PDA

View Full Version : Champions of Existence (B)

FlamingKobold
2010-01-31, 10:03 PM
You are all, in your respective locations, on the prime material plane. It is night, with a full moon lighting up the darkness. As you are looking at the stars, thinking, everything goes black.

You are in a purely white room, devoid of anything but you. Your possessions, except for your clothing, are all gone. You have no idea what’s coming. From behind you comes the voice of an old man, “Hello, my name is irrelevant, before you ask, as there will be no need for you to address me, or to talk at all.” You turn around and see a venerable looking human with a long white beard, a gnarled staff and golden jewelry walking towards you. “All you need to know is that, though your power may rival some gods, you would be… unwise, to attack me. I am more powerful than the gods, or even this universe. I cannot exist within it, as is the depressing nature of being an overgod. I call upon you now because I myself cannot intervene. I request the help of you, along with two others, not to save the world from some mortal evil, for the gods, as my creations, would do that for me. Nay, I need you to save the world from a great power, older than the gods, as old as I. I cannot give you any more information here, as my time is fleeting, but it will all be explained in time. All I will say is this: the choice is yours. You may either save the multiverse, or you may choose not to, knowing that, when time itself is unraveling, you had the power to prevent it. I pay no attention to the moral character of those who I summoned, so your compatriots may not share your precise ethical viewpoints. However, in the interest of the multiverse continuing its existence, I ask that you put this aside and work together as best you can. Should you choose to comply with my wishes, you must go to the chapel at Ark’s Landing, where all will be explained.”

The vision fades and you are again washed over with darkness, before the brilliant stars of the night sky enter your vision once more.

Melamoto
2010-02-01, 01:12 PM
Ereged gets up, bewildered. "Well that was odd." He reaches out and grabs hold of his Whip-Dagger. "Charlotte! Did I disappear just now, or did I simply hallucinate what I just saw?"

Do you want me to do Charlotte's voice, or you, or me but you whenever you want it to be you? Just a question.

Niezck
2010-02-01, 01:34 PM
The strange sensation washing over him, Niezck comes to his senses and begins scouring the area for magical sources.

Drawing upon his arcane might, he uses all forms of magical detection in his possession at the time. Reveal yourself!

True Seeing then Detect Magic.

FlamingKobold
2010-02-01, 04:29 PM
Ereged

Charlotte confirms that you haven't moved. In fact, there was never a time that you seemed to be gone, physically or mentally.

not sure... For example, I didn't do speech text this time because I don't know how she speaks. I'll do text for things like this, when you actually want a different perspective, but, in general, you can do it.

Niezck

Your various detection abilities yield no results, other than what you already know of. It appears that whatever caused the message is no longer present, or simply cannot be detected.

Sanguine
2010-02-01, 06:01 PM
As the night sky returns into his view Ichigo looks around and then offhandedly says, "Well, that was odd. I guess I better find these compatriots eh?"

I will post my backstory tomorrow.

Melamoto
2010-02-01, 06:11 PM
"Ok then. That was either insanity or someone tapping my mind. Since I can't trust anything I do if I'm insane anyway, I guess I'd better follow my instructions. We're going to Ark's Landing." Ereged takes up what loose items he has, and thinks about his destination.

Would I already know about this place? If not, then would a knowledge check be suitable?

[roll0]

Also, for Charlotte, you can pretty much just think how a rude grandmother would act towards her son, except without the old people problems.

FlamingKobold
2010-02-01, 07:46 PM
Ass soon as you decide to go to Ark's landing, the strange blackness sweeps over you once more. When your vision returns it is still dark out, but by the position of the moon you can see that you have moved significantly. You are in the middle of a forest and, over the edge of the treeline you can see the top of a chapel that you immediately know to be Ark's Landing.

Sanguine
2010-02-02, 11:05 AM
As the blackness take over Ichigo concentrates on the Church he heard of in the last town and as it recedes he sees the chapel in the distance and says, "Well that was convenient."

I posted the backstory in the other Notes section of my sheet under Zangetsu's abilities. It's a little shorter then I originally intended as I ran out of inspiration but it should cover everything.

Niezck
2010-02-02, 02:05 PM
Intruiging ...

With a quick flick of the wrist and an incantation, Niezck is gone, to prepare himself on his plane.

Plane Shift to my demi-plane and prepare spells as per my sheet.

FlamingKobold
2010-02-07, 11:24 AM
As you near the front door of the chapel, a large slab of ivory decorated with gold, they swing open soundlessly and weightlessly and you see the inside of Ark's Landing. It, like the outside, is all brilliantly white Ivory. You see that the temple consists of two levels: the one with the doors is a large, forty footwide ring along the perimeter of the walls and a lower level, the middle of the circle, which is about 100 feet down with a diameter of approximately sixty feet. There is a massive white column of flames that reaches from the center of the lower level on up to to the stained glass ceiling portraying a battle scene between gods of both present and past. There is thin walkway that extends from the edge of the upper level directly in front of you that leads out towards the flame, stopping a few yards short. At the beginning of this path you see an elderly, grey-bearded man in brown robes and with a gnarled staff. At the same time, you notice the presence of the other two chosen beside you, for somehow you had all arrived at the same time.