PDA

View Full Version : Help with Gestalt Cleric?

Os1ris09
2010-02-01, 01:57 PM
So I had a previous thread but now I have permission from DM to take 2 PrC's at the same time in the Gestalt game variant.

So I was wondering if anyone can help me with the following build:

CCleric XX/ Bone Knight XX//Crusader 1/ Fighter 1/ Favored Soul 1/ Fighter 1/ Prestige Paladin 1/ Ordained Champion XX/ Ruby Knight Vindicator XX

I was hoping that with this build I can get to CL 20 with Favored soul and CL 20 with CCleric. I would Use the Bone Knight Dead CL on Favored Soul and make up the CL on the other side to make Cleric max spells and hopefully favored soul a decent spell list. Also I was hoping to be an awesome Melee combatant and use the favored soul spells as buffs (or blast whichever is better) and the CCleric spells for the other purpose.

What are the prereq's for Ordained Champion (i do not have complete champion) and Ruby knight Vindicator?

AirGuitarGod32
2010-02-01, 02:09 PM
Okay. Too much crap!

Focus on being a Tank or Mr. Damage

for the Tank, I say Cloistered Cleric/RSoP//Crusader/Shadowstriker

for Damage, I say Cleric of Bane/Bone Knight//Blackguard/Paladin of Slaughter

or

Cloistered Cleric of Wee Jas/Contemplative//Crusader/RKV

seriously, FS sux.

Douglas
2010-02-01, 02:18 PM
I was hoping that with this build I can get to CL 20 with Favored soul and CL 20 with CCleric.
Caster level, or spells per day? They are not the same thing, and getting the latter to level 20 for both classes is not possible without pretty much scrapping most of your build.

Also, why do you want both Cleric and Favored Soul? One should be plenty, and you can do a lot better with your second side than just getting yet more access to the same spell list you already had.

Os1ris09
2010-02-02, 02:42 AM
So would a Wizard/ Incantrix// CCleric/ Boneknight/Ordained Cleric be to much? for race I was gonna go Dragonborn Human with the saint template.

Also I was going for full casting on Cleric side while trying to maintain CL 20 on favored soul and the reason is I wanted one spell list dedicated to buffs and the other to utility.

but I can see now that maybe it is a little to much and I should stick to melee side//caster side

Mongoose87
2010-02-02, 03:12 AM
Generally, the idea is to have an active side and a passive side. Dual casting classes seems nice, until you realize you can only cast one spell per round (normally). So, it's best to choose one casting class, then another class that complements its abilities.

Os1ris09
2010-02-02, 03:18 AM
Ok so then this build would be good then.

CCleric XX/ Bone Knight XX/ Ordained Champion XX// Ranger (wildshape variant) 5/ Prestige Paladin 1 (hopefully not LG alignment)// Master of Many forms 7/ Nature's Warrior XX/ Wildshaper XX