 AM
Well, I have now downloaded it and will try and find some time to read it latter to night, the little bit that I read just now was really quite good! I shall read more with interest!

Dr.Epic
2010-02-02, 01:11 AM
Well, I have now downloaded it and will try and find some time to read it latter to night, the little bit that I read just now was really quite good! I shall read more with interest!

Where can you download it from? I followed the link and couldn't find a place to download it.

Felixaar
2010-02-02, 01:17 AM
Dr. Epic - There's a link to download at the bottom of the post on the homepage. Alternatively, just go here (http://www.mediafire.com/?cgmifodloly).

Zoot - Awesome! :smallbiggrin: I hope you like it.

Rutskarn
2010-02-02, 01:28 AM
We cried salt tears for this here magamazine. You mooks are going to read it every last word of it, or else I'll sneak into your computer room at night and rearrange your pixels while you sleep.

Icewalker
2010-02-02, 02:05 AM
I have heard nothing about it in the past, but am quite interested, in particular in writing for it. I'll read it sometime when I have the time, maybe this week, and would love to talk to you about it.

PhoeKun
2010-02-02, 02:08 AM
I haven't read it yet, although I will.

I don't believe in magazines. I likewise didn't have high hopes for this project when I first heard of it, and I'm honestly surprised to see it's come as far as it has.

I'm sure this sounds pretty harsh and/or condescending. Maybe it is. I still don't believe in magazines. But I will say congratulations, for proving me to be a cranky cynic. And just in general, congratulations. Best of luck moving forward.

Dogmantra
2010-02-02, 02:19 AM
Rutskarn is Rutskarn

All in favour of making "Rutskarn" an adjective say "aye"

"Aye!"

Felixaar
2010-02-02, 02:43 AM
Dogmantra "AYE!"

PhoeKun *weeps* No, I kid, and can seriously understand the occasional cynicism. It's actually helpful, because the more people who tell me I can't do things the more I'm spurred on to do them :smallbiggrin: you're a necessary part of the process! I'd love to hear your opinions, though - and, for that matter, drop me a line if you're interested in contributing.

Icewalker I hope you enjoy it, bud! And as above, drop me a line if interested in contributing.

Rutso I'm quoting you on this, fairly warned.

Icewalker
2010-02-02, 12:35 PM
I'll throw in a very Rutskarn "Aye!" in here...

How often do you intend to release new ones?

Felixaar
2010-02-03, 12:37 AM
Once a month, hopefully but not likely on the first.

edit: has anyone had trouble trying to use the download link? if so, please email me [email protected]

Firestar27
2010-02-03, 11:40 PM
I don't believe in magazines.

You don't think they exist? :smallconfused:

All in favour of making "Rutskarn" an adjective say "aye"

AYE! :smallbiggrin:

I have a copy of the magazine, and I plan on reading it shortly. From the introduction that I saw, this looks like it's going to be awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Maximum Zersk
2010-02-04, 12:29 AM
Sooo, just curious, what's gonna happen to the title page I made?:smallconfused:

EDIT: AYE, AYE, AYE!!!

PhoeKun
2010-02-04, 01:31 AM
You don't think they exist? :smallconfused:

They exist. They shouldn't.

Rutskarn
2010-02-09, 11:08 AM
Why not? A regular compilation of content, directed towards interested parties. Sounds like a logical enough approach.

Felixaar
2010-02-10, 01:24 AM
Therein lies the fault, most things that seem straighforward, logical and wise are things that only work in a perfect world. Especially when you throw money into the mix - I mean, aren't most magazines you see today half-full of ads? Blech.