PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Feats

CTLC
2010-01-31, 01:23 PM
I am playing an incarnate 1/warlock 1 in a current campaign and soon hope to start up an eberron campaign, but in both campaigns i am relatively unable to find good feats for someone who snipes. The characters also do other basic sneaky things, and my warlock has taken martial study for hide and a least dragonmark of shadow [darkness 1/day and more abilities with more feats] but i am dubious as to teh uses of teh mark [there is an invocation for darkness at will] and whether t'would be allowed.

dsmiles
2010-01-31, 02:19 PM
There is a Sniper PrC in Pale Masters: A Poisoner's Handbook by Green Ronin that I like. But as for feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Imp. Precise Shot are the keystones of a good sniper, unless you're using weapons, then you need to add Far Shot and usually Rapid Shot as well. This 3.x, right?

Also, Eldritch Spear is a good distance invocation, pair it with the one that slows opponents, and you can kill them before they even get to your front-line minions.

CTLC
2010-01-31, 02:30 PM
do the point blank shot run of feats count for invos and blast?

SurlySeraph
2010-01-31, 02:31 PM
Woodland Archer, from Races of the Wild, is good for snipers.

There's also Crossbow Sniper, but that's only useful if you have sneak attack.

dsmiles
2010-01-31, 02:39 PM
do the point blank shot run of feats count for invos and blast?

Yes, as a matter of fact, you NEED precise shot to avoid the penalty for firing into melee even with rays (at low levels, at higher levels: not so much).

And the +1 to hit within 30' helps at low levels too.

Darrin
2010-01-31, 04:06 PM
Yes, as a matter of fact, you NEED precise shot to avoid the penalty for firing into melee even with rays (at low levels, at higher levels: not so much).

And the +1 to hit within 30' helps at low levels too.

At 6th level, take Open Least Chakra to bind your Sighting Gloves to your hands chakra. This gives you Precise Shot. Sighting Gloves + Open Least Chakra is actually better than taking PB Shot and Precise Shot as feats, since the essentia that gives you extra damage with Sighting Gloves isn't limited to 30'.

For 3rd level... did you already take Bonus Essentia? I thought you were taking a Dragonmark?

CTLC
2010-01-31, 04:19 PM
dragonmark got denied as the warlock is in a non eberron campaign.
bonus essentia has prereqs for char lvl 6th, so if PBS is redundant by level 6th what to take?
i dont know how far or quickly this campaign will progress.

are there any good feats to grant helpful SLAs or likewise abilities that are not available through invos?