PDA

View Full Version : Shkippys game

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Shkippy
2010-01-31, 07:29 PM
yeah I know, the thread title is not very original, neither is a lot of the names in this.

Ok, a few ground rules and things to remember first:

1. Any stuff that isnt in character, any banter, monty python quotations, complaints whatever, but them in a spoiler: [ spoiler]SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM[ /spoiler] (just without the spaces in the square brackets.)

2. Make sure you put anything your character says in "quote marks". Or if you really want, you can put it in colour tags: [ color="green"]"Fetch, a SHRUBBERY!"[ /color]

3. Please dont post loads if somebody hasnt posted in a while. You can do that in the out of character thread instead. Cant afford to leave people behind.

4. If you cant post for a while, just say. I'll either play your character for you, or think up a reason for you not to be around.

Other than that, I think its time to start! lets go :P

The story begins in the large city of Carlad. (purple dot just western of blue island 2) The city is ruled by a tyrannical prince-bishop; who rules with an iron fist. Anyone doing anything “against god” or against the prince is dealt with viciously. Throughout the city there is an air of unrest. The citizens dislike the way their prince rules. Scientific advancement is not only discouraged, but scientists are actively hunted out. The time has come for change, and you are going to be in the middle of it.

You all happen to be in the city at the same time, by strange coincidence. You have all received a strange letter just this morning.

Nikolai has recently arrived in the city, still travelling in search of adventure. Having entertained the guests, he has been given a free room at an inn for a few nights. You have also noticed a shifty nervous looking man take refuge in this inn. Youve overheard that his name is "Frey". On the second morning, the landlord brings you an envelope, sealed with plain wax.

Alvilda has been in residence for 3 months in the city, and has got a good bearing on the geography of the city. While out wandering the streets, a messenger runs up to you, and once they are sure of who you, they hand you a wax sealed envelope and run off.

Isiah has moved in recently, about a week ago. Tempted by the rumours of unrest in the city, and about a new resistance movement against the Holy Empire. You awake to find a wax sealed envelope left outside your door

Frey, still fearful and paranoid, you have crossed the sea to escape persecution for your acts. You have ended up taking shelter within the city, coincidentally in the same tavern as Nikolai is staying in. All you know is he is a talented bard. The day after you arrive, the landlord brings you an envelope sealed with wax.

The letter reads:
Dear [character name],

Through various sources, I have come to know of your abilities. It seems you would be extremely useful to my operation here in Carlad. I am the head of a new movement, intent on usurping the current prince-bishop, and hoping to replace him with myself. My companions and I are men of progress, and with the current ruler this city has none.

Of course I know, adventurers never work for free, particularly such skilled ones. Should I be successful in my plans, I shall become the ruler of this city. I'm sure I need not tell you that city leaders have a great amount of power, and rewards will be great for you. These can be negotiated later. I warn you I am willing to give out large rewards, but reasonable ones.

I hope the promise of rewards, fame, glory and the support of a city behind you will sway your decision. If it has, please bring this invitation to fountain square, in the Dunatra district at midnight. One of my companions shall lead you to me.

The letters are signed “from the leader of the USM”.

Shadows
2010-01-31, 08:30 PM
His curiosity piqued, Nikolai decides to follow the mysterious instructions. Although he knows that he is putting himself at risk by associating with these rebels, he believes in freedom and liberty. Even after only a few days in the city, he has see that the Prince-Bishop stands for neither.

As midnight approaches, he prepares himself for the meeting, donning his adventuring gear, and obscuring his face by pulling low the brim of his hat. With his preparations made, he sets off for the fountain mentioned in the letter, intending to arrive first to observe the person sent to meet him.

"Come, little friend. We have meeting soon."

outforbl00d
2010-02-01, 08:10 AM
Alvilda is hesistant to follow instructions, she realises that if this persons idea does not go to plan, she is bound to put her life in grave danger by exposure to this nation. But the thought of the possible revenge on the man who killed the only people she had swayed her decision.

Anxiously, she makes her way to Fountain Square for midnight with her hat of disguise at the ready. She activates her hat of disguise, choosing to mask her true features, so as not to be recognised easily.

Banderbear
2010-02-01, 08:14 AM
After reading the letter I decide to spend the day in careful preparation for the meeting, consulting with my books and steeling my mind for the journey into truth and knowledge it is about to undertake, being mindful to be prepared for untruths and possible ambush.

Divine Spells Prepared:

Level 0: Create Water, Guidance, Resistance, Virtue (x2)
Level 1: Command, Doom, Obscuring Mist, Shield of Faith (Domain: Magic Aura)
Level 2: Find Traps, Hold Person, Zone of Truth (Domain: Detect Thoughts)
Level 3: Bestow Curse, Invisibility Purge (Domain: Dispel Magic)

Arcane Spells Prepared:

Level 0: Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Message (x2)
Level 1: Expeditious Retreat, Mage Armour, True Strike, Burning Hands
Level 2: Hideous Laughter, Rope Trick, Mirror Image
Level 3: Explosive Runes, Slow

I bestow into my Whip of the Magi a portion of my daily power, hoping that it will not need to be used.

I store Bestow Curse into my whip.

I also rack my memory for anything I may know about this resistance group already.

Knowledge (Local) check.
[roll0]

With that complete I holster my weapons and pull my robe tight around me before heading out to the midnight meeting.

Shkippy
2010-02-01, 09:54 AM
With your (irritatingly) good knowledge check, you know that the USM is the "underground science movement". A new "criminal" organisation, acting to dethrone the prince-bishop and replace him with their own leader, a man of science. Mostly there are only rumours of them at the moment, but the leaders are a little worried.

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-01, 10:10 AM
After reading the letter I panic.
Who do they know about me!!!
What do they want!!!!!

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-01, 10:15 AM
I proceed to interegoagte the inn keeper.

Intimidate Check
[roll0]

WHO GAVE YOU THIS!!!!

Shkippy
2010-02-01, 10:17 AM
The bartender looks shaken from you roaring at him. "Sorry sir, I dont know who it was! just somebody in a hood and a cloak. I dont know any more!"

Shadows
2010-02-01, 10:26 AM
Assuming this occurs earlier in the day before I set off.

Hearing the shouting from the bar, Nikolai walks over and sits down on a barstool beside Frey.

"What is shouting about? Can we enjoy drink in quiet, da?"

Passing his empty tankard across to the terrified barman, he says:

"Another one of these, friend."

Shkippy
2010-02-01, 10:32 AM
The bartender pulls you another pint, and hands it over

"Dont overuse the free drinks sir, youd need more performances if you want more booze. Thanks for coming over, I think this guys a little deranged. Its only a letter after all"

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-01, 10:38 AM
Ignoring the Bartender. Frey nervously looks at Nikolai. And stutters...

"Nothing of great importance"

Then quickly moves towards the stairs. Stoping at them I turn around and say

"I apologize for the disturbance, Good Night"

Moving quickly to my room I ponder about what these people want. If these people know about me then what else do they know????
I will find out what else they know and if they know to much I may have to leave this town sooner than I expected... But not before I silence them.... I will be damned if these people who about me, will continue knowing :smallfurious:
I wait till midnight.....

Shadows
2010-02-01, 10:51 AM
"A letter, you say? Da, it is strange thing to be getting so crazy over letter..."

Downing his pint, Nikolai stands up, turns back to the barman and continues:

"...You are right, perhaps. I will get back to doing job. Later, I will be out. I have friend to meet."

He walks back over to his corner of the room, and re-commences his performance, featuring a knife-juggling routine alongside a performance of various comic songs.

"Puff the magic dragon, lived by the sea...

Perform: Sing check:
[roll0]

Perform: Sleight of Hand check:
[roll1]

Banderbear
2010-02-01, 11:03 AM
I ponder the implications of getting involved with a criminal organisation but still go to hear what they have to say, I'm well armed to cut through lies and untruth.

Shkippy
2010-02-01, 12:36 PM
The patrons of the tavern cheer as you entertain them with your skills. The bartender starts pulling more and more pints, as people gather to watch. Some even throw coins towards you for your acts.

Afterwards, you collect up the coins, and see the bartender. He Smiles, and hands you over a small pile of coins. "I think that definitely earns you a good few drinks, and heres a share of the takings you brought in too!"

Nikolai receives [roll0] GP

Shkippy
2010-02-01, 02:15 PM
The hour approaches midnight, and you all prepare yourselves and head out into the darkness. The Fountain is in the up market district of the city, and all of you manage to get there safely. Either through your knowledge of the city, or through asking for directions.

You all arrive at roughly the same time, and meet each other at the fountain. There area a few people wandering around, but nobody seems to be paying your group any attention. It would seem that whoever was meant to meet you is not here yet

Ok, you all meet up at the fountain. Whoever posts first is the first to arrive, but only marginally. Just put a bit of a description on how you approach, how you look, and if you do anything once you arrive (talk, look around etc).

Banderbear
2010-02-01, 02:38 PM
I approach the fountain cautiously after finding my way with my knowledge of the local area and make an effort to disguise myself, remaining watchful so that I might see whoever is to arrive before they notice me.

"Well then night, let us see what truths you have to throw at me. This could be an elaborate plan on the half of the church to ensnare 'Isiah the Doubter' or it could be as it seems, a business meeting with criminals... either which way I will not be found lacking."
[/monologue]

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-01, 03:39 PM
Before setting out I “dress up” disguising myself as a middle aged man whose black hair has is starting to turn white and walks with a limp using a walking stick, wearing an old battered coat and dark brown boots.
Arriving at the fountain I look around to see if there is anyone watching or looking out of place, while I sit down on the fountain ledge and read a poetry book I aquired on the way here and then await for someone to converse with me.

Disguise Check
[roll0]

Spot Check
[roll1]

Shkippy
2010-02-01, 03:53 PM
Disguise checks are made by the DM Oscar :P you know that. So I'm re-rolling that check. Also, how did you get +19? I only get +15 on your sheet

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-01, 04:09 PM
My bad.
I get a +5 from charisma, +10 for having ranks in it and +10 from hat of disguise. I get a -6 for disguising myself as a old person :smallannoyed: (-2 for each age category). That's it really.

outforbl00d
2010-02-01, 04:35 PM
Alvilda, with her hat of disguise activated, approaches the fountain confidently to see two men standing by. She appears to be very well dressed and sharp, although with her facial features slightly different than normal. She questions the two men:

"I have brought the letter with me, are you the men who seek me?"

Need disguise check :P

Banderbear
2010-02-01, 05:27 PM
"I'm afraid I am not the one you seek but a fellow seeker, I hope to find the truth yet tonight. As the Orcs say 'DaH qaS wIchHoSmey rep', Now is the witching hour. We shall find our answers soon, I shall see to it, just as I shall learn the truth of you, this you can count on."

outforbl00d
2010-02-01, 05:49 PM
Alvilda looks at the man and raises an eyebrow:

"Riiight. So who are you? And also, the other man here? Are you familiar with this man, and also the person I presume we are all here to meet?"

Banderbear
2010-02-01, 06:04 PM
"I am just a man, a man who once had a life that could be said to be enviable but it was a life of untruths. So now I am known by those who knew me then as Isiah The Doubter, though Isiah will suffice. As to the identity of our rather quiet companion I am just as, if you please forgive the word play, in the dark as yourself. I'm sure all shall become clear soon, fear not, truth will out."

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-01, 07:11 PM
Looks at these two strangers and shrugs.

I'm just here to find out what these people want of me. But you, can call me Alistar.
By the way do either of you two know who these people are?

Goes back to reading his book.

Shadows
2010-02-01, 11:28 PM
Despite his best efforts, Nikolai, being unfamiliar with the city, arrived late to the meeting, and hurried into the square to find three other individuals already there.

"Good evening, friends. I hope I am not late to party. I got letter."

Nikolai speaks with a thick gnomish accent, despite his human features.

I.e. He has a Russian accent.

He is a tall, well built human in his late 20s. He is somewhat flamboyantly dressed in a colourful patchwork cape, but beneath it, he wears simple, good quality clothing of the kind worn by travellers all over the known world. His wide-brimmed hat is pulled low, but does little to obscure his face.

"What is it are you wanting? I am simply travelling musician. I am not seeing why we are making with the cloaks and the daggers."

Shkippy
2010-02-02, 06:25 AM
With the arrival of Nikolai, a figure walks in from the nearest street, obviously heading towards you all. He is a dwarf, as you can all tell from his nose. The big ginger beard and giant axe, haft taller than him, might also have given it away. He is dressed in a full suit of plate armour, but it appears so light it barely hinders his actions. A blue tribal tattoo runs down the left side of his face.

"I guess ye'd be the adventurers th' boss sent for eh?" He addresses you loudly, in a broad highlands accent. "Well c'mon then, nae sense in standin' about. Me names Vakran, and I get tae take ye to his house. He dinnae like tae be seen out in the streets much ye ken."

He heads off again, back down the street he came from, beckoning you all to follow.

Banderbear
2010-02-02, 08:14 AM
I follow the dwarf at a distance staying alert as much as I can.

"Now to get some answers."

Shadows
2010-02-02, 08:54 AM
Nikolai, casting a quick glance at the other adventurers, follows the dwarf into the alley.

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-02, 09:10 AM
Frey (Alistar) closes his book and limbs after the dwarf.

outforbl00d
2010-02-02, 10:17 AM
Alvilda quickly follows after the dwarf and rest of the group.

Shkippy
2010-02-02, 01:08 PM
You wander through the streets. This area is clearly the upper class end of town. All the houses are large and posh, with driveways and gardens around them.

"The Boss is a rich guy ye ken. He's nae peasant, but hes goin' for higher places. He dinnae like the way that Prince-Bishop runs things round here. And I cannae blame him, the bishop will nae let anything progress ye see. Science is apparently "Against the lord St. Cuthbert". Many folk dinnae think Cuthberts all tha' great nae more."

You approach an even larger house, with a winding drive. Vakran takes a key from his pack, and opens the impressive gates. You reach the door and Vakran uses a different key to enter.

You are now standing in a grand hallway. A large staircase moves up the centre of the hall, and splits off to each side. Large paintings of people are on the wall, including a huge one at the split in the stairs of a man with long dark hair, near perfect features, and dressed really finely.

"Well if anyone has any questions, ask away, if ye dinnae, we'll head up to the bosses office right noo"

outforbl00d
2010-02-02, 01:19 PM
Alvilda gazes at the surroundings in awe:
"Wow, this is pretty impressive."

Banderbear
2010-02-02, 02:25 PM
I see if I recognise the person in the painting to try and get a better idea as to who this 'leader' is.

Knowledge(local) check [roll0]
Knowledge(Nobility) check [roll1]

Then I proceed up the stairs.

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-02, 03:02 PM
I look at the picture, the big one, with the quy who has near perfect features and ask Vakran in an old whimsical voice.

Who is that man in the picture, Vakran?

And take a sense motive check to see if he is lying.
Sense Motive Check
[roll0]

Shadows
2010-02-02, 03:45 PM
"I have no question. Let us go see your boss."

Nikolai says, looking around at the opulent furnishings.

Shkippy
2010-02-02, 04:59 PM
Isiah racks his memory but cant seem to find much. He can remember reading something about a minor duke, with an image similar to that of the painting. All he can remember is that his family was rather minor, and slightly lacking in power, though fairly wealthy. Locally, he cannot remember ever seeing the man, or any reference to him.

Vakran turns back to "Alistar". "Aye hes tha man yer here tae meet laddie. Tis Karl Eisenkreth! I wouldnae be surprised if you've nae heard of him. He keeps himself away in here, keeps to his work mostly. His work with this new "powder" stuff is the best of its kind!"

You do not think he is lying to you

"All right then, we'll get up there and meet him, he cannae be too busy"

Vakran leads you all up the stairs and to the right. He goes down another corridor to a large door right at the end. A man is stood to the side of it, he looks like a lightly armoured guard. He nods to Vakran and knocks on the door. A voice from inside shouts "yeah?" and the guard opens the door for you.

You all file into a massive study. The bookshelves along the wall look like they get regularly used, and contain extensive information. There is a large window at the opposite side, framing the night sky and the full moon. In the middle of the room is a large desk. And this man, Karl is sat at it. He is reading a large book, which he closes as you enter. He looks exactly as he did in the painting, other than different clothing, just as fancy.

"Ah! The adventurers! at last! I told you to hurry Vakran, Ive been waiting ages. Im sure you all have questions to ask, so before I tell my piece, you may quiz me for information. I shall answer as I see fit."

He stands up from the desk and looks at you all, smiling. Vakran moves to one side of the room, and leans against a wall, content to watch the proceedings from now.

Shadows
2010-02-02, 07:16 PM
"The first thing is first. What is it that you are wanting with us?"

Nikolai asks.

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-02, 08:36 PM
Aye, what the lad said. I mean here I was mind-in my own business, visit-in me daughter and I got this letter and she said "Alsitar where are you going?" and I mealy replied "Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies" Chuckles And that I would be back in for breakfast, I seriously doubt that now....
Sorry got a bit carried away there...

Anyway has this powder your lackey, Vakran, talked about got anything to do with why where here??

Queried Frey, "Alistar"

Shkippy
2010-02-03, 07:24 AM
"First of all "Alister." You can drop the act. I know who you really are. I mean, I sent you the letter in the first place, you cant pretend to be someone else, when i clearly already knew who you were. I know what you have done back on your home island, and I have no interest in it I assure you. In fact I almost look kindly upon it, as an act of science."

He moves around the desk and leans against it.

"In fact if you choose to help me with my escapades, I can provide you with refuge from any authority that comes for you. I can allow you to study your craft in peace, and give you protection from anyone necessary. So Frey Crake. Are you still afraid of what I know? Or would you be open to this opportunity?"

"Of course, my Rustinuan friend, straight to the point. I would like to hire you adventurers to help me accomplish my own personal goals. I want the ruler of this city replaced, namely by me. We cannot be held back by religion constantly, now is the time for progress. Of course, you shall all be rewarded well, in your own ways. As the ruler of a city I will be able to grant you a great deal.

Mainly, i need you all to get things done for me. Sure I have plenty of followers, but most are inexperience and lacking in initiative. I cannot yet go out and fight for the throne yet. Giving myself away would be too much of a risk. I need men, and women of experience and skill to do jobs for me, and get things prepared for the takeover.

First however, I will need you to pass a sort of test, to prove your value to me. before I continue, does anyone want to mention anything? any questions?"

Banderbear
2010-02-03, 09:17 AM
"I have but a few words for you, I do hope you don't take them as offensive but I'm sure you understand I find them necessary. Zone of Truth."

I cast zone of truth attempting to get as many of the characters in the cone as possible but Karl is priority. Will Save DC 16 or be unable to tell lies while in the zone.

Shkippy
2010-02-03, 10:47 AM
"I assure you, I have no lies here. Merely a business proposition. Your caution does not cause offence. Its always good to be sure of yourself. You can leave this behind at any time, but I assure you; your rewards shall be great"

Shadows
2010-02-03, 12:06 PM
"Da, Da. You are wanting us to kill bad ruler. But what is it you are thinking simple travelling singer can do? Are you expecting me to be killing prince with my singing?"

outforbl00d
2010-02-03, 12:16 PM
Alvilda was delighted by what she heard but tried to act reserved and professional.

"I am highly greatful for what you are offering us in return for doing your dirty work, especially refuge from authority, but you still have not specified what you are wanting us to do."

Banderbear
2010-02-03, 12:19 PM
"Well then, what is this business proposal? You claim to be able to offer us anything, but can you offer me the truth and knowledge that I seek? Overthrowing rulers doesn't sound like the most enlightening task ever conceived. State your offer and your terms."

Shkippy
2010-02-03, 06:20 PM
He turns to Isiah

"If knowledge is what you seek, then you will not find it in this city. Not under the Bishop. He throttles all progress. The populace are kept in the dark about any progress or knowledge from outside. With myself in power, knowledge, progress and research will flood from the city. We would be the most progressive on the continent, save maybe those in Luzembrag. If knowledge is the reward you seek, then you will not be left wanting once we are done. You must understand, personal gain is a side effect of my goal. My main aim is to allow science to progress here."

Turning to Nikolai

"You are no simple travelling singer my friend. I have heard many great things about the troupe you used to act in. You are truly a professional of your art. Your skills with a thrown dagger are wonderful, and I believe they could be used for great purposes. I know you look for adventure, and I can offer you that. You also add a welcome bonus of morale boosting to any group of adventurers. You can certainly make more than a living this way."

Turning to Alvilda, and addressing all.

"Of course, on to the task at hand. Before I take you on for more meaningful tasks, I need you to prove yourselves. I know much about you, but this will really test you. Not far from the city there is a hidden underground network. A "Dungeon" if you will. This was rumoured to contain dragons, and recent escapades from my leading scout has confirmed this. The task is simple. Go to this dungeon, and find the leading dragon within it. It shouldn't be hard to tell which one it is. Bring me back one of its canines. Vakran will go with you, he's been itching for violence since I recruited him. I warn you, there will probably be a whole family, multiple generations of dragons in this dungeon. But I think you are up to the task. Any Questions?"

Vakrans face lights up when he hear he gets to go with you. "Seriously Sir? Thank ye so much, I cannae wait to kill some dragons!"

Shadows
2010-02-03, 06:28 PM
"I do best I can, no more. But perhaps I am longing for adventure as you say. I would know how you are finding so much about me, and perhaps others would know same?"

As he digests what the noble said, a look of confusion passes over his face.

"Canines? Why do you want us to be stealing doggy?

Banderbear
2010-02-03, 07:00 PM
"This task seems straightforward enough and it should allow me to study the inter-family relationships and habits of dragons in a confined space. Ok, I agree to this 'test' as you wish to refer to it, though I do have questions, did you scout report on what colour dragons were present? Or at least if the were chromatic or not? And when will you be wanting us to depart upon this task?"

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-03, 08:29 PM
To answer your questions:
Afraid... Yes any man would be afraid of what another man knows about him.
And this opportunity you speak of is murder and regicide, and so what guarantees do you give, if any, that you will not get rid of me or the others once this is all done and dusted? If of course those that accept do go through with this? Which it seems the others may.

It seems you offer me a path of madness and regret...
My arts are cursed and sown with misery, there is nothing that can change that.

I tell you truthfully, I do not willingly want a part in this...
But I get the impression that death will find me if I don't agree. After all what we have spoken of is treason. And I doubt that if I reject your offer I will live to see the morning.

So I see that I may be forced to join this mad course, that is of course if I can walk away with out a knife in the back, so to speak.
Responds to the noble angrily, still disguised as an old man.

And Indeed Nikolai points out a good question, how has he found out this much about us all...

OOC
I get the feeling we have to chose between supporting a religious dictatorship and a scientific police state, with similarities to big brother.:smallfrown:

Shadows
2010-02-03, 09:31 PM
"This man is taking great risk in bringing us here. He must trust that we are not being spies for rulers of this land."

Turning to Karl Eisenkreth, Nikolai continues:

"I am not knowing what sort of man you are, but I have seen and heard much of Prince Bishop and how he is going about the ruling of this city. I am not liking what I am hearing. If you are resisting of the ruler, you are undertaking great risk, and you are undertaking great risk in bringing us here. That is meaning that you are placing much trust in us."

He turns back to Frey and finishes his speech:

”I am seeing it that we should put some little trust in this man, perhaps? I am thinking that he is man of nobleness, and he will be seeing no trouble in letting you go if you are perhaps not wanting to risk life. I am sorry for making so much with the talking. I am thinking you are not wanting to be listening to travelling singer yammering at you.”

He steps back to the side of the room and fidgets embarrassedly with something that is hidden under his cape.

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-03, 11:12 PM
Calming down and turning to Nikolai, Frey says:

"I simply wanted to be left alone, not dragged into the politics of this place. I value life more than I did before, far more...."

Looking wishfully into the air Frey reminisces:

"I value life more than I did before, far more...."

Continuing:

I afraid I do not know much of this prince bishop, or anything else going on here, but if I'm to be able to be left alone then so be it, I will place what little trust I have into this man.

Frey glides into the shadows of the bookcases and waits.

outforbl00d
2010-02-04, 11:12 AM
Alvilda looks towards Karl Eisenkreth:

"I trust you and I am willing to prove myself worthy of this task."

She turns to the rest of the group, speaking confidently:

"If this man was not trustworthy, we wouldn't still be here. He knows of us, our differing backgrounds and where we are. Surely if we could not trust him he would have turned us in by now. Right?"

At this point, Alvilda removes her hat of disguise to show her true identity, and to make a point of trusting Karl Eisenkreth.

I'm assuming that just removing the hat of disguise will deactivate it.

Shkippy
2010-02-04, 12:32 PM
He spreads his arms wide

"And to add to this issue of trust, Im in a zone of truth! Thanks to Isiah here."

"Frey, I assure you Im not trying to drag you into politics. I need people on the ground, working for me. If you feel really unsafe or insecure, then believe that im paying you for work, and you dont know anything about my operation. And seriously, if you want out, walk out the door right now. But the protection and reward I offer cannot be found anywhere else."

"You can complete this task any time you like, but sooner is better. Then I can put you onto more meaningful tasks, and grant your rewards. You may go now, unless you have other questions."

outforbl00d
2010-02-04, 01:47 PM
Alvilda is very much looking forward for killing dragons as it will be a fairly new experience for her, she has longed for this most of her life, but being at sea most of the time, she rarely encountered one.

"I will be willing to do this as soon as possible, Sir. I would do it the following day if the rest of the group are up to it. If not, I can only anticipate."

Shadows
2010-02-04, 02:31 PM
"Da. I am wanting to soon be going. All I own is what you are seeing me with, but I would be liking to checking out of inn and telling to the innkeeper that I am being away."

Banderbear
2010-02-04, 08:27 PM
"My search for knowledge shall not be delayed anymore than is needed. I too am willing to depart upon this task into studying the habits of dragons tomorrow (though I guess now the correct term would be today if we met at midnight) should the rest of the group be ready too. Just give me chance to consult my books and allow my full range of abilities to come to the fore."

Shkippy
2010-02-06, 03:46 PM
Karl turns to look at Frey enquiringly

OSCAR POST ALREADY DAMMIT!

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-06, 07:01 PM
Yes?
Are we leaving then?

:smalleek:
I thought I said I was willing to put my trust in this guy... And by that I meant I was willing to go along with the rest of the party.

Shkippy
2010-02-07, 10:31 AM
yeah but you still need to actually tell me your carrying on :P Otherwise for all i know you could have more things to say. Anyway, moving on.

You all depart and go your seperate ways from the house. Deciding with Vakran that you will meet at the citys main gates at dawn, to go off dragon slaying.

The sun rises over Carlad. It is a nice bright day, such a shame you will be spending a great deal of it underground. YOu all arrive at the gates. Vakran is already there, eager for violence and hungry for the kill. His axe looks well sharpened, and he is already dancing from foot to foot with excitement.

"I cannae wait tae get me axe intae some dragon heid! Are ye all ready tae go? I'll follow you lot. We've only got to go down the road a wee bit before we find the track off the side."

Banderbear
2010-02-07, 11:50 AM
"It is a good day to be alive. A good day for truth. Yet I have no misconceptions that this will be an easy day. Unless anybody has any objections I'd prefer not to be leading the way, just in case anything happens I am not as well armoured as some of you."

Isiah removes The Bringer of Holy Fire, a leftover from his days as a fighting member of the Ecclesiarchy, from its place on his robe and checks that it is loaded before holding it firmly in his firing hand and looking about the rest of the party to see if anyone will take up his request to go ahead of him.

outforbl00d
2010-02-07, 01:42 PM
"I have no objections to going ahead, I am well armoured you could say."

Alvilda is anxious, yet eager. She knows she is tough and could take a great deal of damage, but she is also putting her life at risk. Also, being first means she has a greater chance than others of finding any valuable items she may wish to take.

For the others, my character is sort of based on a pirate, so she likes loot :P

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-07, 02:18 PM
Frey gets up, gets dressed, eats a some cheerios to become more cheerier (doesn't work). Then gets all of his gear together that he will need, that being everything he possesses.
After that he heads towards the city gates at an rather pleasant amble.

Arriving he greets Vakran, Isiah and Alvilda, saying the various pleasantries polite society says to each other. Like “How are you?”, “Did you sleep well?” etc... While awaiting for Nikolai to arrive.

Well Becky if Frey comes out of this with something like 1 copper piece please understand that he cannot be held responsible if one day you suddenly awake to find a ghoul or maybe even a vampire nibbling at your neck :smalltongue:

And my character is a bit in denial about his arcane powers so don't be surprised if he is reluctant to use them.

Shadows
2010-02-07, 10:25 PM
"I am sorry that we are being so late!"

Nikolai says enthusiastically, as he saunters down the street to the group's prearranged meeting point. He is dressed the same as he was the previous day, in simple travelling gear beneath an ostentatious cape. He beams enthusiastically at the others.

"All of you are ready for great adventuring, Da?!

Nikolai would like some money and loot, since he needs to make ends meet, but on the other hand, he is most of all after ADVENTURE!(TM) so don't be offended if he ninjas your drama.

Banderbear
2010-02-08, 05:25 AM
"Well then, now that we are all present, let us depart."

Isiah just needs a small amount of money, he's interested in any loot that could be studied for information but mostly he's just seeking any knowledge the dungeon may hold. Get a feeling my ranks in Knowledge(Dungeoneering) may come in useful :P

Shkippy
2010-02-08, 12:45 PM
The party leaves out of the main gates with high spirits, and hopes of adventure, truth and knowledge, epic loots and... a cure for paranoia?

Alvilda leads the group, following the directions quickly and carefully. She easily finds the track off from the main road, and you all continue down it. After about 10 minutes of brisk walking you can all see a strange opening.

Set into the side of a hill is an entrance. It appears to be made of extremely black and fairly shiny rocks, making a massive gaping hole into darkness, leading downwards and underground.

You all continue to approach the entranceway. This is clearly the dungeon you are meant to go to, to find the dragons within. Alvilda continues to lead for now. You are now stood just outside the entrance, staying a few steps back so as not to allow anything within to see you.

Vakran speaks up. "Well this must be the place, are we ready tae go in?"

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-08, 03:24 PM
I make an Intelligence check to see what these black shiny rocks are? And what they are made off?

Intelligence check.
[roll0]

If I fail then I ask to see if anyone else knows.
Then I follow everyone else into the cave, going in last and sticking to the shadows.

outforbl00d
2010-02-08, 03:47 PM
Alvilda is also curious as to what the black rock is and what it is made of. Maybe it's valuable.

Intelligence check: [roll0]

Shkippy
2010-02-08, 03:54 PM
Frey racks his brain, trying to think what this substance could possibly be. He cannot recall seeing it on Alastia, nor in his short time here.

Alvilda on the other hand, straight away recognises it as obsidian, a volcanic rock. It looks distinctly out of place here, well away from any obvious volcanic activity. It is not of immense value, though it has been used in jewellery, and there are even rumours of expensive ceremonial weapons fashioned from it.

outforbl00d
2010-02-08, 04:03 PM
Alvilda is intrigued and uses her dagger (as apposed to her main weapon) to try chip off some pieces of obsidian, unsure of what she will choose to use it as yet.

Strength check: [roll0]

Shkippy
2010-02-08, 04:08 PM
After a few seconds work, you manage to chip the corner off a rock, giving you a small amount of obsidian.

Alvilda gains 1lb of obsidian

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-08, 04:26 PM
I make a spot check to see what is around the entrance to the cave before we enter. Trying to see if there is any evidence of dragons or other critters and monsters that could live in this place.

Spot Check
[roll0]

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-08, 04:27 PM
I'm doing realy bad on these rolls:smallfrown:

Banderbear
2010-02-08, 05:15 PM
I study the opening of the dungeon for a few moments before drawing my conclusions about the method of creation and any clues it may give about the layout of the dungeon.

Knowledge(Dungeoneering) Check [roll0]

Banderbear
2010-02-08, 05:34 PM
Sorry it didn't let me add the extra knowledge checks to my last post so I'm rolling them here.

Knowledge(Nature) Check [roll0]
Knowledge(Architecture) Check [roll1]
Knowledge(Geography) Check [roll2]

Shkippy
2010-02-08, 06:47 PM
Isiah

Through your extensive knowledge you learn this:

(Nature)
The rocks have clearly not arrived here by natural purposes. Nor do they seem to be in their natural forms. They have obviously been moved, and cut to shape the entrance.

(Geography)
These aren't the rocks you're looking for These rocks don't come from this area

(Architecture)
Its a doorway. Its not been designed by an architect. Its a load of rocks shaped as an entrance

(Dungeoneering)
Its a dark tunnel. Thats all you can see. It probably has some corridors and some rooms in it.

Frey

You see absolutely no trace of any animal life here, let alone dragons. As far as you can tell, nothing has been in this cave for years. There is nothing to indicate anything is in this cave.

outforbl00d
2010-02-08, 07:19 PM
Alvilda is slightly anxious, being at the front of the party. She looks around and listens for any signs of danger (and loot).

Spot Check: [roll0]
Listen Check: [roll1]

Shadows
2010-02-08, 09:14 PM
Barely looking at the surroundings, Nikolai saunters up to the entrance of the cave.

"HALLO! ARE YOU IN THERE, DRAGONS?!"

he yells into the opening. Turning back to his companions:

"Seems clear. What are we waiting for?"

Banderbear
2010-02-09, 06:06 AM
Isiah can't help but crack a smile at this occurance.

"I think I'm going to like you Nikolai. Anyway, I agree, there is nothing more we can learn from out here. Let us descend. Anybody bring a torch?"

Isiah stands at the opening of the dungeon and prepares to enter.

Shadows
2010-02-09, 08:23 AM
"Torch? I am having torch here somewhere..."

He rummages around in his pack, occasionally drawing an object from it, looking at it in bemusement then returning it to the pack. After a brief time, having fully searched his pack:

"Niet. Perhaps I was mistaken."

Banderbear
2010-02-09, 08:37 AM
"Well then I guess a lantern will have to do for now."

Isiah studies his robe for a second then gently pulls something off it, as soon as it leaves the fabric it turns into a bullseye lantern, filled with oil and lit. He shines the light down the dungeon entrance before entering it. As he descends he shouts out.

"You lot coming? I'd hate to have to take on a dungeon alone."

Shadows
2010-02-09, 09:08 AM
"Da. I am with you."

Nikolai peers into the cave opening.

"Besides, you are holding only lantern. I am not wanting to be lost in darkness."

Stepping forward to join Isiah, Nikolai adds:

"I am ready to be facing DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS!"

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=45654

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-09, 12:04 PM
"Well lets get going then. Nothing else to do outside... WAIT WHAT IS THIS MAGICAL AURA!!!!

Just kidding, lets go."

When the rest enter the cave, Frey sticks to the shadows, thus utilising his 'Shadow Veil' armor.

Edit: Spelling

Shkippy
2010-02-09, 12:22 PM
Alvildas keen eyes fail to spot anything within the darkness, but right on the edge of her hearing she can hear what might be a clawed foot pacing down the corridor, and slightly to the left.

Before she has chance to tell anyone about it, Nikolai moves up to the entrance and shouts down it. As Isiah walks into the entrance, a shape rushes out of the darkness at him. A little taller than a man, and a hell of a lot scarier. This is clearly a dragon. Luckily for you, it is a fairly young one. The head is almost skull like, and the scales are black and grey. It pounces onto Isiah with a roar and bites for his face.

Attack [roll0]
(If successful, Isiah is also grappled in the dragons mouth)
Damage[roll1]

Combat has Begun!
Ok, this is how I want this to work, first off you all need to roll initiative of course. Then I'll play it out like so

You post what your character does/wants to do in his/her turn. You dont have to post in initiative order, just post ONCE, then let everyone else do theirs. Roll damage, even though you might not hit (saves double posts)

Once everyone has posted, I'll make my post, which will combine all actions done by you and the enemies into one post, and I'll put HP, effects, whatever in there too. ok?

Shkippy
2010-02-09, 12:27 PM
Dragon initiative: [roll0]

Shadows
2010-02-09, 12:34 PM
Nikolai's Initiative:
[roll0]

Banderbear
2010-02-09, 12:43 PM
Don't I get an attack of opportunity for the dragon starting a grapple?? Anyway, initiative!
d20+3

Isiah keeps his calm despite the dragon eating his face. He reaches down to a small tan pouch hanging from his pouch and pulls something small out of it and throws it next to the dragon.
What I pull from my bag of tricks:
[roll0]

outforbl00d
2010-02-09, 12:54 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Shkippy
2010-02-09, 12:56 PM
Dragon has snatch, so it doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity, also youre initiative didnt work, I think it has to be 1d20, rather than just d20

Banderbear
2010-02-09, 03:00 PM
Dragons only get snatch when they reach Huge size or larger so it'd have to be an adult dragon to get it.
Initiative:
[roll0]

A brown bear appears next to the dragon.

Bear's initative:
[roll1]

Isiah commands the bear to attack the dragon.

Claw 1
[roll2]
[roll3]
Claw 2
[roll4]
Bite
[roll5]

Banderbear
2010-02-09, 03:02 PM
Sorry it doesn't seem to be liking my dice rolls tonight it missed out my bear's to hit rolls for Claw 2 & Bite.

Claw 2
[roll0]

Bite
[roll1]

Shkippy
2010-02-09, 03:15 PM
Dam, you're right. roll for an attack of opportunity then :smallmad: It still hits you, and your still grappled. God these posts are getting confusing

Banderbear
2010-02-09, 04:05 PM
Attack of opportunity with Bringer of Holy Fire
Shot 1
[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]fire damage.

Shkippy
2010-02-09, 04:23 PM
Isiah fires his crossbow just as the dragon jumps out at him, but the shot just goes wide, and his head is now firmly lodged in the mouth of the dragon.

I'll be sorting out what you did afterwards once everyone's posted initiative and what theyre doing on their first turn

outforbl00d
2010-02-09, 04:29 PM
Alvilda dashes towards the dragon and strikes it with her Rapier, and hurridly runs back again.

Using Spring Attack.
Declare both Dodge bonuses on the dragon.
Attack roll - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Ice Damage - [roll2]

Shadows
2010-02-09, 04:44 PM
Nikolai, ignoring the ensuing combat begins singing:

"IF YOU GO DOWN TO THE WOODS TODAY, YOU'RE IN FOR A BIG SUPRISE..."

+1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects, +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls to all allies who can hear him.

Banderbear
2010-02-09, 04:48 PM
****, forgot my point blank shot feat, I was meant to get an extra +1 to hit and to damage... oh well I'll remember for next time.

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-09, 05:04 PM
Initiative check
[roll0]

On Frey's turn, he draws his longsword (move action) and sticking to the shadows, he makes a quick spot check to see if there are any other dragons or monsters while circling the combat to gain a flanking bonus to combat next turn.

Spot check
[roll1]

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-09, 05:13 PM
Oh! Moving into Flanking postion is my other move action (converted Standard Action into Move Action). Frey is also going to staying at least 15 feet away from combat.

Yay! I go first :smalltongue:
What does V. do?

Edit: Spelling, More Depth

Shkippy
2010-02-09, 05:53 PM
Thank you Oscar, I'd totally forgotten about him
Vakran initiative: [roll0]

Vakran roars, and charges gleefully at the Dragon, waving his axe.

attack [roll1]
damage [roll2] + [roll3]

Shkippy
2010-02-09, 06:10 PM
Ok! first round is about to be resolved!

Initiatives
22 - Frey
19 - Dragon
12 - Isiah and Nikolai
9 - Alvilda and Vakran

Frey draws his longsword, and skulks around just outside combat. With a quick look round he cannot see any other Dragons, or other creatures about. He remains just out of reach of the dragon.

The dragon takes advantage of the fact that it has someones head in its mouth, deciding to expel a cone of acid from its jaws.

automatically hits Isiah, as he is in the jaws. Nikolai, Vakran and Alvilda must make reflex saves (I'l roll them, to avoid confusion)

Alvilda [roll0]
Nikolai [roll1]
Vakran [roll2]

Breath damage [roll3]

Nikolai begins singing an appropriate song, helping all the other party members to fight harder with lightened spirits.

Isiah manages to reach into his pouch, and throw out a small ball of fluff. This ball quickly changes into a bear which attacks the dragon straight away (acts like summon monster, bear has same initiative as you) Its jaws miss slightly, but the claws strike home, scratching away at the scales.

Alvilda rushes out at the dragon, quickly forcing her rapier into its thick coat before ripping it back out and dashing away again, avoiding the dragon.

Vakran's axe swings home, biting right into the dragons chest

I'll post up everyones current health after this one. Hopefully the next round will run a little smoother

Shkippy
2010-02-09, 06:14 PM
Hit points
Alvilda 111/120
Isiah 58/90
Frey 60/60
Nikolai 90/90
Vakran 153/170

Shadows
2010-02-09, 07:49 PM
While moving around the dragon to distract it from the bear's onslaught,
flank't
Nikolai continues singing at the top of his lungs.

"IF YOU GO DOWN TO THE WOODS TODAY YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE YOUR EYES!"

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-10, 02:10 AM
Frey, seeing Isiah being eaten, wounders if some some magic could help him in this endeavour....
He then casts "Enervation"

Enervation must succeed on a ranged touch attack to hit, if hit then dragon gains 1d4 negative levels, no saves. Though spell-resistance is allowed.

Ranged Touch Attack (Base Attack +5/ Dex +3) on to the dragons Touch AC.
[roll0]

If it hits then it gets this many negative levels, it gets the levels back in 10 hours
[roll1]

And I don't think a Juvenile black dragon gets spell resistance.

I will put this in every post from now on, showing how many spells I have left.

Daily Amount of Spells:
6/6/6/5/3

Current Spells Left:
6/6/6/4/3

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-10, 02:17 AM
Frey also readies a move action, to move away from any creature that tries to attack him.

If it hits then the dragon takes a -3 (-1 for each level lost) on all skill and ability checks, -3 (-1 for each level lost) on attack rolls and saving throws, -15HP (-5 for each level lost), and loses 3 levels.

If you need me to roll spell resistance I will do it.
Also I forgot the bonuses dan gives by playing his bardic song, so my ranged attack roll should have had an extra +1 added onto it.
Oh well I will remember for next time.

Edit: Spelling, Other and Negative Level detail.

Banderbear
2010-02-10, 05:46 AM
Still keeping calm Isiah attempts to remove himself from the dragon's jaws.

Opposed grapple check
[roll0]

Banderbear
2010-02-10, 06:28 AM
Meanwhile Isiah's summoned bear continues to attack the dragon.

Claw 1
[roll0]
[roll1]
Claw 2
[roll2]
[roll3]
Bite
[roll4]
[roll5]

outforbl00d
2010-02-10, 12:19 PM
Alvilda, keen to help Isiah, charges at the dragon and strikes it with her rapier.

Attack roll: [roll0] (+2 from charging, +1 from Daniel)
Damage: [roll1] (+1 from Daniel)
Ice damage: [roll2]

Shadows
2010-02-10, 12:23 PM
Bear in mind, the summoned creature also benefits from bardic music. Also, don't forget flanking.

Shkippy
2010-02-10, 12:29 PM
Vakran, still up close and personal with the Dragon takes a heavy swing at the Dragon.

attack 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] fire: [roll2]

attack 2: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] fire: [roll5]

The dragon whirls on Vakran, Clawing and Biting at him

bite: [roll6]
damage: [roll7]

Claw 1: [roll8]
Damage [roll9]

Claw 2: [roll10]
Damage [roll11]

I shall post up the full end of round action later, I dont have time right now, so the round isnt resolved yet

Banderbear
2010-02-10, 02:48 PM
Bear in mind, the summoned creature also benefits from bardic music. Also, don't forget flanking.
Ah yes thank you for reminding me, the Bite would still miss again but now the claw attacks are doing 17 damage each.

Shkippy
2010-02-10, 05:52 PM
Just a note, animals attacks are at full bonus for the first attack, then ALL secondary attacks are at -5. So your first attack is at normal (Claw 1 +11) Then all others are -5 to normal (So Claw 2 is +6, and bite is +1)

The remaining weapons are secondary, and attacks with them are made with a -5 penalty to the attack roll, no matter how many there are

Shkippy
2010-02-10, 06:07 PM
Initiatives
22 - Frey
19 - Dragon
12 - Isiah and Nikolai
9 - Alvilda and Vakran

Frey
You hurl your enervation spell at the dragon, which just hits it in the shoulder, it writhes for a second, feeling the burn of the spell

Dragon
The dragon chomps into Vakran, and slashes him with its claw, the other one just missing him.

Nikolai
Nikolai moves around the battlefield, still singing his joyful song and giving other people a better opportunity to attack while the dragon is distracted.

Isiah
You struggle in the dragons mouth, trying to break free
dragons check: [roll0]

The bear roars and goes for the dragon again slashing with both its claws and biting too. One of the claws strikes the dragon, and blood runs out of the wound.

Alvilda charges the dragon, dexterously swinging her rapier and slashing the dragons flank

Vakran swings his axe hard into the dragons neck, slicing straight through and beheading the beast. Its head falls off, and the weight of it drags Isiah down comically to the ground (No damage, except to your dignity)

"RAAAAAAAAAR!!! Take that ye bloody overgrown lizard! roars Vakran.

Congratulations! You killed your first opponent! I'll have to try harder next time

Hit points
Alvilda 111/120
Isiah 58/90
Frey 60/60
Nikolai 90/90
Vakran 144/170

Isiah is covered in various dragon bodily fluids, Vakran is stained with blood, Alvilda has minor spatters on her, and Frey and Nikolai remain clean

outforbl00d
2010-02-10, 06:17 PM
Alvilda cleans her rapier on a piece of cloth, flicking off any pieces of dragon guts. She runs up to the dragons head and uses her dagger to retrieve the teeth from the dragon, even though she hardly suspects that this is the lead dragon which teeth they will actually need. The teeth of any dragon will still be valuable.

Stength check: [roll0]

Shkippy
2010-02-10, 06:19 PM
Alvilda, the first on the scene for loot, Grabs the head and rummages about, pulling at the teeth. She manages to wrench 4 of the rear molars out of the dragons mouth. Nothing special, but still maybe worth something.

Alvilda gains 4 small dragon teeth

Shkippy
2010-02-10, 07:01 PM
MAP

Ok, here is the map of the dungeon as you can see it so far. If you object to the colour for your character just say what you want.

One square is 5 foot, and only one character can occupy that space

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd27/adg1310/Dungeon1.jpg

D <-Dragon (underlined so dead)
I <- Isiah
V <- Vakran
A <- Alvilda
N <- Nikolai
F <- Frey

Shadows
2010-02-10, 09:32 PM
"FOR EVERY BEAR THAT EVER THERE WAS..."

Nikolai continues singing.

"WILL GATH- Oh. Dragon is dead. Are you alright, my friends?"

He peers into the darkness deeper into the cave.

outforbl00d
2010-02-11, 05:20 AM
Alvilda looks at her self to assess the damage to herself, despite not being in very much pain, then looks around at all the others.

"Yes Nikolai, I'm fine, the dragon barely got me at all, although Isiah seems to be in bad condition. I'm afraid I haven't got anything to help you though, Isiah."

Banderbear
2010-02-11, 06:56 AM
"Do not worry about me, nothing a little knowledge can't fix up."

With a motion of his hand and a few spoken words Isiah's wounds appear to heal up instantly.

Sacrifice Invisibility Purge to cast Cure Serious Wounds instantly.
[roll0]

Isiah brushes himself down then turns to the cave.

"I think we have just found out that this dungeon may hold things that aren't obvious at first... I think it would be wise to send an advance party."

With a motion Isiah commands the bear to run ahead.

The bear will continue into the dungeon 15ft ahead of the rest of us. This will continue until either the bear is killed or 10 minutes are up. Isiah will ensure the bear follows the same path as we are taking via voice command.

"Now then, I don't suppose anybody else would like to go ahead of me, I'm not exactly armoured for being the front line."

Isiah cracks a wry smile and turns his lantern down the cave.

"It would appear we have a choice to make already, left or right. Unless we wish to split the party, which I do not think would be wise. Let me think about which way is most likely to lead to our goal..."

Knowledge(Dungeoneering) Check [roll1]

Also; The 2 claw attacks count as the primary attack in the monster listing, the Bite is secondary which is why it is only rolled at +6 rather than +11. Not that it really matters as the dragon is dead now, but for next time.
"Puff... are you ok Puff? You can use your magic to get better right?"
Ahh the joys of destroying childhood memories...

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-11, 07:55 AM
While everyone chats and talks, Frey is going to spend some time skinning the Dragon for its hide.

Going sell it to some armorsmith, when we get back to town.

The while everyone decides which way to go, Frey opens his poetry book and starts reading from it.

Edit: Spelling

Shkippy
2010-02-11, 11:14 AM
Frey receives one medium black dragon hide from him skinning the body. The bear awaits the rest of the party, stood a few feet away from them.

Isiah stops and listens, thinks and studies the area. From the feel of the air and its currents, and studying which route looks most trodden, he decides that the passageway to the right of you (left on the map, probably should have done it the other way up) is probably a dead end, but the one to the left (right on the map) leads further into the dungeon

Hit points
Alvilda 111/120
Isiah 76/90
Frey 60/60
Nikolai 90/90
Vakran 144/170

Banderbear
2010-02-11, 11:34 AM
"Hmmm... passageway to the right seems like a dead end... and a dead end this close to the surface probably isn't going to hold anything of value. I'd advise we head as a party down the left passage unless anybody has a particular craving for exploring dead ends. Either way I suggest we stay together."

Isiah stands and awaits the party's decision.

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-11, 12:21 PM
"Alright Isiah, lets go left, maybe I can find a snazy new hat to go with my hide.":smalltongue:

Shadows
2010-02-11, 01:28 PM
"Why would dragon be wearing hat?"
Nikolai asks, wearing a bemused expression.

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-11, 01:50 PM
"Fashion Accessory, it tells you that this dragon has wealth and can afford clothes. And these dragons could want to keep up with the latest style from the high street”

Replies Frey, laughingly.

Edit: Grammer

Shadows
2010-02-11, 03:49 PM
"I have met many Dragon. None have ever worn hat!"

Nikolai exclaims.

"Are you making joke of me, my friend?"

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-11, 04:02 PM
"Not a joke of you, but a joke itself."

Smiles Frey.

Edit: Complete Correction.

outforbl00d
2010-02-11, 04:48 PM
"I think that even though it's a dead end we should still quickly check it out. Just in case we go the other way and something down there starts following us from behind. You never know what we could find. We could encounter another dragon, or there could be treasures."

Then turning to Frey:

"And maybe even hats. I mean, how long will it take to search a dead end? I can run down with my torch, and shout if I need help."

Alvilda rummages around in her bag for a few moments and pulls out her hand to reaveal a torch that is already lit.

"This is wonderful magical item I acquired once. It's amazing what you can find on shipwrecks these days."

Sorry for all the text, I've only posted once today so I had a lot to say.

Banderbear
2010-02-11, 04:59 PM
"Alright then, we shall quickly check the dead end, just so that we keep the party together."

Isiah sends the bear on ahead down the right passage and follows with his lantern in one hand and his Bringer of Holy Fire in the other having reloaded the bolt he fired while conversation was occurring.

I swear if I get eaten by a dragon down this dead end I will NOT be happy. But this being Skippy DMing I'm already writing up my back-up character just in case...

Shkippy
2010-02-11, 06:56 PM
The bear heads off into the dungeon, going to your right first. Alvilda follows the bear, with Vakran by her side (I assume from now you travel with the meat shields first from now on :smallwink:) Isiah follows them, and Frey and Nikolai follow at the rear.

The bear halts ahead of you, just round the corner. It can't go any further due to a wall. All there is in this corner is a few bones and some rags around them. Nothing of value, just the stench of Acid and dragons.

Disappointed by the dead end of this corridor, you all head back down the other corridor, still in the same order (I assume) and reach the corner to a much narrower corridor.

MAP
As before, B is the bear

Oh ye of little faith, I dont intend to kill you yet, I have more plans than that :P

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-11, 06:57 PM
"Bears and Ladies first..."

I have 6 back up characters:smallfrown:
Maybe Thats too much...

Banderbear
2010-02-12, 05:21 AM
Isiah commands the bear to continue around the corner and then continues to follow it at a distance.

It never hurts to be prepared and have a back-up :P

Shadows
2010-02-12, 08:26 AM
I will be away from keyboard until sunday, so just put me wherever I need to be to get the most flanking.

Shkippy
2010-02-12, 02:17 PM
You continue down through the gloom of the dungeon. After only about 20 feet you come to a large wooden door on your right. It looks pretty sturdy. The corridor continues even further

By the way, the map is hosted on photobucket, and when I upload the new one it overwrites the old one, so all the maps I post up will be replaced (hence all are up to date). Sorry if this is confusing.)

next map:

Banderbear
2010-02-12, 02:28 PM
Isiah studies the door for a moment to think about what may be hidden behind the door.

Knowledge(Dungeoneering) Check [roll0]

I swear to god this door is going to be trapped and kill us all...

"Anybody have any suggestions as to which path we choose?"

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-12, 03:51 PM
Frey ponders...

Lets see....

[roll0]

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-12, 03:53 PM
"I think we should take the door."

Banderbear
2010-02-12, 04:49 PM
"That an offer to go through first?"

Isiah smiles wearily.

Shkippy
2010-02-12, 05:05 PM
:smallconfused: What was the roll for oscar? or just deciding if Frey wants to go in

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-12, 05:49 PM
Rollin to see which way I go

outforbl00d
2010-02-12, 08:04 PM
Alvilda knows that there are probably worse things to come behind this door, but knows that it is necessary if we all wish to complete our task, given to us by Karl.

"I think we should go in. I think Vakran should probably lead as he seems to be the sturdiest, followed by myself, and the rest of you behind us."

Shadows
2010-02-14, 11:41 AM
"I am thinking perhaps we go through door, but perhaps we all stand back while one of us is risking traps. Maybe we draw lots?"

Banderbear
2010-02-14, 01:24 PM
Isiah continues to study the door.

*cough* I rolled a Knowledge check a while back *cough*

Shkippy
2010-02-14, 03:06 PM
Isiah's knowledge of dungeons tells him this is a door. Doors often have rooms behind them. Some have corridors. Doors open and close. Some doors are locked. Some doors have traps. Stuff is sometimes behind locked doors.

Happy now?

Someone go through the door already! You don't even know if its locked yet! :smallfurious:

Shadows
2010-02-14, 03:08 PM
Okay! Fine! I will!

Nikolai steps up to the door.

"We are not making progress by arguing like old women!"

He puts his hand on the doorknob.

"I will open door!"

He slowly turns the doorknob.

"You might be wanting to stand back now."

He gives the door a push...

Shkippy
2010-02-14, 03:16 PM
Nikolai throws caution to the wind, and unlike an old woman he tries the door.

As he puts his hand on the doorknob! Nothing happens

As he turns the handle! Nothing happens

As he pushes the door! SOMETHING HAPPENS!

The door swings open and creaks loudly, revealing a smallish shadowy room. It is very dusty and smells awfully of acid. Within the room are 5 Black Dragon wyrmlings, who seem to be play-fighting and enjoying each others company, swooping around and knocking into each other. When the door opens and creaks, they whirl around to look directly at you, hissing and trying to roar at you.

See, I'm not killing you yet! I'm sure you can handle more dragons right Dom?

Everyone roll initiative, and post your first round action.

Shkippy
2010-02-14, 03:18 PM

Shadows
2010-02-14, 03:27 PM
Initiative Roll: [roll0]

As he pushes the door ajar, Nikolai turns back to the others:

"See! All is safe! Is like my father said"

As he is about to tell you exactly what his father said, he suddenly notices the dragons behind him, and turns back around.

As he turns, his hands vanish from sight beneath his cloak, and by the time he has rotated to face into the room, each hand contains a handful of daggers!

[spoiler]
Attack rolls (full attack, rapid shot, palm throw with each hand, 1 on each dragon, two on the last):
Right Hand Attack 1
[roll1]
[roll2]
Left Hand Attack 1
[roll3]
[roll4]
Right Hand Attack 2
[roll5]
[roll6]
Right Hand Attack 2
[roll7]
[roll8]
Left Hand Attack 3
[roll9]
[roll10]
Left Hand Attack 3
[roll11]
[roll12]
[spoiler]

Banderbear
2010-02-14, 03:52 PM
"Dragons, why is it always dragons?"

Initiative [roll0]

Isiah commands the bear to attack the nearest wrymling before firing a couple of crossbow bolts into the next nearest dragon.

[spoiler]
Bear Claw 1
[roll1]
[roll2]

Bear Claw 2
[roll3]
[roll4]

Bear Bite
[roll5]
[roll6]

Crossbow bolt 1
[roll7]
[roll8]+[roll9]

Crossbow bolt 2
[roll10]
[roll11]+[roll12]

outforbl00d
2010-02-14, 05:52 PM
Alvilda looks at the black dragon wyrmlings and finds them strangely cute. She has never agreed with the slaughtering of young/baby animals which pose little or no threat. She walks into the room and takes up a defensive position, reluctant to engage the dragons directly.

"I will feel so guilty about slaughtering such young and innocent creatures, but I must help to protect my friends." Alvilda says with uncertainty.

Using combat expertise (-5 attack rolls, but +5 on AC)
Initiative: [roll0]

Alvilda moves 10ft through the door.

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-15, 05:28 AM
Initiative Check
[roll0]

Frey stays where he is. 10ft away from the door or so and does the 'Fighting Defensively' as a Full-Round Action.

Shkippy
2010-02-15, 12:36 PM
post coming soon, I just have to make sausage curry and eat it first

Shkippy
2010-02-15, 01:24 PM
Vakran draws his axe and throws himself towards the furthest Dragon, regardless of any in between. He wants to get into the thick of it straight away.

Initiative [roll0]

Attack: [roll1]
Damage [roll2] fire [roll3]

Shkippy
2010-02-15, 01:59 PM
Initiative
Vakran - 22
Dragons - 17
Isiah - 16
Alvilda - 12
Frey + Nikolai 8

Vakran dashes across the room, ignoring 2 of the dragons around him and risking hits from them, just to get to the one on the opposite side of the room. On his way, he steps on a pressure pad just inside the room, which nobody had noticed. Suddenly, the laws of physics are forgotten, and you all fly towards the ceiling, as if gravity has been reversed!

A reflex save means you manage to secure yourself before "falling" So I'll roll them. Also, anyone who has tumble I'll roll a check to see if you can negate 10 feet of the damage

Alvilda: reflex: [roll0] Tumble: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] (separate as tumble may negate 1d6)

Nikolai: reflex: [roll4] Tumble: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] + [roll7] (separate as tumble may negate 1d6)

Isiah: reflex: [roll8] (no tumble)
Damage: [roll9]

Frey: reflex: [roll10] (no tumble)
Damage: [roll11]

Vakran: reflex: [roll12] (no tumble)
Damage: [roll13]

Dragons are flying hence no damage.

I'll finish the round and resolve it in the next post, I just need to know these rolls.

Shkippy
2010-02-15, 02:05 PM
forgot the bear
reflex: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Shkippy
2010-02-15, 02:30 PM
With lightining reflexes, Frey, Isiah and Nikolai react to try and anchor themselves on the "floor". Unfortunately, the only object around that could be used for such a thing is the doorknob. Nikolai manages to grab it and hold on, but in the absence of other anchoring objects, Isiah grabs his foot, and Frey grabs Isiahs foot. All 3 are now hanging from the door.

Hence none of you take damage from falling.
Frey is now around 20ft above the ceiling
Isiah is now around 30ft above the ceiling
Nikolai is still 40ft above the ceiling

Alvilda, Vakran and the Bear are however, much less lucky. They fall to the ground hard. Alvilda manages to roll as she lands, taking away some of the damage from her fall, but Vakran lands hard on his stomach. The bear slams onto its back.

2 of the Dragons now see Vakran as an easy target, lying there and open. They swoop down and bite at him

Dragon 1: [roll0]

Dragon 2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

The other 3 Dragons notice the 3 adventurers Hanging from the door. They see The Dragon hide hanging from Frey's pack, and hesitate slightly, looking a little worried, but then go in for the attack on Nikolai

You all count as flat footed for this :smalltongue:

Dragon 3: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Dragon 4: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Dragon 5: [roll8]

Isiah commands the bear to attack, and since the only Dragons it can reach are the ones assaulting Vakran, it goes for one of them. Only one of its claws hits the Wyrmling.

Isiah, though in a terrible predicament, stilla ttempts to fire his crossbow, Despite his distraction, one of his bolts hits its mark.

Alvilda rolls when she lands, taking minimal damage to herself. She moves away slightly and takes up a defensive position, reluctant to attack the Young Dragons.

Frey just hangs from Isiah's foot, assessing the situation.

Nikolai, apparently barely even phased by the switch of gravity, still manages to hurl out 3 daggers from his free hand, and all 3 hit their targets.

Phew, thats a crazy round. To summarise:

1. Nikolai is holding the doorknob, Isiah is holding his leg, and Frey is holding Isiahs leg

2.Alvilda, Vakran and the Bear are on the ceiling

3. 2 of the Dragons are hovering above the ceiling around Vakran. (D1 and D2)

4. 3 of the Dragons are hovering around Nikolai at the ground

Also, Nikolai you need make a strength check to keep hold of the doorknob with all the extra weight :smalltongue:

Shkippy
2010-02-15, 02:32 PM
Hit points
Alvilda: 103
Isiah: 58
Frey: 60
Nikolai: 86
Vakran: 128

Shkippy
2010-02-15, 02:36 PM
Map:

ARRRGH! SO MANY POSTS IN A ROW!!!

Banderbear
2010-02-15, 03:35 PM
"A most interesting device, I shall have to examine it once we are rid of these damnable wyrmlings."

Isiah says, keeping a calm tone despite hanging from the foot of a man he met less than 12 hours ago. He then shouts over to Alvilda.

"I'm aware you feel that these dragons are young and innocent, but I assure you they are not. These dragons are evil and dangerous, even now, I strongly request your assistance in dispatching them before them grow and become even bigger and more dangerous. There are settlements nearby that these dragons will feed on in a few years at most."

Isiah then commands the bear to continue its onslaught.

Claw 1
[roll0]
[roll1]
Claw 2
[roll2]
[roll3]
Bite
[roll4]
[roll5]

He then makes use of his free hand to fire another 2 crossbow bolts.

Bolt 1
[roll6]
[roll7]+[roll8]
Bolt 2
[roll9]
[roll10]+[roll11]

And this is why I'm making a back-up character... Skippy really wants us all dead in the most bizarre way possible...

outforbl00d
2010-02-15, 03:59 PM
Alvilda listens to Isiah's voice of reason, and realises that although these Dragons may be cute and innocent at the moment, they will grow up to be fearsome killing machines.

Alvilda does a full attack on the second dragon (D2).

No longer using combat expertise :P

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage 2: [roll4]
Ice damage: [roll5]

outforbl00d
2010-02-15, 04:03 PM
Roll to confirm critical: [roll0]

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-15, 04:45 PM
I never went inside the room though....
I believe I was still inside the corridor 10ft away from the door...
Oh well it doesn't matter now......

Frey hanging from Nikolia's foot makes a spot check to see what is around the room apart from several flying dragons and the party.

Spot Check
[roll0]

Then he may do either of these possible (long winded actions):

Start
Spoiler 1

If the door looks easily accessible, as even though I'm something like 20ft to 30ft big, as you didn't say how big it was, also I am 10ft big!!!! Wow.....Sorry

Anyway If I can get to the door quickly, like jumping to it or a quick climb check that looks easy to pass then I do this.

Frey, feeling that he is starting to lose his grip, decides to see if the trap effects the corridor as well, and throws his swords into it (which was still drawn from the previous fight and in his other hand I am guessing), Free action.
If the sword doesn't fall into the ceiling of the corridor. Then he attempts to get into the corridor. Move action.
To see rolls for this please see Spoiler 2

If it looks like Frey cannot get into the corridor, he doesn't do any of that instead he makes a climb check down the wall to this buildings previous ceiling.
Please see Spoiler 2 for Climb Check.

Spoiler 2

Climb Check, If necessary
[roll1]

Jump Check, If necessary
[roll2]

Once in the corridor, please see Spoiler 3

Or once on floor/ceiling of main room then, please also see Spoiler 3.

Spoiler 3

Once on floor/ceiling or corridor with Frey then cast summon undead 5, standard action.
And summons 2 undead Allips (Page 10 Monster Manual).

End My Turn

How was the curry Alex?

Shkippy
2010-02-15, 04:56 PM
The trap affects outside the corridor aswell, so unless you want me to just give you 4d6 damage with no chance of anchoring yourself, I suggest you dont complain :smalltongue:

I made you all 10ft to make things easier. I mean if you reach up with your arm as high as you can, its probably about 8-9ft. So Im making you 10ft just to round things off.

Frey quickly looks around, and sees that in the corner of the room a large chest also fell from the ground unpwards. There is also a heavy metal door on the other side of the room.

Could you please decide what you do on your turn please, cos I am totally confused

Shadows
2010-02-15, 08:25 PM
"ARGH! I CANNOT HOLD YOU ALL!"

Nikolai shouts, holding on for dear life.

strength check
[roll0]

Assuming that fails (or heck, even if it succeeds!) I would like to throw a full attack's worth of daggers at myself, using ranged pin to pin myself to the door by my clothing.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
for each attack that hits my touch AC, (which I am pretty sure is 15 since I am pretty sure I am flatfooted) I need to make two DC15 str checks to free myself. I choose to fail the opposed grapple check against myself... or choose to pass, I guess. That should keep me up here.

Bet you have never had a player grapple themselves before!

Also... do I get a bonus for flanking?

Acting quickly as his grip fails, Nikolai draws another handful of blades, and starts hurling them towards himself, each one snagging in his loose clothing, pinning him to the door of the room and holding him securely.

Shadows
2010-02-15, 08:28 PM
Even if that roll succeeds, I DO THIS ANYWAY.

Also, I use the attack of opportunity I threaten against myself to stick another knife through a piece of clothing! :P

Banderbear
2010-02-16, 06:35 AM
Wow and I thought pulling a bear out of a bag while having by face bitten by a dragon was impressive...
I'll have to up my game next round :P

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-16, 07:25 AM
Okay it seems my last post was confusing. So I will sum it up:

Frey climbs down the wall, to the ceiling (where the bear, V and Alvilda are).
Then once on floor/ceiling Frey casts the spell 'summon undead 5', summoning 2 undead Allips (Page 10 Monster Manual).

Daily Amount of Spells:
6/6/6/5/3

Current Spells Left:
6/6/6/4/2

Alex my rolls are in spoiler 2 of my previous post. thank you for letting me use them.

Shkippy
2010-02-16, 07:33 AM
Vakran pulls himself back up off the ground and whirls around with his axe to strike the nearest Dragon to him (Dragon 1). The 2 Dragons around him lash out as he rises

Dragon 1 AoO: [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Dragon 2 AoO: [roll2]
damage [roll3]

Vakran attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5] + [roll6]

Both Dragons around Vakran open their Jaws wide, and throw jets of acid into his face.

Vakran reflex saves:
[roll7]
[roll8]

Dragon acid damage:
[roll9]
[roll10]

The 3 Dragons around the doorway further their attacks on Nikolai, visciously clawing at him.

Dragon 3
Bite [roll11]
damage [roll12]
Claw 1 [roll13]
Damage [roll14]
Claw 2 [roll15]
Damage [roll16]

Dragon 4
Bite [roll17]
damage [roll18]
Claw 1 [roll19]
Damage [roll20]
Claw 2 [roll21]
Damage [roll22]

Dragon 5
Bite [roll23]
damage [roll24]
Claw 1 [roll25]
Damage [roll26]
Claw 2 [roll27]
Damage [roll28]

Shkippy
2010-02-16, 07:58 AM
Initiative
Vakran - 22
Dragons - 17
Isiah - 16
Alvilda - 12
Frey + Nikolai

Vakran whirls upwards swinging his axe and roaring, but is struck by one of the Dragons on his way up, taking a minor scratch in his arm.

His axe slices into one of the Baby Dragons, bringing it to the ground with a crash, unconscious.

The other Dragon next to Vakran lets out a shriek and fires a line of acid straight at his face. It splashes him badly, burning slightly.

The other 3 remaining Dragons continue to attack Nikolai, identifying him as a vulnerable target. 2 bites, and 2 claws manage to strike him. He shrugs off the minimal damage easily.

Isiah declares interest in this trap, but is a little preoccupied to do anything with it yet. He tries to convince Alvilda that it is in all their best interests to kill these beasts, no matter how young or innocent they may seem.

The bear lifts itself off the ground, and goes to attack the nearest dragon (single attack, move action to get up. Only bite used). Its jaws close on the dragons neck, causing extreme bleeding but not quite killing the beast.

Isiah manages to fire his crossbow in his free hand, and keep hold of Nikolais foot with the other. His first bolt goes off in the wrong direction, but he steadies his aim and manages to hit one of the dragons circling Nikolai.

Alvilda reconsiders her outlook on these young dragons, and goes in for the kill. She slices across its flank with her rapier, and whirls around for another attack. Her rapier pierces through its mouth and out the back of its skull. You hear a crinkling noise, which may be the dragons brain being frozen by the magic blade. As she whips the blade back out, the dragon falls down, very, very dead.

Frey manages to jump across to the wall, rather ungainly. He scurries down the wall as best he can. With a lack of handholds its not exactly easy, but he manages to reach the bottom with only minor scuffs and scratches on his clothes. Once he reaches the bottom, he mutters dark words and makes a few hand gestures. next to him appear 2 Allips. Evil remains of vengeful spirits.

Nikolai thinks quickly, and decides his best course of action is to anchor himself to the door. Using his prowess with knives, he manages to lodge 6 knives through choice parts of his clothing, securing himself to the door. He manages to maintain his strength to keep Isiah hanging from his foot aswell, and the knives hold... for now.

hit points
Alvilda - 103/120
Isiah - 58/80
Frey - 60/60
Nikolai - 81/90
Vakran - 119/170

Shkippy
2010-02-16, 11:34 AM
Map:

Ok, since this combat is a bit of a mind**** I've split the map into 2

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd27/adg1310/floorceiling.jpg

Banderbear
2010-02-16, 12:21 PM
"I'm feeling somewhat exposed out here... I think a small amount of practical application of knowledge is needed..."

Isiah holsters the Bringer of Holy Fire and plucks another patch from his cloak, suddenly 50ft of rope appears in Isiah's hand. Isiah drapes the rope over his free arm and begins making hand movements and speaking incantations. The rope begins to take on a life of its own and begins to rise up slightly, the top end remains suspended in the air as if affixed to something invisible. So now one end of the rope is hanging close to the ceiling and the other end is hanging in mid air, retaking hold of the rope Isiah lets go of Nikolai's foot and the rope holds strong. From his place on the rope Isiah shouts up to Nikolai.

"I'm afraid the rope can only hold one person at a time, give me chance to climb to the top then you can make use of it to go up or down as you please."

The bear continues to attack the nearest dragon.

Claw 1
[roll0]
[roll1]
Claw 2
[roll2]
[roll3]
Bite
[roll4]
[roll5]

Banderbear
2010-02-16, 12:27 PM
Confirm critical for Claw 1
[roll0]
[roll1]

Shkippy
2010-02-16, 12:52 PM
Unless you're bear has suddenly sprouted wings, it can't hit any of the dragons.

outforbl00d
2010-02-16, 01:01 PM
Alvilda chooses her next dragon to attack, which is dragon D5. She realises that it is a little out of reach so she leaps into the air and throws her dagger at the dragon.

Jump check: [roll0]
Dagger attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

You can do my penalties :)

outforbl00d
2010-02-16, 01:13 PM
Okay, well that didn't go so well :P

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-16, 04:20 PM
Frey cackling madly says "Fly my pretties!!! FLY!"

His 2 Allips attack Dragon 3

Allip 1
Touch Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Allip 2
Touch Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

Mean while After Freys cackling stops he activates his Fear Aura and casts spectral hand.

Frey takes [roll4]
From casting spectral hand, will get health back at end of spells duration.

Daily Amount of Spells:
6/6/6/5/3

Current Spells Left:
6/5/6/4/2

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-16, 04:22 PM
Oh yeah Allips deal wisdom damage.

Shadows
2010-02-16, 09:09 PM
Despite having prevented himself from falling, Nikolai is still in a precarious position. However, despite preventing himself from attacking by pinning himself to the wall, he is still capable of lending his teammates a hand in his own way.

The power of RAWK!
Two of the dragons need to make will saves or be fascinated by my bardic music. The save DC is the result of my perform check.
[roll0]

"I SEE A DRAGON AND I WANT TO PAINT IT BLACK!"

Shkippy
2010-02-17, 07:12 AM
Vakran pulls out a throwing axe, and hurls it at the nearest dragon to him

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

The Dragons hear Nikolai's outburst of sing, but easily resist its lure, due to the massive distraction of their kin being slaughtered around them, and the threats of the other adventurers

Sorry Dan, good idea though. And a good choice of song :P

The distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents the ability from working

I'll post up the final round stuff later, when i have more time

Shkippy
2010-02-17, 10:26 AM
Initiative
Vakran - 22
Dragons - 17
Isiah - 16
Alvilda - 12
Frey + Nikolai - 8

Vakran whips a throwing axe from a loop on his belt, and hurl it upwards at a Dragon. It spins gracefully through the air, and his aim is true. The axe slams into the side of the Dragon, but does not bring it down (or should that be up?)

The Dragons are somewhat amused by Nikolai's singing, but still swoop in to attack him, being the vulnerable target. One of the moves away slightly and sends a line of acid at him

Dragon 3
bite: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
Claw 1: [roll2]
Claw 2: [roll4]

Dragon 4
bite: [roll6]
damage: [roll7]
Claw 1: [roll8]
Claw 2: [roll10]

Dragon 5
5 foot step back and uses its breath weapon
Damage: [roll12]

Isiah takes a rope from his pack, and casts a spell upon it, making it hold itself in mid air, dangling... upwards. He climbs down the rope, commanding the bear to attack. However the bear is on the ceiling, and there are no dragons within its reach, so it gets totally confused and sits down to rethink its position in life, and wonder why the hell its on the ceiling.

Alvilda decides she might hit a dragon better with a leap upwards before hurling her dagger. Unfortunately her leap was terribly executed, and she trips over her own feet, landing flat on her face. The dagger still flies upwards towards the combat. It whizzes straight past the dragon, and embeds itself in the wall next to Nikolai's head, a lucky escape.

Frey shows his true colours, laughing like the insane creature he really is, he sends off his minions to do his bidding. The ghosts glide upwards (downwards?) and attack one of the dragons. The attack seems to make no physical contact with the beast, but it screeches in pain.

Nikolai sings loudly about painting the Dragons, an excellent choice of tune, but unfortunately ineffective for its purposes.

Shkippy
2010-02-17, 10:30 AM
hit points
Alvilda - 103/120
Isiah - 58/80
Frey - 60/60
Nikolai - 74/90
Vakran - 119/170

map:

Banderbear
2010-02-17, 10:53 AM
Isiah climbs up the rope to the top (the end hanging in mid-air) and upon reaching the top disappears from sight completely.

Isiah is now inside a small extra-dimensional space that has enough space within it for 8 Medium creatures and will exist for 5 hours, the rope is the only way of access the space and while Isiah can see out of the space nothing can see into it (not even scrying). Spells and area effects cannot cross into the extra dimensional space.

Now out of harms way Isiah takes a moment to gather his breath and unholsters the Bringer of Holy Fire, carefully planning his next few moves.

Shadows
2010-02-17, 06:38 PM
"NO RED WYRMS ANY MORE I WANT THEM TO TURN BLACK!"

Nikolai continues singing.

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-17, 08:10 PM
Frey uses charnel touch via his spectral hand to attack Dragon 4.

Attack Roll, Melee Touch Attack Against their touch AC
[roll0]

Damage Roll
[roll1]

Freys allips continue their onslaught on dragon 3.

Allip 1
Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3] Wisdom

Allip 2
Attack
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5] Wisdom

outforbl00d
2010-02-18, 07:35 PM
Alvilda again tries to attack Dragon D5 by leaping and throwing a dagger.

Jump check: [roll0]
Dagger throw:[roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

I can't remember if I've done that right, and I haven't included penalties, so you can do that, please :P

Shkippy
2010-02-19, 07:59 AM
Sorry the next post might be a bit delayed, since I've managed to lose my memory stick which had a few important bits on it. Once im sorted/find it I'll get back on track

Shkippy
2010-02-19, 08:34 PM
Vakran sighs, unhappy about not being able to get into the direct combat. He draws and throws another throwing axe from his belt

Attack: [roll0]

One of the Dragons (D5) swoops away from Daniel and goes for Frey instead

Attack: [roll2]

The other 2 continue to slash and bite at Nikolai, disliking his singing

Dragon 3
Bite: [roll4]
Claw 1: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Claw 2: [roll8]

Dragon 4
Bite: [roll10]
Claw 1: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]
Claw 2: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15]

Shkippy
2010-02-19, 08:58 PM
Initiative
Vakran - 22
Dragons - 17
Isiah - 16
Alvilda - 12
Frey + Nikolai - 8

Vakran's axe strikes another dragon, sticking in its side but yet again, doesn't bring one down.

One of the dragons swings down and goes for freys face with its jaws. Its teeth slash across him, leaving deep scratches

The other 2 continue to try and kill Nikolai, who is still pinned in place. A few teeth and claws hit him, but still nothing deadly. They're only baby dragons after all.

Isiah vanishes into another dimension at the end of the rope, where he stops to consider his next approach carefully.

Alvilda attempts again to hurl a dagger with added accuracy from a jump. Thankfully her second attempt is much better than her first. Her leap is well judged, and the dagger flies toward the Dragon and strikes it right in the gut. Blood gushes down (or rather, up) From the dragons belly, and splatters on the ceiling. However the dragon does not fall.

Frey's minions continue to mindrape the Dragon. Its head is so screwed up now that it falls into a a coma. Its head is filled with terrible visions. Since the dragon was hovering around Nikolai, it falls to the ceiling, slamming into it.

"Falling" Damage: [roll0]

Frey reaches out with his spectral hand to touch one of the dragons, which screeches in pain for a second.

Nikolai... Keeps singing. Entertaining, but otherwise useless

Shkippy
2010-02-19, 09:05 PM
The unconscious Dragon hits the ceiling with a sickening crack. Its still alive, but various bones stick painfully out of its scales. It remains asleep, twitching from its terrible visions.

HP
Alvilda - 103/120
Isiah - 58/80
Frey - 56/60
Nikolai - 67/90
Vakran - 119/170

map

oops, Alvilda gets an AoO on D5 for attacking Oscar

outforbl00d
2010-02-20, 07:44 AM
AoO
Alvilda slashes the dragon with her rapier on its way past.

outforbl00d
2010-02-20, 07:47 AM
[spoiler]Oooh wow.. roll to confirm critical :D

outforbl00d
2010-02-20, 07:49 AM
Sorry for mucking the spoiler up, but I don't want to edit it in case it changes my rolls :P And sorry for 3 posts in a row :P

Shkippy
2010-02-20, 04:55 PM
Awesome, well done, I'll now put in for that
The dragon swoops in front of Alvilda, unfortunately for it. She swings round in a a blur and slashes the dragon across the face. Her slash is so well placed, the blade goes through the front of the dragons head and straight down, passing through its entire body to the tail. before these 2 parts of dragon have chance to fall, her rapier blurs all over, effectively turning it into dragon mincemeat.

Jesus Christ woman! You did 27 Damage to a Baby dragon on 5 HP! :smalleek:

Edit: Oh yeah, and Oscar takes no damage because of this, since the dragon will never have had chance to bite him

Edited HP:

Frey - 60/60

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-20, 07:07 PM
Frey chuckles and says "Thanks Alvilda, your help is appreciated"

His minions having finished mind raping dragon 3 go to mind rape another aka dragon 4 as its the only dragon left.

Allip 1
Attack Roll
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Allip 2
Attack Roll
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

Meanwhile Frey goes towards dragon 3s body and coup de graces it.

outforbl00d
2010-02-20, 08:40 PM
While the place is relatively safe from the dragons (having one unconscious, and one flying above where she cannot reach), Alvilda decides to look around the room for any epic loots.

Spot check: [roll0]

Shadows
2010-02-20, 09:37 PM
Nikolai continues hanging around, looking cool.

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-21, 03:00 AM
I already took a spot check and got 13, maybe you will see something else but all I saw was this:

Frey quickly looks around, and sees that in the corner of the room a large chest also fell from the ground unpwards. There is also a heavy metal door on the other side of the room.

Shkippy
2010-02-21, 07:19 AM
Yeah You saw that, but they don't know what you saw :smallwink:

just waiting on Dom now. I wonder if anyone is actually going to kill the dragon?

Banderbear
2010-02-21, 07:50 AM
"What, are you just going to leave a dragon flying around up here?"

Isiah's voice echoes forth from nothingness.

"Guess I have to do everything myself."

Isiah slides down the rope, out from the other dimension until he is more or less level with the last dragon and fires off a shot at it from the Bringer of Holy Fire.

[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]

EDIT: Forgot about an extra to hit bonus (+1 for less than 30ft) so that to hit roll is at +10 rather than +9

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-21, 07:51 AM
....True

...What dragon? The wyrmling that my Allips are raping? Or another one?

Shkippy
2010-02-21, 09:51 AM
The one the Allips are attacking. Thats the only one left after you coup de grace the other one.

Vakran decides the other Dragon is no longer a threat to anyone, and that everyone else can handle it. He sits down (on the ceiling) and starts checking his axe over and cleaning dragon guts off himself.

The last Dragon sees all its companions fall, and makes one last attempt at Nikolai's face

Bite: [roll0]
Claw 1: [roll2]
Claw 2: [roll4]

Shkippy
2010-02-21, 10:04 AM
Initiative
Vakran - 22
Dragons - 17
Isiah - 16
Alvilda - 12
Frey + Nikolai - 8

Vakran sits and checks over his equipment, deciding not to bother with the last Dragon.

The Dragon goes for Nikolai yet again, only managing to cause a minor scratch on his arm

Isiah shoots out of his hidden dimension, crossbow at the ready. He fires at the dragon, hitting in in the chest. But the dragon still doesn't fall. This ones proving a little hardy.

Alvilda looks around the room for anything valuable, and notices there is an upturned chest on the ceiling near to her, which had obviously fallen when the gravity reversed. She also notices a heavy steel door at the side of the room.

Frey sends his minions to do his bidding again. One of them manages to affect the dragon, but not fatally

Nikolai, ever the optimist, just hangs where he is. Apparently not even bothered by the dragon always pestering him.

Suddenly, you all realise physics has found its feet again, and the gravity in the room reverts back to normality. Vakran, Alvilda, Frey, and The Chest all fall back down from the ceiling. Nikolai is still pinned to the door, so all the only affect on him is he is now hanging upside down. Isiah tries desperately to keep hold of his rope not to fall off.

And now you take more falling damage. There's no handholds on the ceiling, so nowhere to anchor yourselves. I'll roll Isiahs reflex save to try and keep hold of the rope.

Isiah
Reflex: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (Im assuming you're half way up/down the rope)

Alvilda
Tumble to negate 1d6: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] + [roll4]

Vakran

Frey
Damage: [roll6]

Shkippy
2010-02-21, 10:10 AM
Unfortunately, Isiah does not manage to keep hold of the rope when Gravity switches back to normal again, and falls head first, landing in front of nikolai.

Hit points
Alvilda - 91
Isiah - 47
Frey - 45
Nikolai - 66
Vakran - 103

map:
BING! Normailty is restored

We'll go back to the normal map now

Banderbear
2010-02-21, 10:37 AM
"Most curious..."

Isiah standing up and unleashes another bolt into the dragon.

[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]

"That ought to bring it down at last."

... or maybe not...
Also; just realised this combat has taken a WEEK... damn... lol...

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-21, 11:57 AM
Frey mutters "Well, that hurt..." while getting up off the floor.

I have DR/4, reduce damage from fall by 4 please :smalltongue:
This combat has indeed taken a while...

Frey's Allips Screaming in delighted as the dragon gets its mind played with by them continue their playfulness.

Allip 1
Attack Roll
[roll0]
Damage Roll
[roll1]

Allip 1
Attack Roll
[roll2]
Damage Roll
[roll3]

Shkippy
2010-02-21, 12:31 PM
Ah yes, sorted. You wouldn't even have taken damage from the dragon if Becky hadn't smushed it then :smalltongue:

And yes, this has taken far too long. I think the problem is people all post at different times, so although we could get more than one round done a day, because everyone could post more than once, we rarely do because of timing.

outforbl00d
2010-02-21, 06:43 PM
"Doing everything yourself? We've killed four dragons while you've been sat in your little hole. I suppose it's better than the dragons mouth though"

Alvilda jokes to Isiah.

Alvilda moves over to the chest and fumbles around trying to see if the chest is locked or if there is another trip inside it.

Search Check: [roll0]

If the edit changes my roll I did a roll of 1d20+5 and got 16, and Alex you already saw that :P

Shadows
2010-02-21, 09:47 PM
"Very good fighting, my friends."

Nikolai says, his perception having shifted with the changing gravity, leaving him hanging upside down.

He mutters a short word, and vanishes in a puff of smoke, reappearing moments later in the centre of the room, now the correct way up. His knives, now free from the door, clatter to the ground at his feet. He gathers them up, and re-stows them beneath his cape.

Shkippy
2010-02-22, 08:01 AM
The last dragon falls to the ground dead. Congratulations you're all still alive.

The chest in the corner is not locked, or trapped as far as Alvilda can tell

Banderbear
2010-02-22, 08:55 AM
Isiah studies the trap that Vakran triggered and try and figure out it's workings.

Knowledge(Dungeoneering)[roll0]
Knowledge(Architecture)[roll1]
Knowledge(Arcana)[roll2]

After drawing his conclusions Isiah leaves the others to plunder the chest as they wish while walking over to the steel door BUT NOT OPENING IT and remarking.

"Can we try to avoid setting off any traps in the next room, I'm looking at you Vakran."

outforbl00d
2010-02-22, 09:40 AM
As the chest is not locked, and there are no traps, Alvilda opens the chest and looks inside.

I know this is noobish but I cant remember if I have to do any checks or not. Let me know :)

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-22, 10:57 AM
I coup de grace all of the dragon wrymlings making sure they are all dead. Then I study the steel door on the other side of the room, seeing if there are anytraps.

Search Check
[roll0]

If there are anytraps I inform everyone else about it.

Shkippy
2010-02-22, 01:52 PM
Frey wanders around the room, ensuring every dragon is dead, beheading them all. He then has a quick look round for more traps, but doesn't manage to see any.

Isiah leans down at the place where the trap was triggered and inspects the area. The device doesn't seem to have much in the way of mundane components, so you can't really decipher much about it through knowledge. From the obvious effects, you know it reverses gravity

Dom, You do know what architecture is right?

Architecture is the art and science of designing buildings and other physical structures.

not traps....

Vakran smiles at Isiah "Sorry Lad, heat o' the battle an all. I just could nae wait tae get it!"

Alvilda flicks open the chest cautiously. Nothing happens at all. Inside she finds a strange looking white cloak and 500 Platinum pieces.

Ok, its now up to Becky what she does with the loot she's found

outforbl00d
2010-02-22, 02:02 PM
Alvilda is amazed to find so much money, but doesn't want to appear greedy, so she splits it with the group, but not evenly. She gives 100 platinum pieces to Isiah, Nikolai and Freh, and keeps 200 for herself. She picks out the white cloak and feels it for quality, but wonders if there is anything else about it she ought to know before she tries it on.

"Hey, can any of you guys work out if this is magical or not?"

Banderbear
2010-02-22, 02:46 PM
I'm well aware of what Architecture is Skippy :P Art History covers Architecture too, the Architecture roll was to see if I could figure out how they'd managed to rig it up within the building so that only a few rooms were affected or whether the whole dungeon (or even whole world) had just been affected. And I guessed it wouldn't have much in the way of mundane components, hence me making an Arcana check.

"I'm afraid I shan't be able to identify it's exact magic qualities until tomorrow but I should be able to tell you whether it is magic."

Isiah casts detect magic on the cloak

Shkippy
2010-02-22, 03:54 PM
The cloak is definitely magical.

You can tell the trap was triggered by an alarm spell, and that it cast a reverse gravity spell. The spell only affected the immediate area. The room and the corridors around it.

It would suck if it was the whole world :smalltongue:

Banderbear
2010-02-23, 08:12 AM
"I suggest we continue onwards with some urgency, with that many dragons guarding this room I get a feeling this door may well lead to where we want to be rather than the corridor we were just on."

After a moment of silence...

"So who wants to volunteer to open the ominous metal door that was guarded by no less than 5 dragons?"

Shadows
2010-02-23, 10:46 AM
"Am I having to do everything for you?"

Nikolai sighs, steps forward and opens the door, feeling a slight sense of deja-vu. Once the door is open, he turns to the party, and gestures them through.

"Ladies first."

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-23, 11:39 AM
Frey pondering on what Isiah had said, says:
"You say alarm spell, so considering we heard nothing the original caster of that spell now knows we are here."

While saying this Frey with a flick of his hand sends his Allips through the walls into the room where the metal door leads to, one of them is ordered to return ASAP if they discover hostile creatures in that room.

"Also what are magical auras of the trap and cloak, you may find some more facts of them by looking at their aura's, even what school they are from since you have cast detect magic"

"Thank You. For the platinium Alvilda"

Continues Frey. Putting the PP into his pockets and anyother place that could hold them. While waiting for Alvilda to leave first or one of his Allips to return.

Detect Magic is such a fun spell.:smallsmile:

Shkippy
2010-02-23, 12:16 PM
The allips float through the wall and out of sight, but don't return.

The heavy metal door swings open easily to reveal another room. The room is dimly lit with candles, so you can easily view the contents. It seems to be some sort of wizards workroom. The benches are littered with all sorts of apparatus and weird objects. There is nobody in the room though. On the other side there is a wooden door, which has a heavy bolt across it.

map:

Shadows
2010-02-23, 12:17 PM
"See! Is perfectly safe!"

Nikolai says, holding the door open and peering in.

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-23, 12:26 PM
Frey, being cautious looks around to see if he can see anything hiding, or evidence of traps or signs that someone was here.

Spot Check
[roll0]

He also looks around if he can see his Allips...

[/color=”red”] “I Have a bad feeling about this....[/color]

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-23, 12:27 PM
Hum....Kinda failed trying to speak
Again....

"I Have a bad feeling about this...."

Banderbear
2010-02-23, 12:28 PM
Isiah walks into the room (something he may not live to regret) and examines the equipment to see what it is and whether he could use it to harness any new spells.

Knowledge(Arcana) Check [roll0]

Shkippy
2010-02-23, 02:08 PM
Oh yeah sorry, you're allips are in the lab. I'll give Becky a chance to post before I carry on.

Spellcraft check if you want to find out what school its from

outforbl00d
2010-02-23, 02:32 PM
Alvilda walks slowly and cautiously into the room and looks and listens for any signs of danger, also keeping an eye open for any interesting objects.

She then puts on the cloak, hoping that it will only benefit her.

Spot Check: [roll0]

Shkippy
2010-02-23, 02:48 PM
No adverse effects happen to Alvilda as she puts on the cloak, but nor are there any obvious benefits. She looks around the room and listens too. All she manages to tell is that there are some interesting looking flasks, bags and rods on the workbenches. She only hears the sound of the candles burning.

Frey does not manage to see any traps, or anything threatening in the room. His allips are floating in the room too.

Isiah doesn't find anything useful for his spells, but does find out that the items Alvilda saw are:

2*Alchemists fire
2*Tanglefoot bag
4*Sunrod
4*Antitoxin
2*Acid

outforbl00d
2010-02-23, 02:58 PM
Alilda likes the look of the items and takes a tanglefoot bag, a flask of acid and an antitoxin.

The room seems relatively safe, I wonder what could be in the next room.

Alvilda walks up to the door and inspects it for traps and listens through the door for anything that could be potentially dangerous on the other side.

Search Check: [roll0]

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-23, 03:03 PM
Frey sends his Allips into the next room with orders to attack any monsters.

Listen check, to hear any fighting.
[roll0]

Frey he looks through the key hole.

Spot check
[roll1]

Then he takes his book and reads some more.

Shadows
2010-02-23, 03:55 PM
Nikolai picks up a flask at random and looks at it. He shakes it a little, then puts it back down.

"So what is all this?"

Shkippy
2010-02-23, 05:44 PM
The Allips float on through the next wall too, and out of sight. No sound of fighting can be heard from here. Frey bend down and peers though the keyhole and somebody forces a knife through into his eye sees a wall like that in the corridor fairly close to the door.

Alvilda grabs a load of the kit from the workbenches, and then goes to check out the door. She can't hear anything out of the ordinary in the dungeon, and doesn't notice any traps or anything odd about the door. It seems to be an ordinary wooden door, bolted on this side.

outforbl00d
2010-02-23, 05:50 PM
Okay, Alvilda unbolts the door and walks through.

"Vakran, will you stay close by? You seem to take very little damage and seem very strong, just in case we end up bumping into anything."

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-23, 06:16 PM
"No idea what it is but dosen't taste good:smalltongue:"

Follow's Alvilda throught he door to meet up with his Allips, now called Bill and Ben.

Shkippy
2010-02-23, 06:38 PM
Oh yeah, how long do they last oscar?

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-24, 03:47 AM
My Allips?
1 round/ caster level so about 10 rounds. So I'd say they have about 2/3 rounds left till they go poof.

Banderbear
2010-02-24, 10:08 AM
"Well I may as well make use of this stuff."

Isiah puts down his lantern briefly and gets the rest of the usable equipment. Storing the equipment away he picks his lantern back up and turns towards the door.

"Once more into the breach I suppose. Forgive me if I'm not exactly jumping at the chance to go first, last time I did I ended up inside a dragon's mouth."

Banderbear
2010-02-24, 10:10 AM
Also; what happened to my bear? I don't remember it being killed and I doubt 10 minutes has passed despite how long that combat was... oh well never mind.
Spellcraft check to figure out school of magic of the cloak [roll0]
I should also be able to tell what level of power was used to create it.

Shadows
2010-02-24, 10:40 AM
Also; what happened to my beard? I don't remember it being killedshaved and I doubt 10 minutes has passed...

Nikolai takes this opportunity to take a bottle of clear liquid out of his pack, drink some and offer it around.

DC15 fort save vs alcohol
[roll0]
Stat damage (if failed):
Wis damage
[roll1]
Dex damage
[roll2]
Also, any character with rage who drinks it must pass a DC15 will save or rage.

outforbl00d
2010-02-24, 02:44 PM
"Hmm, what is that you are drinking? Would you mind if I tried a bit?"

Alvilda has not had alcohol since she was at sea, and this has been a fair few months now.

If Nikolai gives Alvilda a sip -

DC15 fort save vs alcohol: [roll0]
Stat damage (if failed):
Wis damage: [roll1]
Dex damage: [roll2]

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-24, 03:12 PM
"Nah, but thanks for the offer"

Speaks Frey shaking his head.

"Not in the mood for alcohol"

Shkippy
2010-02-24, 04:01 PM
The bear is still with you, I just havent put it on the map. I'd forgotten about it. It doesn't have too much longer left though.

your allips have 2 rounds left Oscar, just added them up.

You gather up the various amounts of equipment in this apparent "scientists" lab. Isiah attempts to discern what school of magic has been cast on The cloak Alvilda has, but can't quite tell.

Nikolai takes out a suspicious looking substance from his pack, and takes a swig. He offers it around to the rest of the party.

"Aye laddie, yer very kind" says vakran, and takes a large gulp

fort: [roll0]
wis: [roll1]
dex: [roll2]
will against rage: [roll3]

Alvilda takes a sip aswell. The substance seems to have no effect on Nikolai or Alvilda, obviously they are all seasoned drinkers. Frey politely refuses the offer.

Alvilda then moves to the door, and throws back the bolt, opening to another corridor. Vakran follows close behind, and they emerge into another narrow passage, very similar to before.

map:

Banderbear
2010-02-24, 06:26 PM
Isiah uses his rope to tie the lantern around the bear's neck and sends it down the corridor at full speed. Isiah follows at a distance cautious and ready for a fight.

Shkippy
2010-02-24, 08:16 PM
Which way down the corridor?

Banderbear
2010-02-25, 04:52 AM
The way down the corridor away from the bit we've been. (Character's right, left on the map, west assuming the top of the map is configured to the north)

Shkippy
2010-02-25, 03:58 PM
Upon drinking from the bottle Vakran hands it back, and shudders a little. Straight away he seems to go through a change. He roars with laughter and charges away down the corridor (before the bear gets chance) shouting:

"YAHAHA! Time to do some Dragon killin'!!"

You lose sight of him around the corner of the corridor

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-25, 06:27 PM
Sighing Frey sends both of his Allips to follow V.

Then he heads off back towards the entrance of the dungeon.

"You guys do what ever you are going to do, I have just got something to take care of."

Shadows
2010-02-25, 09:45 PM
Nikolai takes the bottle back, takes another swig, and puts it back in his pack before following Vakran into battle!

Fort save (-1 due to second drink)
[roll0]
(forgot to add luckstone last time, so still +7)
Dex damage
[roll1]
Wis damage
[roll2]

Banderbear
2010-02-26, 09:17 AM
Bets on what Frey is going to do:
Masturbate: 2-1
Take a dump: 3-1
Sacrifice his blood to a god of evil: 4-1
Rape and Pillage: 10-1
Sparkle in the sunlight: 20-1

:tongue:

Shadows
2010-02-26, 12:08 PM
1-1 Angst

I'd like to put a gold piece on "Take a Dump" and 4 on "Sacrifice Blood"

Wizzard Of Zo
2010-02-26, 02:34 PM
Lol
Maybe guys maybe :smallbiggrin:

Shkippy
2010-02-26, 04:30 PM
ok... Oscar could you message me with what you are actually doing? If you don't want anyone else to know. Or you can just post it and so long as the others don't meta-game it'd be ok. Also, are you heading directly back the way you came, or just the opposite way down the corridor.

And some friendly DM Advice: NEVER SPLIT THE PARTY!

Also, Becky is up for the weekend, so I'm posting her action here for this one, while she plays left 4 dead 2.

Alvilda sees Vakran run off, and realises that he is their proof of doing the mission, and also a very helpful ally. She heads off down the corridor after him.

Nikolai takes another gulp for courage, the alcohol still not seeming to affect him, and then follows everyone down the corridor.

Isiah shows some ingenuity, tying the lantern to the bear and sending it off (fortunately, Alvilda has an everburning torch too). And then following.

Frey sends his minions off down after the party, but runs the opposite way himself.

I'll post up the map, but Oscar, you wont be on it until I know which way you are going

As you all move down the corridor, you find it splits. One way is a U-turn, and the other moves at a right angle. Vakran has shot down the u-turn. You find him locked head to head with another Dragon, about the same as you fought on the way in here.

Vakran (seized initiative)
Initiative [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3]

Map:

Roll some initiative guys! and Oscar roll too just for the Allips, who'll get one turn before going poof.

Shkippy
2010-02-26, 04:33 PM