PDA

View Full Version : The Great Pokemon Adventure

Hefty Lefty
2010-01-31, 08:25 AM
Episode One - Pokemon, I Choose You!

The morning begins like any other. Simple farm life on Albic Fields doesn’t run on a very tight schedule. The Pidgey are chirping and the Rattata are running through the dew-soaked fields. Pokémon have been a part of your life since before you were born. Any other day, the Pidgey, the Rattata, and the thirty other Pokémon on your home island wouldn’t excite any of you. However, today is a very special day. Today, you and twenty other kids your age are being given the chance of a lifetime, a chance to leave home and raise your very own Pokémon. Pokémon are an integral part of Albic Fields. Farmers are known to keep Meowth in their barns to chase away menacing Digletts. Pidgey have been preying upon Caterpie for ages (which is quite a shame; a Metapod becoming a Butterfree is one of the most beautiful evolutions the Pokémon world has to offer). Tauros have even been imported from the mainland to help plow the fields. You can’t go a day without seeing the splendor of the nature of Pokémon.

As you meet at the docks with your friends, you see the silhouette of the ship on the harbor’s horizon and can’t help but become anxious. The crowd of kids waiting for the ship to arrive is jumping with excitement. Everyone is boasting how strong or how cute their Pokémon will be. Some already know the exact species they want. Some seem fixated upon a certain type. Some have no idea what they want. Some want a companion. Some want a pet. Some want a warrior. But everyone, above all else, wants a Pokémon to call their own.

Sitzkrieg
2010-01-31, 04:53 PM
Terry
Terry scowls as he watches the hordes of children leap around and shout so loudly he can hardly imagine they're even listening to each other. He briefly considers leaving his post leaning against the back of a Trainer Tips PSA sign as a gaggle of shrieking Lasses pass too closely, but they keep moving, and he remains where he's been for a good half hour or so. He arrived early today, despite the half-hour trek from the West Hills, partly because he wanted to make the walk in peace ahead of the crowd, but mostly because he didn't have much else better to do. He pops the edges of his jacket, pulls the brim of his hat low over his glasses to ward off the chilly sea wind, and waits for the announcements to start.

JGMafia1
2010-01-31, 08:36 PM
Brand

Brand runs to the pier and arrives completely out of breath, cursing his father for holding him up. Just because he's computer illiterate doesn't mean I have to help him with every little detail, especially today of all days. Brand had been looking forward to this day for the past six months. Getting a pokemon like this is a perfect excuse for him to leave this isolated farm island and go out and see the world, maybe even cities. I might even get a research grant out of this expedition. I only the pokemon I get is smart enough to keep up.

Brand stops at the crowd and adjusts his sunglasses which had almost slipped off during his sprint from his house to here. Good, there's no established line. I still have a chance of getting a good companion.

Red Mage
2010-01-31, 09:30 PM
Vivi
Ok. Dont get uncomfortable. It isnt thaaat many people. Just find your center like Father says. Vivi sits cross-legged in the midst of the crowd, wanting to forget the mass of strangers about her. She attempts to find her serenity, as her father and older brother had taught her to all those years ago. But as she clears her mind, the din of the crowd seems to only grow louder. She tightens her eye-lids and strains her face just yearning to hear the echo of Brother's encouragement, or her father's chastisement. "Damn it!" mutters Vivi, "I never can meditate like Father and Brother. I've always been better with the straight sparing!" Vivi stands up in a flash and throws a few snap jabs and crosses in tandem. Though I still have yet to beat Brother in combat... Within her own little world, the absent minded Vivian Swift doesn't even begin to notice the unwanted attention and uncomfortable stares her actions are garnering. "Now finish it off with the Vivi Triple Reverse Cherry Blossom Mega Kick!!!"
Vivi leaps into the air and unleashes a wild and turbulent strike in the flash of a moment, right into the mysterious youngster who was stoically standing against the PSA board.

Vivi lands calmed and pleased with herself, until she sees the shaken form of the boy she had kicked...

"Oh NOOO!! I am so SOOO Sorry!!!" Vivi moves to help the boy but finds herself so overwhelmed with embarrassment that she might burst. Her face goes so red with shame that she begins to bow furiously over and over again. "I'm sooooo sorry, please forgive me!"

Sitzkrieg
2010-02-01, 11:08 AM
Terry
*Thump*
Terry's body lies motionless and quiet in the long grass next to the sign.

Mr Snufflewumps
2010-02-01, 05:31 PM
Jim
Having been enthralled by the strange girls show of martial arts skills, Jim caught the entire scene of the boy being kicked unconscious, and instantly runs over to help. He leans over the body of the boy and tries to gain a response from the boy "Hey there buddy, can you tell me you're name? Can you hear me?" After getting no response from the boy Jim turns to the strange girl who looks almost overwhelmed with grief, "You there, go fill something with the sea water and get back here we need to wake him up."

Poshlost'
2010-02-01, 06:21 PM
Today'll be a good day.

Vai squats on the periphery of the crowd tracing figure eights in the grass, his eyes darting from point to point in the crowd. His mind is saturated with the sights, the sounds, the sweep of the moment. Three minutes ago he was nervously exchanging Bellsprout breeding tips with a friendly Camper. Five minutes before that he was throwing rice balls to the pierside magikarp with children half his age...

It is a privilege to receive a pokemon. This day, I will become part of an ancient and noble tradition dating back dating back mylehnia (mlenya?)...a relationship that has been integrill to both...oh I've forgotten the passage. What would the elders say to that?

A ripped pair of trousers and sun-faded jacket dovetail with his rustic accent to create the spitting image of a country bumpkin. Vai doesn't give a Raichu's tail about his image. He is fixated on the earthworm that just veered into his finger's path. If a human touches a hatchling it'll be rejected and abandoned by its mother. I wouldn't want this worm to suffer a thing like that.

He gently scoops the worm up onto a leaf, raising it to eye level with the utmost self-control. If he were only a few years younger he might have tried to name it and keep it as a pet. But I'm beyond that now. This journey will be an opportunity for growth and self-reflection. He smiles and puts the worm down and watches it slink off into the grass before scampering off to some other corner of the throng.

If he was paying more attention to his surroundings, he would probably have noticed the martial arts girl and the commotion taking place directly behind him.

Shiace
2010-02-01, 06:58 PM
Moxie

Moxie makes his way to the pier and pushes through a crowd of youngsters. He's always been big for his age, and he's used to having his way with his piers. Looking at him you'd think he was 15 or even 16; you'd never guess he was almost 13. He grew up working on a farm with his family, and years of physical labor have left his young body quite toned and strong for a boy his age. Calmly plowing through the kids, they take one look at him and shy back. Shrimps. They won't stand a chance out there. He comes up to the young boy sitting in the grass and puts his hand on his head, rufling his hair. "Careful Vai, one of these dumb kids is bound to trip over you."

Moxie looks up to see a boy on the ground, seemingly knocked out cold and a young girl knelt over him pleading for forgiveness, with a bucket of sea water. Another boy is on his knees as well, trying to wake the boy up. "Well, it was inevitable- looks like we have the first casualty of the day."

JGMafia1
2010-02-01, 11:40 PM
Brand Fern

All Brand needed to see was that kick to know who was behind it. He himself had been kicked before in just that fashion more than once. I hope she didn't hurt someone too badly. Let's see how much I can tease her though. Brand makes his way over to the scene.
"Vivi, what's it been, two months? And I see your still up to your old tricks as usual. You know I hear they don't give pokemon out to violent little girls so you better hope that guy wakes up in a forgiving mood," Brand tries to contain his grinning but his teasing can't help but show up all over his face.

Red Mage
2010-02-02, 11:15 AM
Vivi

Vivi is startled to suddenly be engaged in this crowd of strangers, and jumps at the sound of her name. It takes a moment for her to realize the voice's origin, but when she does her arms fling up (inadvertently tossing aside the entire pale of water) in shock. "Brandy-chan!" shouts Vivi as she lunges toward him to embrace him, but as she draws near and recognizes the familiar smirk on his face she finally registers what her dear cousin had said. Wait a minute! In mid-attempt to express her happiness, she is suddenly struck with the meaning of Brand's words. "Tricks??! Violent!!?? I didn..I mean I wasn....you...you...No-wah!" Vivi suddenly stops, her face pouting and and her left foot stamping the ground. "Brandy-chan, don't tease me. You know I dont like it." says the lanky Vivi, as she gives Brand a light punch on the arm. "You know I cant help being clumsy..." she continues, while making her usual gesture of silliness (closing her eyes, tilting her head, lightly sticking out her tongue, and mock hitting her skull with her fist.)
Suddenly she straightens, realizing she has left her poor victim slightly moistened and unconscious on the ground. Vivi rushes over to the mysterious boy, moving her face merely an inch above his and begins to try and shake him awake by the shoulders, seriously concerned for his health.

Hefty Lefty
2010-02-04, 06:58 PM
"My dearest Vivian." A tall, lanky boy appears behind the girl. "When will you learn?" As Vivi turns around, again scared of the exponentially-growing number of people around her, she seems the familar face of her brother Erik. His straight brown hair hangs just above his eyes. His white shirt is neatly buttoned and tucked into his finest slacks. Erik slides past his baby sister and takes hold of the fainted Terry who, after a quick moment, is revived. As Terry regains his standing, Erik pats him on the shoulder and turns back towards Vivi. He picks her up by the sides so that he must look up to see into her eyes. "Now tell me, my little sister, are you excited for today?"

Terry stumbles to his feet and immediately bends back down to find his glasses. As he searches between blades of grass, he is abruptly stopped by a long, slender leg in tall heels. "Looking for these?" Terry stands up to greet the person swinging his glasses around in her hand. "You always did have problems staying up." She giggles at her own quip and grabs him around the waist. "It's ok, you look great lying on your back." As she pulls him closer he can smell the tropical fruit shampoo in her hair. That long blonde hair hides her bright blue eyes from view. She lets him go, and steps back, flicking her hair. Her eyes penetrate deep into Terry. "So tell me how much you've missed me." Terry's once-lover stands tall yet still below his eye level. Her short green skirt is tantalizing. Her tight blue t-shirt accentuates her curves. Elliot looks hotter than ever.

"Hey, man!" Aiden throws his arm over Moxie's shoulder. "I'm so f*ckin' pumped! Damn, I've been waiting forever!" Aiden is just as tall as Moxie, with the same strong build. He sports a tight white wife-beater and baggy black shorts. "Have you seen all the girls around here, bro?" He nods his head towards Elliot. "I was talkin' with her earlier, but I've seen a ton'a nice lookin' girls your age, too." Aiden is sixteen years old. Given Moxie's build and appearance, he always felt more comfortable with the older crowd. As he proved he was both physically and mentally strong enough, he was accepted into their groups despite his age.

A boat appears on the horizon. Somehow, the noise of the crowd gets even louder. Some few boys and girls are still saying goodbye to their parents, but everyone else is ready and waiting. The boat will dock soon.

Sitzkrieg
2010-02-07, 02:00 PM
Terry
"Ah, yuh, hey, Elliot," he mumbles. He doesn't have time to even collect his thoughts on being knocked out, embarrassingly, by that little rat of a girl before his mind snaps, obsessed, on Elliot. You knew she'd be here. You idiot! Say something. He takes his glasses back and offers: "Thanks." You're an idiot.

JGMafia1
2010-02-07, 03:12 PM
Brand Fern

"Well looks like you'll be fine Vivi, the poor chap's to tongue-tied to press charges. Either way I'd move away just in case he remembers, follow if you want to." Brand moves onto the pier in order to stake out a decent spot to wait for the ship. He then inserts one headphone and begins to listen to his current favorite artist Sly Styles. His sax playing is amazing in it's own right but what really sets him and his group apart from the rest of the crowd is his drummer and percussionist, both trained and musically endowed Cubones.

Shiace
2010-02-07, 05:33 PM
Moxie

Moxie looks at the girl in front of him and nods. "Yeah man. What pokémon did you want again?" I'm not sure what he's talking about. All the girls I've seen so far look like airheads to me. Maybe they're nice to look at but not worth much else. As the boat approaches the noise level raises to an unbearable level. Pissed off, Moxie says,"These kids need to quiet the f*ck down!" to Aiden. He then scowls at the kids around him and some of them back away from him and quiet down. Satisfied with this reaction, he turns his attention to the young boy behind him.

"Better snap back to reality, Vai. The boat's coming and you don't want to miss your chance." Moxie sits down and puts his hand on the boy's shoulder to get his attention.

Red Mage
2010-02-08, 12:29 AM
Vivi
Squirming between the weathered palms of her brother Erik Swift, Vivi is overcome with another wave of shame. Her face once again is left as red as a Pikachu's sacs in heat. Her embarrassment only continues to rise as Brand begins to leave without her. This is so bad! I can't get away, what will all these strangers think? I'm supposed to be a future combat-master! She struggles, but lacks the ability to escape the fraternal death-grip. She is too close to him to use her long powerful legs to her advantage, as well as positioned too awkwardly to obtain leverage over her brother's fingers. Just as she is about to break into tears, she musters one last effort. No! Time for desperate measures! Another patented Vivi Swift Power Play! And with that, Vivi explodes into another flash of movement "God Cry School Technical Machine Move #002: Wind-cutter CHOP!"

Erik adroitly dodges the attack by simply tilting his head and extending her away from him, just out of reach from her arm's blow.
There it is. The opening.
"You know sis, you probably shouldn't announce your move before you use it." harangues Erik, who calmly smiles at the overbearing reaction of his sister (a slight bit of condescension in his tired voice).
"You could have simply answered m.." WHAM Suddenly a fearsome blur of motion connects with Erik's solar-plexus, leaving him crumpled and gasping at Vivi's feet. "Getting slow in your old age Riky-oniichan! heehee!" shouts Vivi as she jumps in the air, kicking up both legs behind her in joy. "Moved me just far enough away not to be hit by my strike," iterates Vivi as she pantomimes a karate chop "but far enough for me to swing up my leg! I call it Vivi's Stealth Foot Swing!" Vivi winks and enters into her victory stance, her arm outstretched with fingers in a "V" shape (for Vivi) her right hand on her hip, and her left leg elevated girlishly behind her. "It's Super Effective!"
Suddenly, she snaps back to reality, aware of the numerous stares she is attracting once again. Before she bursts, she begins sprinting after her cousin, "Brandy-chan, WAAAIT for MEEE!" arriving just in time to fall flat on her face, arms outstretched, at the tips of his sneakers.

Mr Snufflewumps
2010-02-08, 03:26 PM
Jim
Seeing that he is of effectively no use in the situation he jumped into, Jim grabs his backpack and starts looking around for some of his hometown friends...only to realize that no one besides him had showed up. Maybe they're just lost in the crowd, I better at least look for them a little He tries to push through the crowd but with the boat arriving it's packed so dense he can't manage it. Jim was always faster then he was strong and a less demanding presence there never was. He taps a large boy on the shoulder in front of him "um...excuse me, may i get by, I'm looking for my friends?" only to be shrugged off and ignored. Head down Jim starts looking around for an opening into the crowd, and finding one dashes quickly in towards the front of the dock. Just because I'm not strong doesn't mean I can't be sneaky He thinks laughing to himself and looking over his shoulder towards the people he slipped by. Suddenly his foot hits something on the ground and SMASH down he goes. Embarrassed he starts searching around for what he tripped on, only to find the girl who had knocked out the boy from before. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry, i didn't see you there i was just in a rush and i wasn't paying attention and i mean...are you OK? what are you doing on the ground anyway?"

Poshlost'
2010-02-08, 09:15 PM
Vai

...and that cloud, is a Bulbasaur. That strand is it's vine whip, the other is it's leg. I remember that song the Youngsters'd always sing:

Oy there once was a Bulbasaur whose name was Pete
with a whole lot of mud caked all o'er his feet
when he came to our home-

AGH!!! Hands outta my bubble space buster, I've go-...ahah. It's j-just you Moxie. Galvanized out of his daydream, Vai is trembling exultantly. S-sorry about yelling your name Moxie. I'm just so hyped for this, uh, whole event... this will be the most important day on our - cut it out Moxie, it's not funny. Oh, well. I guess I do look a little silly marching around you in circles like this, don't I? Moxie's sympathetic smile makes him feel somewhat less ridiculous. But really. We have sooooooo much to look forward to after today. We've been waiting, like our entire lives to get our behinds down here with all these other...TRAINERS and their pokemon. Remember that song the Sailors would always sing on the waterfront? Something about how Cinnabar's a real heck of a town, don't remember the lyrics though. OH, we'll probably never go there, I mean, it's on another continent and all but regardless, we'll have the opportunity to EXPLORE, to have adventures and things did I say that already? Oh, the pokemon too. I haven't forgotten about them either- (ect. ect. and so forth)

At some point when breaking his spiel long enough to swallow, Vai realizes Moxie's attention has long been focused on the liner almost within the harbor. Our ship...

"Come on now!"Vai takes Moxie's arm like a vice grip. We're getting down to the pier right away, our ship is on the horizon and you and me are gonna be first in line. Out of our way please! They tear through the crowd, beelining for the docks. They bolt over a toppled PSA board (its half ream of poke-tips scattered in the nearby mud) almost tripping over some rocks (the rocks were actually people). hehe, this is it Moxie! Vai grabs the ticket in his shirt pocket (almost illegible due to incessant stroking) as they march onto the pier, slightly dispirited by the small crowd already there. Oh well!!!!!!! At least we're as close to first in line as we could possibly be. Hey Moxie? Can you hear that? Behind the crates. Sounds like a Farfech'd and two Cubones fighting it out." Before he can finish, Vai is off to investigate the origin of the sound.

Red Mage
2010-02-09, 03:57 PM
Vivi
"uguuu" winces Vivi as she begins to rise to her knees. Her hand covers her mouth and her eyes well up with tears. "I dink I beet my tong..." But suddenly, in her strife, a thought occurs.
C'mon! What if father saw you like this?? You are shamming your ancestors right now! Get UP! Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzV2s58P1rU&feature=related)
Vivi stands and attempts to act as if nothing happened, smiling at the concerned Jim and the stoic Brand. She puts her hand behind her head, tilts back and lets out a few chuckles, I'ma ffinne! Nutin ssstups me, da gret Vivi!" and as if to prove it, despite her nonsensical and laboured speech, she follows up the whole affair with a few more last minute jabs and crosses. And as if to silence the two before her inadequacies are addressed, she nervously diverts attention away from herself, pretend laughter and care-free nature all the while "hahahaha...Ummm look! the ship is in dock! I think something is about to happen hehe!"

Hefty Lefty
2010-02-10, 09:58 AM
Something is about to happen, indeed. The ship, finally done flirting with the horizon line, makes its way towards the dock. As the vessel pushes waves towards its destination, the pack of children push, too, like a tidal wave. The boat arrives, and it seems like forever until the ramp is lowered are children are let on. A large, stoic man garbed in traditional white and blue sailor outfitting collects tickets before children board the ramp. Once aboard, the kids are corralled to stand on the main deck. The back of the ship is dominated by a large control tower; the front is a set of bleachers built into the raised end of the ship. As the kids look around, they realize they are standing on a white-lined battle stadium emblazoned with official Pokemon League logos. In the middle of the bleachers, on a flat portion in the middle, stands a skinny black microphone stand. After all the kids are let on board, a gray-haired man in a white lab coat appears from a door on the side and makes his way towards the stand. If it weren't for his aging hair, this man wouldn't seem too old. He has a youthful step and a soft face. Behind the microphone stand, a long table is covered by a shimmering white cloth. The man grabs the mic and takes it out of its stand. He taps it, and, after a high-pitched whiny feedback (and an equally high-pitched whiny reaction by the child crowd), he begins to speak.

"Hello there!" His voice emits clearly from the front, where he is speaking, and from the various speakers surrounding the main deck. "Welcome to the world of Pokemon! My name is Pine! People call me the Pokemon Professor!" Pine takes the mic off the stand and begins to pace back and forth through the bleachers. The mic's cord leaves a trail of where he has worked. "This world is inhabited by creatures called Pokemon! For some people, Pokemon are pets." A group of girls near the right-side giggle. "Others use them for fights." Boys near the front laugh confidantly and rub their clenched fists. "Myself... I study Pokemon as a profession." Pine looks across the sea of kids. Each one is eager to recieve their Pokemon. The moment is so close they can taste it. Pine walks down the stairs on the side. He approaches a small girl near the side of the boat standing by herself. She looks more scared than excited. Her eyes have a blank stare, her mouth is slightly opened, he focus seems someplace else. Her hair is braided in two brown pigtails. Pine takes her by the right hand (her left hand relentlessly clutches a Clefairy Pokedoll) and leads her towards the table under a cloth. Pine drops to one knee to meet the girl at eye level. He places the mic in front of her mouth. "First, what is your name?"
Her eyes widen as if she just now realized she was on stage in front of thirty people. "Va...Va...Valery." Her soft voice trails off at the end of her name.
"Right! So your name is Valery!"
Children in the back of the crowd feel a force plowing through. A tall slender boy pummels his way to the front of the crowd, and in doing so pushes Brand to the ground. He approaches the tall wall seperating the first bleacher seats and the deck. He hops over it with ease and storms the presentation. "Gramps! I'm fed up with waiting!" A gold chain dangles from his neck. His long, frayed brown hair whisps in the gentle wind. As conversation breaks from Valery, whatever hope she built up in her heart dies, and its visible in every facet of her being. Her posture slouches, her arm clenched close to her body drops. Her eyes droops, she pouts, and her chin drops to her chest. Brand is helped up by a friendly blonde-haired girl.
"Hey, what gives? What do you have against me anyway?"
"This is my grandson. He's been your rival since you were a baby." Pine slows his speech for a second. His eyes break contact from his relative as he tries to remember something. "...Erm, what is his name again?"
"Shinji!" The boy places his hands on his hips. "I swear, old man, you're going senile with your age."
"That's right! I remember now! His name is Shinji!" Pine finally turns back to the forgotten Valery. "Valery!" Her pupils raise to meet Pine politely as if they were pulled up by a rope. She still has the same depressed gaze. "Your very own Pokemon legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits you!" The passionate words achieve their goal. Valery finally breaks a smile. "Let's go!" Pine once again takes Valery by the hand and bring her to the table, the two are followed close by Shinji. Pine takes the cloth off the table to reveal thirty Pokeballs. A chorus of "Ooo"s and "Aah"s nearly shakes the boat. Each ball is polished and shining. "Here, Valery! There are thirty Pokemon here!" Her eyebrows raise, and she bites her lip gently in confusion. "Haha! They are inside Pokeballs." Pine places one hand behing his back and sways forth and back as he begins to ramble. "When I was young, I was a serious Pokemon trainer! In my old age, I have thirty left, but you can have one! Choose!"Valery remains silent, yet now her open mouth is clearly one of glee. She slowly picks up each Pokeball and reads the description of the Pokemon inside. Her Pokedoll is still attached to her side. After twenty minutes of examing each Pokemon, she chooses one ball and brings it to Pine.
"You want the mystic dragon Pokemon, Dratini?" After a small nod from an open-eyed Valery, Pine closes her hands around her new Pokeball. He says something to her, and lets out one small nervous laugh, then hurries back down to the kids, who have been ordered in a line before the stairs up the bleachers. Shinji quickly scans the table and takes a Pokeball.
"You want the calm, aquatic Poliwag?"
"Hell yeah. Calm, this one ain't. You hear that Brand!? You best watch your ass, 'cuz my Poliwag's gonna tear you a new one." Shinji threateningly pushes back his shoulders and forward his head, as if he were about to lunge at the bewildered Brand.
The line progresses less evenfully after the first two Pokemon are chosen. The six anxious kids are grouped near the front. After five more balls leave the table, it is time for Jim to make his decision.

Mr Snufflewumps
2010-02-10, 02:06 PM
Jim
I can't belive that little girl took the only dratini, does she have any idea how rare that pokemon is?? Jim thinks to himself as he starts looking over the pile of pokeballs. He glances over the oddish, growlith, and what seems like a million caterpies until his eye finally sees a pokemon worth chosing. As he reaches out towards the ball the only sign of his excitement is a mild tremble in his hand. This is the pokemon f0r me. He muses as a smile creeps onto his face. He picks up the pokeball and shouts so everyone can hear, "I chose you Staryu!"

Red Mage
2010-02-11, 12:05 AM
Vivi
Oh gosh...I haven't thought about this... Vivi now begins to realize the complexities involved with choosing her pokemon partner. I've never really considered pokemon before... Yes Vivi had encountered pokemon in her daily life occasionally, but she had never grasped the gravity and austerity of this moment. Previous to this moment, the coming-of-age event of Pokemon pairing had seemed trivial, as most coming-of-age events are (first tricycle, the witnessing of an artificial-insemination of a tauros, first bicycle, etc. etc.) Suddenly she notices a pokeball on the table beginning to roll off due to the rock of the ship. "Ohh.." And Vivi surges forward to catch it. "hehehe, a Pokemon that falls down like me!" And she begins to read, "Machop- the 'Superpower Pokémon.' Loves to build its muscles. It trains in all styles of martial arts to become even stronger. hehehe, well Machop, looks like we will training together from now on, and we both have somebody to pick us up when we fall down! Machop, I choose you! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTdsijn32HQ&feature=related)"

Red Mage
2010-02-11, 10:15 AM
Vivi
Vivi looks back to see her cousin directly behind her in the queue. Brand is deep in thought, his forehead creased-over in this: the beginning of his new life.
A small curious boy darts back in forth behind him (Vai) his eyes sweeping the table and his lips muttering something to himself.

JGMafia1
2010-02-11, 11:23 AM
Brand

Brand gazes over the remaining 26 pokemon trying to find a smart one, a companion and not just a pet that shoots sparks. He manages to sort out most of the lot from a distance and narrows his choices down to just two options. He inspects them both, weighing each pokeball in his hands as he contemplates each one's potential. Eevee looks good and she would definitely give me options with her three confirmed evolutions and however many others that haven't been discovered yet, but that one's more of a battler which isn't what I'm going for. He places Eevee back on the table and looks over his final; choice. Vulpix, a fire fox with six tails, each said to contain an individual flame. It's evolved form is also rumored to even have the capacity to understand and even respond to human speech. Most pokemon are just good at reading their trainer's emotions.

Brand's mind made, up he touches the safety release and lets the ball drop, releasing his new lifelong companion. Vulpix looks around curiously, first to Professor Pine, but eventually she settles her gaze on Brand. Female, I guess that's good. He kneels down and scoops up Vulpix, scratching her chin and feeling her luxurious fur any poacher would kill to get their hands on. "Hello there, little miss. Here's to the start of a brilliant friendship." Brand heads back to his seat in the bleachers while Vulpix snuggles into a comfortable spot in his arms. It's probably the warmest thing Brand has ever felt.

Poshlost'
2010-02-12, 07:00 PM
Vai

With an inscrutable visage Vai palms the lone ball on table's corner containing Oddish and bolts for the corner by the punch bowl, gibbering inaudibly to himself. He heaves a sigh of relief as he realizes that the attentions of those around him are focused elsewhere. Nothing's gonna get to me now - I'm chill as a cucumber. In the distance he can spy an unfazeable-looking trainer (popped collar, hat and glasses and all) is approaching the table. Ohmygosh I forgot to thank the Professor for my pokemon. I must've looked like an ungrateful jerk. He sallies forth towards the table but reverses mid-way By this point those people have probably forgotten about me. There's no point in going back then. Why do I do so many stupid things like this? Trainers of all sorts coalesce and schmooze and dissipate around the punch and piles of hors d'ouvres. Haven't seen Moxie around since I got on this ship...is that hi-ah, oh, she's a girl. (why am I so short, I'm almost twelve!) hmm...I just gotta stand like this...hmm, he'll have to find me eventually though. How many other greenheads are there on this boat anyways? Oh, excuse me, sorry for blocking hummus. Hmm...this looks like a good spot to be. Like a shadow, Vai slinks over to the pyramid-like arrangement of cider cups.

Now surely alone, Vai begins tracing his fingers through the grooves over the pokeball, contentedly snapping his tongue against the palate. I've chosen this Oddish...Oddish...codfish...Oddish...oh I hope we become good friends! At times like this, his mind would ricochet from subject to subject simply to distract himself; this newfound joy would have to be parsed over time simply to keep it manageable. He was desultorily reconstructing the history of pokeballcraft when he felt his blood turn to taffy. In his periphery, he could see her (just an arm's length away). The Dratini girl! How long has she been there? Whattodo, whattodo...rrrr. “ M-my name's Vai, I'm from Pratinia Valley. Pleased to make your acquaintance Valerie!”

Shiace
2010-02-17, 12:17 AM
Moxie

Moxie watches as Vai heads up to the table and snatches a pokeball before quickly making his way to the refreshment table. No doubt he chose an Oddish, assuming there was one left. Vai always had such a love for plants and anything that lives in the earth, which I can appreciate growing up on a farm, though I never had the same fascination with grubs as he did.. Moxie finds himself ascending the steps to the table full of pokeballs. He looks down at the array of shining gems before him, everything he remembered learning about pokemon suddenly erased from memory. Hand outstretched and quivering, it passes over Growlithe and pauses for a moment, but continues. After thirty or so grueling seconds, Moxie finds his hand settled on a ball on the edge of the table. Small letters next to the ball say "Pikachu." This is it. I can feel it!. This is the right one for me. A rush of adrenaline hits; Moxie's heart races as he lifts the gleaming ball out of its quiet resting place.

Pokeball in hand, he nods to the professor and looks over at the drink stand. The young girl from earlier is standing near Vai, who is making an attempt at conversation while his hands run over the contours of his pokeball in obsessive preoccupation. Kid's gonna make a damn fool of himself in front of that girl, I'd better hurry over there just to keep an eye on him, make sure he doesn't mess up too badly. Moxie starts towards the refreshment table. He eyes the red bowl perched aside a pyramid of glasses, reflecting the brilliant sunny sky. Might as well grab some punch while I'm at it.

Sitzkrieg
2010-02-17, 11:27 AM
Terry

Terrence waits patiently as a tiny girl ahead of him is kindly assisted by Professor Pine in choosing her new Nidoran. Me. It's my turn. I'm going to do this. He'd made this decision a year ago, from weeks lost alone in contemplation. Nothing showy. Just strong and hard this time. His eyes briefly play on some of the released pokemon around the room, many young and energetic, cuddling with their new trainers or happily yapping their names. That's cute. I hope they make it out all right. Distracted, he hardly notices when Professor Pine motions for him to step up to the table and take a pokeball to call his own. Professor, I've already decided. I would like a Geodude, please." Skin harder than diamonds. Doesn't let anything get through to it. Now that's how a pokemon ought to be built. He takes the pokeball out of the Professor's hand and looks closely at the glassy and reflective surface. So much power...I'm going to train this one right. With a faint smile, he steps away from the table, not realizing he's the last one in line.

Hefty Lefty
2010-02-17, 11:33 AM
Terry departs from the raised stage and ends the line of eager new trainers. While they aren't allowed to release their Pokemon just yet, it is so hard to resist. Sailors run around telling each kid to call back their new friend, but most just send them straight back out once the sailor has turned his back. A Pidgey squawks aggressively at a Spearow. A small boy chases his Sandshrew around the deck, desperately trying not to lose control of his Pokemon so early. Near the back, a large group of kids stand in a circle. Professor Pine stands back up on the podium and once again makes his presence known by, accidentally or not, startling the kids with a loud, screech from the mic.
"I see all of you are excited! Your new Pokemon are a wonderful experience! But please, if you could, recall your Pokemon into their Pokeballs for just a moment."
All of the kids, most reluctantly, recall their beloved creatures.
"I'm sure you are all excited to compare and play with each other's new friends. But first, we must get to some business. We must organize battles on this ship before we reach the mainland in five days. If you turn around," most kids turn around immediately, "you will see a computer. Input your name and the names of up to five friends. You will be randomly matched up against an equal number of opponents for your first fight."
Kids scramble to the front of the mob (it's impossible to call it a line) around the computer.
"Now, please!" Pine struggles to keep the children's attention. "Everyone! Please, make a line!"

You are now all Level 1 Trainers! See the OOC thread for what this means.

JGMafia1
2010-02-17, 01:54 PM
Brand

Brand knew this stage was coming and he just knows he'll regret. I'm sure Shinji has it rigged so that we'll face off against each other, the a**. I'll just have to play dirty too. Brand steps up to the computer and enters in three names under his: Vivi, who if anything will knock out the other trainer accidentally, Vai, who's name he just happened to overhear (and who has a grass type to counter Shinji), and that Terry kid just for kicks. It'll be fun watching that reunion. He then sits back down to wait for the results, feeling remorse over having to return his Vulpix.

Shiace
2010-02-17, 07:25 PM
Moxie

Upon hearing the professor's speech, Moxie breaks his path to the drinks stand and heads for the computer. He is soon pushing his way through the mob of children, wanting to get to the computer screen early to ensure he will be teamed up with his friend. He is at a loss for words when he sees Vai's name already on a team list when he reaches the monitor. Without wasting a second he joins the team of three and looks out across the sea of anxious faces, looking for a boy lost in his imagination.

Sitzkrieg
2010-02-21, 01:32 PM
Terry

Anything's good but Elliot's team, I suppose. Terry wades his way through the protesting throngs and reaches the bank of taller computer terminals on the left side of the wall. To his surprise, he seems to have already been chosen by some punk named Brand. The lineup isn't bad, but he spends a few minutes browsing the other teams that are forming under his eyes. Nervously, he does a search for the name 'Elliot'.

Mr Snufflewumps
2010-02-22, 01:38 PM
JIm
After a while of searching through the cruise ship for his hometown friends, Jim finally realizes he is alone on the journey. As he makes his way through the crowd towards the computer terminals he begins to think I know I'm not strong enough by myself, I need to find a group to join up with or I'm gonna be done for here. He finally makes it to a computer terminal and begins searching for groups of five he can tack his name onto. lets see, a group of only pidgeys, well that won't work out. After searching for some time he finally sees a group worth joining, let's see, a vulpix, geodude, pikachu, oddish, and machop, not necessarily ideal but they are certainly lacking a water pokemon, they probably won't even mind me joining their group. As Jim submits his name and walks away he thinks of one thing, what if they do have a problem with me joining up? Jim begins to sweat he's so nervous and dashes back to the computers. Much to his dismay he was the last person who had to submit his name and the terminals have been shut down for the tournament to begin. "Damn it!" He shouts hitting the side of a computer in his frustration, only to realize that he's causing a scene. Jim puts his head down and heads for the refreshments, praying things turn out well.

Hefty Lefty
2010-02-23, 12:48 PM
Episode Two - You Might Bleed the First Time

Valery pulls on Vai's shirt. She's too short to be at eye level with him. Her big, deep eyes tugs on Vai's heartstrings before she even says anything. "Umm... Vai? Can I be on your team? I don't know anyone here..." However, as Vai approaches the computer terminals, he sees that the system has been locked. Frozen on the screen is the message:
All combatants have been entered. All teams are locked.
The first battle is: Anna, Gerald, Bella vs. Chris, Mark, Jacob.
The first battle begins in: 00:00:10:45.
The second battle is: Brand, Vivi, Vai, Terry, Moxie, Jim vs. Shinji, Erik, Valery, Elliot, Aiden, Steve.
The second battle begins in: 00:02:10:45.
The clock ticks down each second. Two groups of three huddle together and discuss battle plans excitedly. "Oh no. I didn't ask to be on their team... Oh... this can't get any worse..."

Meanwhile, two soft hands wrap around Terry's waist. Elliot's soft blond hair brushes against Terry's face and the familiar scent runs a shiver down his spine. "Whatcha' doin' buddy?" she asks, teasing. The computer prompt:
Searching: "Elliot"
is blazoned across the screen. In a flash, however, the search stops abruptly and the aforementioned screen is posted.
"Well it looks like you got your answer."

The Professor is once again back at the podium. Everyone turns around as the loud squealing mic commands. "As you can see, the first battle will begin very shortly! Please clear this main deck, as it is the battle field. If you wish to watch, which I highly suggest, come join me in the bleachers here. Otherwise, there are more refreshments down on the bottom floor." He opens his hand to present a stairwell down below the main deck. Pine sits down in the front of the bleachers, and two sailors come out to herd the kids off the deck.

JGMafia1
2010-02-25, 08:52 PM
Brand

I hate Shinji. That oaf had always been a thorn in Brand's side ever since he started visiting the Professor's lab four years ago. Maybe all Shinji's malice came from the fact that Brand excelled in areas pokemon research he just flat out failed in, or maybe his grandpa just beat him for being such an a**. Regardless of the reasons Brand was now once again stuck dealing with him and his petty antics.

Brand decides to watch the next match, but to first grab some refreshments for himself and the little miss. He goes for three bottles of Soda Pop and two Lemonades as well as two sandwiches. After that he returns to the bleachers and releases his vulpix in his lap. He leans back and waits for the first match.

Sitzkrieg
2010-02-26, 01:31 PM
Terry

Terry's back stiffens itself in surprise at Elliot's touch. "Uh, yeah, looks like it." He turns back to read the screen as she slips off his waist. After a pause, he turns again. "Do you really know all these guys already?" It feels like we just got here. But to his disappointment it seems she does, because his conversation is interrupted by one of the boys lifting her up from behind and causing her laughing protests. A*****e. "Hey, I'll talk to you later, alright." He slips off without another word. Whatever. She does what she wants. I'm here for myself. And my Geodude, he recalls, with an inner smile that does nothing to brighten his downcast exterior.

He wanders aimlessly for a few minutes before spotting a released Vupix in the stands. That must be, right, that kid on my team. With the Vulpix. With nothing better to do, he heads across the relatively vacant top levels of the stands and crosses down some stairs, ducking a wild pidgey being chased by some desperate green-haired kid.
"Hey, I'm Terrence. Terry. Do you know me? Because I think you picked me for your team, right? He settles himself on a seat and prepares to watch the upcoming battle with his teammate.

JGMafia1
2010-02-26, 03:04 PM
Brand

"Oh not really. Maybe I fixed your home's computer at some point, I only picked you for what my cousin did." Brand stands up and faces Terry while his Vulpix scurries behind his feet. "She's the one who kicked you on the shoreline." He extends his hand, offering a handshake. "By the way, the name's Brand."

Red Mage
2010-02-28, 02:45 AM
Lass Vivi

Vivi turns to hear her cousin Brand referencing her earlier source of embarrassment. She begins to pout, flailing her arms down at her side and stamping one foot:
"Uguuu...! Brandy-chan!! Don't tease me so much." A thought then comes across her face, "Not only are we cousins, but we are teammates now!" and at this she spreads her feat and raises her fist before her face in the most dynamic pose she can think of. But then her eyes meet Terry's as he begins to reach for Brand's hand. Her face flushes with heat and she instinctively lowers her head so that her bangs may hide her shame. Before Terry can even open his mouth to respond to the first introduction, a second is made. "I'm Vivi. Once again I deeply apologize for my crude behavior." She then squares herself to bow, while also reaching to clutch his outstretched palm, with both her hands. Staring at the floor she continues, "Looks like we will be comrades from now on. Please take care of us."

Poshlost'
2010-03-01, 11:59 AM
Vai

With Oddish piggybacking, Vai charges up and down rows of bleachers. "Tell me when you spot a Vulpix, Oddish!" Young crowd goes ballistic as the trainers arrive on the field. Oddish squeals as the pair is pelted with condiments. Yucky processed food. Eek, Oddish! Don't try to eat it, it will give you cancer. Vai hurries clankingly to the top of the seating. I hope Valery feels better. She didn't seem to take things very well. Vai felt a little sad that he could not assuage her. Maybe he had run off too quickly? This was the third time Oddish and Vai had visited this spot, but one could never be too sure -

Ayyyii! Vai jerked his head up from his shoes to find a small cluster of trainers around a dark-haired boy and his Vulpix. There they are! I hope I don't screw this up...how should I introduce myself? Ack, just wing it. Here goes nothing.

Hefty Lefty
2010-03-01, 12:27 PM
Everyone ascends the bleachers and gets situated in their seats. No one would dare skip out on watching this first battle. The six combatants separate themselves into two groups, one at either end of the battlefield on the deck. A sailor in the middle of the court raises two flags, one red and one green, each representing a team. A large television monitor on the back wall flashes on. The two teams' names and photos are displayed along with a photo of their Pokemon. The sailor raises both flags, says some opening words to each of the teams, then lowers them and runs out of the middle. He escapes just in time, for as soon as the flags are lowered, all six trainers throw out their Pokeballs, releasing their Pokemon. On one side, a Ratatta chatters fiercely and a Sandshrew and Meowth stand uninterested. On the other, a Pidgey floats aside a Zubat in midair, with a Bellsprout underneath. The battle is intense. First to fight is the Ratatta. It sprints into the air, leaps onto a box and then quickly bounds off, colliding into the Pidgey. The Ratatta lands atop the bird and thrashes at it restlessly until the Pidgey escapes free, back into the air. The Bellsprout's trainer, Bella, quickly takes advantage of the type differential and attacks the Sandshrew with a Vine Whip. Before the Sandshrew even knows what hits it, it falls. The crowd gasps. The Meowth tries the same tactic as the Ratatta, but the opponent's Zubat dodges and counters, sinking its teeth into the back of the feline, a mere kitten. The battle rages on. The Meowth is the next to fall. Its trainer quickly recalls it to prevent further harm. The Ratatta and Pidgey square off, and the Zubat and Bellsprout prepare to gang up on the lone Ratatta. The Zubat zooms in for a Leech Life attack, but the Ratatta grabs the bat with its sharp claws and beats it against the ground. The attack is too much for the Zubat, and it too is recalled. Above the wreckage, the Pidgey is too smart to be fooled again. It flies high and away from any box or potential jumping platform. Unable to reach its opponent, the Ratatta watches from below, helpless as the Pidgey ends the battle quickly in two sweeping Gusts. The sailor raises the green flag. "Ratatta is unable to battle! Victory goes to the Red Team!"

The near-side team shouts in celebration. The two teams meet in the middle and talk about the match, each side congratulating each other. After a few minutes, the teams are led down to the bottom level of the ship, through the cafeteria and into the Pokemon Center where their fainted fighters can rest and heal their wounds.

Two hours pass, and the loud speakers emit a message heard in all rooms of the vessel. "The second battle will begin in five minutes! All combatants must meet on the battlefield now!"

As the newly-formed team of six ascends to the main deck, they find that the bleachers are already full. The crowd noise is deafening and terrifying (as if the pending fight wasn't nerve-wracking enough). Five of their six opponents are at the other end. A large boy stands in the middle of the field, looking around, turning his head between the two groups. "Steve, are you kidding me!?" Elliot yells from across the deck, her hands on her hips. Her feisty attitude is infectious.
"Oh, right." Steve shuffles across the field back to his team. His pants hang low beneath his ass and his shaggy blond hair hangs out beneath his ripped red cap. The bumbling fool meets his team across the battlefield.

Above the opposing team, the monitor atop the back wall flashes on again and the photos are displayed. It's quite an awesome experience to be displayed for the first time as a Pokemon Trainer. The teams are displayed as follows:

Brand (Vulpix) vs Shinji (Poliwag)
Vivi (Machop) vs Erik (Abra)
Vai (Oddish) vs Valery (Dratini)
Terry (Geodude) vs Elliot (Bulbasaur)
Moxie (Pikachu) vs Aiden (Cubone)
Jim (Staryu) vs Steve (Magikarp)

The sailor from the last match arrives at midfield, raises his green flag, and points it to Moxie's team. "You are the Red Team," He then points his other at his opposition, "and you are the Green Team. When I lower my flags, release your Pokemon. Remember! Once a Pokemon faints, it is out of the battle. Recall your Pokemon once it falls, and stop all attacks once yours defeats its opponent. Now! Get ready!" The sailor begins to back out of the center of the battlefield. Her drops his arms with strength. The flags make a loud woosh. The air displaced by the flags seem to fly through each combatants' body, stealing whatever air stored in their lungs. "Fight!"

Sitzkrieg
2010-03-02, 04:43 PM
Terry
As the sailor explains everything Terry already knows, the boy takes a final look at his teammates. I wish we'd spent more time planning this, instead of getting those snacks. Still, he's confident that his team has a pretty good shot. Watching Elliot across the battlefloor only makes him want to win more. Let's see the looks on those a******s faces when Geodude crushes their pokemon. We'll see who can still laugh then. His grip on his pokeball tightens. A split second after the the sailor's cry, Terry's already shouting, anticipating the call to fight. "Go! Geodude!"

JGMafia1
2010-03-03, 11:00 PM
Brand

Brand moves to the trainer line, cuddling his Vulpix in his arms. He lets her dowm and she bounds off towards the center field. Brand hopes she doesn't get too hurt, after all Shinji will probably fling every one of his attacks at his pokemon. You know I really should learn martial arts just so I can punch him square in the nuts.

Red Mage
2010-03-04, 12:28 AM
Vivi
Lass Vivi's eyes gaze across the field, from the faces of the competitors and then back to her own hands. Beneath her intertwined fingers lives a new journey, a new adventure. The pokeball feels warm, she has been clutching it in her little, but weathered hands, and sitting with it planted firmly in her lap. Shes yet to release its contents, for fear that Machop may not accept her as a proper trainer. I have to exude confidence...for my Machop! She brings the pokeball close to her face and, in an almost whisper, It's the beginning of your story, Machop. Let's write it together. "It's time now Machop! Our Time Now! I Choose YOU!"

Vivi turns to the others and expounds upon what shes been thinking
"OK ALL, here's what Ive been thinking...
Here's a rough outline of strength by strength.
What we want is a match-up of something like this:

Moxie (Pikachu) vs Shinji (Poliwag)
Terry (Geodude) vs Erik (Abra)
Vivi (Machop) vs Valery (Dratini)
Brand (Vulpix) vs Elliot (Bulbasaur)
Vai (Oddish) vs Aiden (Cubone)
Jim (Staryu)vs Steve (Magikarp)
NOW remember, this isn't strict because there are some pokemon that take precedence in KO'ing. Namely: Poliwag. Poliwag has one major offensive move, and that is Bubble. It's known to be super-effective against both rock (Geodude) and fire (Vulpix). So our number one concern is taking it down. With pikachu's wicked speed he should be able to get in a good super-effective hit in first, but if it isnt down immediately, either Jim or Terry or I with Machop are gonna have to finish the job asap. ok?"

Mr Snufflewumps
2010-03-04, 12:41 AM
Jim
Jim takes his place next to the other trainers, not even bothering with an introduction I'm sure everyone is a little to wrapped up in the battle now to even care who I am. As he is just about to release his staryu his eyes meet those of is opponents, and locks directly on a face he had never wished to see again. Steve!! What the f*ck is he doing here, he hated pokemon. He beat me up for even mentioning my dream to his father. Flashbacks begin to flow into his head, constant berating, verbal, mental, and physical abuse, and all of it allowed because Steve was the boss' son. It's not fair, he took everything from me, and now he takes my one chance to get away? No. Not anymore. "Come on Staryu, time to fight back!"

Poshlost'
2010-03-04, 01:55 PM
Vai

Second from the left, Vai is squatting eye level with Oddish making a ham-fisted attempt at playing coach. "We're gonna do this just like Vivi said; put everything you've got into that Poliwag. We need to keep Vulpix and Geodude standing at all expenses!, err...costs,". Oddish gives an affirmative nod. "Oh," Vai smiles nervously, his heart-rate perceptibly quickens "don't think I didn't remember to get you something back at that concession stand!". A quick fish through his pockets produces a pea-green, tissue-thin clump. "This is a high-energy compound of plankton and lentils and a slew of other organic ingredients!". Oddish gobbles it from his Vai's cupped hand.

The two parties standoff beneath the shadlowless noon. When the flag falls, Oddish is charging out on Vulpix's flank, ready to provide cover. Give'em heck Oddish!

Shiace
2010-03-04, 02:02 PM
Moxie

Moxie's Pikachu sits in his lap and looks up at him through innocent eyes. "Remember what I told you? You gotta be tough out there, little guy. Go for the Poliwag and try and be quick about it." Pikachu looks up at him, smiling, and lets out a quick "Pika!" I don't know if he understands what I'm saying, or if he knows what's coming for him in there, but he's gotta be strong. Moxie ruffles the small Pokémon's head and smiles, then starts to place him on the ground. Pikachu leaps from his hands and dashes towards the other Pokémon, his face scrunched into a scowl, ready for action.

Hefty Lefty
2010-03-05, 12:51 PM
The six Pokemon spring onto the battlefield, either from their Trainer's arms or their Pokeballs. Across the battlefield, the opposing team holds their Pokeballs in their extended arms.

The two girls stand in the center of the line between the four boys. They couldn't be more different. Elliot stands about four inches taller than Valery. Her long blonde hair blows in the breeze. She stands stoically, her hand at her hip and strength in her eyes. Valery still clutches her Pokedoll tightly. Her pigtails drape over her ears, she has a blatant look of fear. While everyone else is looking forward, she is looking at her teammates with worry. She throws her Pokeball at the same time as Elliot. A beautiful Dratini emerges from the red light. Its smooth and slender body is coiled around itself. Elliot's Bulbasaur appears not a second later. It's blue body is a shade slightly brighter than the Dratini, but it's the large green bulb on its back that dominates the Pokemon's appearance. The Dratini is silent and majestic. The Bulbasaur emits a low growl and her legs bend and jump slightly, loosening herself up to battle.

Next to Elliot is Shinji and Aiden. The two seem to have become friends quickly on this ship. They sport a cocky smile and give each other a confidant nod, then toss their Pokeballs. From the brilliant red beams appear a Poliwag and a Cubone. The Poliwag looks so innocent. It's cute eyes and pursed pink lips on its big blue body give this Pokemon any appearance besides tough. It seems miraculous that its tiny legs can even hold up its large, round body. The Cubone, however, looks stern, sinister, and anything but cute. It wears a dried, sun-bleached white skull on its head and brandishes a bone to attack. His scaly orange body is so different from the wet and slippery Poliwag standing aside it.

At the same time, next to Valery, Steve and Erik stand ready to battle. Again, these two could not be more different. Steve wears ragged, baggy clothes and sports a dull, brainless expression. He looks as if he either just woke up, is high, or both. Erik on the other hand, has neatly pressed his clothes. Today is such an important day in his life, he must look his best. His hair is neat and clean. His shoes are polished, his slacks are free of any stains. He addresses the battlefield, and his opposition's Pokemon, with an intelligent eye. Steve limply tosses his Pokeball. It hooks down, as he didn't throw it with the strength and accuracy as Erik, whose Pokeball releases his precious Abra. The Abra stands with a powerful precense and a gaze that matches his trainers'. Likewise, Steve's Magikarp flops hopelessly and its eyes roll around, focusing on nothing at all. It's mouth hangs open, just like it's trainer's.

The twelve Pokemon are ready to battle. They eye each other with a terrifying glare. The crowd roars, amazed at the epic site of a six-on-six battle. The battle begins at the drop of the flags.

JGMafia1
2010-03-05, 01:55 PM
Brand

"Vulpix, use Ember on Bulbasaur." Vulpix complies and spits out small puffs of flame from its mouth, directed at the opposing grass-type. Now here's hoping my team takes down that Poliwag.

Red Mage
2010-03-05, 09:19 PM
"Machop! Low Kick that Poliwag after Pikachu gives it a good jolt!" Machop surges forward cocking its leg back waiting to hook and drop the water-type with deadly accuracy. With his innate martial skill, he is even prepared to tumble and adjust his sweep to wriggling dratini if his target has already been felled.

Poshlost'
2010-03-05, 10:15 PM
Vai

A swarm of green sparks seem to burrow into Oddish as the margins of its leaves graze Poliwag. That's it Oddish, Absorb! Oddish darts back halfway between Vulpix and Polywag.

Shiace
2010-03-06, 01:47 AM
Moxie

"Pikachu! Thundershock Poliwag!" Pikachu races towards Poliwag and releases a blinding discharge of electricity. The white flash engulfs the battling Pokémon and in an instant is gone, leaving a bright streaking afterimage in Moxie's eyes.

Mr Snufflewumps
2010-03-07, 10:33 PM
Jim
"Staryu, use takle on poliwag" shouts Jim. Staryu rushes across the field and throws all of his force into poliwag.
1d10 and if poliwag fainted from the attacks before change it to bulbasaur

Mr Snufflewumps
2010-03-07, 10:35 PM
heres the roll since it didn't show up
[roll0]

Sitzkrieg
2010-03-07, 11:00 PM
"Geodude! Use tackle! Geodude skirts the edges of the battlefield, looking for a chance to catch his greatest foe, Poliwag, off its guard. If his teammates have already taken care of Poliwag, Geodude will launch an attack against Cubone instead. Take that, you jerk! You stay away from her.

[roll0]

Hefty Lefty
2010-03-08, 01:10 AM
Pokemon Initiative Order
1. Highest roll of Pikachu vs. Poliwag vs. Abra
4. Highest roll of Staryu vs. Magikarp
6. Vulpix
7. Highest roll of Dratini vs. Bulbasaur
9. Highest roll of Geodude vs. Cubone vs. Machop vs. Oddish

Pikachu [roll0]
Poliwag [roll1]
Abra [roll2]
Staryu [roll3]
Magikarp [roll4]
Dratini [roll5]
Bulbasaur [roll6]
Geodude [roll7]
Cubone [roll8]
Machop [roll9]
Oddish [roll10]

Hefty Lefty
2010-03-08, 01:57 AM
In a flash, Moxie's Pikachu bolts onto the battlefield and blasts Shinji's Poliwag with a Thundershock. The jolt lands straight into the tadpole, and it is sent flying off its feet. "Hey, you watch where you aim that rat!"
If 1, Poliwag is Paralyzed. [roll0]
Shinji's Poliwag struggles to its feet; brown smoke smolders off its burns. It bravely charges into battle and shoots a fury of bubbles at the dainty Vulpix.
If 1, Vulpix's Speed is lowered. [roll1]
Vulpix is reduced to 9 out of 18 HP.
Erik silently commands his Abra with nothing but a nod. The Abra begins to glow, then vanishes into thin air. Just as the crowd begins to gasp in amazement, the Abra reappears at the feet of its surprised trainer.
Staryu charges across the deck and rams the enemy Poliwag. This time, the Poliwag does not fall, but brushes off the attack and stands firm.
"Get 'em Magikarp!" However, much to Steve's dismay, his Magikarp doesn't attack anyone. In fact, it doesn't do much of anything. It just flops it a small puddle it found on the deck. "Aww Magikarp..."
The Vulpix coughs as it recovers from the bubbles. It shakes its fur coat and leaps towards Elliot's Bulbasaur, shooting small puffs of flames from its mouth.
If 1, Bulbasaur is burned. [roll2]
"No! Bulbasaur, duck out!" Elliot calls to her Bulbasaur, who is just able to avoid being blackened by her opponent. "Now, tackle that Pikachu!" The Bulbasaur shrugs off the pain and jumps on the Pikachu, punching and kicking it with her short legs.
Pikachu is reduced to 13 out of 17 HP.
The Dratini slowly uncoils itself and directs itself, too, on the Pikachu. It snakes over to the mouse and wraps itself around the Pikachu, rendering it unable to move.
Pikachu is unable to move next round.
Pikachu is reduced to 10 out of 17 HP.
Geodude hurries over to the damaged Poliwag and tries to finish it off early with a diving Tackle. The attack is a devastating one, and the Poliwag goes limp in Geodude's full body tackle.
"Poliwag is unable to battle!"
Shinji's face along with his Poliwag's photograph on the large display monitor is dimmed. "Are you kidding me!?"
In fear or anger, or perhaps both, the rival team's Cubone lets off a sinister growl.
Geodude's Attack is reduced.
Machop, sprinting toward the Poliwag, diverts his attack once he sees it fall to the hands of Geodude. He twists his body, and leaps backward, diving to the ground just under the belly of the twisted Dratini. Pikachu feels the blow of the hit, but Dratini absorbs almost all of the damage.
If 1, 2, or 3, Dratini flinches. [roll3]
Lastly, Vai's Oddish, darting behind Vulpix, watches Poliwag fall and looks for an opponent to attack.

JGMafia1
2010-03-08, 12:54 PM
Brand

All right, that takes care of the hardest hurdle. If only Vulpix didn't have to suffer such an attack so early in the fight. "Ok, finish off Bulbasaur." Just like previously, small jets of flame rocket towards the helpless sprout.

Ember on Bulbsaur [roll0]

Mr Snufflewumps
2010-03-08, 04:15 PM
Jim
"Great job staryu, now take out that Cubone!" Once again staryu dashes across the feild and shreds at cubone with his spikes before dashing away.

Sitzkrieg
2010-03-08, 05:02 PM
Terry
Terry is exultant after Geodude's successful attack. I should really attack Bulbasaur...but it's Elliot's..."Geodude, try to draw off that Dratini!" Geodude throws itself at the writhing Dratini, but will instead lash out at Cubone if Dratini is fainted.

Roll for John: miss#1[roll0]
Miss #1:[roll1]

Red Mage
2010-03-08, 06:54 PM
Vivi

"Ya Machop! Nice Hit! Dratini flinched!"
Vivi pumps her fist up into the air to get machop's attention, and points, "Help pikachu! Low Kick that dratini away from him!

If 1, 2, or 3, Dratini flinches yet again, or if KO'd go for bulbasaur, if ko'd go for Cubone [roll0]

Poshlost'
2010-03-08, 08:58 PM
Vai

Ok Oddish, same thing, but this time target Cubone! Oddish hurries towards Cubone hoping not to be once again outpaced by the other pokemon.

Shiace
2010-03-09, 02:18 AM
Moxie

Pikachu struggles to get out of the Dratini's grip but is unable to move!

Shiace
2010-03-09, 02:21 AM
Pikachu says, "Pika!"

Hefty Lefty
2010-03-09, 10:24 PM
Moxie's poor Pikachu screams and struggles but is unable to fight against the squeezing Dratini. While the Dratini maintains its hold, it doesn't tighten its grip on the little mouse.
For the first time all battle, Erik speaks to his Abra. "Come now, attack that Vulpix." The Abra slowly walks towards its foe, but doesn't quite know how to approach the situation. It grabs Vulpix's twisting, fluffy tail, and tries to climb onto its back. The Vulpix's eyes shoot wide open, and it begins to aggressively fight back. The two wrestle for a short time before the Abra is finally pushed off.
Vulpix is reduced to 6 of 18 HP.
The Staryu is next up to attack. It darts across the battlefield and shreds at the Cubone with its spikes.
"Magikarp, go get the Vulpix! Spray it with water or something." The Magikarp starts to flop towards the Vulpix, but it reaches the edge of its puddle and flops back. It emits a dull airy gasp. "You dumbass..."
Vulpix rears back its head an chars Bulbasaur. It quickly falls to the ground with a thud. "No!" Elliot recalls her Pokemon as her image, too, is dimmed from the display. She screams in frustration and walks over to Shinji.
Geodude makes its way over to the Dratini. It grabs the serpent with its cold hard hands and tugs and slams the coiled monster, desperately trying to free its teammate Pikachu.
Cubone again roars amidst the melee.
Machop's Attack is lowered.
Machop stands proud in its fighting stance and delivers another Low Kick to its defenseless target. The Dratini yelps but still keeps hold of the wriggling Pikachu.
Vai's Oddish, who had until now been unseen in combat, begins to glow a bright yellow. A large orb appears over its head and shoots from its stalks. It bounces off Cubone's skull, and back into the Oddish.
Oddish is revived to 18 out of 18 HP.

JGMafia1
2010-03-09, 11:52 PM
Brand

Oh crap, she can't keep taking hits like this. "A little help here guys." Vulpix shakes her tails furiously, spreading fiery sparks all over the lethargic Abra.

Ember on Abra [roll0], 2nd choice being Dratini, and 3rd Cubone

Red Mage
2010-03-10, 12:34 AM
Vivi

"Terry! Help Vulpix!" screams Vivi, knowing they are entering a dangerous situation. "Machop! finish off that Dratini with another low Kick! Get Pikachu free!

1,2, or 3 another flinch [roll0], if someone decides to do the stupid thing and attack dratini first, go for cubone

Shiace
2010-03-11, 08:02 PM
Moxie

Pikachu continues to struggle, unable to break free from Dratini's grasp.
Kill that damn Dratini! Moxie is tense, seeing his Pikachu in such a dire position.

Sitzkrieg
2010-03-13, 02:28 PM
Terry
I'm glad these guys took care of that for me... Terry is eager to turn his attention onto the other boys on Elliot's team. "Geodude! Attack Abra!"
Tackle:[roll0] (Second priority Dratini, then Cubone)

Hefty Lefty
2010-03-14, 11:15 PM
Pikachu continues to struggle, yet it takes no further damage thanks to a fearsome Machop.
"That's it," Erik coaches his Abra, "Come on, keep trying." The Abra again approaches the enemy Vulpix with no real strategy, and claws at it until the Vulpix whips it off.
Vulpix is reduced to 3 of 18 HP.
Steve and Valery's Pokemon are useless for yet another round. Geodude, however, storms over to the Abra with authority and delivers another blow.
The loud Cubone dominates the battlefield with its terrifying growl.
Machop's Attack is lowered.
Vivi's Machop aims to finish off the coiled Dratini and set Pikachu free with one final blow, yet it holds strong, at least for the time being.

Red Mage
2010-03-14, 11:59 PM
Vivi

"Will someone shut up that Cubone??! Dont get upset Machop!" Vivi begins to become frustrated with the match, as nothing momentousness has been accomplished by either side. It's a good even level bout...we have an immobilized teammate and one near KO...they've lost one, but are ganging up in the right places... "Machop, you can do it! Keeping hammering away at that dratini!"

if 1, 2, or 3: a fourth flinch. If through a fluke dratini is KO'ed, attack Cubone. [roll0]

Mr Snufflewumps
2010-03-15, 12:33 AM
Jim
"Alright Staryu, time to show what we're really made of. Go take down that Cubone!" Once more staryu shreds away at the hard headed cubone with all it has.
Miss: 1 [roll0]

JGMafia1
2010-03-15, 08:34 AM
Brand

"Ok Vulpix only about one more round of this and we should be in the clear. Fire away." Vulpix fires off another set of embers toward Abra.

Ember[roll0] Burn on a 10

Shiace
2010-03-15, 03:08 PM
Pikachu continues to struggle in desperation, ready to explode with an outbust of lightning but unable to. They need to get that Dratini!

Poshlost'
2010-03-16, 11:10 PM
"Keep on that Cubone Oddish!" Oddish continues to plug away, taking yet another orb of energy from Cubone.

Sitzkrieg
2010-03-17, 10:57 PM
Terry
"Relax, alright! Cubone's not hurting anyone! It's this Abra we've gotta finish off!" Terry waves Geodude at Abra again. "C'mon! Get 'em, Geodude!" Hopefully we can keep the Vulpix up!

Tackle: [roll0] (Misses on 1, secondary Dratini, then Cubone)

Hefty Lefty
2010-03-19, 10:26 AM
Erik's Abra continues to ride a thrashing Vulpix, punching and kicking anything it can.
Vulpix is reduced to 0 of 18 HP.
The Abra rolls off, exhausted, when the Vulpix falls to the ground. It's tongue hangs open and it lies motionless on the boat deck.
"Vulpix is unable to battle!" Brand's photo and partner are dimmed on the large screen.
Staryu leaps forward and launches itself at the screeching Cubone. The Cubone collapses under the weight of the Staryu, and is unable to get up.
"Cubone is unable to battle!"
Despite the drama of the battle, Steve's Magikarp still continues to flop aimlessly. His teammate's Dratini holds Pikachu strong, but fails to deal damage again.
Geodude, again, storms across the battlefield and delivers a hardy blow, this time to the Abra.

Shiace
2010-03-22, 06:32 PM
Pikachu continues to struggle

Mr Snufflewumps
2010-03-23, 11:38 AM
JIm
"That a way Staryu, only two left now!" Jim eyes the pathetic Magikarp flopping in a puddle and almost feels sorry for Steve, that Magikarp is worthless, at least Abra is causing some damage "Staryu take out that Abra!"
miss on 1:[roll0] if abra is already down attack magikarp

Red Mage
2010-03-23, 08:23 PM
LOWA KICKU-daiyo!

if 1,2, 0r 3, dratini ******* out. [roll0]

Sitzkrieg
2010-03-25, 12:18 AM
Terry
"That's too bad Geodude, Vulpix is down already! Let's save pikachu instead!" Geodude lumbers behind the Dratini and launches an attack into the back of the twitching dragon's head.

Miss on 1: [roll0] (Secondaries Abra, Magikarp)

Poshlost'
2010-03-25, 11:00 AM
Oddish does what he does best (absorb) on Cubone, Dratini or Magikarp (in that order of preference).

Hefty Lefty
2010-03-25, 11:12 AM
Jim's Staryu springs up on its side and charges into Abra.
Machop delivers a fifth fearsome blow into the Dratini, and finally, it blacks out in extreme pain.
"Dratini is unable to battle!" Pikachu leaps out of the Dratini's grasp as soon as it can. The Pikachu runs around its trainer's legs, shakes its short fur from its shoulders down to its spine, then emits sparks from its red cheeks in anger.
Geodude storms across the battlefield and drops his rock hard fists on Abra's skull. The Abra stumbles backward, then forward. It attempts to Teleport away, but the faint blue aura around it quickly dims.
"Abra is unable to battle!"
Vai's Oddish eyes the lone Magikarp as it flops helplessly, the last remaining member of its team. A large green orb grows around the Oddish's ferns and saps life from the Magikarp.

Sitzkrieg
2010-03-25, 07:31 PM
Terry
Yes! We've got this one!
"Take him down, Geodude!"
miss on 1: [roll0]

Red Mage
2010-03-25, 07:36 PM
Vivi

"Machop! Join in on this CARP BEATDOWN!!"

flinch on 1,2,3 *crosses fingers* [roll0]

Shiace
2010-03-26, 02:01 AM
Moxie

Pikachu glares at the flopping Magikarp and charges, releasing a deadly bolt of electricity.

if 1, Magikarp is paralyzed [roll0]

Poshlost'
2010-03-26, 10:52 AM
Vai

Oddish begins to draw energy from Magikarp. But at the rate we're going at, Magikarp will probably be down for the count before Oddish can even finish.

Mr Snufflewumps
2010-03-26, 02:53 PM
Jim
Jim looks at the poor magikarp taking the beating, and Steve's dumb face hoping it will do something worthwhile, and feels pity for the poor oaf. He had no idea what he was doing this whole time he thinks and murmurs"Staryu, finish off that magikarp"
miss on 1[roll0]

Hefty Lefty
2010-04-03, 08:36 PM
In a tidal wave of fury, the Red Team mauls the helpless Magikarp. The Pikachu, finally free to electrocute, leads the charge. Steve recalls his Pokemon as soon as he can, to avoid the attacks. The referee raises his red flag. "Magikarp is unable to battle! The Red Team wins!" The last picture on the screen dims for the Green Team. The crowd erupts in cheers.
Victory!
All Pokemon receive 42 EXP points!
All Pokemon receive:
+1 Attack
+1 Defense
+2 Special Attack
+2 Special Defense
"That was such b*llsh*t!" Shinji complains, "Half our team did nothing!"
"My Abra is too young. It's not a physical combatant, so we can't expect it to be." Erik is clearly upset with the way his team acted during the battle.
Valery approaches at his side. "Yeah, we need to give our Pokemon time to grow. One day maybe Tini can be strong enough to not flinch..."
The team quickly escorts itself downstairs to recover the health of their Pokemon in the PokeCenter on the bottom floor.

Mr Snufflewumps
2010-04-04, 12:51 PM
Jim
Jim stands in complete shock as the crowd erupts in celebration around his team. I....I can't belie....did we really just..... As Jim's Staryu hovers its way back to him, Jim falls to his knees and gives it the biggest hug he can manage. "As long as we stick together staryu, we can do anything." He whispers to his new friend. Still holding onto his staryu he stands up and turns to his teammates who are in the midst of their celebration. "Umm...Hey guys, great job out on the field right there...I uh...I never properly introduced myself. My names Jim, and this is my staryu." Jim stumbles over the words as they come out of his mouth and quickly puts his hand out in an attempt for a handshake. Oh God they're gonna hate me.

JGMafia1
2010-04-04, 01:32 PM
Brand

Unfortunately Brand is absent from all the celebration that is taking place above him in the stadium. As soon as his Vulpix fainted he quickly scooped her up and went straight to the PokeCenter below. "Nurse, my Vulpix could really use some help right now." He plops her down on the counter and waits for assistance.

Red Mage
2010-04-04, 11:38 PM
Vivi

Vivi gives a quick, but enthused nod to jim, turning from her machop to face him.
"Hehe Good job Jimmy! you and staryu compliment well!"

Now turning back to her partner, she raises her hands in a defensive stance "You and that guard of yours are gonna go places, hehe!" Machop ***** his head back in a proud affirming motion, and quickly snaps off a few jabs and crosses. "Thats right! You and me gotta keep training. We're gonna be the best!"

suddenly vivi realizes the absence of her cousin Brand from the fanfare. "Oh nooo machop, what about vulpix!!? Brand may be a bit jaded on the outside, but inside hes a softie-softie...lets go help"

Vivi turns and makes her usual awkward bow to jim and the group, and begins off after brands trail.
and with that

Sitzkrieg
2010-04-06, 12:32 AM
Terry

Stepping in from the edge of the trainer pad to fill in after Vivi's awkward exit, he takes Jim's hand in a solid, almost painfully cramped grip. "Jim? I'm Terry. Your Staryu did well. Nice knockout." Terry has a tight-lipped grin that doesn't extend to the dull eyes behind his glasses. "I'm glad Staryu is on our team. I'd hate to see Geodude have to go up against him." At the mention of his name, Geodude clambers across the arena and rests for a moment at Terry's ankle before being absorbed back into its pokeball. "Anyway, I don't really know anyone else here." His eyes flick to a spot above Jim's shoulder for a second, then he turns to the other two remaining on the platform. "I'm sorry, it's M-something, right? And little Vai." He solemnly offers his hand to both as the group is escorted out of the arena.

Shiace
2010-04-06, 12:42 AM
Moxie

"Well, I'd say we did a damn good job! Beat those bastards to a pulp!" Moxie nods at Jim and introduces himself, "I'm Moxie." His attention then turns to Vai. "Hey, your Oddish was looking good out there." I wonder how Aiden took that, being beat to a pulp by us. Son of a bitch probably thought he had a fighting chance. This is a good group we have here.

Poshlost'
2010-04-06, 07:46 AM
Vai

Most of Our Heroes are huddled over a single half-washed table in an already overcrowded cafe area spilling their life stories. -covered entirely in ranch dressing! We were pulling off those leeches for the next- Brand! Vivi! Overe here! Vai's head perks up out of his bowl. Brandnvivi!!! Vulpix, h-how is she? The Fox Pokemon's head perks out of Brand's cradled arms. Uiiii!!....but that's certainly an improvement over the way she was out cold... Don't worry, we saved some doughnuts just for you two! And I've got some organic Snackey Squares for Vulpix, containing of twenty seven vital vitamins and minerals a third of her recommended daily protein! It's atrocious! There has to be a safer way of doing these pokebattles. Brand and Vivi take their places around the table and join the exchange. At the tip of the horizon, an airplane leaves a faint trail in its wake.

Hefty Lefty
2010-04-07, 07:17 AM
"Your Pokemon is fighting fit!" The red-haired PokeCenter attendant says with a smile. "We hope to see you again!" She hands back Brand his Pokemon. As he leaves the healing center, he shirks by the defeated team. The rest of my team really should heal. Or at least go get some Potions right there in the PokeCenter... He sits down with the group and enjoys some tasty treats when Vai arrives.

Episode Three - The Rocket Ship Takes Off!

Eventually, as they eat their food, everyone else in the lower deck moves upstairs towards the dorms. The party continues to eat down below until they are aroused by a loud scream up above.

Mr Snufflewumps
2010-04-07, 10:32 AM
Jim
Jim's laughter over one of vivi's stories about training with her brother is cut short by the scream, "What in the world was that?" He says while raising to his feet. It sounded like someone got hurt, we need to go and help, or at least find someone who can. "I think we need to go check it out guys." Jim turns and hurries for the stairs, hoping that the group is following his lead.

JGMafia1
2010-04-09, 11:03 AM
Brand

"You know they have security on ships for just this reason. It's probably just some guy or girl who lost control of their pokemon. The last thing it could be is pirates." I'm pretty sure too that Team Magma or Aqua doesn't operate in this area anyway and they're the only ones that really do any ship hijackings. Brand grabs one of Vai's squares and a piece of jerky and feeds it to Vulpix on the seat next to his before taking a bite of his own sandwich. "Thanks, and sorry for just arbitrarily most of you for that match but I figured it would work out for everyone." Except me apparently. "Maybe this team could be more permanent too once we reach the mainland. I'll probably stick with Vivi being that we know each other but what are all your plans?"

Sitzkrieg
2010-04-10, 03:05 AM
Terry

Terry's eyes dart behind his smudged glasses. "I don't really want to go back up there yet. Brand's probably right, Jim. But you check it out and if it's worth seeing come back here and let us know, okay?" His plastic seat creaks when he adjusts to face Brand. "Oh, it's no problem. I'm glad we have such a strong group together. Strength in numbers and all. It will keep us safe. It might be worth our while to stick together even after we reach the mainland. I mean, nobody should travel alone." He nervously changes the subject. "Have you ever heard the stories about Sandslash building networks of underground tunnels in the desert? Fascinating. I've always wanted to see them myself, if we're traveling anyway.

Mr Snufflewumps
2010-04-10, 03:21 AM
Jim
Jim walks up the stairs leaving the group down so they can continue talking, something about that scream didn't seem right to me he thinks while releasing his staryu. He starts searching the upper decks for the source of the scream

JGMafia1
2010-04-10, 10:50 AM
Brand

"I have heard of them and would also like to see them. Onix tunnels are supposed to be even more impressive though, large enough for us to even walk through and other pokemon to thrive in." Brand pours himself two cups of water and offers one to his Vulpix. "By the way I notice none of you have your pokemon out aside from me. You afraid they'll go crazy or something?"

Hefty Lefty
2010-04-11, 07:43 AM
Jim walks up the stairs, with his Staryu aside him, and spies the ship's crew pushing kids into their dormitories. Two sailors are ascening upstairs to the main deck.

Shiace
2010-04-11, 02:08 PM
Moxie

"I'll go with Jim; if it IS something dangerous I wouldn't want him going up to face it alone. You guys stay down here we'll be back soon." Moxie releases Pikachu and creeps up the stairs after Jim.

Sitzkrieg
2010-04-12, 08:58 PM
Terry

"Haha, I'd hate to wander straight into one of those beasts though! Wouldn't it be great to have an Onix? You'd be unstoppable!" Terry takes the pitcher of water after Brand sets it down and pours himself a glass. "Well, it's not like he's hurt or anything. And Geodudes absorb all the moisture they need through their skin. It's a rock thing. It's not as adorable, but, well, I'm not really looking for that." Anymore.

Hefty Lefty
2010-04-13, 09:09 PM
As Jim and Moxie ascend the stairs, two sailors spot the spies and chase them to the top of the staircase. "Hey! You kids! Stop" The run to the top of the stairs and hold out their Pokeballs. "You just got yourselves into a world of trouble!"