PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Negative

Tanaric
2010-02-01, 02:08 PM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a small room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a sconce near the room's single door.
Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2||N|
3|||
4|||[/table]

There is a door at C-4, south side.

DM notes:Sheet. (http://coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=7988)

theterran
2010-02-01, 10:14 PM
Alright,

To start things off. I'll cast a Persisted Lesser Vigor, a Persisted Detect Magic, and a Persisted Light on my Chain Shirt (I only have normal vision, and this is easier than carrying a torch around :smalltongue:)

I use detect magic to check for any "magic auras" in the area, then check my path to the door with my 10ft pole. I also check the door with both. Assuming all clear, I'll open the door.

Tanaric
2010-02-02, 12:37 PM
Opening the door reveals the usual stuff.

Thirty feet to the south, the hall tees to the east and west. After twenty feet, it splits east.

East, it runs beyond the range of your light. After ten feet, it splits to the north and south. After thirty feet, there's a door on the north side of the hall.

theterran
2010-02-02, 12:44 PM
I'll head east to the split, checking for traps, pits, etc. with my 10ft pole, and anything magical with detect magic.

If I can make it to the split, I'll attempt to go north, continuing to check with my pole (both walls and floor), and anything magical with detect magic.

:smallsmile:

Tanaric
2010-02-03, 04:33 PM
You make it to the split, and go north for twenty feet, then east for ten feet, then north for ten feet before the hall tees to the east and west.

To the west, it runs for thirty feet before turning north. After twenty feet, it splits north.

To the east, it runs beyond the range of your Light spell. After twenty feet, it splits north. After thirty feet, there is a door on the south side of the hall.

theterran
2010-02-03, 05:35 PM
I will aim Detect Magic down the east corridor, then work my way east prodding with my 10ft pole.

Tanaric
2010-02-04, 04:43 PM
Ten feet to the east, the floor fails to pass your patented Poke Test, revealing a 20 ft deep pit.

theterran
2010-02-04, 04:57 PM
Fine then, I'll turn around and head west! using the 10ft pole to test the floor, and using detect magic to look for anything with a magical aura.

Tanaric
2010-02-04, 04:59 PM
You have a positive jump modifier. Taking 10, you can clear the pit with a standing jump.

Why do you hate pit traps so much? :smallsigh:

Still want to go west?

theterran
2010-02-04, 05:01 PM
you can "take 10" on jumps? :smalleek:

Tanaric
2010-02-04, 05:02 PM
You can take 10 on most any skill, as long as you aren't threatened or rushed.

Is that pit threatening to you? Does it scare you? :smallwink:

theterran
2010-02-04, 05:03 PM
Um..yes...:smalleek:

It was talking trash!

Alright, so I take 10 and jump the pit!

(see, if I would have known you could take 10, i would have been jumping those dumb pits!)

theterran
2010-02-05, 11:47 AM
Hey Tanaric, my other guy just cleared Floor 1, so I'm gonna drop this guy off the map, (it'll be one less character you've gotta do :smallwink:)

Since I beat floor 1 (finally), would you care if I started DMing floor 1?