PDA

View Full Version : Question about Spell Storing weapons (3.5)

Harperfan7
2010-02-02, 02:31 AM
Can a weapon have spell storing twice or more?

So a +1 Spellstoring (ISW), Spellstoring (Contagion) longsword?

Signmaker
2010-02-02, 02:35 AM

So a +1 Spellstoring (ISW), Spellstoring (Contagion) longsword?

I don't believe I've seen anything to the contrary, except for possibly the fact that since Spellstoring doesn't have a specific spell initially attached to it, it might not work via stacking rules.

Edit: Also, inb4spellstoringarrows.

Splendor
2010-02-02, 04:52 AM
Well while there isn't a rule against enchanting a weapon with the same enchantment twice. There is a rule with regards to spells that may be applicable. When you cast the same spell on a person it's effects do not stack. You can't cast bull's strength or Mage armor and have its effect stack. Thus I would say that you can't enchant a sword with the flaming enchantment twice. However you can enchant a sword with flaming and with frost (which never made sense to me either)....

However feel free to ask your DM if you could make a more powerful enchantment (+2) that would allow you to hold two spells in a spell storing weapon.

Killer Angel
2010-02-02, 05:27 AM

I don't think you can.
in the Table: Melee Weapon Special Abilities (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Magic_Weapons#Table:_Melee_Weapon_Special_Abil ities), the 5th note (regarding random generation of a weapon's abilities) specifies that you cannot have a duplicated special ability.

The same is said for ranged weapons, so, by RAW, it seems not possible.

Harperfan7
2010-02-02, 06:12 AM
I was afraid not. Thanks for the help.