PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Coreone

Tanaric
2010-02-01, 03:33 PM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a small room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a sconce near the room's single door.
Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2||C|
3|||
4|||[/table]

There is a door at C-4, south side.

DM notes:Sheet. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=182542)

VinGoodman
2010-02-01, 04:24 PM
I leave the backpack on the floor. Then, I use the longspear to poke at the floor in front of the door for traps/switches, and search the walls to the two sides of the door (east wall at C4 and south wall at B4, avoiding stepping on C4 until I feel sure it's safe from the prodding/searching). Can I take 10 or 20 on these searches, or do I have to roll (search +6).

Tanaric
2010-02-01, 08:49 PM
You can take 10 or take 20 on any searches you like, provided you're able to do so at the time.

Regardless, you don't find anything out of the ordinary.

VinGoodman
2010-02-01, 09:00 PM
Thanks. I step to C4, take 10 search the door for traps, and listen to see if I hear anything on the other side.

Tanaric
2010-02-01, 09:02 PM
No traps that you can find with a cursory examination, and you don't hear anything out of the ordinary.

VinGoodman
2010-02-01, 09:10 PM
Hmm...cursory you say. Just to be safe, do you mind if I take 20 instead?

Tanaric
2010-02-01, 09:10 PM
It's totally up to you.

Regardless, you don't find anything out of the ordinary that way either.

VinGoodman
2010-02-01, 09:13 PM
(Thought the great Deity out there was giving me a hint:smallbiggrin:). I open the door and peer out the door to see what's on the other side.

Tanaric
2010-02-01, 09:24 PM
Opening the door reveals an unlit hallway running to the east and south. Without a source of light, it's impossible to determine more.

VinGoodman
2010-02-01, 09:34 PM
I go back to my backpack, pull one sunrod out, light it, and peer out the door with it.

Tanaric
2010-02-01, 09:38 PM
Bringing the light outside reveals the following:

To the east, it runs beyond the range of your sunrod's light. After ten feet, it splits to the north and south. After thirty feet, there is a door on the north side of the hall. After sixty feet, it splits to the north and south.

To the south, it runs for thirty feet before teeing to the east and west. After twenty feet, it splits east.

VinGoodman
2010-02-01, 10:47 PM
I go just short of 20' south, and look east.

Tanaric
2010-02-01, 10:50 PM
It runs east for ten feet before turning north.

VinGoodman
2010-02-01, 10:53 PM
I go 10' east and peer north

Tanaric
2010-02-01, 11:00 PM
It runs north for forty feet before turning east. After five feet, there's a door on the east face of the hall. After twenty feet, it splits to the east and west.

VinGoodman
2010-02-01, 11:07 PM
Ok, I take 10 to search the area just in front of the door, using the pole first then with a closer look. I search the wall opposite the door next, taking 10. Finally, I take 20 to search the door, and listen to hear what may be on the other side.

Tanaric
2010-02-02, 06:16 PM
You find a whole lot of nothing.

VinGoodman
2010-02-02, 08:00 PM
I open the door and look inside

Tanaric
2010-02-02, 09:50 PM
Opening the door reveals the following room:

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||||
4||||B|H[/table]

There is a door at A-2, which you are just outside of, another at E-4, south side, and another at E-3.

There is a human clad in a chain shirt and holding a longsword standing behind a beast with patchy dark fur that covers its unhealthy shrunken black skin in some places. Open sores dot its hide and a feral, catlike head glances with it's blank eyes at the wall in front of it.

Roll initiative.

[roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-02-02, 10:33 PM
Eek!

Initiative: [roll0]

Tanaric
2010-02-03, 04:43 PM
The man gestures for you to leave, placing a restraining hand on the beast's neck.

Your turn.

VinGoodman
2010-02-03, 04:54 PM
I close the door. I proceed west to the T, and south 5' from there. Then I look to the left and right at that T-intersection.

Tanaric
2010-02-04, 04:30 PM
To the west, the hall runs for ten feet before turning south. To the east, it runs for forty feet before turning north. After thirty-five feet, there is a door on the north side of the hall. There is a large red and white bullseye painted on the floor outside the door.

VinGoodman
2010-02-04, 10:25 PM
I proceed 10 feet west and look down the hall to the south.

Tanaric
2010-02-06, 07:45 AM
The hall there runs south for ten feet before turning east.

If you intend to go one way for a while, feel free to say "I go that way, following the hall until X happens, or I reach Y point. If I pass Z, I stop." or something on that order.

VinGoodman
2010-02-06, 11:31 AM
I follow the path, always staying to the right, until I can see a door or an opening to a room, or run into...something, or observe something unusual from what I've seen up to this point (something like a bulls-eye counts as unusual, even though I've seen it once already :smallbiggrin:).

Tanaric
2010-02-06, 05:15 PM
To the south, the hall turns east and runs beyond the range of your vision.

Thirty-five feet down, the floor starts to fail beneath you. Reflex save.

VinGoodman
2010-02-06, 05:42 PM
Ohoh...forgot about the floor thing...

Ref: [roll0]

Tanaric
2010-02-06, 05:47 PM
You pass. Which side do you want to end up on?

If it matters, you can now see a door thirty feet down the hall, on the north side.

VinGoodman
2010-02-06, 06:28 PM
I'm going to stay on the original side for now. Is the floor now gone, or did it reform and look like it was before? Did I catch how big the hole was? Next response likely won't be available until tomorrow...

Tanaric
2010-02-06, 06:37 PM
It's a 5-ft square pit, twenty feet deep.

The floor is missing in that area.

VinGoodman
2010-02-07, 10:49 PM
Ok, let's see if I'm interpreting the descriptions right in making my map. I back track to the square just outside the starting door. From there, I go 15' east (does that put me in the middle of the intersection?) and then 15' north (which my map indicates just before I enter the last northward square). I peek east past the corner.

Tanaric
2010-02-08, 07:01 PM
Close, but you can't count your starting square in your distances, or else it gets wonky. You actually travel ten feet east to get to the intersection.

The hall runs east for ten feet before turning north.

Note that if you intend to just travel in a certain direction, you can say "Go X direction until Y happens or I find Z" and I'll save you the tedium of turn by turn decision making.

VinGoodman
2010-02-08, 07:48 PM
Thanks. I had some strange gaps, so I had to describe those moves to see how I was off. Thanks for the clarification. I go back to the intersection 10 feet east of the door of the starting room. Then, I proceed 15 feet east, just east of where the door to the north is. I prod the square south of the door, taking 20. If it feels safe, then I search the wall to the south and the door to the north for traps, again taking 20, and listen through the door for sounds.

Tanaric
2010-02-09, 11:45 AM
Five feet east of the split, you feel the floor start to fall out beneath you. Reflex save.

VinGoodman
2010-02-09, 02:40 PM
Again! I better be more careful next time...(or next life)...

Ref: [roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-02-10, 10:37 PM
Assuming I made it, I would like to be on the other side (in front of the door) if I am able. I'll search the wall and the door, taking 20, and listen to see if I hear anything on the other side.

Tanaric
2010-02-11, 11:52 PM
You hear the dull roar of a fire, though it seems to come and go at random intervals.

VinGoodman
2010-02-12, 12:09 AM
Ok, time to dance. I put down the backpack, have my longspear ready for attack, and open the door.

theterran
2010-02-17, 08:03 AM
I'll be taking over for Tanaric for a time. :smallsmile:

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3||L|||
4|||||
5|||||[/table]
There are doors at A5 south, which you are outside of, and E1 north.
In the room there is an ugly looking, blue scaled, lizard thing with fire in it's mouth!

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 09:15 AM

Coreone drops the longspear, quick draws his greatsword, and charges at the ugly lizard!

attack: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

crit check:
attack: [roll3]
damage: [roll4]

AC 14 until next turn.

theterran
2010-02-17, 09:21 AM
The lizard thing falls.

150xp, chainmail

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 10:03 AM
Sweet! I put the chain mail in a backpack or a sack (whichever it fits in), sheath the greatsword, pick up the longspear, and give the room a nice search (take 10 floor and walls, take 20 by E1 (floor, door, and the two adjoining walls - after I give that floor a good prodding with the longspear from as far away as I could). If I find nothing, I listen through the door, and then ready myself, open the door at E1 north, and look out. For now, the sack with the chain mail is in the middle of the room, and I have the backpack with me, but ready to be dropped in case I need to act.

theterran
2010-02-17, 10:12 AM
You find a whole bunch of nothing in the room...
And nothing on the door.

so you open the door, and peer out.

You see a hallway running east/west.

West you see that the hallway runs 60ft before turning north, with a split north at 10ft, a split south at 30ft, and another split north at 50ft.

East the hallway goes 20ft before turning south, at 20ft there is also a door on the north side.

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 10:26 AM
I get the sack and set it down just outside the door. Then, I head west, prodding the floor with the longspear as I go, I will look right, left, right, right so I can note what I see. Once I reach the turn to the north and have looked that way, I head back to the door at the far east end of the hall, looking right as I reach there (prodding the squares to the east of the door I came out of). When I reach the door, assuming there are no more pits along the way, I will search the door for traps (take 20) and listen through the door. At this point, my backpack will be on the floor and I'll have the longspear at the ready.

theterran
2010-02-17, 10:55 AM
How far ahead of you are you poking w/ the spear? And are you poking just the floor, or walls as well?

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 12:38 PM
With the spear turned, I can poke about 7' or so out. I believe the description has the longspear somewhere said 6-8 feet in length, and long enough to strike 2 squares out (reach weapon). I do pay attention to the walls, but I suppose I did not mention I would search them. So, it's no more than typical spot look along the way type of progress (oh, if only there's a way to stretch the truth and say that I'm taking 20 down the entire length of the hall...:smallbiggrin:). This can't be good...

theterran
2010-02-17, 12:47 PM
I was just wondering if you were poking the walls with the spear, but if you're just looking at them, that's fine. :smallsmile:

Traveling east, you pass a northern split, you see that the split travels 10ft north and turns east, you also see a door on the northern wall at the turn.

10ft past the first north split heading east, your spear finds a false floor with a pit under it.

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 01:02 PM
(Was I going west for all this? I'm a little turned around here). I now head the other way to get to the door, cutting my long direction trip short of the pit. I'm still going with the procedure heading to the door (which I thought was to the east) as I described above.

theterran
2010-02-17, 01:10 PM
According to your post, you wanted to head West first, then go back east to the door.

Yes, the door is to the east.

You find the pit, turn around and head back east to the door.

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_
1||||
2||C|C|
3||C|C|
4||C|C|
5||||[/table]
The room contains a large chest with a note attached to it’s latch. There are doors at C5, D2 and D1 north.

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 01:18 PM
Hmm, let's hold that thought for now. I head south, with my longspear leading the way. The chainmail in the sack is still outside that door north of the lizardfolk.

theterran
2010-02-17, 01:25 PM
You travel 20ft south and come to an East/West T. East goes 10ft and ends at a wall. West goes 10ft and turns south.

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 01:36 PM
I head toward the deadend, longspear leading, and searh the walls in those 10 feet (take 20) to make sure it's a real dead end (with no traps). Then I go west turn south, and get to a cross intersection (if my map is right). I will look east and south to see what it looks like, then I will go west, toss my backpack over the pit, and then do a running jump over the pit (do I need to roll for a 5' running jump?). I then go 15 feet past the pit, turn south for 10'.

Taking a deep breath, I prep my sling, open the door and fire at the beast if I get a surprise shot (or human, if the beast is not blocking the path of my sling shot).

Here goes nothing...

theterran
2010-02-17, 01:54 PM
In searching the dead end, you find a secret door.

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 01:58 PM
Aha, I live to fight the beast/human some other day!. After checking the door to make sure there are no traps, I set the backpack down, have my longspear at the ready, and open the door.

theterran
2010-02-17, 02:00 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_
1||||||
2||||||
3||||||
4|||1|||
5||||||
6||||||[/table]
There is a door at A-6 west, another at E-1 and another at F-4. You are outside of A4, where the secret door is. There is a kobold wearing a chain shirt and holding a short sword.
Initiative:[roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 02:06 PM

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 02:18 PM
Ok, let's try again. "Charge!" Coreone drops the longspear quickdraws the greatsword, and charges the kobold.

attack:
damage: [roll]2d6+3[

crit check, if necessary:
attack:
damage: [roll]2d6+3[

AC14 until next round.

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 02:21 PM
Not sure what happened to the damage rolls:

damage [roll0]

crit damage (if necessary) [roll1]

theterran
2010-02-17, 02:38 PM
I'll let you get away with it this time, but I would suggest dropping the spear and pulling out the GS before opening the door if you plan on charging, as drawing a weapon is a move action. :smallconfused:

The kobold falls over dead.

150xp, small shortsword, small chain shirt, and other stuff... one sec.

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 02:40 PM
I have quick draw as a feat.

theterran
2010-02-17, 02:47 PM
Then ignore what I said :smallwink:

You also find in a chest within the room 130gp, a blue quartz worth 12gp, a Normal Skill Shard (see MiC Pg. 185), and a divine scroll with a 2nd level spell on it.

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 03:46 PM
Sweet! Quick question - how does a small short sword function. In particular, would I be able to use it like a dagger, and be able to wield it and throw it, or is it still considered a short sword, not eligible to be thrown?

Nevermind, found the write-up on the SRD.

theterran
2010-02-17, 03:56 PM
Still a shortsword, regardless of the size.

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 04:11 PM
I go back out and get the sack with the chainmail, and bring it back to the room through the secret door. I put the chainmail, shortsword(sm) and chain shirt(sm) on the floor near the chest, and put the sack back in my backpack.

from as far away as I can, I poke around the floor on A6 with the longspear, and then search the floor, the 2 walls adjacent to the door at A6, and the door itself. If I find nothing, I open the door and search the floor on the other side (take 20 on these searches). Once I feel safe, I head down the hall, looking south as I go through the intersection to see what's down there, and continue west. There's a pit there just past the door to the north. I'll take the rope+grappling hook out the backpack to keep with me, and throw the backpack past the pit. Then, I take a running jump over the pit (do I have to roll for this?). I will then turn south, go 10', and put the backpack down.

Here, I want to have my longspear ready, and I open the door.

theterran
2010-02-17, 04:23 PM
Wow...ok.

You find nothing.

You open the door to see the hallway going west, and south
It goes south for 10ft before turning east.
It goes east out of your range of vision. There's a North/South split 20ft down the hall, North it goes 10ft and turns east, South it goes 10ft and turns west. 5ft down the south split is a a large blue note hanging from the wall.

As you continue west, you trigger a trap set 10ft east of the door on the north side
Vs FF Touch[roll0]
[roll1]

10ft on the otherside of the door you find the pit, and navigate over it. At the intersection you turn south and with your spear you find a pit 5ft south of the intersection. Assuming you do the same as with the previous pit, you navigate successfully over it and end up at the door.
Opening the door reveals the following:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||||
4||||B|H[/table]
There is a door at A-2, which you are just outside of, another at E-4, south side and another at E-3. There is a human wearing a chain shirt and holding a longsword standing behind a beast with patchy dark fur that covers its unhealthy shrunken black skin in some places. Open sores dot its hide and a feral, catlike head glances with it's blank eyes at the wall in front of it.
Initiative:[roll2]

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 04:27 PM
(Sorry for all that...my map for this part is starting to get fleshed out, and I just wanted to see what this human is about...I don't know if I can beat that initiative though...here we go)

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 04:34 PM
Assuming I go first because of the initiative modifier:

Coreone charges the beast with his longspear (would that put me at B3 or B4, or do I get to choose? if I get to choose, I would like to be at B3).

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

if crit threat (crit at 20/x3):
attack [roll2]
damage [roll3]

AC 14 until next round, HP at 8.

theterran
2010-02-17, 04:58 PM
The beast disappears.

The human steps into E3 and an array of color washes over you.

Will Save plz.

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 05:00 PM
Will Save (please!) [roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-02-17, 05:07 PM
I am assuming that made it (if not, I may have tangled with the wrong human...).

I drop the longspear, quick draw the greatsword, and charge at the human.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

crit rolls (crit range 19-20/x2)
attack [roll2]
damage [roll3]

Edited commentary: wow, if only those rolls were reversed...

theterran
2010-02-18, 07:21 AM
Pass, Miss,

He begins casting another spell. Take your AoO.

If it misses
A wave of color washes over you and you need to make another will save

If the AoO Hits:
[roll0]
If this passes, see the above spoiler.

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 08:04 AM
I swing the mighty greatsword...

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

crit check
attack [roll2]
damage [roll3]

theterran
2010-02-18, 08:25 AM
He falls down.

150XP, Chain Shirt, Longsword.

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 09:50 AM
Nice! A chain shirt wearing spellcaster. Did he have a spellbook on him (just hoping...it's a wizard's dream treasure, you know :smallbiggrin:).

Was that beast a silent image? That was pretty cool. I have to admit I was totally fooled. Will post next actions shortly, once I figure out what I want to do with the chain shirt and sword...

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 10:15 AM
Ok, Coreone wears the chain shirt, puts the leather armor and the longsword on the ground for now (after relieving the corpse of it), and studies the two doors (E3, E4) for traps. I also check the north wall at E1, all taking 20.

Clarification: I had seen earlier there's a bull's eye painted on the floor outside the door (actually, my may shows it to be one block south of this door, so I'm expecting to see a door outside the south door right now. I figure that's either for a trap from here, the south wall, or the ceiling. That's why I'm checking E1 (but it's likely to be nothing since it would hit the human if I triggered it outside :smallbiggrin:). Ok, returning now to Coreone.

...Then, I listen through the door at E4. Assuming all is safe, I have the backpack on the floor, open the door, and check to see what's on the other side.

theterran
2010-02-18, 11:42 AM
There are doors at A2, E3, and E4 South.

You're looking at the south door, you find nothing.

Opening the south door you see a bulls eye painted on the ground just outside the room.

The hallway runs for 45ft west before turning south, and there is a north split at 35ft.
The hallway runs east for 5ft before turning north.

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 11:47 AM
I look up, across on the wall and on the floor, to see if there's anything that could be the reason for the big bull's eye (search, take 20).

theterran
2010-02-18, 11:49 AM
You find nothing but a bulls eye...and some wall.

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 12:02 PM
I will try the east door. Assuming my search (door, floor in front of the door, and floor and wall outside the door) yields nothing, I look out, and proceed, if possible, north and west, searching the walls (take 10) and floor and prodding with my longspear, until I get to that note I passed earlier, which my map is indicating as just south of the intersection my intuition says I can get to from here.

If the note does not say anything about the route between this room and the kobold room having a problem, I then grab the leather armor and longsword, bring them to the kobold room, and drop them there with the other stuff I left there.

Finally, in the kobold room, I search the door to the south for traps, listen through the door, and (hearing nothing) open the door. If nothing is still happening, I close the door, and do the same to the door at the east (search, listen, open).

That bull's eye is going to nag at me all day...just like the big chest.

theterran
2010-02-18, 12:12 PM
Alright, I think either your map is a bit messed up, or I put you in the wrong place. You are currently south east of the starting room. Assuming you're coming.

This is what you have explored thus far looking at the notes.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5340/mapqm.png

(edit) The big chest room is not on that map, #5 is the kobold room and the big chest room is at the bend in that north/south hallway 10ft west of the kobold room.

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 12:21 PM
Actually, after fixing my map (after seeing the bull's eye when I had expected double doors), I think our map matchs up now (I do know south of room 6, if I go west, loop south and come back east, I'll see a pit eventually (stepped into it...luckily I made the roll).

Technically I don't know this, but I inferred from the map if I go out the east door and go north, it "should" turn me east and north again until I get to that intersection. I gave my intentions based on that assumption, and obvious any deviation from what I expected would mean I have to rethink Coreone's next moves.

Earlier, you mentioned a big blue note south, and I assumed it was somewhere on the wall south of that interaction, which meant I'll get to it before I get to the intersection. If I guessed correctly, then this path I just walked will connect me between rooms 5 and 6, and I'll move the spare stuff (leather armor, longsword) from room 5 to room 6, and see what's outside the other two doors in that room. I thought it was east and south. But, in looking at your map, I think it was east and north. If that's indeed the case, I'll check the north door first, followed by the east.

Of course, all this might change after I read what's on the large blue note.

theterran
2010-02-18, 12:28 PM
Hang on, I'll get you to the blue card and guide you from there.

Leaving the east door, you go north 10ft and turn east.

The hallway east is 20ft long, with a door 15ft down the hall on the south side. Bypassing the door you go 20ft and turn north. 5ft in front of you is the blue card. :smallwink:

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 12:39 PM
I will read the pretty blue card :smallbiggrin:

theterran
2010-02-18, 12:45 PM
The card reads:

“Burn Me for Help in Times of Trouble” written on them in common.

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 12:50 PM
"Cool," mutters Coreone to himself as he tucks it into his pocket. "How long does it take to make a fire with flint and steel? I'm liable to be dead before I get it lit. Still..."

Coreone goes back to that door he passed a moment ago (Coreone is now very eager to get to level two...hope it doesn't get him killed). He sets the backpack down, readies his longspear for action, and opens the door.

theterran
2010-02-18, 01:04 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3||||1|
4|||||
5||||| [/table]
There is a door at B5, which you are just outside of, and another at B1. There is an orc in the middle of the room. It holds a Ripper and wears a chainmail, as well as a pair of goggles.
Initiative:[roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 01:26 PM
Initiative [roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 01:30 PM
Coreone drops the longspear, quickdraws the greatsword, and charges the orc!

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

crit check:
attack [roll2]
damage [roll3]

AC 16 until next action

theterran
2010-02-18, 01:32 PM
the orc falls

150xp, chainmail, ripper, sundark goggles.

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 01:44 PM
What's a ripper?

theterran
2010-02-18, 01:49 PM
It's in the planar handbook...it's almost exactly like a greatsword, except it does Piercing Damage, and costs 5gp more, and weighs 9lbs.

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 02:07 PM
I'm beginning to appreciate the difficulties of lugging stuff around. I find a way to carry the ripper on my back so that I can draw either one. I relieve the corpse of the chainmail but leave it on the ground.

Now, (I think I had come in at the door at B1) I go to the south door (B5) and examine and listen through the door. If nothing's there, I leave the backpack on the ground at B5 and open the door.

Note: without the backpack I am at 54lb - getting close to the medium load.

theterran
2010-02-18, 02:09 PM
Opening the door, you see the hallway runs east and west further than you can see with your light.

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 02:41 PM
"Hmm, what to do, what to do..." Coreone thought to himself. With his backpack in toll, he works his way back to the door leading to the Big Chest room. From there, he proceeds 30' west, and then, with the longspear leading the way and keeping an eye out for traps (search, take 10, prodding the floor as he goes), he goes north and east, and continues from there, wandering through the halls until he chances upon a crossroads or a door.

theterran
2010-02-18, 02:46 PM
As you turn the corner heading north (before the turn back east) you see a door directly ahead of you (In the turn east) upon reaching the door, you see a red note card hanging from the wall 10ft away in the bend where the hallway again turns north.

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 02:57 PM
I try to read the red card, moving forward most carefully (longspear leading and searching as I go) until I can actually read what it says.

theterran
2010-02-18, 03:00 PM
You read the red card...

"BOOM"

Force [roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 03:04 PM
That was funny and annoying all at the same time! Coreone is now regretting he wasn't born a cleric with persisted lesser vigor. He takes a moment to uncork and drink from a cure light wound potion

[roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 03:06 PM
"Wow, that was just what the healer ordered!" Coreone said to himself. Feeling at full strength and ready to take on the world, he heads back to the door, he sets down the backpack, readies the longsword and opens the door.

theterran
2010-02-18, 03:09 PM
Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_
1||||||
2||||||
3||||1||
4||||||[/table]
There are doors at A3 and F4 south.
In the room is a gray wrinkled humanoid, crawling low with claws extending from it's hands.

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 03:36 PM
Eew...

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 03:39 PM
Alright! S.O.P. (don't fail me now): I drop the longspear, grab my greatsword, and charge!

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

crit check (19-20/x2)
attack [roll2]
damage [roll3]

AC 16 until next turn

theterran
2010-02-18, 03:46 PM
Hit.

It attacks you with both its claws.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 03:53 PM
Bad claw, bad claw! I wonder if I should've done a power attack...I attack again:

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

crit check
attack [roll2]
damage [roll3]

AC at 18 again (wish I didn't charge that first round now)

theterran
2010-02-18, 04:05 PM
Miss.

2 claw

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

(edit) plz roll the crit

VinGoodman
2010-02-18, 04:20 PM
Do we have to? I'm down! (-1)

VinGoodman
2010-02-19, 01:17 AM
I assume this means Coreone is now a gone. May he rest in peace.

theterran
2010-02-19, 07:15 AM
Yep, he's dead.

Look at the bright side though, you've got the 1st floor mapped at least in part.