PDA

View Full Version : (4e) Dungeon Masters Screen - Amazing!

Ozreth
2010-01-31, 04:49 PM
How many of you have gotten to see this thing in person? Its great! Found one brand new, still wrapped for 10 bucks on ebay.

They cut about 1/4 of the height, maybe a bit more, off of the standard size, so it is much easier to see over, and they packed every inch of the inside with oodles of information, complete with book numbers for references. It is also a gatefold (4) instead of the typical three sides, so it stands up much better.

Also, the material is a thick, shiny cardboard with beautiful art. Best 10 dollars Ive spent on a gaming product in awhile.

Kaun
2010-01-31, 05:17 PM
Your talking about the normal one? not some 3rd party thing?

If so yeah its better then previous editions and it has most of the stuff you need quick ref for on it.

Could probably do with out the xp required to level stuff tho. Dont really need that in a pinch.

I remember the AD&D one needed something to hold it up because it was tall and fairly thin carboard.

But yes this one is value for money even of the shelf IMHO.

Deepblue706
2010-01-31, 05:30 PM
I prefer the Hackmaster one. The one with the little flaps for "battle mode" where the hero-guy in the front is getting stabbed, the knight on the cliff is being hurled off by lizard-people, and the gold coins in a magic chest animate into hands that choke the three people gazing inward.

Swordgleam
2010-01-31, 05:33 PM
Could probably do with out the xp required to level stuff tho. Dont really need that in a pinch.

Are you kidding? Without those tables, there would be nothing useless enough that I could obscure it with sticky notes that list the party's defenses and passive checks.

The DM screen is great.

Ozreth
2010-01-31, 05:37 PM
Are you kidding? Without those tables, there would be nothing useless enough that I could obscure it with sticky notes that list the party's defenses and passive checks.

The DM screen is great.

heh, qft.

And yeah, the official Wizards one.

Kaun
2010-01-31, 05:47 PM

The DM screen is great.

Good point well presented.

And yes hackmaster art is always awesome.

KillianHawkeye
2010-02-01, 01:12 AM
Yeah, the Star Wars Saga Ed one is similarly well made, although the picture of Darth Vader should be bigger and closer to the centerfold.