PDA

View Full Version : In need of help 3.5 Half Blood Daelkyr

Obahai
2010-01-31, 12:56 PM
Looking to make a Half Blood Daelkyr for an Eberron campaign and not sure on what to make. Just looking for class/prc and feat suggestions,

but a Half Blood Daelkyr monk seems pretty interesting and possibly very nasty

The Glyphstone
2010-01-31, 12:59 PM
In b4 Swordsage.

do half-Daelkyr's get bonuses to grafts? i think there's a graft-focused PrC to aim for if they do.

Optimystik
2010-01-31, 01:10 PM
Ask your DM if he'll let you take the Aberrant feats from LoM without having to take the Aberrant Blood prerequisite. That will give you nice tricks like reach, tentacles and flight.

Set
2010-01-31, 01:18 PM
Looking to make a Half Blood Daelkyr for an Eberron campaign and not sure on what to make. Just looking for class/prc and feat suggestions,

My Xendrik Expeditions character was a Daelkyr Halfblood Warlock.

Here are his stats at level four (http://www.skiltair.com/Ian/Xendrik%20characters/Warlock%20Piet.htm) and level six. (http://www.skiltair.com/Ian/Xendrik%20characters/Warlock%20Piet%202.htm)

Obahai
2010-01-31, 03:09 PM
In b4 Swordsage.

do half-Daelkyr's get bonuses to grafts? i think there's a graft-focused PrC to aim for if they do.

Swordsage, out of Tome of Battle? 95% chance of seeing that idea get shot down

Obahai
2010-01-31, 03:14 PM
In b4 Swordsage.

Out of Magic of Eberron there is one called Impure Prince, that is an option, but i don't want to be a caster

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-31, 03:22 PM
I've played them as decent melee rangers before. The Symbionts help to give them that needed staying power in combat. See if you can use a variant combat style tough.

Steveotep
2010-01-31, 03:44 PM
The best reason for playing a Half-Blood Daelkyr Impure Prince is that you can name your character "Severus Snape". :smallbiggrin:

realbombchu
2010-01-31, 04:00 PM
A rogue or a sorcerer would each be common choices. A hexblade might be cool. Have you decided which symboint you're gonna have on him? I like this race's fluff, but I would really like to see a rewrite of the crunch. That's just me, though.

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-31, 04:35 PM
A rogue or a sorcerer would each be common choices. A hexblade might be cool. Have you decided which symboint you're gonna have on him? I like this race's fluff, but I would really like to see a rewrite of the crunch. That's just me, though.

Or at least some support. I'd settle for a wealth equivalent chart for ALL published symbionts (a small list indeed, most are covered, but the ones in FF aren't and a few of them are damn good). Maybe a few that are useful for higher levels of play or at least rules to scale them up with your character.

Obahai
2010-02-01, 10:19 AM
Or at least some support. I'd settle for a wealth equivalent chart for ALL published symbionts (a small list indeed, most are covered, but the ones in FF aren't and a few of them are damn good). Maybe a few that are useful for higher levels of play or at least rules to scale them up with your character.

Starting play around 5th lvl as a psychic warrior gives me two very very breakable symbiotes. The crawling gauntlet and the scarab (forget what it's called). The claw gives me a natural attack which allows me to funnel all sorts of nasty psychic warrior powers through.

hiryuu
2010-02-01, 10:44 AM
Starting play around 5th lvl as a psychic warrior gives me two very very breakable symbiotes. The crawling gauntlet and the scarab (forget what it's called). The claw gives me a natural attack which allows me to funnel all sorts of nasty psychic warrior powers through.

It gives you one symbiote, unless you buy more with character wealth.

AirGuitarGod32
2010-02-01, 12:26 PM
My Xendrik Expeditions character was a Daelkyr Halfblood Warlock.

Here are his stats at level four (http://www.skiltair.com/Ian/Xendrik%20characters/Warlock%20Piet.htm) and level six. (http://www.skiltair.com/Ian/Xendrik%20characters/Warlock%20Piet%202.htm)

Seconded.

Plus, I actually suggest (If it is non-humanoid) Soul Eater. Somehow, I think of blasting some poor sap with an eldritch blast and then ripping their soul from their seared carcass......

Too evil?

Obahai
2010-02-01, 04:46 PM
It gives you one symbiote, unless you buy more with character wealth.

thanks for the correction on that...

but just on a hunch my dm is going to be very pleased/annoyed about how brutal my psy warrior touch attacks are going to be

Deth Muncher
2010-02-01, 05:22 PM
Seconded.

Plus, I actually suggest (If it is non-humanoid) Soul Eater. Somehow, I think of blasting some poor sap with an eldritch blast and then ripping their soul from their seared carcass......

Too evil?

Sounds like a WoW Warlock to me, if you rip their soul from them into some sort of Soul Gem which you can use as a material component for something.

AirGuitarGod32
2010-02-01, 06:40 PM
Sounds like a WoW Warlock to me, if you rip their soul from them into some sort of Soul Gem which you can use as a material component for something.

oh. cool! I didn't realise thats how it worked

hiryuu
2010-02-02, 12:07 AM
thanks for the correction on that...

but just on a hunch my dm is going to be very pleased/annoyed about how brutal my psy warrior touch attacks are going to be

For 2k gp per you can snag a +1 Fort saves and +7 hp with the Breed Leeches. I've seen hp totals in the insane with them involved. We once had a half-blood who used downtime when we had weeks or months of it to grow symbiotes for the party.

Zephyros
2010-02-02, 01:30 AM
If you wanna focus on Symbionts Impure Prince is the way to go. If I recall correctly you get more of those creepy little things (which regrettably are a bit lackluster in power). As a Daelkyr Half-blood you have easier access to the prestige class (you get one of the prerequisite feats for free). Even if you want to go with PsyWar it will help you in the following ways:
1. Full BAB
2. 5/7 caster progression (arguable but I think most DMs will allow it)
3. Some tanky-perks along the way.
4. You can enter at 6th level without much tinkering and decide whether or not to leave it at 6 or 7 (whether or not to take the ML hit) and continue with Slayer (which if I might add combine very well thematically -remember Illithids are agents of the Daelkyr in Eberron)

As far as Symbionts go, I really liked the shadow-twin one, if I found myself in the thick of battle with something really nasty coming my way. The rest I think you already had it covered by others.

Obahai
2010-02-02, 07:05 PM
If you wanna focus on Symbionts Impure Prince is the way to go. If I recall correctly you get more of those creepy little things (which regrettably are a bit lackluster in power). As a Daelkyr Half-blood you have easier access to the prestige class (you get one of the prerequisite feats for free). Even if you want to go with PsyWar it will help you in the following ways:
1. Full BAB
2. 5/7 caster progression (arguable but I think most DMs will allow it)
3. Some tanky-perks along the way.
4. You can enter at 6th level without much tinkering and decide whether or not to leave it at 6 or 7 (whether or not to take the ML hit) and continue with Slayer (which if I might add combine very well thematically -remember Illithids are agents of the Daelkyr in Eberron)

As far as Symbionts go, I really liked the shadow-twin one, if I found myself in the thick of battle with something really nasty coming my way. The rest I think you already had it covered by others.

The problem is that I have to have either favored enemy:aberrations or the gatekeeper init feat. By 8th level and the education feat, i have skills covered. Just trying to figure out how to qualify for the gatekeeper init feat, b/c it's totally worth it

Zephyros
2010-02-04, 10:39 PM
Well... You can ask for FE as a feat (isn't there one at Complete Warrior? I always forget) , or take one of this legacy feats (fey one?) that gives SNA as a spell-like and try to qualify that way? Or just take a level in ranger :smallsigh: (which is a bit on the weak side to be honest for your build)

Obahai
2010-02-06, 10:18 AM
Well... You can ask for FE as a feat (isn't there one at Complete Warrior? I always forget) , or take one of this legacy feats (fey one?) that gives SNA as a spell-like and try to qualify that way? Or just take a level in ranger :smallsigh: (which is a bit on the weak side to be honest for your build)

What's FE and where are the legacy feats? Thanks for the suggestion though

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-06, 10:33 AM
FE= Favored Enemy and as for the legacy I know of feat trees in Complete Mage or Arcane, which goes something like _____ heritage, ____ Power ____ Legacy, it gives you some bonuses and abilities regarding your heritages for example the Fey legacy gives you some Natury themed SLAs but I don't think that is what is being suggested

Magnor Criol
2010-02-06, 12:37 PM
Worst comes to worst, maybe you can dip a level or two of ranger. Ranger's a melee class like PsyWar, so it wouldn't be the end of the world, though it wouldn't advance your psychic powah.

I'd ask your DM if you can maybe swap favored enemy for a bonus feat at some level (essentially you're homebrewing an FE feat; I wasn't able to find one listed on crystal keep.) Seems a reasonable trade to me as long as you're asking for just the bonus that one time, and aren't expecting to get advancement with it (i.e., you're asking for a feat that gives you a static +2 bonus to some stuff, you're not asking for the class feature which gradually gets stronger).

Obahai
2010-02-07, 09:35 AM
Worst comes to worst, maybe you can dip a level or two of ranger. Ranger's a melee class like PsyWar, so it wouldn't be the end of the world, though it wouldn't advance your psychic powah.

I'd ask your DM if you can maybe swap favored enemy for a bonus feat at some level (essentially you're homebrewing an FE feat; I wasn't able to find one listed on crystal keep.) Seems a reasonable trade to me as long as you're asking for just the bonus that one time, and aren't expecting to get advancement with it (i.e., you're asking for a feat that gives you a static +2 bonus to some stuff, you're not asking for the class feature which gradually gets stronger).

I like that approach and I asked the dm this and showing him the progression from the Impure Prince and he said it was ok