PDA

View Full Version : Trying to identify a Forgotten Relm novel.

AgentofOdd
2010-01-31, 10:48 AM
...At least I think it was Forgotten Realm, it had a brief appearance from Lloth. From what I remember there were two main characters, a human male that did melee and a... fairy I think that cast magic. There was also a talking pelt, and some boozer in there as well. What really stood out for me is that unlike most Forgotten Realm books, it had a fairly comical tone. For example in the end:the characters end up defeating Lloth by giving her a massive divine hangover. Does anyone remember something like this? Any help would be appreciated. :smallsmile:

Angrist
2010-02-01, 12:35 AM
I think you might mean "Decent into the Depths of the Earth" by Paul Kidd, it was a "Greyhawk" novel.

AgentofOdd
2010-02-01, 06:05 AM
Yep, that's the one. Thank you. :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge
2010-02-01, 10:08 AM
Ah, that was a good series!

Paul Kidd wrote three books with those characters... White Plume Mountain, Queen of the Demonweb Pits, and Descent into the Depths of the Earth. Good, solid characters who were competent without being mary-sueish, an oddball mix of races and backgrounds among the protagonists that got weirder as the series went on, and an awesomely humorous tone that still could get serious and gripping at the drop of a hat.

I wouldn't say it's the best gaming fiction I've ever read, but those three books are way the hell up there. I'm hoping WOTC gets Paul to write more of these someday, he hit the ball out of the park with'em.

Nerd-o-rama
2010-02-01, 10:37 AM
I didn't know there were Final Fantasy VI novels.

I guess that's what "Forgotten" means, though...