PDA

View Full Version : The Burning Codex group 1 (IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Frosty
2010-01-31, 10:13 PM
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here...

...at least that's what the first part of the sign says hanging outside the shoppe of magikal delights called Quest Buy. The entire sign reads: Abandon hope, all ye who enter here of finding works not of the finest quality. Cute, really. The shoppe is located in a planar metropolis named The Hub, and is actually in the Nobles district. Therefore it should come as no surprise that, despite the simple decor of the store-front, the inside could only be described as posh. Everything from the jewel-encrusted lamps to the display cases made possibly out of walls of force just screams lavish to you. The carpeting is ornate, made out of who knows what exotic materials, and there is even an inviting-looking couch for weary customers to rest in.

An efreeti is behind the counter, willing to show all of the wondrous items hanging from the walls and laying within the displays. All of them quality, the efreeti assures you. There appears to be a tome floating about the place, examining some of the wares. A smaller version of an Ember Guard* communicates in a strange language with the efreeti. Pelor has instructed you to come to this gleaming metropolis to meet your counterparts...those you're supposed to work together with to achieve your impossible-sounding objective. You may or may not be the first one of the group there. If you have time, feel free to buy and sell anything and everything here.

*A normal Ember Guard looks like this: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM5_Gallery/106295.jpg

MikelaC1
2010-01-31, 10:31 PM
SABRINA

An exotic looking woman walks into the store. She walks around, examining things in a cursory fashion, she is clearly browsing. One look at her and there is no doubt in your mind, she is an erinyes, and doesnt seem to be least bit self-conscious about it. Shes not looking to buy, right now, but is waiting for someone...or someones

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-01, 09:20 AM
Edwin

A tall, lean man enters. He wears a longcoat, the tails of it coming down just above his heels, the battered brown leather is rough and pebbled, and shows evidence of many tears and patches - much like its owner. The man is tall and lean, his eyes alert and wary, especially when he spots the she-devil - but his face is a mask, and he smiles as he, too browses the back shelves, waiting for the contact.

MikelaC1
2010-02-01, 11:29 AM
SABRINA

Sabrina looks up from where she is, and locates the efreeti to ask a question.

Pardon me, but would you have any items that were crafted by worshippers of Pelor? Or items that would serve as an aid or focus in the worship of him?

If he indicates an area of the shop, she moves there and begins to examine the items.

Frosty
2010-02-01, 02:42 PM
(The efreet responds in the same language Sabrina spoke in) "There are many fine icons here of divine inspiration. For example..." He gestures to a display case. "Here is an exquisite font carved out of the celestial marbles acquired from the divine realm of Pelor himself. An ornate scrying focus surely to satisfy the taste of a discerning Pelorite. Or pehraps you'd prefer this small, forked metal rod, forged from Baatorian green steel mined from deep shafts on Avernus. It has been blessed by the holy waters from Pelor's realm, as to ensure that no unholiness discomforts the owner. It is most useful for the plane-shifting to Avernus."

MikelaC1
2010-02-01, 02:49 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina watches to see if anyone else in the store reacts to her comments and to her interest as she keeps engaging the efreet.

May I take a closer look at it? The rod, I mean. And how much are you asking for this piece?

Frosty
2010-02-01, 03:36 PM
The efreeti nods. "Of course, ma'am. Please examine it to your satisfaction." With a wave of his hand, the top force wall of the display case fizzles disappears. "As for the price...with such items they are often negotiable. For example, if you buy in a batch or if you are directly affilitated with the temple of Pelor there is a special discount today only."

He also looks Sabrina up and down momentarily. "Of course, I may be open to other points of negotiations if you are skilled at the finer points of commerce."

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-01, 04:49 PM
Edward

Edward looked over one of the devil's smooth shoulders, a wry smirk on his face. "Heh... you're telling me they made a holy item of Pelor out of something clawed by slaves from the soil of hell? Sounds like somebody's idea of a joke." His eyes flicked Sabrina up and down at the efreeti's comment, but he held his tongue, only a slight twitch of his mouth betraying his amusement at the spirit's comment.

Frosty
2010-02-01, 05:19 PM
The red-skinned genie with bulging muscles turns to the previously window-shopping customer and smiles. "Our holy selections are made with the utmost reverance and this one happened to be blessed by the local high priestess of Pelor from the nearby temple. I assure you that the rod in question fully meets with Pelor's approval for holy men and women to use on their way to Hell."

Eurus
2010-02-01, 05:49 PM
A small chime sounds as the door swings open, and another adventurer enters. The padding of feet moves across the store toward the counter. Suddenly, with a rapid beating of wings, something small and shiny half-leaps and half-flies onto the counter. No more than two feet tall and decked out in full armor, it carries a tiny sword and a shield the size of a dinner plate. Once you look past the armor, however, it seems to be Baatezu -- an imp.

It glances around the room, at the Erinyes and the human. The sin of lust personified, a flaming rock, a book, and a breeder that I'm surprised they didn't turn away at the door. Yeah, I doubt it.

Turning back to the efreeti, the imp speaks up in a nasally voice. "I take it they still haven't showed up, huh? I guess Pelor's not so big on punctuality."

Frosty
2010-02-01, 06:03 PM
Without batting an eye, the Efreeti looks down at the counter and says in a fatherly voice, "Do not be so quick to commit the sin of prejudice, child of Pelor. The refined lady over there is...acutely interested in the holy items of Pelor, and is specifically examining a blessed rod that can help transport people to Avernus. Perhaps she is one of the friends you are looking for?"

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-01, 06:09 PM
Edwin

Ed smirked and nodded in agreement. "Tall, red and incendiary over there is correct. Best be polite. You're not pretty enough to get me to suppress my natural urge to take silver to anything with wings and horns."

Eurus
2010-02-01, 06:09 PM
A combination of embarrassment and surprise seems to flash across the imp's face, followed by a brief and quickly covered grimace. Alright, I deserved that, especially for the human, but you'd think faith would have led the Erinyes to some modesty...

But he turns to the Erinyes and the human and bows politely. "Sorry miss, sir. You two were sent by Pelor, then?"

MikelaC1
2010-02-01, 07:00 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina looks to the imp, with a little flick of the eye, and speaks in a low voice

A little discretion would be prudent in all situations. Lets just say that this item holds some interest to me, it could prove handy in some circumstances.

Frosty
2010-02-02, 03:33 AM
"There is no need to worry. I happen to have 4 in stock today. More than enough for the three of you to share. Although today there is a special promotion if you purchase 4 or more. You will receive a potion of Cure Serious Wounds for free with the purchase."

MikelaC1
2010-02-02, 10:00 AM
SABRINA

Sabrina turns back to the Efreeti, as she does so, the lingerie she is wearing seems to slip off one shoulder, almost by accident.

We might be interested in purchasing all 4 that you have, after all, a potion like that could come in handy, and we might have an extra member in our group. What would be the price to get all of these items?

She attempts to nonchalantly shrug her lingerie back on, but 'fails' in the attempt as it seems to slip even more.

Frosty
2010-02-02, 01:39 PM
The efreeti would never be so crass as to point out that one of his esteemed customers is having a...wardrobe malfunction, so he is content to let the customer deal with it how she wishes as he watches (with a professional demeanor of course). "Four Baatorian Green Steel Avernus forks will cost you 1000 gold. We also accept purified elemental shards and even the distilled essense of Hope in a bottle, but unfortunately we can't accept souls here. We simply don't have the necessary equipment to process them."

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-02, 01:46 PM
Edwin

Edwin felt like all the blood in his body was suddenly in a hurry to go south for the winter. He hated with lust-fiends - Succubi, Eryines, Pleasure devils - all sex on legs and sly, slinky smiles, but rotten to the core. Still, if this one was here for Pelor's gig, she must've gone stag - so to speak, he thought, 'cause his eyes were telling him this dame was about as far from male as things got. His pants chimed in to agree with that sentiment, and add a few suggestions of their own. His brain tried manfully to get them both back to the business at hand, but about the best he could do was stand and watch with a nonchalant smile on his face.

At last, he managed to get his brain in enough working order to string together words to form a semi-coherent sentence. "One of his fine feathered friends came to see me about a job. I expected to be playing guide dog - wasn't expecting any natives on this trip. Hope neither of you are sharpening the dagger for my back."

Eurus
2010-02-02, 02:08 PM
Richard, apparently, is not nearly as polite as the efreeti, as he makes obvious. It's impossible to say if he's being sarcastic or sincere, as he speaks up innocently. "Miss, it looks like your clothes are falling off. If you don't have any that fit, I'll be glad to buy you some."

Letting that offer hang in the air, he proudly displays his shield to Edwin. "And you have nothing to fear from me, good sir, so long as you mean well. I am a defender of goodness and justice, bound by the paladin's code."

MikelaC1
2010-02-02, 02:24 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina takes out the necessary coins and hands them to the efreeti, getting her lingerie back in order as she does so. She accepts the rods from him and turns to hand them to her 'comrades'.
As she hands one to the imp she says
No, these ones fit me just fine, Im happy with them the way they are
As she hands one to the man she says
Ive been betrayed...and betrayed...and betrayed...and betrayed, well you get the picture. Im out of their hierarchy, so to speak, and any daggers that I use will be for them only.

She pops the two other forks and the potion into her purse, you get a brief glimpse of a mass of other things in there but the addition of the two rods and a potion doesnt appear to make any sort of bulge in it Who knows, we might meet someone else and then smiles at both of them (most broadly at the man) By the way, my name is Sabrina, you probably couldnt pronounce the last name, and seeing as Im not part of that family anymore, it doesnt fit. And you are?

Eurus
2010-02-02, 07:27 PM
"The name I go by now is Richard Brightshield. And I'm glad to be working with the both of you."

He takes the fork and looks at it oddly, before glancing back at Sabrina and Edwin with a faintly embarrassed look. "Er, I can't travel between planes under my own power. Can either of you?"

In case the answer turns out to be no, he starts walking up and down the counter looking over the shop's scrolls. One of them seems to make him think of something, and he wanders back to the efreeti. "I'm looking for some fire immunity, but I'm a bit short on cash right now. Do you have any sort of... erm, discounted item that could keep me from getting roasted?"

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-02, 08:03 PM
Edwin

Ed gave the two of them a look, then nodded and spoke. "Name's Edwin - Guide, spellslinger, smuggler, and a whole slew of less savory titles besides, I'm sure. And yeah, I can planeswalk - don't even need to use spells, 'so long as it's back and forth between Hell."

Eurus
2010-02-02, 08:13 PM
Richard gives a sigh of relief. "And you can take us with you, right?"

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-02, 08:15 PM
Ed

Ed grins "So long as you don't mind holding hands."

MikelaC1
2010-02-02, 08:59 PM
I believe the salesman told us that these forks can transport us to Avernus, without the aid of spells....is that not right sir? Otherwise, what would the purpose of them be?

Watching the imp pace, she listens to his dilemma and says If you are short of funds for something you need to survive, Im sure I can loan you some...within limits of course. But can a paladin use a scroll, I thought those were only for wizards and clerics.

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-02, 09:52 PM
Edwin

Ed shrugged again "'s not a spell, in my case... It's just a knack. I picked it up somewhere in my travels. And I think the salesman said they were a focus, not something that contained the spell itself."

Frosty
2010-02-02, 10:04 PM
The red, bulging wall of muscle nods. "The leather-clad one is correct. The rods are an essential component to traveling between planes, but they are merely the compass. You still need a ship, so to speak."

Eurus
2010-02-02, 10:14 PM
"Might still be useful," Richard shrugs. "We might get separated."

Frosty
2010-02-03, 06:42 PM
"We also have many more items of importance for the intrepid explorer into the Nine Hells. For example, should you have need of some forbidden knowledge of devilish secrets, we do have one copy of a Tome of Worldly Memory for sale. If you're worried about being separated, then perhaps a few sets of our Sending Stones may help? You can communicate with each other once per day regardless of distance, assuming both wielders are still on the same plane."

Fortuna
2010-02-03, 10:40 PM
Solifer

Hit points: 71
AC: 20
Fortitude: +9
Reflex: +3
Will: +14

A small, chubby man walks into the store, perhaps forty or fifty years of age. He wears a small smile as he steps through the door and glances over the human. His smile never wavers as he glances over the Baatezu and a second glance reveals the grin to be unnaturally frozen. He turns and adresses himself to the human.

"Is this the group that was assembling, then? I am Solifer Iustus, at your service."

Eurus
2010-02-03, 11:15 PM
Stats:
Hit points: 103
AC: 33 (touch 15, flat-footed 30)
Fortitude: +24
Reflex: +17
Will: +22

"Hmm... ah! What about a Bracelet of Friends? I've seen a few of those before, they seemed very useful. I'd be glad to split the cost with someone, if you like."

He breaks off speaking to the efreeti when a fourth adventurer enters, and Richard greets him with a nod. "Indeed. Pleased to meet you, Solifer. I am Richard Brightshield, paladin."

Frosty
2010-02-04, 03:38 AM
"Those are expensive, but rightly so. Even at 19,000 gold, they can save your hides in a tough situation."

MikelaC1
2010-02-04, 08:17 AM
HP:130 Taken:0 AC:38 F:+22 R:+25 W:+25 no buffs active

Sabrina rolls her eyes at Solifer
Pleased to make your acquaintance, my name is Sabrina, but please don’t broadcast our mission to everyone in the area. Oh, by the way, here is something to help us in our travels She opens her purse, and somehow conveniently, the green fork is right on top, and she hands it to him. Its called a Baatorian Green Steel Avernus fork
She turns back to the efreeti
19 thousand is very much out of my price range, but I am interested in the book and those ‘sending’ stones. What sort of price are you charging for them, and what sort of secrets are held within the book?

Fortuna
2010-02-04, 12:40 PM
Solifer

The man makes an obvious effort to be civil.

"I... See. A pleasure to meet you."

He glances down at the fork for a moment.Know(Planes) check: [roll0]

Frosty
2010-02-04, 01:10 PM
"Well miss, the tome and a pair of sending stones will cost you 1500 and 1400 gold respectively. The tome is magical in that it will always have information about any relevant topic somewhere in the book when you peruse it. Given how large the tome is, it'll typically take you a minute to check the index and read through the correct pages. However, if you are already a scholar on the subject at hand, the book will actually be able to help you by automatically helping you flip to the right page, and you can absorb the knowledge in seconds!"

Solifer:You know that planar forks are small, forked metal rods that are used as foci for the cleric spell Plane Shift

Eurus
2010-02-04, 05:30 PM
Richard sifts through a haversack, perhaps counting. "Well, it's a bit out of my personal price range. But why don't I buy the tome and two pairs of Sending Stones, so we can get out of here? I'll also take a few of these," he gestures to a barrel full of high-quality gems used as spell components, particularly for storing souls. "More valuable than coins once we get down there. Anyone else need anything? We should probably get moving now that we're all here."

Frosty
2010-02-04, 05:36 PM
"Which ones do you need? Individuals of higher spiritual energies require more...refined gems, which cost more. We have options anywhere from 1000 to 14,000 gold pieces." He also finishes the transaction for the tome and 2 sets of sending stones, for a total of 4300 gold.

Eurus
2010-02-04, 05:45 PM
"I'll take 25 gems worth one thousand gold each, thanks," Richard requests as he hands the tome and one of the stones to Sabrina. "Here, you and Edwin can take one pair and Solifer and I can take the other."

Frosty
2010-02-04, 06:36 PM
"Done." He gives you 25 gems worth 1000 gold each.

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-04, 06:57 PM
Edwin

Hit points: 137
AC: 17
Fortitude: +15
Reflex: +4
Will: +18

Ed nods in thanks, snaps up the gems and slips it into his pocket. He gives a grim little smile. "Eh... most of the trade internally is in souls or magic items, neither of which I'm particularly eager to part with, even if the former's a little tattered. The shiny bits are mostly just for mortal coneys and Blood War meat."

Frosty
2010-02-04, 07:02 PM
"You can always trade in someone else's soul. That's what these gems can do. They are foci in trapping the souls of others. Devils do value these."

MikelaC1
2010-02-04, 09:02 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina takes the sending stone, but looks in shock as Richard buys the soul stealing gems.
Youre not planning on using those, are you? We arent going down there to steal souls, we're going down to put an end to it. I dont know if I want be party to any sort of soul stealing, even if thats the primary form of commerce in the hells.

Eurus
2010-02-04, 09:45 PM
Richard shakes his head vigorously, nearly falling off the counter. "No, of course not. The gems themselves are valuable down there, even with no souls, just because of their usefulness. You ought to know."

MikelaC1
2010-02-05, 07:05 AM
Is that some sort of crack, I ought to know?. I never actively traded in souls, I just facilitated their demise. No matter, as long as you dont plan on stealing any more.

Sabrina takes the stone, it disappears into her seemingly overful purse, and she turns to give Edwin a wink.

So now I can send you some telepathic messages? This could be fun...

Fortuna
2010-02-05, 01:39 PM
Solifer accepts the other stone and puts it in his backpack.

"Thank you. Now can we get on with saving the world, or are we still shopping?"

Frosty
2010-02-05, 01:42 PM
OOC Just tell me when you guys are ready for me to describe the horrors that are down there...

MikelaC1
2010-02-05, 02:52 PM
I have everything I need, or at least, everything I think I need. Much as I suppose those gems make sense, I just cant bring myself to purchase them, so I will carry the remainder of my money in coins. I'm ready to go.

Frosty
2010-02-05, 07:38 PM
"Kinda strange to hear of a devil who can't stand the soul trade. Bad experience?" the efreeti says in a sympathetic tone.

OOC - Well, Whiteknight is the one with Plane Shift, so whenever he's ready...

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-05, 07:42 PM
Edwin

Ed shrugs. "Eh - It's not important" he said in a neutral voice, cutting off the efreeti. "Whenever you're all ready." He said, offering his hands to the others.

Eurus
2010-02-05, 07:48 PM
Richard flutters over to Edwin's side and takes one of the man's hands, the breeze stirred by his wings ruffling hair and clothes. This is it... Pelor help us all.

MikelaC1
2010-02-05, 08:36 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina takes another hand, and then looks to Solifer and back to Edwin.

Does it work if he is holding hands to someone who is holding your hand? And where do the Avernus forks come in?

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-05, 08:44 PM
Edwin

"So long as we're all linked. As for the little toys... Don't need 'em. I can cross-jump as well as any fiend or gith."

Fortuna
2010-02-05, 09:47 PM
Solifer takes Richard's hand, holding the Avernus fork in the other. His expression has been getting noticably less rigid over the past few seconds, but it freezes again.

Solifer is anxious to move, and this is one spell I'm keeping: Still Silent Plane Shift. He casts it now.

Frosty
2010-02-05, 11:57 PM
Avernus...the entryway to Baator. The scene that greets you is one of blood viscera. A nearby river is red, and almost appears coagulated thanks to the near-constant influx of blood shed by devils and demons. Overhead, there appears to be multitudes of meteors burning as they streak through the atmosphere. One of you land on a small lump that could be a marroon-colored rock or just a blood-coated skull. In general the landscape can only be described as desolate.

*stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *KICK* *YELP*

A short distance away all four of you see a devil cloaked in fire and as tall as two humans. This hulking montser spreads its batlike wings and cracks its whiplike tail. Great scales cover its body like armor. It has large fans that drip with a hissing venom. It has apparently just kicked an Imp out of its way (out of its way being about 100 ft) and is now crushing the head of a (possibly) unconscious Erinyes between its hands. After that happens, it sees the group and stomps your way (is about 40 ft. away). Soot covers its enormaous wings, and freshly healed scars crisscross its lashing tail. It looks very angry.

OOC - The two devils automatically know the species name of most devils, although they'll have to roll Knowledge (the planes) like everyone else to know attacks and weaknesses besides the basic baatezu traits. Solifer doesn't have enough ranks to ID the Pit Fiend, but Edwin rolled well enough to ID it and even get 2 or 3 useful pieces of info. Both rolled well enough to know a good amount about the Imp and the Erinyes

Fortuna
2010-02-06, 12:22 AM
Solifer

Solifer seems to undergo an uncanny transformation: his face abruptly twists from his frozen grin to a broad, open smile, the kind of smile that you could buy a diamond ring from without even giving it a cursory glance. He mutters to the others.

"What in Baator is this thing?"

Eurus
2010-02-06, 12:29 AM
"Pit fiend," Richard whispers, "but I have no idea why it just crushed that Erinyes, they should be on the same side..."

Oh gods, the last thing we need is a rabid pit fiend...

"I'd suggest we run, but it would catch us."

Frosty
2010-02-06, 12:33 AM
Eurus and Sabrina would know that it is perfecly within the rights of a superior to kill a subordinate, especially if the subordinate tried to assassinate the superior, or if the subordinate performed poorly.

Also, sometimes devils just get angry/bored and want to kill things with impunity.

Fortuna
2010-02-06, 12:45 AM
Solifer

Stats

Solifer swears under his breath, and then his face stiffens again.

I realize that I'm blowing spell slots like there's no tomorrow, but this is a useful spell: Still Silent Detect Thoughts

Frosty
2010-02-06, 01:24 AM
OOC - You may wish to retract that. The Pit Fiend is literally one move-action away from you guys. It takes 3 full-rounds before you have a chance at reading thoughts...and that's if you get past the target's will save. I'm just giving you guys a chance to do one action basically.

Fortuna
2010-02-06, 01:38 AM
OOC: Ah, that changes things. I'll need to think for a bit in that case.

EDIT: Got it (I think). I retreat behind the rest of the party, and change that spell to a straight
White Dragon Breath
simply because I don't know what else to do.

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-06, 01:45 AM
Edwin

Edwin had dealt with enough of Hell's bureaucracy to know that there could be any number of reasons for the Pit Fiend to kill the other devil - And to assume that all the devils were on the same 'side' was laughable. Any given devil was on its own side - no more, no less. He drew his staff, an intricately carved instrument crafted from the heartwood of an oak, but made no aggressive moves - a pit fiend was a dangerous opponent in more ways than one, and he had no desire to engage in unnecessary conflict.

Eurus
2010-02-06, 01:08 PM
Huh, I've never spent much time in Avernus before. They're much more direct up here with their inter-devil squabbles, no subtlety at all. It's almost preferable, actually...

Richard just makes his face carefully blank, and hopes that the pit fiend won't look too closely at the shield on his back.

MikelaC1
2010-02-06, 01:16 PM

Bad memories in Sabrina well up when she sees the pit fiend destroying the erinyes skull, that could have been her, on more than one occasion. She unslings her bow from her shoulder and nocks an arrow, drawing aim on the fiend.

Frosty
2010-02-06, 01:20 PM
ooc - It's Avernus. Acheron is like another plane altogether. Also, you've definitely been in Avernus at least once. In my gameworld, Planar-travel to and from the Nine Hells is only possible from the top-most layer. Trying to Plane Shift in or out of any lower layer will result in a wasted spell. Or else there would've been nothing preventing your group from plane-shifting down to Nessus...except for all the CR21 foot-soldiers down there :smallbiggrin: So yeah, yo uhad to travel to Avernus to be sent up to the material plane to serve as a familiar, but you may not have stayed for long.

AAAAND it's initiative time with the arrow being nocked! I will be gone for the rest of the day btw. The two non-devils in the party should also make a Will save each ahead of time vs the Fear aura.

Fortuna
2010-02-06, 01:51 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
Will save: [roll1]

What was that about combat being rare? :smalltongue:

Eurus
2010-02-06, 02:08 PM
(Sorry, there are so many planes and layers that I confuse their names sometimes. Edited Richard's post to say that he'd never spent much time in Avernus, instead of never having been there.)

[roll0]

MikelaC1
2010-02-06, 03:58 PM
SABRINA

[roll0] Initiative and words to meet minimum

Frosty
2010-02-07, 01:09 AM
Eh. since I'm back, I'll roll init and will save for Edwin.

Init: [roll0]
Will: [roll1]+4 for being near the Paladin.

Ok, so the Pit Fiend is 40 ft away from you guys. The order is:

Eurus
Pit Fiend
Edwin
Sabrina
Solifer

Eurus
2010-02-07, 11:45 AM
Richard's eye seems to twitch rapidly, and he sarcastically snaps out. Not much of a point in being polite anymore... "Wow, what a great way to start off our visit. I was really eager to commit a capital crime in our first minutes here, don't want things to get boring, after all."

Pulling the shield off his back and the sword from his side, Richard concentrates and it seems to shine with a dim golden light. A shimmering field surrounds him, and he glares at the pit fiend. "Bring it on."

OOC/Stats:
Move action to draw weapons, standard to use Divine Shield (shield bonus to AC increases by 8 for 8 rounds, 1 turn attempt), swift to Smite Evil on the pit fiend.

Hit points: 103
AC: 41, touch 15, flat-footed 38 (+8 deflection to AC vs. pit fiend)
Fortitude: +24
Reflex: +17
Will: +22

Frosty
2010-02-07, 02:39 PM
The Pit Fiend stops where it's at and quickly assesses how to best approach this. There is a slight squint in his eyes as suddenly something attempts to grip each of your minds! All of you, save Edwin, manage to shake off the shackling effect on your minds, but poor Edwin is now frozen in place, even before he has a chance to act!

The Pit Fiend's not done yet. That took but a moment as he know says a glutteral word in Inferno...and those of you that understand Infernal (should be all of you) know that it roughly translates into "Stun." Suddenly Sabrina is too shocked to even hold her bow (and anything she was holding) as she drops it to the ground! She just stands there, shaking.

OOC - MikelaC1, can you fix your link to your sheet? It's broken. Edwin failed save for Mass Hold Person, but he broke free on his turn so he can act NEXT round. Sabrina is just stunned. You're not sure when she'll recover. Solifer's turn!

Fortuna
2010-02-07, 09:16 PM
Solifer

Stats

Solifer's eyes glaze for a moment as he casts another spell, his movements economical and his voice sharp. Then he looks straight at the pit fiend.

Divine Insight

"Look, would you mind just talking about this for a moment? We'll talk if you'll talk."

Solifer makes one last, desperate attempt at diplomacy. [roll0]

Frosty
2010-02-08, 01:47 PM
The Pit Fiend doesn't appear to be mollified by your words, and continues its attack (when it's his turn) all the while grumbling in Inferno about useless lieutenants and stupid limited demon hordes.

Richard is up! The Pit Fiend hasn't moved and is still 40 ft away.

Eurus
2010-02-08, 05:59 PM
Richard seems to be trying to think very fast, and not doing the best job at it. Need to buy some time, at least... we might be able to get away later, once it's not paying attention.

"Uh... I was just kidding, don't kill us, we're mercenaries! Well, technically those two are mercs," he points at Solifer and Edwin, "and the Erinyes and I are in their service right now. We're trying to work our way up, figured we'd kill some demons in exchange for passage to Dis! So, uh... we're on your side, if you don't kill us. And it looks like you need some new soldiers anyway, right?" He glances back at the dead Erinyes.

His voice gets a little shaky by the end of that explanation, and he shoots the rest of the party a hopeful look. "Right, guys?"

Frosty
2010-02-08, 10:26 PM
Richard
Pit Fiend
Edwin <--------- Edwin's turn, but Richard can responds.
Sabrina
Solifer

The Pit Fiend stops momentarily, having an amused look on his face. "Oh? And which archduke do you ultimately report to, little Imp?" He has ceased hostilities...at least for this very moment. Perhaps both Solifer and Richard pleading together has bought you a little bit of time.

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-08, 10:34 PM
Edwin

Edwin held still, planting his staff firmly on the ground. He looked at the fiend and spoke in a calm, even tone.

"We've been looking for employment with Bel, sir. He's most disposed to hiring on outside mercenaries. Always need new meat for the Blood War, after all, and everyone knows the Baatezu pay their debts and pay well - unlike the thrice-cursed bastards on the other side of the Styx."

[roll="Bluff]1d20+19[/spoiler]

Readying an action - if the Pit Fiend resumes hostilities, Wild Shape into a Gelugon.

Eurus
2010-02-08, 10:35 PM
Richard's mouth opens and closes, like a fish gulping for air. "Uh, I, uh..."

Oh crud. I could just pick one at random and hope that they don't bother to keep track of every imp in their service, but frankly I doubt it... Bel would be the least likely to know, but he's also the closest... Oh, hells with it.

"...I don't have one anymore."

Frosty
2010-02-08, 11:11 PM
Richard
Pit Fiend
Edwin
Sabrina <--------- unstunned
Solifer

The Pit Fiend seems to consider your words. "And you, Erinyes? Are you lordless as well?" His amusement seems to grow with each passing second.

MikelaC1
2010-02-09, 07:38 AM

As a matter of fact, I am. My last lord was more concerned with how I performed in bed, not in anything else I had to say to him. When I gave him valuable intelligence, he chose to disregard it, which ultimately brought great shame to Baalezbul. Then he tried to blame me for it. I was stripped of rank and demoted. So yes, now I am lordless. The only reason I drew on you was because of the memories of what the others did to me. And we are looking for employment

[roll0] Bluff (even though technically everything I said was true)

Fortuna
2010-02-09, 01:05 PM
Solifer

Stats

Solifer considers the situation, then relaxes somewhat. His face stiffens again, only his eyes darting from place to place showing that he is a living being and not some wax model which somehow arrived in Hell.

Assuming that it's my turn, readying an action to breathe on the pit fiend if he attacks again.

Frosty
2010-02-09, 03:34 PM
His eyes narrow. "You're effectively an outcast devil then? Only a fool disregards intelligence, but also only a fool would abandon the protection that having a lord and loyalty provides. Without a place in the formal hierarchy, anyone here can attack you with impunity...unless you have something of value to offer?"

MikelaC1
2010-02-10, 10:38 AM
Outcast by choice, not by being formally cast out. And what we have to offer is ourselves, our skills, our talents. I know you are always recruiting, perhaps we could come to a deal. As long as you arent going to disregard what I have to say and then blame me when things go wrong.

Frosty
2010-02-10, 01:31 PM
Outcast by choice, not by being formally cast out. And what we have to offer is ourselves, our skills, our talents. I know you are always recruiting, perhaps we could come to a deal. As long as you arent going to disregard what I have to say and then blame me when things go wrong.

As a devil, you'd know that deserters are really, REALLY not looked upon kindly...even worse than the ones that were formally cast out. Think of devil society as fuedal japan...except EVIL. However, for some strange reason he seems willing to not report you/tear you to shreds.

"And what skills do you all bring to the table in terms of infiltration?"

MikelaC1
2010-02-10, 01:55 PM
Infiltration is my best skill, its what I do best.

She looks at the devil with a little smirk.

Well, its one of two things I do best.

Frosty
2010-02-10, 05:53 PM
"And the rest of your little...mercenary group? Are they skilled at it as well? I may have some use for you four, and that is a valuable trait to have in Baator. There is a small camp of demons a ways off...I have something I wish for you to retrieve with me."

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-10, 06:08 PM
Edwin

Knowing the regard in which devils generally held humans, Edwin did the smart thing and had kept quiet up to this point. But now that the immediate danger seemed to have passed, he spoke up once more. "How many Tanar'ri, what breeds... and most importantly, what's the pay?" He asked with a smirk.

Frosty
2010-02-10, 07:24 PM
The Pit Fiend regards Edwin coolly and with calculation. "There are numerous demons of all kinds, and not all of them tanar'ri. If we are careful, we can avoid the patrols and get relatively close to the prize. The demons of note guarding the item in question include a Balor, a Sibriex and their Lilitu concubines. The rewards are great...if we succeed. I will vouch for your usefulness to Bel, and he may in turn grant you letters of safe passage...which you do not seem to currently possess."

Fortuna
2010-02-11, 12:38 PM
Solifer

Stats

"And what timeframe will we need to work on? Minutes, hours, days?"

Frosty
2010-02-11, 02:27 PM
"Hours at most. This matter needs to be resolved quickly."

MikelaC1
2010-02-11, 02:52 PM
SABRINA

Well, I cant speak for my companions, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Where is the camp, and what exactly are we looking for?

Sabrina puts her bow away, and puts the arrow she had drawn back into the quiver.

Fortuna
2010-02-11, 09:58 PM
Solifer

Stats

"Is there anything else that you can tell us? I, too, will join the expedition, but I always like to know as much as possible."

OOC: I'm going away for the weekend. I'll be back by late sunday in GMT-13.

Frosty
2010-02-12, 02:24 AM
"I can tell you on the way there, assuming you all are coming. The camp is about an hour away from here fly-wise. Walking might take a bit longer. We're retrieving a component of a portable lab. Something the demons are experimenting have increased their power significantly, and we must learn more."

Eurus
2010-02-12, 10:15 AM
"Alright, let's get going then. Seems like a fair enough deal." As long as he hasn't left anything important out, anyway, which I wouldn't put past him...

MikelaC1
2010-02-12, 07:35 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina spreads out her wings, and looks to her companions.

Im ready to go, and if either of you need a lift, I can provide it.

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-12, 07:38 PM
Edwin

Edwin gives a grin "Fly me to the moon, pretty lady... well, you know what I mean." He says, glancing up at the hellish sky.

MikelaC1
2010-02-12, 10:17 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina scoops up Edwin easily, and with several beats of her powerful wings, and a quick running step, is aloft, turning gracefully in flight. She looks around to the Pit Fiend, waiting for him to lead in the direction of the demon camp.

Fortuna
2010-02-14, 02:39 AM
Solifer

Solifer's eyes glaze over, and his hands and mouth move in a similar fashion to before. But something is missing, some crucial element, and the spell fails.

Still Silent Detect Thoughts. Needs doing, I reckon. The hands and mouth were gobbledegook.

Eurus
2010-02-14, 03:11 AM
Richard gives Solifer a concerned look as the man's spell apparently fails. "Sorry, but if you need a ride, you're out of luck. Unless you want to get one from him..." he points his thumb at the pit fiend.

Fortuna
2010-02-14, 03:30 AM
Solifer

Solifer frowns.

"Sorry about that. My mind must have wandered for a moment. Here we go..."

His spell fizzles again.

"What is going on here? I... don't understand. This should work. Perhaps my connection to the appropriate power source is being blocked somehow.

Guess what I'm doing with my thought detection?

Frosty
2010-02-15, 02:18 AM
The Pit Fiend says, "Hmmph. A mortal who doesn't even bring his own transport. Tch...I suppose I can carry youfor now, since this is a time sensitive matter."

The spell gives you no readings unfortunately.

Fortuna
2010-02-15, 12:32 PM
"No, no I think I've got it. I simply forgot to adjust for the new plane, that's all."

Solifer has one more go at the spell, and this time it catches. He starts walking into the air.

Air Walk

Frosty
2010-02-15, 06:46 PM
While Air Walk doesn't increase your speed, at least it'll help avoid any sort of difficult terrain encountered. The Pit Fiend points in a direction and starts flying that way at a low altitude. "When we get closer to the area, I can make each of you invisible, but you wouldn't be able to see each other unless you already possess such an ability or have magic to aid in such a matter."

Eurus
2010-02-15, 07:38 PM
"Alright, so what's the plan? Quick in and out, or scorched earth? If we're planning to fight our way through, someone had better take precautions against Blasphemy. I don't suppose either of you," he glances back at Solifer and Edwin, "can negate sound?"

Fortuna
2010-02-15, 11:34 PM
"I'm afraid not. However I can help with seeing through the invisibility. How settled in are these demons? Would it be advisable to attempt some sort of information-gathering before we try to attack?

Frosty
2010-02-17, 02:29 AM
The Pit Fiend makes sure to fly at a speed where you all can keep up. "Can you grant your allies the ability to see invisibility? I can make each of you invisible individually, but like I said it confers no ability to see each other. As for the demons, we're going to try to sneak past the bulkof their forces, defeat the guardians of the item, grab it, then run. The Balor and the Sibriex can see through all illusions, and the item is held INSIDE the Sibriex, so we must defeat it and retrieve the item before the bulk of their forces realize what's going on. I also have reason the suspect that the item is dimensionally anchored, so I can't just teleport with it in my possession after I get it."

MikelaC1
2010-02-17, 08:08 AM
SABRINA

Im pretty good at sneaking, and relatively good at combating. However casting spells, except for few small ones is not my forte. I cant help with being able to see each other.
And by the way, clearly the item we seek goes to you, what of any other lucre we manage to acquire in our mission? And can you tell us what this items is, or looks like?

Fortuna
2010-02-17, 12:26 PM
"My most powerful magic will be required, but I can grant us such an ability. It will, however, take time to do."

Frosty
2010-02-17, 05:46 PM
"And how much time do you need? The deminic advance to faster than acticipated. The bronze citadel itself could be under assault in a matter of days." Turning to the lingerie-clad one, he says, "Only their concubines are expected to carry items of worth. They are not our primary target, although we may need to defeat a few during the battle. If you believe you have time to grab a few things before we flee with the demonic horde at our backs, then feel free to do so. As for the item itself..." He gives you a description which to you sounds like a box the size of a man's torso or some such, and is hidden within the body cavities of the sibriex.

Fortuna
2010-02-17, 10:35 PM
"Oh, a minute or so. I only meant that it could be difficult in the thick of combat."

Frosty
2010-02-20, 03:17 AM
"When we get closer to their encampment, we will stop to take a brief breather. You can cast those magics then. In the meantime, have any of you ever fought against the monstrosities I've named? If you have any questions, best to ask now."

Fortuna
2010-02-20, 01:37 PM
"I'm afraid that I've never even heard of them. Would someone like to give a brief explanation of what they are and how they tend to fight on the way?"

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-21, 06:01 AM
Edwin

Edwin smirked "They're demons. They fight mean, they fight hard, and they fight dirty. Fire'll work against 'em, though not so well as it might otherwise. Sound is best, if you have it. They're not usually all that subtle, but they've got a lot of brute force, and usually numbers, too."

Eurus
2010-02-21, 12:29 PM
Richard shivers and launches into an explanation of one of the fiends, clearly worried. "I've heard of Sibriexes, and... they're bad news. I've never seen one, or I probably wouldn't be here today, but I knew a few Blood War vets back in the day and one of them met one of the things. Once. From a distance."

"They're nasty looking buggers, like a giant brain-balloon tethered to the ground by chains, with all sorts of nastiness dangling down off it. Not Tanar'ri, either; they're Obyrith, which are even older. Can't poison them, obviously, and their brains are too messed-up to muck with any more, so don't bother. Can't burn them with acid either, because they spray the stuff around from those tubes dangling off of them. They can control the chains on them like Kytons, and they heal fast. The one my friend saw was apparently providing grafts to demons, and I think all of them can do the same."

"Oh, and let's not forget the best part; they drive you stark raving mad just from being near them. You don't even have to look; my friend saw someone try to kill the thing blindfolded, and they still went crazy. My advice would be to kill the thing from at least twenty-five yards away, and not get any closer until it's dead."

MikelaC1
2010-02-21, 01:30 PM
SABRINA

I dont have a lot of subtle strategies, at least not with things that I cant coax into bed. If I have to fight, I just tend to use my sword or arrows, both of which are enhanced by lightning, not sound or fire. If staying away from the big brain is the best strategy, I can use arrows on him, and no danger if someone else happens to be in close to it, I never hit my allies....she smirks most of the time

Frosty
2010-02-21, 02:51 PM
The Pit Fiend looks at Richard, and then at the Erinyes...his gaze lingering a bit longer. The gaze seems to be one of contempt rather than any other emotion however.

"The Imp is correct, except for the effective range of the maddening assault on the senses. My own troops got within 60 feet, and promptly broke from their well-trained formations. As for you, Erinyes, what kind of devils primarily carry around weapons that deal shocking damage? Are you daft?"

Fortuna
2010-02-21, 11:39 PM
"Interesting. I'll have to think on this for a while, but I may have the right tools for the job."

MikelaC1
2010-02-22, 07:32 AM
SABRINA

And what sort of weapons should I carry for a fight in Hell? Weapons that deal FIRE damage? How stupid would that be? Any idiot who comes into Hell is going to be protected against fire, thats what the whole damn plane is made of.

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-22, 07:37 AM
Edwin

Edwin snickered a bit at the exchange between the devils. "That's why I carry this implement." He gestured towards his staff. "One good smack and it cuts right through even the toughest hide. Once it's got the scent of a creature, it figures out just how to take them down."

Frosty
2010-02-22, 03:55 PM
"Might I point out that most demons ARE indeed idiots, and don't make themselves immune to fire before invading."

Eurus
2010-02-22, 03:57 PM
Richard chuckles at the pit fiend's comment despite himself. "Yeah, and that's one of the reasons why Tanar'ri war casualties are about twenty orders of magnitude higher than Baatezu casualties so far."

Frosty
2010-02-22, 05:30 PM
"Very true. Yet they still come, their numbers endless. What you may accomplish here today will aid us greatly. When we get there, there are two ways of approaching this. I myself have already seen the Sibriex's madness. The image has been seared into my mind...and I shouldn't be shocked by it again for at least a day. If you feel that your abilities are best spent at distracting the enemy, I can battle the Sibriex alone while you hold off the Balor and the Lilitus. Alternatively, you 4 can try to slay the Sibriex...maybe the Lilitus will intervene maybe not...as I distract them and the Balor."

MikelaC1
2010-02-22, 08:36 PM
I have mastered the art of using my belief in my own self-worth and purpose to bolster my will-power. I believe that I will be able to withstand the madness power of the Sibriex's appearance. Because of that, I think that my best target would be the Sibriex. But I certainly cannot take it by myself, I welcome your aid or that of my companions.

Fortuna
2010-02-22, 10:25 PM
"My mind is not as sturdy as it might be, but it is difficult to break what is already broken." Solifer smiles grimly. "I will be willing to battle the Sibriex as well, although I would like a minute or so for my own preparations before we enter battle."

Eurus
2010-02-23, 02:57 PM
"Neither one sounds appealing, but since the Balor could demolish me with one curse, I'll vote for the Sibriex too. It's not a long walk to crazy anyway, really."

Frosty
2010-02-24, 02:24 PM
"It sounds like you all have decided then. I hope youhave some sort of panacea magic, as the vile secretions from the Sibriex will afflict you with who-knows-what ailments, although you non-Baatezu have to worry about that more. Once we are close to their patrols, I will make us all invisible. It is at that time you should make whatever casting preparations you need to make."

Frosty
2010-02-25, 02:15 PM
Assuming no one else has any objections or questions, the travel ends about 2 hours later. Off in the distance there are demonic patrols, and this is a good place to start making preparations.

MikelaC1
2010-02-25, 02:21 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina swoops down, and deposits Edwin on the 'ground' before alighting herself. She looks around to the group
I believe you said something about becoming invisible. And others were going to grant the ability to see invisible. I would accept any other prepartions anyone has to grant, but I have no spells to cast on myself. So other than those two things, Im ready to go.

Fortuna
2010-02-26, 02:34 AM
"Just a moment, please"

Oh, I hate dumping all my slots on this...

True Seeing on the rest of the party and See Invisibility for myself (no buff for our friend, sadly) before I slap a Red Dragon Breath on myself followed by a Divine Power. The last two I save until just before we leave.

Frosty
2010-02-26, 01:36 PM
There will be probably at least another 10, 20 minutes of travel, so rounds per level buffs should wait. The Pit Fiend touches each of you and you all vanish from normal sight. "It will last quite a while, and I will renew it every 10 minutes." he says as he leads the group forward. "Let's try to avoid getting close to those patrols. Don't want them to hear us."

All of you please make 2 Stealth Checks.

MikelaC1
2010-02-26, 01:45 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina is a silent ghost as she moves forward, even with your ability to see her, she seems to slip in and out of the shadows.

[roll0] Stealth
[roll1] Stealth

EDIT: After reading Richards post, I should probably point out that my rolls didnt have any possible invisibility bonuses either.

Eurus
2010-02-26, 02:45 PM
Richard is surprisingly stealthy, considering his armor -- not nearly as much as Sabrina, but still befitting his small stature.

Not counting any bonuses from invisibility right now.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Fortuna
2010-02-26, 04:33 PM
Without Invisibility bonuses, and feeling like a moron for having no ranks (I really should have thought my skill points through)...

[roll0]
[roll1]

WhiteKnight777
2010-02-28, 08:34 PM
Edwin

Edwin muttered something to himself as he crept along, trying to keep hidden, keep quiet, and keep up with the rest of the group.

casting Camouflage, if I can. Otherwise, just subtract 10 from the hide roll.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Frosty
2010-03-01, 12:08 AM
ooc - there is no Hide and Move Silently. There is Stealth.

Frosty
2010-03-01, 02:52 PM
Throughout the next 20 minutes or so, you pass packs of...what looks like demonic centaurs with full-plate barding (DC 19 Knowledge the planes check to identify them as Armanites) on patrol. Luckily, the precautions taken and the distance between the group and the patrols got the groupthrough unnoticed.

Now, you all have landed about 200 feet from a grotesque-looking creature that Sir Richard would identify for you as the Sibriex. It looks like this: [spoiler]http://sweb.cz/JKelly/Sibriex_gfx.jpg
It is being attended to by 4 beautiful maidens...or they would be called such if not for their cloven feet, sharp talons, and four writhing, 10-ft-long tentacles coming out of her sides. Sabrina can identify those as Lilitus. About 100 feet to the side is a large demon with bat wings dancing flames on its skin. It appears to be pouring over something on a table. The Pit Fiend communicates with you telepathically, "The one to the side is the Balor. I will distract it and draw as many of the lilitus as I can. You will need to cast whatever you need to cast quickly and then run in to slay the Sibriex to take the portable lab."

The Pit Fiend will fly towards the Balor unless you ask him to stop for whatever reason.

Eurus
2010-03-01, 03:21 PM
Richard incants a spell, and a dull red aura forms around him while his shield seems to hum faintly. "Remind me," he mutters, "how far away True Seeing remains functional? We can sneak in until we get that close, at least."

OOC:
Casting Righteous Fury (25 temporary hit points and a +4 sacred bonus to Strength) as a swift action, duration is 5 minutes. Using Divine Bond to add an extra +2 enhancement bonus to my shield for 10 minutes.

Fortuna
2010-03-02, 12:20 AM
"It remains effective out to about 120 feet. I can see all invisible creatures in my line of vision, but you three will need to stay closer together." Solifer then mutters a spell.

Red Dragon Breath, but I'm not finished yet. Next round I throw out Divine Power.

Eurus
2010-03-02, 01:08 AM
"Alright, we should at least get that close, then. I doubt any of us except maybe Sabrina can stay hidden past that, though."

He glances at the Erinyes. "You want to sneak in ahead of us before we all barge in, or stay with the group?"

MikelaC1
2010-03-02, 07:29 AM
SABRINA

Sabrina whispers back to Edwin
Im going to keep trying to sneak, hopefully close enough to get in a few free shots with my bow against that thing. Wish me luck
and blows a kiss at him before moving off.

Stealth Rolls.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

(Dont know how many I need to make, so I just posted a bunch

WhiteKnight777
2010-03-02, 09:42 AM
Edwin

Edwin smirked, drawing his staff from over his shoulder and holding it firmly as he began to cast a series of spells. Massive spikes errupted from the enchanted wood, vicious-looking and serrated. The wood itself began to flow, extruding creepers of vine that lashed at the air, ready to cleave and bind his foes. Another incantation turned his flesh into something harder than teak, sheltering him from harm. Yet another spell sent veins of living light surging over his form, forming intricate runes that warded off more supernatural forms of harm.

With an effort of will, he surged up, his form changing from that of a man to the shape of a mighty ice-devil - though, thanks to his final spell, rather than the insectile appearance common to the Gelugon brood, his fiendish shape was closer to that of a great bear. He gave a wicked smile as his staff resized to fit his new shape, and he brandished it menacingly.

"Time for a bit of the game, I think."

Stats
HP: 151
AC: 47 (+25 Natural, +7 Armor +6 Dexterity, -1 Size)
Fort: +26
Reflex: +16
Will: +24

Activating Wildshape (2 uses) for Gelugon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/devil.htm) form.
Casting the following spells:

Sheltered Vitality (Immunity to Ability damage/drain, fatigue.)
Spikes (Staff becomes a +2 weapon, +10 for damage.)
Entangling Staff (Staff gets a free grapple check on hit at +8)
Superior Resistance (+6 to Saving Throws)
Energy Immunity (Fire)
Bite of the Werebear (+16 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +8 Con, +7 NA, Power Attack)
Freedom of Movement

Buffing is complete. If my stats look really high, it's because they are. :smalltongue:

I can show the math if you'd like, but basically, Bite of the Werebear + Gelugon Wild Shape = ridiculous. For reference, my current physical stats:

Strength: 39 (Gelugon 23 + 16 Enhancement)
Dexterity: 23 (Gelugon 21 + 2 Enhancement)
Constitution: 31 (Gelugon 23 + 8 Enhancement)

Frosty
2010-03-02, 01:10 PM
So how many rounds of casting was that? Time is important here as some buffs are rounds per level or something and we don't want someone else's buffs running out before you finish all of your buffs for Edwin. Also, EVERYONE please remember to post your combat defenses basics and spells active like Whiteknight is doing. And please group buffs by Spell Level so if you get hit with a targetted Dispel Magic I know the order.

How close does Sarina wish to try to get to before unleashing some arrows? Also, is she going to fly or stick to the ground? As for the rest of you, you will just stay at 120 feet until she fires?

Eurus
2010-03-02, 02:05 PM
"Hey Solifer..." Richard tosses a plain platinum ring to the priest, "put that on, and I'll give you some extra protection."

OOC:
Richard plans to stay at 120 feet until she fires, but will also use Energized Shield and Resist Energy (Acid) on himself in the next round, since Edwin's buffing. And to finish it off, he'll use Shield Other on Solifer (if Solifer doesn't object, that is).

Frosty
2010-03-02, 10:17 PM
Everyone, it's initiative time as Sabrina prepares to fire one shot upon the enemy (she only gets one in the surprise round since she doesn't have Manyshot). And please remember to post all of your combat data for me!

MikelaC1, please fix the link to your sheet on the first page of the OOC thread. You still haven't edited in a working link yet.

Don't forget to roll a Will Save when you get within 60 feet of the Sibriex. In fact, you should just do that roll when you roll initiative to save time.

MikelaC1
2010-03-03, 10:06 AM
SABRINA

Sabrina closes to attack range and fires on the Sibriex in her surprise round, however the arrow bounces off the tough hide of the beast.

Fortuna
2010-03-03, 12:46 PM
Solifer

Active Buffs: Dragon Breath (Red)
Divine Power
See Invisibility
Shield Other (from Sir Richard)

Fortitude Save: +10 (including a +1 resistance bonus)
Reflex Save: +4 (including a +1 resistance bonus)
Will Save: +15 (including a +1 resistance bonus)

AC: 20 (touch 14, flat-footed 20)

Rolling initiative: [roll0]

"Age, catamite - fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum."

OOC: Don't we all get to act in the surprise round?

Frosty
2010-03-03, 02:50 PM
All of you will, but only a move or standard action. I will have a combat map uplater today. Btw Sabrina hits with her arrow. It gets stuck in the damage-reducing skin of the Sibriex however.

Frosty
2010-03-03, 06:45 PM
Right before Sabrina unleashed her arrow, fire began raining down from the skies a ways off. The Lilitus look over in that direction, and one of them closes her eyes and disappears in a puff of smoke, presumably to go investigate. The remaining 3 Lilitus remain close to the Sibriex, on guard. The Pit Fiend must've began his distraction.

Sabrina's arrow flies true, but it seems to be unable to penetrate the Sibriex's extreme tough hide.

Initiative:

22 Sabrina
18 Solifer
17 Lilitu1
16 Lilitu2
15 Lilitu3
12 Sibriex
09 Sir Richard
?? Edwin

Edwin needs to roll. Anyhow, it' the Surprise round so everyone gets an action before the enemy gets to go.

Drop this text at http://pages.infinit.net/pdclarke/mmee/index.html Click on "Cycle Grid" to see the grid.
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s 9 ip 3d 187 -2v *s 3 jp c rs 0 *s 3 jr 2a rs 0 *s 3 jp 5o rs
@0 *s 5 fo 31 rs 0 *s 2 2c 30 rs 0 *s 6 2b 3q rs 0 *s 4 2c 29 rs
@0 *s -3 y 1z rs 0 Eurus *s -3 x 36 rs 0 Solifer *s -3 15 4h rs 0
@Edwin *s -3 dz 38 rs 0 Sabrina *s -3 hf 2i rs 0 Sibriex *s -3 iq
@e rs 0 Lil1 *s -3 jd 1u rs 0 Lil2 *s -3 im 5x rs 0 Lil3 *s e 6r
@2i 3e6 -4a *s e c3 4h 3as r *s -3 55 3w rs 0 DIfficult Terrain
@(can fly over) *s -3 5t 4g rs 0 *s -3 9o 27 rs 0 *s -3 ac 60
@rs 0 *s -3 ai 5t rs 0 Difficult Terrain (can fly over) *s -3 73
@12 rs 0 These difficult terrain provide cover and hiding spots
*END bj0jf9

MikelaC1
2010-03-03, 09:53 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina opens fire at full force on the Sibriex

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
[roll2] damage
[roll3] attack
[roll4] damage
[roll5] damage
[roll6] attack
[roll7] damage
[roll8] damage

Frosty
2010-03-03, 09:56 PM
It's still the surprise round, but I suppose no one can reach you to buff you anyways and this will count as round 1's action for Sabrina. Each of the arrows strike true...and each of them seem to bounce off the hard skin of the Sibriex. Something about the raw CHAOS of the Sibriex protects it.

Fortuna
2010-03-03, 11:53 PM
Solifer

Active Buffs: Dragon Breath (Red)
Divine Power
See Invisibility
Shield Other (from Sir Richard)

Solifer moves to be about 90 feet away from the Sibriex.

Frosty
2010-03-04, 01:13 AM
You can't. You only get a standard or Move action during the surprise round. That means no Run action for you.

MikelaC1
2010-03-04, 07:36 AM
SABRINA

Sabrina calls out while she is shooting...
The damn thing is easier to hit than anything Ive ever faced, but my arrows are doing squat. I need something more to hit it with.

Eurus
2010-03-04, 09:38 AM
Richard glides in toward the Sibriex, shield held protectively in front of himself. To Sabrina, he calls back in response, "Try the Lilitu, maybe you'll have better luck!"

OOC:
Flying 40 feet toward the Sibriex.

Stats:
AC: 39, touch 15, flat-footed 36
HP: 103/103

Fort: +22
Ref: +15
Will: +20

WhiteKnight777
2010-03-04, 09:57 AM
Edwin

Edwin clutches his staff and begins to dash towards the creature, skirting the broken terrain and moving with frightening agility for such a large beast.

Initiative: [roll0]

Doing a double move (80 ft) - moving 75 feet to the right (looking at the map) and five feet up, putting me in line with the Sibirex.

Stats

Activating Wildshape (2 uses) for Gelugon form.

Energy Immunity (Fire)
Freedom of Movement

Buffing is complete. If my stats look really high, it's because they are.

I can show the math if you'd like, but basically, Bite of the Werebear + Gelugon Wild Shape = ridiculous. For reference, my current physical stats:

Fortuna
2010-03-04, 12:50 PM
OOC: Uh... what? I have a 30' movement speed, and I was standing about 120' away from the Sibriex. What gives?

Frosty
2010-03-04, 06:30 PM
OOC - *sigh* :smallsigh: This is still the SURPRISE round. That means, you only get one Move or Standard action. No double moves, and no Full-Round actions. Edwin can only make ONE move action. MikelaC1 posted her Round One actions early. All I need is for Edwin to re-declare his movement and I can begin Round 1 (with Sabrina already having acted).

Random: I misread your earlier post. I thought you said you moved 90 ft. Your move is legal.

WhiteKnight777
2010-03-04, 06:40 PM
My bad. I'll just make a 40-foot move towards the Sybarix.

Frosty
2010-03-04, 07:06 PM
Round 1

22 Sabrina - Acted. Full-attacked Sibriex (with no apparent effect)
18 Solifer <------- Waiting for actions.
17 Lilitu1
16 Lilitu2
15 Lilitu3
12 Sibriex
11 Edwin
09 Sir Richard

Everyone moves forward as much as they can. There is some loose obstruction/difficult terrain between the Sibriex and Solifer/Edwin, but nothing you can't fly over or launch spells over. Sabrina is 20ft away from the Sibriex, 30ft away from Lilitu2, and about 40ft away from Lilitus 1 and 3.

Edwin and Sir Richard are about 80ft away from the Sibriex, and Solifer is about 90ft away. The enemies are still trying to react to the sudden attack, and are all Flat-Footed against anything Solifer does to them.

ooc - what seems to be the problem with the web page?

Drop this text at http://pages.infinit.net/pdclarke/mmee/index.html
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s 9 ip 3d 187 -2u *s 3 jp c rs 0 *s 3 jr 2a rs 0 *s 3 jp 5o rs
@0 *s 5 fo 31 rs 0 *s 2 6b 3p rs 0 *s 6 7n 3n rs 0 *s 4 7r 2b rs
@0 *s -3 4s 46 rs 0 Solifer *s -3 73 4b rs 0 Edwin *s -3 dz 38 rs
@0 Sabrina *s -3 hf 2i rs 0 Sibriex *s -3 iq e rs 0 Lil1 *s -3 jd
@1u rs 0 Lil2 *s -3 im 5x rs 0 Lil3 *s e 6r 2i 3e6 -49 *s e c3 4h
@3as r *s -3 22 11 rs 0 DIfficult Terrain (can fly over) *s -3 5t
@4g rs 0 *s -3 9o 27 rs 0 *s -3 ac 60 rs 0 *s -3 ai 5t rs 0
@Difficult Terrain (can fly over) *s -3 6f g rs 0 These difficult
@terrain provide cover and hiding spots *s -3 7l 1q rs 0 Richard
*END -xxg3gm

Frosty
2010-03-05, 01:43 AM
here is the uploaded screenshot for Random_person

http://i50.tinypic.com/zmxmxc.jpg

Frosty
2010-03-05, 03:19 AM
1) What creatures are Solifer trying to command? Range of your Close range spells are 60 ft. Your Greater Command can't reach the Sibriex and the 3 Lilitus.

2) Stepping into the cover will not stop you from targetted (but will grant you some defensive bonuses against attack rolls) but will require a Move action (you can't 5 ft step into difficult terrain). Knowing that your Command can't reach, what do you want to do instead? Perhaps move closer and THEN try to Greater Command? Even then you'd only get the Sibriex. The other 3 are still out of range.

3) Everyone, when posting actions, please be clear. For buffs that last rounds per level, please post rounds remaining. Delineate clearly each of your actions as Standard, Swift, Move, etc so I know exactly what you're doing. For example, a Warblade's turn might look like this:

Swift action change stance. Move action move up (x, y) coordinates. Standard action use a Strike on the adjacent enemy. If you have any immediate actions dependeny on the enemy, please give me a trigger of some sort.

Fortuna
2010-03-05, 02:57 PM
Sorry, misremembered Close range. This is what I do instead.

Solifer

Active Buffs: Dragon Breath (Red) (5 rounds remaining)
Divine Power (6 rounds remaining)
See Invisibility (minutes remaining)
Shield Other (from Sir Richard) (unsure on duration)

Solifer advances on the Sibriex. (Will save [roll0]). (Move action).

"Consiste!"

That's a Greater Command to Halt, btw. Save DC is a pitiful 23. Standard action.
As it so happens, java has now decided that it likes me and will show me the map. Sorry!

Frosty
2010-03-05, 06:56 PM
Round 1

22 Sabrina - Acted. Full-attacked Sibriex (with no apparent effect). Took a combined 26 damage from spells so this round so far.
18 Solifer - Acted. Greater Command...which commanded attention.
17 Lilitu1 - Used SLAs. 5ft step
16 Lilitu2 - Used SLA and casted spell. 5ft step
15 Lilitu3 - Used SLA and casted spell. 5ft step
12 Sibriex - Fired black bile. Floated towards Sabrina. Used SLA
11 Edwin <------- Waiting for actions
09 Sir Richard

Solifer's commanding voice isn't quite commanding enough...but it does accomplish one thing. It got the attention of the Sibriex and his 3 concubines...and they prepare to attack!

The three Lilitus hiss something in Abyssal and and point at Sabrina, and they unleash a torrent of...something at the Erinyes. Unfortunately, SLAs can't be spellcrafted, but some of the effects are quite visible (or at least audible). Those that wish to use Spellcraft can identify some actual spells though. Sabrina feels all of her defenses assaulted as she hears some whispers from all three Lilitus of actions suggested to her which would be wholly inappropriate in battle, but her strong ego allows her to ignore them. A draft of wind suddenly comes down at her from above, attempting to knock her prone, but Sabrina is agile enough to remain standing (Spellcraft DC 18 to identify as Downdraft). A strange blight causes blisters to appear on her body (Sabrina takes 6 damage now and rolls 2d6 and take that in damage at the beginning of her next two rounds) but resists well enough to remain functional (Spellcraft DC 18 to identify Devil Blight). Finally a shrill, piercing cry is heard as a barely-visible translucent lance hurstles through the air at Sabrina. Sabrina shakes off the worst of its effects (20 damage. DC 19 Spellcraft roll to ID the spell as Sound Lance).

During all this time, the Sibriex has been preparing some sort of bile from his tubings, and he now launches a huge glop of black bile at Sabrina, who manages to just duck in time, making it completely miss her. He then detaches his 4 chains and floats 10ft closer to Sabrina before attempting some sort of mental trickery, which Sabrina also shrugs off.

http://pages.infinit.net/pdclarke/mmee/index.html
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s 9 he 3d 187 -2t *s 3 j1 z rs 0 *s 3 j2 2b rs 0 *s 3 j0 50 rs
@0 *s 5 fo 31 rs 0 *s 2 ae 2z rs 0 *s 6 7n 3n rs 0 *s 4 7r 2b rs
@0 *s -3 ab 2d rs 0 Solifer *s -3 73 4b rs 0 Edwin *s -3 dz 38 rs
@0 Sabrina *s -3 gy 4g rs 0 Sibriex *s -3 ip f rs 0 Lil1 *s -3 it
@38 rs 0 Lil2 *s -3 io 5v rs 0 Lil3 *s e 6r 2i 3e6 -48 *s e c3 4h
*END 8co2o9

Eurus
2010-03-07, 02:47 PM
Richard keeps flying forward, while his shield suddenly starts radiating a golden aura that extends a good few inches from the actual metal, covering the great majority of his body. As he gets close to the Sibriex, a wave of pure fear at what he saw as certain death briefly overwhelms him, but his self-confidence is sufficient to persevere despite his doubts. "Hey, demon-wart, pick on someone your own size!"

OOC:
Looking back through the thread, it looks like I haven't actually used Divine Shield yet (thought I did, for some reason), so... Divine Shield! And Smite Evil on the Sibriex, and flying another 40 feet toward it.

Stats:
AC: 39, touch 15, flat-footed 36 (+8 Deflection vs. Sibriex)

Effects: Righteous Fury
Divine Bond (extra +2 enhancement bonus to shield)
Energized Shield (Sonic)
Resist Energy (Acid)
Shield Other (Solifer)
Divine Shield, 8 rounds
Smite Evil (Sibriex)

Frosty
2010-03-09, 05:35 PM
Round 1

22 Sabrina - Acted. Full-attacked Sibriex (with no apparent effect). Took a combined 26 damage from spells so this round so far.
18 Solifer - Acted. Greater Command...which commanded attention.
17 Lilitu1 - Used SLAs. 5ft step
16 Lilitu2 - Used SLA and casted spell. 5ft step
15 Lilitu3 - Used SLA and casted spell. 5ft step
12 Sibriex - Fired black bile. Floated towards Sabrina. Used SLA
11 Edwin - Moved in front of Sabrina to get into melee range of the Sibriex. Dodged AoO.
09 Sir Richard - Made his dinner plate shield all shiny with holiness and taunted the Sibriex.

Roung 2
22 Sabrina <------- Go ahead and act
18 Solifer -
17 Lilitu1 -
16 Lilitu2 -
15 Lilitu3 -
12 Sibriex -
11 Edwin -
09 Sir Richard -

Edwin moves in...now ridiculously strong and wishing to make use of his strength! The Sibriex sees an opportunity and tries to pierce Edwin with one of his chains, but it bounces off of Edwin's now hard hide! Sir Richard moves closer and prepares his defenses...and also tries to pick a fight with the demon about 32 times its size.

Sabrina's turn!

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s 9 he 3d 187 -2s *s 3 j1 z rs 0 *s 3 j2 2b rs 0 *s 3 j0 50 rs
@0 *s 5 fo 31 rs 0 *s 2 ae 2z rs 0 *s 6 gd 30 rs 0 *s 4 7r 2b rs
@0 *s -3 ab 2d rs 0 Solifer *s -3 g2 2e rs 0 Edwin *s -3 dz 38 rs
@0 Sabrina *s -3 gy 4g rs 0 Sibriex *s -3 ip f rs 0 Lil1 *s -3 it
@38 rs 0 Lil2 *s -3 io 5v rs 0 Lil3 *s e 6r 2i 3e6 -47 *s e c3 4h
*END -37i28z

MikelaC1
2010-03-09, 06:08 PM
SABRINA

Hit Points: 130 Taken: 26 AC: 38

Sabrina decides to take one more round of shots at the Sibriex, hoping to pierce whatever protections it has up.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
[roll2] shock
[roll3] attack
[roll4] damage
[roll5] shock
[roll6] attack
[roll7] damage
[roll8] shock

Frosty
2010-03-09, 06:29 PM
Unfortunately, all of the arrows hit...and then bounce uselessly off the tough hide. Sabrina's arrowheads just aren't made of the right stuff. Solifer's turn!

Fortuna
2010-03-10, 12:04 PM
Solifer

Active Buffs: Dragon Breath (Red) (4 rounds remaining)
Divine Power (5 rounds remaining)

"Halt."

Solifer walks forward, towards the battle.

"I am Solifer Iustus. I bring light to darkness. And I command that you Halt!"
Another greater command. At this point I believe I should be able to hit the Lilitu?

Frosty
2010-03-11, 09:13 PM
Roung 2
22 Sabrina - Filled Sibriex fulla arrows of uselessness
18 Solifer - Shouted "HALT" in a commanding fashion at all 4 enemies
17 Lilitu1 - Stood in place doing nothing.
16 Lilitu2 - Used SLA. Cast Spell. 5 ft. step.
15 Lilitu3 - Stood in place doing nothing.
12 Sibriex - Used SLA.
11 Edwin <------- Edwin's turn. Let's hope he'll be back soon or I'll have to replace him.
09 Sir Richard - Eurus can also post Richard's actions now if he wishes.

Solifer, walking forward, does his best to get the enemies' attentions once more, and this time it works...more or less. The magical energy just fizzles before it gets to the Sibriex. Two of the Lilitus just stand there and stare in awe at Solifer's commanding presence, while the third shakes her head and decides to try something back on Solifer.

That Lilitu speaks, in Common, in a surprisingly soothing voice, that Solifer's holy symbol has been replaced with a fake and that he should throw that fake away immediately! Solifer is too smart (or willful) to fall for that trick, but the Lilitu isn't done yet. She offers a prayer to some demon lord, and a sort of fog begins to cloud over everyone's minds! [DC 19 Spellcraft check to identify Confusion being cast] All of you but SOlifer manage to shake free of the feeling immedaitely. Solifer, however, is just...Confused.

The Sibriex sees the little pest that just challenged him mere moments ago, and focuses (defensively) upon the Imp. Sir Richard feels his muscles seize up, but he is able to shake it off!

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s 9 he 3d 187 -2r *s 3 j1 z rs 0 *s 3 ib 2d rs 0 *s 3 j0 50 rs
@0 *s 5 fo 31 rs 0 *s 2 ee 30 rs 0 *s 6 g2 20 1qx 0 *s 4 d2 2b rs
@0 *s -3 d3 39 rs 0 Solifer *s -3 fu 16 rs 0 Edwin *s -3 eu 3w rs
@0 Sabrina *s -3 gy 4g rs 0 Sibriex *s -3 ip f rs 0 Lil1 *s -3 id
@34 rs 0 Lil2 *s -3 io 5v rs 0 Lil3 *s e 6r 2i 3e6 -46 *s e c3 4h
@terrain provide cover and hiding spots *s -3 bu 1s rs 0 Richard
*END nq3mkr

WhiteKnight777
2010-03-11, 10:45 PM
Edwin

Edwin hefts his staff and begins to thrash the Sibirex a thrashing. On the first hit, his staff seems to bounce off the creature's thick hide, but afterwards the razor-sharp thorns adoring it begin to tear into it as easily as if it were the soft, pink flesh of a normal human.

Full attack action. On the second hit, my weapon's transmuting function begins operating, so no DR applies. Each hit recieves a free grapple attempt at +12

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Stats

Energy Immunity (Fire)
Freedom of Movement

Eurus
2010-03-12, 01:13 AM
Richard soars over to the Sibriex, relying on his shield and the protection of his faith to protect him from the chains. Rather than using the sword in his off-hand, he tries to slam the fiend with his shield, channeling pure righteous fury into the strike.

OOC:
Charging and activating Avenging Strike as a swift action to add Cha to attack and damage.

[roll0]
[roll1] plus [roll2]

Automatically bypasses DR.

Stats:
AC: 39, touch 15, flat-footed 36 (+8 Deflection vs. Sibriex, -2 until end of turn from charging)

Energized Shield (Sonic)
Resist Energy (Acid)
Shield Other (Solifer)
Divine Shield, 8 rounds
Smite Evil (Sibriex)

Frosty
2010-03-12, 02:24 AM
The druid (now in the shape of an Ice Devil) makes a short series of blows with his surprisingly deadly staff. He hits the Sibriex with ease, and even with the Sibriex's hard skin getting in the way, he manages to make some decent dents!

Sir Richard the brave (some would call foolhardy), meanwhile, charges in with a battle cry that surely matches in ferocity the DEVASTATING hit his shield delivered to the nose(?) of the deformed demon! Ichor bleeds from that visible wound.

Sabrina's turn! She knows that her arrows have all hit...and have all done NOTHING to the Sibriex. There are, however, 3 other juicy targets.

MikelaC1
2010-03-12, 07:10 AM
SABRINA

Hit Points: 130 Taken: 26 AC: 38

Sabrina is frustrated with her inability to damage the Sibriex and decides on a different course of action. She ignores the two non-moving Lilitus for now, and concentrates her fire on the last non-moving target.

See if youre sweet-talkng after this, bitch

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
[roll2] shock
[roll3] attack
[roll4] damage
[roll5] shock
[roll6] attack
[roll7] damage
[roll8] shock

Frosty
2010-03-13, 03:44 AM
The Lilitu yelps out in pain...the yelp wasn't huge, but at least you've got her ATTENTION...and she doesn't look like she wants to have happy happy fun times with you...or at least nothing that YOU'D consider to be happy happy fun times.

Meanwhile, Solifer has a rare moment of clarity in his Confusion and is able to act normally this turn! Go Solifer!

Fortuna
2010-03-13, 03:54 AM
Solifer

Active Buffs: Dragon Breath (Red) (3 rounds remaining)
Divine Power (4 rounds remaining)

Beads of sweat stand out on Solifer's forehead, and his eyes show a dangerous gleam. His speech is crisp and clear, more so than usual.

"No. Just... no."

Resurgence FTW! [roll0]

Frosty
2010-03-16, 06:22 PM
Roung 2
22 Sabrina - Filled Sibriex fulla arrows of uselessness
18 Solifer - Shouted "HALT" in a commanding fashion at all 4 enemies
17 Lilitu1 - Stood in place doing nothing.
16 Lilitu2 - Used SLA. Cast Spell. 5 ft. step.
15 Lilitu3 - Stood in place doing nothing.
12 Sibriex - Used SLA.
11 Edwin - Attacked the Sibriex.
09 Sir Richard - REALLY put the hurt on the Sibriex.

Roung 3
22 Sabrina - Arrows a Lilitu
18 Solifer - Tries to regain clarity
17 Lilitu1 - Heals Sibriex.
16 Lilitu2 - Casts spell.
15 Lilitu3 - Heals Sibriex.
12 Sibriex - Performed surgery?
11 Edwin <------- Edwin's turn
09 Sir Richard - Can also post

Solifer attempts to clear his mind with the aid of magic, but unfortunately he still feels like his head is full of cobwebs!

The Lilitus who were under Solifer's Command appear the shake out of it and quikly go to their master the Sibriex and casts some sort of curative magiks, causing some of the bleeding wounds caused by Solifer and Edwin to close.

The one Lilitu that Sabrina shot at earlier now snarls and brings forth the destructive powers of an altered Flamestrike! (DC 20 to know it is indeed Flamestrike) All 4 of you must make a Reflex save DC 25 or take 19 Electricity (modify for any electrical resistance) damage and 19 Unholy damage (no resistanes allowed). "I will make you ALL out slaves and TEST subjects!" snarls the Lilitu.

The Sibriex does something...strange. Strange and disgusting. It uses a chain to reach inside of itself and pulls some fleshy...thing out. Skin? Over the course of 6 seconds, it attaches the thing to the Lilitu that had just cast Flamestrike, making her look hideous!

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s 9 he 3d 187 -2q *s 3 ic 31 rs 0 *s 3 ib 2d rs 0 *s 3 id 4c rs
@0 *s 5 fo 31 rs 0 *s 2 ee 30 rs 0 *s 6 g2 20 1qx 0 *s 4 gc 2z rs
@0 *s -3 d3 39 rs 0 Solifer *s -3 fu 16 rs 0 Edwin *s -3 e9 2j rs
@0 Sabrina *s -3 gy 4g rs 0 Sibriex *s -3 il 3i rs 0 Lil1 *s -3
@in 20 rs 0 Lil2 *s -3 i8 55 rs 0 Lil3 *s e 6r 2i 3e6 -45 *s e c3
@4h 3as r *s -3 22 11 rs 0 DIfficult Terrain (can fly over) *s -3
@5t 4g rs 0 *s -3 9o 27 rs 0 *s -3 ac 60 rs 0 *s -3 ai 5t rs 0
@terrain provide cover and hiding spots *s -3 fh 3w rs 0 Richard
*END 5um2wj

OOC - Edwin I'm going to just throw out Entangling staff for now it's too much of a headache for me to deal with. I may come up with a way that'll be balanced and fit in with the new grappling rules better. For now you can have that spellslot back.

Eurus
2010-03-17, 10:15 PM
The imp's flight is briefly interrupted by the bolt of unholy lightning that lances through the party, freezing the motion of his wings for a moment and threatening to send him spiraling downward. He manages to recover, though, and his wounds start quickly healing as he presses the attack, lashing out with both sword and shield. The concentration required to assault the creature is apparently too much for him to also continue raining insults on it.

OOC:
Heals 2 from Fast Healing, and activates Lay on Hands on himself as a swift action. [roll0]

Then, full attack. 3 attacks with the shield at +30/+25/+25 and one with the sword at +28.

[roll1]; [roll2]; [roll3]
[roll4]; [roll5]; [roll6]
[roll7]; [roll8]; [roll9]
[roll10]; [roll11]

Stats:
AC: 39, touch 15, flat-footed 36 (+8 Deflection vs. Sibriex)
HP: 84/103

Energized Shield (Sonic)
Resist Energy (Acid)
Shield Other (Solifer)
Divine Shield, 7 rounds
Smite Evil (Sibriex)

Eurus
2010-03-17, 10:16 PM
[roll0] and [roll1], if successful, on shield bash #2.

WhiteKnight777
2010-03-17, 10:29 PM
Edwin

Edwin continues to bludgeon the hideous creature with his thorn-encrusted staff, sending ichor flying everywhere as he tears into the bloated beast with savage fury.

Full attack. Transmuting is active now, so it's time for a beatdown.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Stats
HP: 132

Energy Immunity (Fire)
Freedom of Movement

Frosty
2010-03-19, 02:45 AM
Roung 4 (fast healing time)
22 Sabrina <------- Your turn
18 Solifer - Targets Lilitu2
17 Lilitu1 -
16 Lilitu2 -
15 Lilitu3 -
12 Sibriex -
11 Edwin -
09 Sir Richard -

The combined assaults of Edwin and Sir Richard send HUGE CHUNKS of the disgusting and quite frankly, demented demon flying EVERY WHICH WAY. Small fragments land in Sabrina's cleavage, most likely to her disgust. She is free to act.

Meanwhile, Solifer doesn't look too well...still confused but seems fixated on the Lilitu that just received a strange graft. Go ahead and post an action...but it must be some sort of offensive action against that Lilitu.

MikelaC1
2010-03-19, 05:26 AM
SABRINA

Sabrina makes a grimace at the disgusting goo that lands on her. She makes a mental note to speak to Edwin about where he sends battle splatter in their next engagement. However, she also decides that he would likely be more receptive to her requests if she allows him to 'clean' her up after the fight. For now, she continues to focus her arrow shots on the Lilitu she hit last round.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
[roll2] shock
[roll3] attack
[roll4] damage
[roll5] shock
[roll6] attack
[roll7] damage
[roll8] shock

And her status
HP:130 T:45 AC:24 F+22, R+25, W+25

Fortuna
2010-03-19, 02:13 PM
Solifer

Active Buffs: Dragon Breath (Red) (2 rounds remaining)
Divine Power (3 rounds remaining)

HP: 33/71

Solifer blinks a few times, then focuses. He incants a spell before a stream of fire blasts from his fingertips towards the Lilitu.

Searing Scorching Ray.
Attack roll 1: [roll0]
Damage roll 1: [roll1]
Attack roll 2: [roll2]
Damage roll 2: [roll3]
Attack roll 3: [roll4]
Damage roll 3: [roll5]

She probably has fire resistance, or maybe fire immunity, but half the damage will get her even if she has immunity and the spell completely bypasses resistance. If, of course, any of it actually hits.

Frosty
2010-03-19, 04:39 PM
OOC - 1) Go ahead and roll your Crit confirmation for your first ray. 2) Scorching Ray does not bypass SR. Is that a product of the Searing Spell metamagic instead?

Fortuna
2010-03-20, 01:15 AM
OOC: Fire resistance, not spell resistance. Dammit, I need to roll for that, don't I? 1d20+CL, yah?

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

And the crit
[roll3]

Frosty
2010-03-21, 05:27 PM
Round 4
22 Sabrina - Shoots more arrows that does some damage
18 Solifer - Lands a crit with scorching ray on same Lilitu
17 Lilitu1 - Heals
16 Lilitu2 - Uses SLA. Holds Down Sir Richard
15 Lilitu3 - Heals
12 Sibriex - Uses SLA. Spurts acid.
11 Edwin - <------- go ahead
09 Sir Richard - Sir Richard can only try to escape the pin OR attack the Lilitu holding him down.

Sabrina manages to hurt the Lilitu a bit more, and SOlifer lands a very nice Scorching Ray, leaving a good burn mark!

The two liltus that were healing their master continue to do so, since chunks of it are still missing (and in Sabrina's cleavage). The third one, however, has other ideas...and they involve her 4 EXTRA tentacles! But first, she does one more thing.

Concentrating momentary (and doing so defensively), she summon what appears to be a COMET and it is now DEATH FROM ABOVE! Edwin, Sabrina, and Sir Richard must succeed on a DC27 Reflex save or take 52 damage (reflexes for half damage). Those that fail the Reflex save are also knocked prone immediately!

Then, her 8 tentacles, as if acting on their own, reaches out and SURROUNDED one of the enemies that has been causing her master so much grief and pain! They grab on and HOLDS DOWN Sir richard, pinning him! It constricts and Sir Richard takes 12 damage. [OOC - don't forget that Solifer has had Shield Other on Sir Richard for the entire battle, so Sir Richard should only be taking half of the indicated damage]

Eurus: The Lilitu is using the Hold Down version of Grapple on you. She doesn't have The Edge on you, so you can attack her (albeit at a penalty) but no one else. You didn't get an AoO on her since she has bigger reach than you. Alternatively you can try to escape the Hold Down but it's unlikely. Refer to http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Races_of_War_%283.5e_Sourcebook%29/Advanced_Combat for more info.

Meanwhile, The Sibriex tries to take that damned Ice Devil out of the fight! It summons up some magical energies to try to strip away some of Edwin's protections. Then, it spurts some acid onto Edwin, dealing 39 acid damage. Edwin needs to make a DC27 Fort save for be nauseated!

Edwin:Sibriex managed to Greater Dispel your Superior Resistance and Sheltered Vitality. That was before the Acid spurt.

Eurus
2010-03-22, 02:20 PM
Thrashing wildly, Sir Richard summons the power of his faith once more and lays the smite down on the Lilitu strangling him. "I'm just... not into you that way, hag!"

OOC:
Swift action to Smite Evil on the Lilitu, and full attack with a -8 penalty. Automatically ignores DR on any successful hits.

[roll0]; [roll1]; [roll2]
[roll3]; [roll4]; [roll5]
[roll6]; [roll7]; [roll8]
[roll9]; [roll10]; [roll11]

Frosty
2010-03-22, 02:35 PM
The 'hag' screams in pain from your mighty smites!

ooc - please post your combat stats.

Eurus
2010-03-22, 02:48 PM
Stats:
AC: 39, touch 15, flat-footed 36 (+8 Deflection vs. Sibriex and Lilitu)
HP: 44/103

Energized Shield (Sonic)
Resist Energy (Acid)
Shield Other (Solifer)
Divine Shield, 6 rounds
Smite Evil (Sibriex)
Smite Evil (Lilitu)

Frosty
2010-03-25, 12:55 PM
Round 4
22 Sabrina - Shoots more arrows that does some damage
18 Solifer - Lands a crit with scorching ray on same Lilitu
17 Lilitu1 - Heals
16 Lilitu2 - Uses SLA. Holds Down Sir Richard. Gets ripped a new one by Sir Richard
15 Lilitu3 - Heals
12 Sibriex - Uses SLA. Spurts acid
11 Edwin - Gets hit by acid and has uncontrollable coughing fit
09 Sir Richard - Sir Richard lands a few REALLY solid hits on the upgraded Lilitu

Round 5
22 Sabrina <------- GO!
18 Solifer -
17 Lilitu1 -
16 Lilitu2 -
15 Lilitu3 -
12 Sibriex -
11 Edwin - Still coughing
09 Sir Richard -

Some of the acid gets into Edwin's lungs [39 damage] and the Ice-devil shaped druid just starts hacking and wheezing, unable to do anything useful for now.

Sir Richard uses his shield and sword to good effect, cutting up the tentacles good! The hag hasn't let go yet though. These new tentacles she has are TOUGH!

No one really moved, so the map hasn't changed. Go Sabrina!

MikelaC1
2010-03-25, 01:44 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina stumbles to her feet, snarling an oath at the Lilitu, and manages to get off one shot with her bow.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
[roll2] shock

Im assuming only one shot, since standing up is a move action, allowing her only a standard action. If not, tell me, and I'll roll two more.

MikelaC1
2010-03-25, 01:46 PM
Oooo, natural 20

[roll0] confirm
[roll1] extra damage
[roll2] extra shock

EDIT: Double max hit damage if that confirms....her one shot was a good one

Frosty
2010-03-27, 01:56 AM
ooc - If you have Manyshot, you can use that as a standard action. If not, then only one arrow. Your crit does not confirm unfortunately. Sorry. And remember that variable damage (other than the base weapon damage itself) such as Shocking, Flaming, Sneak Attack, etc are never multiplied on crit.

The arrow strikes true, and is the final straw needed to sever the extra tentacles that are holding Sir Richard! The Lilitu screams in agony, ursing in an extremely unlady-like manner in Abyssal, as her 4 extra tentacles crumble, leaving her with only the 4 normal ones. Richard is no longer Held Down!

Solifer shakes his head, and has momentary clarify as he is able to act normally this round.

Fortuna
2010-04-01, 01:31 PM
Solifer

Active Buffs: Dragon Breath (Red) (1 round remaining)
Divine Power (2 rounds remaining)

Solifer strides over to the giant creature overcome with coughing, muttering something under his breath. He reaches out, granting a release from the pain.

Walking over and casting Heal on Edwin

Frosty
2010-04-01, 11:36 PM
Round 5
22 Sabrina - Gets up, and fires one good shot.
18 Solifer - 5ft steps over to the Druid and casts Heal.
17 Lilitu1 - Retrieves Wand. Uses Wand.
16 Lilitu2 - Sends up gigantic flare.
15 Lilitu3 - Retrieves Wand. Uses Wand.
12 Sibriex - Uses SLA
11 Edwin - <------- No longer Nauseated thanks to Solifer. Go ahead.
09 Sir Richard - Eurus roll Richard's Will Save.

Solifer's healing helps a great deal as Edwin is now healed for 140 HP, probably putting the druid back at full, as well as removing the vile Nausea from the acidic bile of the Sibriex.

The transformed Lilitu raises a hand and sends up a GIGANTIC pulse of energy, easily visible to those even miles away. Looks like she's calling for reinforcements.

The other two Lilitus retrieve a wand each from somewhere...and they point them at the most dangerous individuals! A ray of some sort shoots out from each wand, hitting Sir Richard and Edwin respectively. Suddenly, they both feel dizzy (no save)...and they can't take full-round actions. For the next minute or so, they can only take Standard OR a Move action! Oh noes!

The very bloodied Sirbriex sees an opportunity to knock the Imp out of the battle for good, and focuses on the paladin.

Eurus: DC24 Will save or be under the effects of Hold Monster. Remember that you have a -4 to your saves vs the Sibriex's Enchantment spells and SLA thanks to you failing your save vs madness earlier. Since you can't perform full-round actions, you can't attempt to break out of Hold Person if succeeds.

Edwin's turn!

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s 9 he 3d 187 -2p *s 3 ic 31 rs 0 *s 3 ib 2d rs 0 *s 3 id 4c rs
@0 *s 5 fo 31 rs 0 *s 2 f1 2b rs 0 *s 6 g2 20 1qx 0 *s 4 gc 2z rs
@0 *s -3 e1 1w rs 0 Solifer *s -3 fu 16 rs 0 Edwin *s -3 e1 3b rs
@in 20 rs 0 Lil2 *s -3 i8 55 rs 0 Lil3 *s e 6r 2i 3e6 -44 *s e c3
@terrain provide cover and hiding spots *s -3 fh 3w rs 0 Richard
*END bvsqlb

WhiteKnight777
2010-04-01, 11:52 PM
Edwin

Despite the magical assault sending him reeling, Edwin doggedly continues to attack the bloody meat-demon, shoving his staff into the gaping, bloody wounds as the thorns tear its hideous, putrescent flesh.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Stats
HP: 132
Fort: +20
Reflex: +10

Energy Immunity (Fire)
Freedom of Movement

Frosty
2010-04-02, 12:07 AM
OOC - Superior Resistance has been Dispelled since last round, WhiteKnight. He got that and Sheltered Vitality remember? On the other hand, thank you for posting so promptly.

Eurus
2010-04-02, 01:54 PM
(Yikes, let's hope for some luck...

[roll0]

EDIT: Nope, my saving throws hate me.)

The ray sends Richard into a dizzy swoon, but before he can even fully realize what's happening, his entire body locks up and he falls to the ground with a thud.

MikelaC1
2010-04-02, 07:05 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina spreads her wings and makes the short flight to Sibriex, attempting to use her vampiric touch on the beast

[roll0] touch attack
[roll1] penetrate spell resistance
[roll2] damage

Frosty
2010-04-03, 01:10 AM
ooc - MikelacC1: Re-roll your damage. Vampiric touch is 1d6 per 2 Caster Levels. Iirc, we set your Caster Level equal to your ECL, so at best you have 7d6 right now.

MikelaC1
2010-04-03, 06:48 AM
Sorry, not quite sure what I was looking at when I rolled 8

[roll0]

Frosty
2010-04-04, 01:45 AM
Round 5
22 Sabrina - Gets up, and fires one good shot.
18 Solifer - 5ft steps over to the Druid and casts Heal.
17 Lilitu1 - Retrieves Wand. Uses Wand.
16 Lilitu2 - Sends up gigantic flare.
15 Lilitu3 - Retrieves Wand. Uses Wand.
12 Sibriex - Uses SLA
11 Edwin - Whacks Sibriex hard
09 Sir Richard - Paralyzed by SLA. Falls to the ground with thud.

Round 6
22 Sabrina - Drains the life force out of the Sibriex.
18 Solifer - <------- Act normally. Go!
17 Lilitu1 -
16 Lilitu2 -
15 Lilitu3 -
12 Sibriex - Unconscious
11 Edwin - Can't take full-round actions
09 Sir Richard - Paralyzed

Edwin, even though his vision swims from the dizziness, makes a heroic effort continuing to bas the Sibriex's brain in (well, the entire thing is mostly brain, but still...).

Eurus's faith almost saves him from the machinations of the Sibriex...but not quite. His wings lock, and he plummets to the ground with a thud, unmoving.

Sabrina has had enough! She flies 5ft and her hand glows with suckly green energies! Her hand nears the Sibriex...and for a moment the natural resistances of the Sibriex keep the Erinyes's palm at bay, but she plunges through, and manages to DRAIN the remaining life force of the Sibriex! Sabrina regains 20 Temporary HP, and the Sibriex crashes to the ground, apparently unconscious. Go Sabrina!

Solifer's state of Sanity continues for now. He still has to fight to try to think clearly, but for the next 6 seconds he can do it. What will he do to help the team? We await with nervousness.

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s 9 he 3d 187 -2o *s 3 ic 31 rs 0 *s 3 ib 2d rs 0 *s 3 id 4c rs
@0 *s 5 gd 3o rs 0 *s 2 f1 2b rs 0 *s 6 g2 20 1qx 0 *s 4 gd 2z rs
@0 *s -3 e1 1w rs 0 Solifer *s -3 fu 16 rs 0 Edwin *s -3 f4 4a rs
@in 20 rs 0 Lil2 *s -3 i8 55 rs 0 Lil3 *s e 6r 2i 3e6 -43 *s e c3
@terrain provide cover and hiding spots *s -3 gd 2l rs 0 Richard
*END -p83egv

Fortuna
2010-04-04, 09:43 PM
Solifer

Active Buffs: Divine Power (1 round remaining)

"Be released! Be healed! Be restored!"

A five foot step over to Richard, unless I'm misreading the map. Then casting Resurgence on him. Nothing to do with my move action, but ah well.

Eurus
2010-04-04, 10:06 PM
New will save from Resurgence: [roll0]

Eurus
2010-04-04, 10:08 PM
Richard grunts in surprise as he's suddenly freed, and gives the Lilitu a good whack with his shield.

OOC:
Avenging Strike as a swift action to add Cha to attack and damage on this next attack, and shield bashing the Lilitu.

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

Frosty
2010-04-04, 10:43 PM
ooc - It's not your turn yet since the Lilitus need to act, but I guess you can roll your attack first...

Eurus
2010-04-04, 11:48 PM
(I was assuming I just delayed when it was my turn, since there was nothing I could do)

Frosty
2010-04-05, 12:09 AM
(I was assuming I just delayed when it was my turn, since there was nothing I could do)
ooc - Point. I had not even considered that tactical consideration. Next time, tell me that explicitly though. I will let it go this time though.

Richard's sudden attack resurgence of faith catches the modified Lilitu off guard, and he just about VAPORIZES her with a MIGHTY attack!

The other Lilitus, seeing how outmatched they are now, flies away. One of them drops a wand. The unconscious Sibriex lays crumpled before you. There may not be much time, however, as the flare earlier surely attracted attention...

Round 6
22 Sabrina - Drains the life force out of the Sibriex.
18 Solifer - Casts Resurgence on Sir Richard.
18 Sir Richard - Attacks Lilitu2, killing her.
17 Lilitu1 - Runs away
16 Lilitu2 - Dead
15 Lilitu3 - Runs away
12 Sibriex - Unconscious
11 Edwin - Can't take full-round actions <--------- GO!

MikelaC1
2010-04-07, 02:00 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina looks around for the Pit Fiend, he knows whatever they are looking for and she doesnt. She does draw her longsword however, and starts hacking away at the unconscious Sibriex, maybe she'll find what shes looking for by accident.

Frosty
2010-04-08, 09:46 PM
Solifer, as Sabrina starts hacking away at the Sibriex (making very, VERY slow progress thanks to Damage Reduction), you start babbling incoherently.

Richard still feels dizzy.

Eurus
2010-04-08, 11:20 PM
Still woozy, Richard begins chopping away with his own longsword, making much faster progress despite its smaller size as the holy energy that still flowed through him allowed him to penetrate the Sibriex's unnatural resilience.

"Sab.." he begins, but trails off as he nearly falls over from the strain of trying to talk, cut, and keep his balance at the same time. "Sabrina," he tries again, "when I get through the hide, I'm going to leave you to get whatever's inside this thing while I go make sure our 'employer' doesn't get himself killed. Not much of a point to this if he dies before he can have us rewarded..."

MikelaC1
2010-04-09, 09:08 AM
SABRINA

Stay focused Sabrina tries to encourage Sir Richard stay focused on one thing, it will help your mind to overcome the enchantments laid on it.
She continues to hack away at the Sibriex, trying to use her blade as a saw, once she gets it pierced through the hide
Do you have any idea of what we are looking for? I could come across it and pass by, not even recognizing it for what we seek. And where IS that pit fiend, hes the one that really knows what this thing is. The battle's over, where is he?

Eurus
2010-04-09, 12:28 PM
"Still fighting the Balor, I think. It should be easy to find, you just feel around for anything that's not an organ."

Frosty
2010-04-11, 01:51 AM
Sabrina thinks she hears sounds of battle coming from a direction. She can point it out to the others. The two Lilitus that ran also went that way.

MikelaC1
2010-04-11, 05:55 PM
SABRINA

We'd better find this thing quickly, because things are going to get a lot hotter, even for Hell. Those two sluts are back in a fight unless my ears trick me, and no doubt its with our potential benefactor.
Sabrina digs both her hands into the gore of the Sibriex to find what she wants.

Eurus
2010-04-11, 06:04 PM
"Is that so? Well, now I really think I should go help..."

Frosty
2010-04-11, 09:04 PM
Sabrina's arm, now completely submerged in the ichor that coats the inide of the Sibriex, bumped into something hard...and metallic. It certainly doesn't *feel* like an organ, but who knoes what strange physiological makeup a Sibriex has? When Sabrina pulls her arms out, it'll be *covered* in black ichor.

MikelaC1
2010-04-12, 09:00 AM
SABRINA

Sabrina yanks the 'box' free from the gore of the Sibriex. Without bothering to wipe it off, she spreads her wings and calls to the others.
Ive got it, lets go find the pit fiend and collect our reward. Im not sure if this pile of brain matter is dead or just knocked out, and I sure dont want to be around if it recovers
Sabrina gets ready to take to the air, if anyone needs a lift, they need to speak up quickly, and change shape back to a weight she can carry if so.

Eurus
2010-04-13, 12:40 AM
Richard just responds with a nod, and crookedly takes flight again, steadying himself on the Sibriex's corpse. "I'm... I'm fine, let's go."

MikelaC1
2010-04-13, 01:26 PM
As Sabrina takes to the air, she quickly gulps down at least one potion of Cure Serious Wounds to aid her should she run into opposition

DMs call on whether she can drink more than one, dont know how far it is to the battle of the pit fiend...if she can, she will drink at least 2 more
EDIT: after checking my sheet, I only have one CSW potion, so if I drink more, it would be CLWs

[roll0] CSW potion EDIT: Now at 130HP, Taken 84, after potion

WhiteKnight777
2010-04-13, 01:41 PM
Edwin

The druid nodded his assent, sheathing his staff over his back, still in his hideous devil-form as he loped along with his companions. His voice had an odd, chittering note to it, and his breath frosted in the air. "Aye, double-quick, too. I'd rather be far from here when and if that... thing awakens."

Frosty
2010-04-15, 01:09 PM
The box is pretty heavy, so it ought to be carried by somneone with trength...or at least put into a bag of holding or some-such. In any case, it takes you all about a minute to reach the scene...and in that minute, Solifer begins beating on the Sibriex body violently. About 12 seconds before you reach the scene, Solifer's mind clears and he regains control of himself.

The scene before you is one of carnage. The Pit Fiend is knee-deep in demon ichor, andis engaged in personal combat with a Balor that looks hurt! The two previously injured Lilitus are here. You may all re-roll initiative!

MikelaC1
2010-04-15, 02:50 PM
SABRINA

As she flies to the scene of the battle, Sabrina drinks 3 of her cure light wounds potions
[roll0] EDIT: now at HP130, Taken 63 after potions
Once she spots the battle, she moves into position, getting ready to fire a shot from her bow
[roll1] Initiative
She also calls out to the Pit Fiend
We have what we were looking for....at least I think its it

Fortuna
2010-04-16, 04:49 AM
Solifer shakes his head for a moment to clear it, and then turns to looting the corpses.

Eurus
2010-04-16, 11:40 AM
Richard makes sure to stay a good 150 feet away from the Balor, knowing full well what it could do to him if it tried. He removes the shield from his arm, and switches it into a throwing grip.

[roll0]

And Richard will have used another Lay on Hands during the trip, for [roll1] life. Divine Shield would have expired, so he'll reuse it on the last round of travel.

Stats:
HP: 94/103

Energized Shield (Sonic)
Resist Energy (Acid)
Shield Other (Solifer)
Smite Evil (Sibriex)
Smite Evil (Lilitu)
Divine Shield, 7 rounds

Frosty
2010-04-25, 08:24 PM
Round 1

24 Sabrina - <------- Action!
21 Thoros -
20 Pit Fiend -
19 Balor -
17 Lilitu 1 -
17 Lilitu 2 -
14 Zeth -
13 Sir Richard -
10 Bebilith 1
10 Bebilith 2
04 Leon Abbot -
?? Solifer -

Recap: Sabrina, Sir Richard, and Solifer had just defeated a demonic monstrosity called a Sibriex, and retrieved a portion of some sort of laboratory from its body. They had also driven off 2 Lilitus while killing a third one. Now, the 3 heros seek to regroup with their Pit Fiend sponsor before high-tailing it out of here. The object in question can't be teleported so it looks like the grioup will have to hoof it (or fly).

They run to the scene and see the Pit Fiend and a Balor battling it out. Nearby, the two Lilitus they previously fought with are here as well, along with two HUMONGOUS-sized monsters resembling spiders. There are also two constructs that appear to be seige engines of some sort. And lastly...3 individuals apparently not of demonic or devilish origin pop in from thin air, behind the Pit Fiend.

Leon Abbot, Zethiraem, and Thoros had teleported in at this time under the direction of Urzguz, another Pit Fiend. They seek to use this opportunity to take out a demon general in charge of some seige engines. They may or may not notice the two devils and one human running to the fight.

Anyone with Knowledge (The Planes) may roll it to learn more about the spider-monsters and what might and might not work against them.

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s f dp 2a 2od 6 *s f hp 89 2nn -1 *s 3 d3 7o rs 0 *s 3 cd 8d rs
@0 *s 6 9d 4n 1nd -k *s 4 be 4n 1dh -7 *s 3 5p 3o rs 0 *s 4 6c 2z
@rs 0 *s 5 6c 4c rs 0 *s 0 8e id kk -e *s 1 9r ib rs 0 *s 2 az ib
@rs 0 *s 7 8h ad 2bh 1l *s 7 eg ae 288 m *s -3 8s 5s rs 0 Pit
@Fiend *s -3 bk 5u rs 0 Balor *s -3 95 bc rs 0 *s -3 bv 7e rs 0
@*s -3 df 74 rs 0 Lilitu 1 *s -3 ay 88 rs 0 Lilitu 2 *s -3 ds bk
@rs 0 Bebilith 1 *s -3 89 bh rs 0 *s -3 7g bj rs 0 Bebilith 2 *s
@-3 eu 2h rs 0 Demonic Seige Engine 1 *s -3 fv 71 rs 0 Demonic
@Seige Engine 2 *s -3 6t 28 rs 0 *s -3 6v 2h rs 0 Thoros *s -3
@60 59 rs 0 Leon *s -3 4o 44 rs 0 Zeth *s -3 77 j3 rs 0 Sir
@Richard *s -3 91 hr rs 0 Sabrina *s -3 b2 j4 rs 0 Solifer
*END -kmq0w0

MikelaC1
2010-04-25, 09:01 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina, remembering that her bowshots were more efficient against the Lilitus than anything else, fires once more on the female fiends, aiming to hit one that has already taken damage, if possible

[roll0] attack #1
[roll1] attack #2
[roll2] attack #3
[roll3] damage
[roll4] damage
[roll5] damage
[roll6] shock damage
[roll7] shock damage
[roll8] shock damage

At the same time, she considers the spider beings, trying to call on her knowledge of the planes to identify them and their weaknesses

[roll9]

Marillion
2010-04-26, 12:01 AM
Leon Abbot

HP: 126/99
AC: 31 Touch: 17 Flatfooted: 30
FORT: +13
REF: +4
WILL: +18
Active spells and conditions: Protection from Electricity and Sonic
Spiritual Guardian +6 deflection bonus, 14 minutes remaining
BAB=14, 14 rounds remaining
Strength=19, 14 rounds remaining
Shield of Faith, +4 deflection bonus, 14 minutes remaining

By Pelor's shiny golden balls, they're bigger than I expected.

MikelaC1
2010-04-26, 06:45 AM
SABRINA

As the last of Sabrina's arrows streaks toward the Lilitu, leaving a trail of sparks in its wake, she calls out advice to her old party members, and hopefully the new arrivals will believe her as well.

Those spider beasts, beware of them, because they have some form of web attack. If you have spells that require a strong will to resist, use them on them, for they are not strong in mental fortitude.

Combat Stats (sorry)
HP:130 Taken:63 AC:38 T:24 FF:27 F+22 R+25 W+25 no active buffs

lostlittlebear
2010-04-27, 05:04 AM
Where's the OOC thread? I'd like to put my char sheet up there for easier reference.

Frosty
2010-04-27, 11:35 AM
I linked it in the PM I sent you and in the OO thread of the other game. You should have this already: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140413&page=8

Frosty
2010-04-29, 11:53 AM
Lostlittlebear: You have until tonight to post your actions or you initiative is delayed.

To everyone else, I apologize for the delay.

Frosty
2010-05-01, 12:41 AM
Round 1

24 Sabrina - Full-attack Lilitu #2 with arrows. Some damage done.
21 Thoros - Delays.
20 Pit Fiend - Tangles with Balor.
19 Balor - Tangles with Pit Fiend.
17 Lilitu 1 - Flies to Seige 1
17 Lilitu 2 - Flies to Seige 2
14 Zeth - <------- Time to act!
13 Sir Richard -
10 Bebilith 1
10 Bebilith 2
08 Solifer -
04 Leon Abbot -

The arrows strike true, and Lilitu #2 cries out in pain...and perhaps with surprise to see you three chasing them all the way here.

The Pit Fiend and the Balor are intensely focused on each other...so much so that they may not even have noticed the newcomers yet! The Pit Fiend does not yet know that the part has been retrieved from the Sibriex, and he and the Balor continue to POUND and SLICE and CLAW at each other. Much flying of ichor ensues.

The two Lilitus screech something in abyssal, and then each of them runs off to stop next to a seige engine. It's hard to see exactly what they're doing with the seige engines.

Zeth's turn!

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s f dq 2c 2od 6 *s f hp 89 2nn 0 *s 3 ea 3o rs 0 *s 3 h2 70 rs
@0 *s 6 9d 4n 1nd -j *s 4 be 4n 1dh -6 *s 3 5p 3o rs 0 *s 4 6c 2z
@rs 0 *s 5 6c 4c rs 0 *s 0 8e id kk -d *s 1 9r ib rs 0 *s 2 az ib
@rs 0 *s 7 8h ad 2bh 1l *s 7 eg ae 288 m *s -3 8s 5s rs 0 Pit
@*s -3 ej 4f rs 0 Lilitu 1 *s -3 hn 78 rs 0 Lilitu 2 *s -3 ds bk
@rs 0 Bebilith 1 *s -3 89 bh rs 0 *s -3 7g bj rs 0 Bebilith 2 *s
@-3 eu 2h rs 0 Demonic Seige Engine 1 *s -3 g3 9p rs 0 Demonic
@60 59 rs 0 Leon *s -3 4o 44 rs 0 Zeth *s -3 77 j3 rs 0 Sir
@Richard *s -3 91 hr rs 0 Sabrina *s -3 b2 j4 rs 0 Solifer
*END -854lq5

Jade_Tarem
2010-05-01, 03:29 PM
Hmm... for some reason, I'm having trouble with the map site. In order to not slow down the game, I'm going to do something fairly safe this round.

Zethiraem
Basic Stats
Current HP: 120/64 (56 temporary)
28 AC (22 FF, 16 Touch)
18 SR
Fort Save: +12
Reflex Save: +10
Will Save: +18
Speed: 40 (Land), 40 (Swim), 50 (Fly)

Active Spells:
Overland Flight (Base Fly Speed 40, Average)
Heart of Fire (+10 Land Speed, Fire Resistance 20)
Heart of Earth (+8 vs. Bull Rush, Trip, Overrun, +28 hp)
Heart of Air (+10 Fly Speed, +10 to Jump Checks)
Heart of Water (Breathe Underwater, Swim Speed = Land Speed, +8 to Swim Checks)
Magic Circle Against Evil
Protection from Electricity
Protection from Sonic
Haste
Bear's Endurance
Shield of Faith

Other Active Effects:
Heart of Everything: Having all four of the Elemental Heart Spells active at the same time grants immunity to sneak attack damage as well as the extra damage from critical hits.

Immune to sleep effects (elf).
Bonus versus enchantment spells and effects (elf).
Secret door detection (elf).

Zeth takes aim at the seige engine, and attempts to eliminate it from the battlefield along with the lilitu messing with it. Then, with a quick motion, he sets up a blinding sleet storm over the other lilitu.

Rise 25 ft.

Casting Fireball on 1 lilitu/siege engine group.

Damage: [roll0]
Spell Resistance: [roll1]

Casting Sleet Storm (Using Greater Esoterica again) on the other lilitu/siege engine.

No save/No SR allowed

Marillion
2010-05-02, 02:30 AM
OOC: As it turns out, I am also having trouble with the map site (again). It instantly crashes firefox whenever I try to open it.

Frosty
2010-05-02, 06:17 PM
OOC: As it turns out, I am also having trouble with the map site (again). It instantly crashes firefox whenever I try to open it.
Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed. If all else fails, use Internet Explorer. It's never failed to work for me on IE.

Marillion
2010-05-03, 12:17 PM
Java fixed it. Yay.

Eurus
2010-05-03, 03:19 PM
Deciding that those siege engines couldn't possibly be good news, Richard directs his assault at them, flying over and hurling his shield down at the one that wasn't currently obscured by sleet.

Attempting to fly to within 30 feet of the Lilitu that was hit by the fireball, if Richard can do that with 40 feet of movement. Then activating Avenging Strike and throwing his shield at her. I'm assuming that Lilitu is not the one that he already targeted with his Smite Evil, but if it is, add another +8 to his damage.

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

Stats:
HP: 94/103

Energized Shield (Sonic)
Resist Energy (Acid)
Shield Other (Solifer)
Smite Evil (Sibriex)
Smite Evil (Lilitu)
Divine Shield, 6 rounds

Frosty
2010-05-04, 02:30 AM
Round 2

21 Thoros - Delays.
14 Zeth - Fireballs and Sleet Storms
13 Sir Richard - Shield-slings Lilitu 2, doing good damage.
10 Bebilith 1 - Spits web at Sir Richard.
10 Bebilith 2 - Attempts to bite Leon
08 Solifer - <------- Go!
04 Leon Abbot -

The fireball streaks towards Lilutu #2 and singed her and the seiges engine. The Lilitu does manage to avoid the worst of it though with some acrobatics. [Next time please post your spell DC] The sleet storm completely obscures what's going on with Lilitu #1, so you won't know what she does.

Sir Richard flies forward and slings his shield at Lilitu #2! Even though he is veyr far away, his aim is true and the Lilitu screams out in major pain! Next time there will be even more pain if Sir Richard smites the Lilitu as well [I can't seem to access Myth weavers at the moment. The shield returns automatically right?]

Bebilith #1 scuttles towards Sir Richard, and launches some webbing in the form of a net at Sir Richard! How disgusting! It tangles Sir Richard up, and Sir Richard can't move from his location. He has a -2 penalty on attack rolls, AND a -4 penalty to Dexterity, meaning a total of -6 on ranged attacks. In addition, Sir Richard will have trouble concentrating on spells.

Bebilith #2 charges Leon Abbot, wanting to take a BITE out of the holy man...but Pelo must be watching over him as the bite gets nothing but armor!

And now...Solifer's turn!

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@0 *s 6 9d 4n 1nd -i *s 4 be 4n 1dh -5 *s 3 5p 3o rs 0 *s 4 6c 2z
@rs 0 *s 5 6c 4c rs 0 *s 0 bs ed kk -c *s 1 9r ib rs 0 *s 2 az ib
@rs 0 *s 7 6h 72 2bh 1l *s 7 cf ag 288 m *s -3 8s 5s rs 0 Pit
@*s -3 ej 4f rs 0 Lilitu 1 *s -3 hn 78 rs 0 Lilitu 2 *s -3 ca bx
@rs 0 Bebilith 1 *s -3 89 bh rs 0 *s -3 4d 8k rs 0 Bebilith 2 *s
@60 59 rs 0 Leon *s -3 4o 44 rs 0 Zeth *s -3 c4 ei rs 0 Sir
@Richard *s -3 8r j3 rs 0 Sabrina *s -3 b2 j4 rs 0 Solifer *s h
@gx 10 fq3 -k *s -3 dw 4z rs 0 Inside circle is Sleet Storm area.
@*s -3 dx 5h rs 0 40ft. Radius is ridiculously huge.
*END dp7qew

Frosty
2010-05-05, 03:46 PM
Solifer: You have another day before you are NPC'ed or delayed.

Has anyone seen Lostlittlebear?

Fortuna
2010-05-07, 02:06 AM
Solifer

Fortitude Save: +19
Reflex Save: +3
Will Save: +14

"Collee."

Solifer walks to stand next to Richard (Move action).

"In nomine sancti Pelori dico. SUMUS!"

A Recitation as a standard action, affecting Sabrina, Richard and the first Bebelith.

lostlittlebear
2010-05-07, 05:15 AM
Thoros
HP 107, AC 32, Saves Fort +22, Ref+17, Will +17

Running towards the Bebillith attacking Leon, Thoros joins his friend's defense. Raising his broken bottle of beer, he mutters a quick prayer to Pelor, smiting the demon with a massive two handed blow.

OOC:
Thoros charges the Bebillith and uses Smite Evil.
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]+[roll2]

Sorry about my absence, my internet has been disconnected for a long time, but I'm back and trying to get up to speed with everything I missed.

Marillion
2010-05-07, 11:37 PM
Leon

HP: 126/99
AC: 31 Touch: 17 Flatfooted: 30
FORT: +13
REF: +4
WILL: +18
Active spells and conditions: Protection from Electricity and Sonic
Spiritual Guardian +6 deflection bonus, 14 minutes remaining
BAB=14, 14 rounds remaining
Strength=19, 14 rounds remaining
Shield of Faith, +4 deflection bonus, 14 minutes remaining

Leon rolls his eyes at the ghostly knight by his side as the spider-thing bites down on his armor. "What good ARE ye, anyway?" The ghost shrugs. "Thank ye fer tha, Thoros. An' now, BUG OFF!" He raises his mace above his head in both hands. It begins to crackle with golden energy, and he brings it down at the demon's head 3 times.

Attack bonuses: BAB 14/9/9 (Righteous Might)+4 STR +2 Enhancement
Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage: Using Holy Surge [roll1]+[roll2]+8
Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]+[roll5]+8
Attack 3: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]+[roll8]+8

Frosty
2010-05-08, 02:28 AM
Round 1

14 Zeth - Fireballs and Sleet Storms
13 Sir Richard - Shield-slings Lilitu 2, doing good damage.
10 Bebilith 1 - Spits web at Sir Richard.
10 Bebilith 2 - Attempts to bite Leon
08 Solifer - Casts Recitation. Richard, Sabrina and Solifer are buffed.
7 Thoros - Charges (and not in a straight line either) the Bebilith, and gets bitten.
04 Leon Abbot - Whacks the Bebilith a few times.

Solifer walks up to the webbed Imp. The Recitation cast will aid the paladin's already formidable saves and mitigate some of the lost AC (due to dex penalty from the webbing), but probably won't help Sir Richard break free. Richard and Sabrina please remember to add the bonuses from Recitation to your character stats at the beginning of each post (+2 Luck bonus to AC and saves). Solifer gets a +3 bonus to both (he obviously is of the same faith as the caster :smalltongue:)

Thoros charges the Bebilith #2 with gumption (I assume you'll always choose to make the Acrobatics check to avoid AoOs during a charge) and his broken bottle glowing with holy goodness tears the Bebilith a new one! [Lostlittlebeat please post your backstory and link to sheet in the OOC thread.]

The good abbot sees a chance to press the advantage, and 5-foot steps into position, using his heavy mace to rip the Bebilith THREE new ones. The Bebilith is now feeling much more holier than before, judging by the copious amount of bleeding. It doesn't look healthy at all now.

The battle goes well. Sabrina's turn!

Round 2

24 Sabrina - <------- Action!
20 Pit Fiend -
19 Balor -
17 Lilitu 1 -
17 Lilitu 2 -
14 Zeth -
13 Sir Richard -
10 Bebilith 1 -
10 Bebilith 2 -
08 Solifer -
7 Thoros -
04 Leon Abbot -

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@0 *s 6 9d 4n 1nd -h *s 4 be 4n 1dh -4 *s 3 5p 3o rs 0 *s 4 72 4y
@rs 0 *s 5 6d 50 rs 0 *s 0 bs ed kk -b *s 1 9r ib rs 0 *s 2 b2 ec
@rs 0 *s 7 6f 6c 2bh 1l *s 7 cf ag 288 m *s -3 8s 5s rs 0 Pit
@*s -3 ej 4f rs 0 Lilitu 1 *s -3 hn 78 rs 0 Lilitu 2 *s -3 ca bx
@rs 0 Bebilith 1 *s -3 89 bh rs 0 *s -3 4v 7y rs 0 Bebilith 2 *s
@Seige Engine 2 *s -3 6t 28 rs 0 *s -3 6u 4d rs 0 Thoros *s -3
@53 56 rs 0 Leon *s -3 4o 44 rs 0 Zeth *s -3 c4 ei rs 0 Sir
@Richard *s -3 8r j3 rs 0 Sabrina *s -3 au ff rs 0 Solifer *s h
@gx 10 fq3 -j *s -3 dw 4z rs 0 Inside circle is Sleet Storm area.
*END -ksde7b

Screenshot:http://i42.tinypic.com/2ql96zb.jpg

MikelaC1
2010-05-08, 12:28 PM
SABRINA

Sabrina decides to risk using a charm monster on the Bebilith that has not been engaged by the party just yet, telling it

We are not your enemy, just sit tight and let us deal with the rest of these demons, we'll even let you feed on their tasty bodies after we do so

Charm Monster DC:29

Frosty
2010-05-08, 01:23 PM
OOC - You mean you are targeting Bebilith #2, the one that is almost dead from the other party's attacks? Here's how it works. If the Bebilith considers all 6 of you to be from the same faction, then he'll get a +5 to the save. If he doesn't, he'll get the normal save to consider Sabrina and her allies to be friendly...but there are still 3 tasty enemies in front of him in the form of the other 3 PCs. Knowing that, and the fact that the other bebilith looks unhurt and is far away from the other party, do you still want to target bebilith #2?

On another matter...if you wish to communicate with it, you need to speak in Abyssal. Do you know Abyssal?

MikelaC1
2010-05-08, 01:30 PM
I meant Bebilith #1, the one closer to me and the one not engaged by our party yet. I probably should have specified him by number.
As for speaking with the Bebilith, I hadnt actually picked my languages yet, but considering what we were going to be doing, it would make sense that Abyssal would have been one of them.

Frosty
2010-05-09, 12:46 AM
Round 2

24 Sabrina - Uses SLA
20 Pit Fiend - Fights Defensively
19 Balor - Presses the advantage
17 Lilitu 1 - Walks out of Sleet Storm, casts spell
17 Lilitu 2 - Aims the seige engine #2
14 Zeth - <------- Action
13 Sir Richard -
10 Bebilith 1 -
10 Bebilith 2 -
08 Solifer -
07 Thoros -
04 Leon Abbot -

Sabrina concentrates hard at Bebilith #1, and then speaks a sentence of Abyssal at it. The Bebilith looks a bit less...threatening now.

The Pit Fiend fighting the Balor looks back momentarily and shouts to the three he hasn't met (Leon, Thoros and Zeth), "Mortals! Be you friend or foe in our war effort? Answer quickly!" He continues to fight the Balor, and does so in a careful manner.

The Balor is full of rage and attacks recklessly, tearing chunks out of the Pit Fiend every now and then.

Lilitu #1 is seen walking to the edge of the Sleet Storm where she can once again see. Hissing, she sees the elven mage that had caused the inconvenience, and speaks a mix of draconic and abyssal before a lance of sound flies from her outstretched hands and into Zeth's gut! [41 Sonic damage. Roll Fort Save DC 24 for half damage round up.]

Lilitu #2 does something to the seige engine she is at, and the engine visible shifts...perhaps it is taking aim at something or a location.

Zeth's turn!

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s f dq 2c 2od 6 *s f hp 89 2nn 0 *s 3 bp 3m rs 0 *s 3 h2 70 rs
@0 *s 6 9d 4n 1nd -g *s 4 be 4n 1dh -3 *s 3 5p 3o rs 0 *s 4 72 4y
@rs 0 *s 5 6d 50 rs 0 *s 0 bs ed kk -a *s 1 9r ib rs 0 *s 2 b2 ec
@rs 0 *s 7 6f 6c 2bh 1l *s 7 cf ag 288 m *s -3 8s 5s rs 0 Pit
@*s -3 ag 38 rs 0 Lilitu 1 *s -3 hn 78 rs 0 Lilitu 2 *s -3 ca bx
@rs 0 Bebilith 1 *s -3 89 bh rs 0 *s -3 4v 7y rs 0 Bebilith 2 *s
@Seige Engine 2 *s -3 6t 28 rs 0 *s -3 6u 4d rs 0 Thoros *s -3
@53 56 rs 0 Leon *s -3 4o 44 rs 0 Zeth *s -3 c4 ei rs 0 Sir
@Richard *s -3 8r j3 rs 0 Sabrina *s -3 au ff rs 0 Solifer *s h
@gx 10 fq3 -i *s -3 dw 4z rs 0 Inside circle is Sleet Storm area.
*END -yxca1

MikelaC1
2010-05-09, 09:07 AM
SABRINA

Sabrina calls out to Sir Richard and Solifer

Concentrate your attacks on the other demons, ignore the bebilith, hes our ally and our friend now.

lostlittlebear
2010-05-09, 10:16 AM
Thoros glances at the Pit Fiend, suppressing a surge of revulsion at having to work with such hellspawn. Remembering to keep up his "big-dumb-fighter" act, he replies.

"Yeah - far's I 'kin tell we're on ya side."

"After all, we seem ta be crackin' tha same 'eads, eh?"

Jade_Tarem
2010-05-09, 02:58 PM
Zethiraem
Basic Stats
Current HP: 120/64 (56 temporary)
28 AC (22 FF, 16 Touch)
18 SR
Fort Save: +12
Reflex Save: +10
Will Save: +18
Speed: 40 (Land), 40 (Swim), 50 (Fly)

Active Spells:
Overland Flight (Base Fly Speed 40, Average)
Heart of Fire (+10 Land Speed, Fire Resistance 20)
Heart of Earth (+8 vs. Bull Rush, Trip, Overrun, +28 hp)
Heart of Air (+10 Fly Speed, +10 to Jump Checks)
Heart of Water (Breathe Underwater, Swim Speed = Land Speed, +8 to Swim Checks)
Magic Circle Against Evil
Protection from Electricity
Protection from Sonic
Haste
Bear's Endurance
Shield of Faith

Other Active Effects:
Heart of Everything: Having all four of the Elemental Heart Spells active at the same time grants immunity to sneak attack damage as well as the extra damage from critical hits.

Immune to sleep effects (elf).
Bonus versus enchantment spells and effects (elf).
Secret door detection (elf).

Did the Lilitu manage to beat my SR? And is the 41 damage before or after the protection from sonic is taken into account?

Fortitude Save: [roll0]

Zeth *whoofs* as the blast hits him. He doesn't say anything, but instead continues to drift upwards and, after tossing off a quick spell to help him aim, fires a sizzling green orb at the Lilitu.

True Strike as a standard action, Orb of Acid as a swift action (2nd use of Major Esoterica).

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] (Acid Damage) (Fortitude Save DC 25 to avoid being sickened, she takes the full damage regardless of whether or not she makes the save).

No SR vs. Orb of Acid.

Frosty
2010-05-09, 11:10 PM
She got past your SR, and the 41 damage is before Sonic Protection. Youmade the fort save, so your protection took 21 sonic damage. Still plenty left.

The sickly green orb travels from the elf's hand, and manages to make a big, sizzling hole...near the Lilitu's cloven feet.

Sir Richard's turn!

Eurus
2010-05-09, 11:21 PM
Richard's shield arcs through the air to return to his grasp, and the momentum from catching it spins him 360 degrees in midair to whip it right back at the Lilitu again. "Hey, princess, don't ignore me! I might get jealous."

Same as last time. Throw the shield at the more injured of the two Lilitu, use Avenging Strike to add Cha to attack and damage.

[roll0]
[roll1] plus [roll2]

Stats:
HP: 96/103

Energized Shield (Sonic)
Resist Energy (Acid)
Shield Other (Solifer)
Smite Evil (Sibriex)
Smite Evil (Lilitu)
Divine Shield, 6 rounds
Recitation
Entangled