PDA

View Full Version : whoops

god666LOLLIRONY
2010-02-02, 03:03 AM
Sorry, ignore accidental thread doppleganging. :(

Killer Angel
2010-02-02, 03:23 AM
...and here I was, hoping in a funny story about some critical fumble... :smallfrown:

Simba
2010-02-02, 03:59 AM
Yeah, same for me.

pffh
2010-02-02, 04:20 AM
We can turn it into one. Here I'll start with a short one.

Our party was traveling through a swamp hunting down a hydra that had been terrorizing the local farms for some time. We finally come to a particulary deep spot in the swamp which we suspected to be the hydras lair, oh did I mention that I was playing a compulsive skinny dipper cleric and have to make a will save not to skinny dip in any body of water that's deeper then waist deep. I roll my will save and 1, my dm rules that because we know that the hydra is in there I get a second roll, another 1.
My cleric takes off his armor, neatly folds his clothes and dives in and appearantly hydras do not like 100kg hairy naked men jumping into their lair.

Killer Angel
2010-02-02, 06:35 AM
Back in the days of AD&D, there was this fighter, with a fireball (10d6) stored in an arrow; the group was in a dense forest with animated branches trying to hit'em, and the guy wanted to shoot the arrow at the distant enemy.
I informed him that it was a dangerous move, but he insisted.
Needless to say, he rolled a 1... :smallbiggrin:

Cyrion
2010-02-02, 10:36 AM
A friend was playing a knife thrower of high skill and was trying to impress one of the women in the party. Somehow, he convinced her to hold her hand up against the wall (real-life critical success on the bluff check!) and then promptly rolled a critical failure on the to-hit roll to get the knife between her fingers.