PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] spells/psi powers to repair objects

Hand of Vecna
2010-02-01, 03:41 PM
Ahoy-hoy!

Aside from mending, are there any spells or psionic powers that can repair objects? I've found several that can repair constructs, but not, say, a stone wall, or a sundered sword.

Douglas
2010-02-01, 03:48 PM
Make Whole.

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-01, 03:59 PM
Animate objects and psionic/repair damage. Also, fabricate. Limited/wish, bend reality/reality revision, and miracle should also do it.

Sallera
2010-02-01, 04:45 PM
And technically Rebirth of Iron, if it's rusted.

Hand of Vecna
2010-02-01, 05:07 PM
Animate objects and psionic/repair damage.
I'd thought that, too, though it does seem a roundabout way to do it. And I wouldn't think it would work with something broken into two or more pieces -- the animate object would just give you two animated objects/constructs, not one broken/damaged one that you could then repair.

Make Whole.

Also, fabricate
Any suggestions on guidelines for those spells? Restores X hp/caster level? Restores Y points of hardness per caster level?

Limited/wish, bend reality/reality revision, and miracle should also do it.
Those spells/powers should be able to do the job, sure, but I'd prefer to not have to resort to something that high a level (or XP costly) when my psion or wizard needs to fix a hole in their tower's wall after the a bunch of goblins (or the Kool-Aid Man) busts through ;)

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-01, 06:05 PM
XP costs for spells are actually fairly low. The XP cost for Limited Wish? You should be getting more than that every encounter. The cost for an actual Wish spell? 3 encounters, tops.

Real men use Truenamers to repair their weapons. It stimulates the economy and makes people feel useful.

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-01, 07:47 PM
I'd thought that, too, though it does seem a roundabout way to do it. And I wouldn't think it would work with something broken into two or more pieces -- the animate object would just give you two animated objects/constructs, not one broken/damaged one that you could then repair.Depends on if they're cracked (and thus broken) or if they're in multiple pieces. If it's the latter, then probably not.

Any suggestions on guidelines for those spells? Restores X hp/caster level? Restores Y points of hardness per caster level?So long as you make the Craft check (and you have enough mass you can affect with the spell or power), you restore it to full hp automatically.

Those spells/powers should be able to do the job, sure, but I'd prefer to not have to resort to something that high a level (or XP costly) when my psion or wizard needs to fix a hole in their tower's wall after the a bunch of goblins (or the Kool-Aid Man) busts through ;)As was mentioned, 500 xp really isn't that much when you reach that point. If you're 1 level behind the group (say, 200 XP behind), you'll be getting a ton of XP from your next level-appropriate encounter, meaning you could even end up being a bit ahead of everyone else.

Also, the Item Crafting feats allow you to repair a heavily damaged (to the point of destroyed) magic item for 1/2 its original cost.