PDA

View Full Version : High Level 3.5

Jair Barik
2010-02-02, 04:23 AM
It is a dark and stormy night. The room sways back and forth and rain splatters on the windowsill. You are in a small wooden room and acutely aware of four other five other such rooms close at hand, one empty the other four with complete strangers in them. Apparently you are all very good at what it is you do. Apparently that is. For this reason you have been evacuated from the capital city of Verros, no questions asked, past deeds exonerated and a nice 1,000 gold pieces sitting heavy in the bottom of your bag.

The reason for the evacuation is unclear but the jist seems to be something like this. Something big is coming, something evil, sonmething that can swat heroes such as yourselves with its little finger without breaking a sweat. Apparently the High Council think it would be best to keep the nations most powerful warriors on retainer until such a time as they can determine how best to stop the threat.

And that is why you are on a dank and foul smelling boat. It was the first available vessel out and certainly not your first choice. They have however let any animals you might have aboard, which is always a big plus (even if you have no animals). How much sleep you are getting hardly matters as even those in the deepest slumber are awoken by the sudden thud as the boat nearly tilts 90 degress to the side before stabalising. In the aftermath of this sudden jolt though there seems to be an eery stillness. Nothing moves and there is shouting from the crew above. Perhaps it is time to prove your worth already...

Superglucose
2010-02-02, 04:36 AM
Master Arathan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=130427)

Irelis Arathan woke up with a start from his nap, or rather, his short trance, before the sudden turning of the boat toppled him from his hammock to the floor. "Hmmm... I sincerely doubt that the wind would make something like that happen. Better get going then!" Arathan immediately heads up the ladder to get above deck to see what he's fighting.

Admiral Squish
2010-02-02, 04:54 AM
Gorus, the Bear (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=181822)

"Hoy... Und dis is vy I hate de boats..." gorus muttered irritably as he sat up from his new resting place at the joint of wall and floor. He threw open his door and stomped toward the main deck. His large musular frame balooned as he reached the door, coarse black fur spreading over him until he was fully changed, a massive man-bear in a breastplate as he took his first step onto the deck.

Narazil
2010-02-02, 05:36 AM
Drassik Metos (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=181750)

At least they let me keep my bird.
With the boat suddenly almost flipping, Drassik woke with a shock. He hated being interrupted in his sleep. Though he hardly needed it, it was still nice to get at least a little shut-eye. Or at least fake it.
Before going upstairs, Drassik figured correct preparations were in order. Mumbling words of the arcane and doing some lazy hand-waving, he conjured up a spell.
Mumbling under his breath, he ascended the ladder. A medium built humanoid stepped unto the deck.
He was wearing a deep red robe, simple yet tasteful in design. Beautiful jewellery adorned his fingers, neck and forehead.
Long jetblack hair flickered in the wind, flowing over his rather plain face - plain for a Tiefling, anyway. His eyes were alight with the colour of fire, two small horns sprung from his forehead, twisting upwards and back to his hairline. His hands were covered with thick leather gloves.
Two small pouches hang from his belt, and a small raven sat on his shoulder.
"What now?"

Casting Overland Flight. 14 hours remaining.

Tanaric
2010-02-02, 11:54 AM
Elath Aleld (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=34300)

If Elath cannot have his all day stuff up, I will take a few moments to do the following now:

Cast Suffer the Flesh, +5 caster level for one turn, taking 10 con damage.
Cast Create Magic Tattoo, +1 caster level version.
Activate Bead of Karma, giving me +4 caster level for ten minutes.
Cast Anticipate Teleportation. This will detect any creature using a (Teleportation) effect to end within 65 feet of me, and delay their arrival by one round. I am aware of where they will arrive, and can act freely in the delayed round.
Cast Superior Resistance, giving me +6 to my saves.
Cast Greater Magic Weapon on my armor spikes, turning them into +3 armor spikes. From here on out, they will be constantly used as a +3 AC bonus unless otherwise noted.
Cast Adept Spirit, but leave it unactivated for now.
Heal the con damage with some uses of my wand of lesser restoration, using only as many as necessary:[roll0]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

If Elath could have these up already, as per his daily routine, we'll skip this part.

Notes for easy going:Elath automatically gets a spellcraft roll to note any casting within 60 feet, per his ring of spell-battle. He does not need to be able to see or hear the casting to do this. In addition, once per day he can redirect a cast spell to a valid target within 60 feet.

I can Abrupt Jaunt in response to an attack three times per day. To avoid my using metagame knowledge with this, I suggest using spoilered attack rolls against me until those uses are gone. That way I can decide whether or not to AJ before seeing the results.

"I do hope that wasn't Niak stepping over the railing," Elath murmurs, finishing his hasty preparations. "I don't believe I ever taught him to swim."

Deciding against taking on one of the more defensive forms known to him, Elath instead opens to the door to his cabin and makes his way to the deck, calling Thiril to him as he goes. With any luck, the massive bear would be able to find his way without too much trouble. Niak, Elath decided, would likely cause too much trouble simply by shifting his great bulk around, if he hadn't already. His companions simply weren't built for life aboard a ship, and that was that.

I'm not really clear on how big the ship is, so I'm forgoing calling the Huge-sized, 8 ton creature in until I'm sure there's room. Can't go without the intelligent bear, though. :smallsmile:

Also, if Thiril gets to Elath before anything goes terribly wrong, Elath will give him a Greater Magic Fang (Claws), for a +4 enhancement bonus on his claw attacks.

ColonelFuster
2010-02-02, 12:02 PM
Flannagan Blackhall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=182191)

Blackhall was used to being the cause of panic, not the recipient of it. Being on a ship for the first time was bad enough, but having it roll about like this?
"Come on then, let's see what it was," he says as he puts on his boots and cloak.
"Ooo, I hope it's a sea monster."
"And keep quiet, you. I don't need the whole crew knowing you're more valuable than your gold trim. Let's say we're sneaking, in a sense."
"You're the boss."
As a second thought, Blackhall took a small piece of leather out of his haversack and tied it around his forearm, then unsheathed a small, black, curved dagger from some hidden place in the back of his armor. He crept quietly to the ladder, waited for everyone else to ascend it, and peeked out at what was there.

Jair Barik
2010-02-02, 12:48 PM
OOC: Magic weapon cannot be used to give yourself an AC bonus. t specifically states it is only enhancement bonus to hit and damage.

IC....

You all emerge up onto the ships deck to find it relatively still. The shouts of a few seconds ago have fallen into an eerie silence and the deck is full of the withered husks of the dead crew members. Some were armed others trying to do things about the ship but all of them lie dead, their bodies devoid of any marks.

The night sky is dark and there are no stars above the ship. The cause of the movement stopping is unclear but out of nowhere a loud snide voice speaks to you out of the shadows.

"Well its about time you were turning up... I thought the party would be finishing with no fun at all. The appetiser was such a disappointment and all of the livestock was tucked away downstairs. It would be quite problomatic to get at it without making a mess you know...."

Tanaric
2010-02-02, 12:55 PM
OOC: My armor spikes have the Defending property. I can allocate their enhancement bonus to AC as a free action. If you rule that Magic Weapon doesn't actually give things an enhancement bonus, I'd like to change the armor spikes to something else before they get used.

Superglucose
2010-02-02, 12:59 PM
Indeed I can see that. With a swish of his hand, Arathan prepares for battle.

ooc:

Whelp, I think it's initiative time.
First as an immediate action, Nerveskitter
Initiative!: [roll0]

Jair Barik
2010-02-02, 01:33 PM
Initiative order
Arathan
???
Everyone else

OOC: Ruling the magic weapon bonus cannot be used to produce AC, replace the spikes if you want.

[roll0] Gorus
[roll1] Drassik
[roll2] Elath
[roll3] Flannagan

[roll4] MASD
[roll5] GO1
[roll6] GO2

Tanaric
2010-02-02, 02:00 PM
OOC:Changes: Armor spikes dropped, dropped one wilding clasp. Changed to +1 Animated Heavy Wooden Shield, with a Lesser Crystal of Arrow Deflection.

Superglucose
2010-02-02, 02:08 PM
Arathan looks up and realizes that he can't see what he's up against... but that it is quite large and clearly must be dangerous; after all, it killed so many so quickly. After some chanting the edges of where he is appear to blur ever so slightly, and then with a dismissive wave of his other hand several copies of him appear. Mr. Metos or Mr. Aleld, if you would be so kind as to provide illumination I will gladly sequester this creature.

Cast Displacement and Greater Mirror Image [roll0], meanwhile looking up at the behemoth

Jair Barik
2010-02-02, 02:36 PM
There is a coarse laugh. "My my that is problematic..."

A few syllables of coarse ancient draconic crack and fill the air. The duplicates vanish and Elath feels his defences wane. (Mirror image and anticipate teleport dispelled).

"Wait a minute? No it really isn't a problem at all."

Elath recognises the spell as Dispel magic. Furthermore he is certain he can identify the creature from these facts he has so far seen if he could only see it first.

(Initiative: the rest of the party feel free to post your actions in any order but order actions happen is... Drassik, Gorus, Flannegan, Elath)

[roll0] v C18 Superior Resistance
[roll1] v C13 Anticipate Teleportation
[roll2] v C13 Create Magic Tattoo
[roll3] v C13 Adept Spirit

[roll4] v C14 Greater Mirror Image
[roll5] v C14 Displacement

Tanaric
2010-02-02, 02:44 PM
OOC:Interjection: Did I hear anything, directionwise?

Attempted pinpoint on casting, possibly to redirect the dispel.

[roll0] <- Apparently I stuck a thunderstone in my ear.

Tanaric
2010-02-02, 03:20 PM
Elath

"Thiril, do you remember our last night encounter? Do the same!" Elath calls as a way of summoning his companion. His form begins to blur, silvery scales sprouting from his skin at a rapid pace. In Druidic, he shouts for Niak: "Scaled One, attend me! Defend he who defended you so long ago!"

Elath's robes and miscellaneous supplies meld into his new draconic body, leaving behind just his intricately carved wooden armor and his floating wooden shield, along with four thin golden chains. Directing his new senses toward the location of the voice, he attempts to discern the form of his foe.

Dragon Wildshape into a Young Silver Dragon. I retain all of its abilities save for Spellcasting and it's Spell-like abilities. The retained abilities include all immunities of the Dragon type, along with Blindsense 60ft and Darkvision 60ft. If he detects anything, he will shout its location to the rest (pinpoint but total concealment if they can't see it). If not, he will fly toward the mast/rigging and attempt to find the creature that way.

I have +12 natural armor in this form.

This is, of course, subject to nobody else finding the enemy before Elath's turn.

Superglucose
2010-02-02, 03:28 PM
Ummm...

1) according to those rolls Displacement is still up. DC is 25 to bring it down (11 + CL)
2) Area Dispel targets the highest level effect first and if that succeeds it stops.
"For each creature within the area that is the subject of one or more spells, you make a dispel check against the spell with the highest caster level. If that check fails, you make dispel checks against progressively weaker spells until you dispel one spell"

So is he targeting me, quickening, or area dispelling? Or is it chained?

In any case my mirror images poof

Also I think that with my +31 to spellcraft I auto-identify the spell being cast...

Why didn't I take Extraordinary Spell Aim?

Admiral Squish
2010-02-02, 05:27 PM
Gorus growls, peering into the darkness in all directions. His senses were not the sharpest, but he lowered his stance, focusing his power into his claws, making them bigger, longer, sharper. He kept his eyes peeled, ready to move as soon as he spotted a target.

That's activating morphic weapons, so my claws deal 3d6 each now. Also, readied action to move within 15 feet of my enemy when he reveals himself.

Narazil
2010-02-02, 05:50 PM
"Such insurgence!"
Drassik hurls himself upwards, making for the skies. He snaps off lightning sharp hand movements, and bellows his arcane words.

Erh. Nerveskitter. My Init is +11. :smallsigh:
Moving 20' directly upwards.
Casting Arcane Sight. I always share buffs with Corax, obviously.
Spot check: [roll0]
Corax' spot check: [roll1]

Tanaric
2010-02-02, 06:18 PM
OOC:Not to be a party-pooper, but ascending with a fly/overland flight spell is half speed, which would end up being 20 feet up.

I think people hate flight rules almost as much as grappling. :smalltongue:

Narazil
2010-02-02, 06:45 PM
OOC:

That's what I wrote. :smallredface:

Tanaric
2010-02-02, 06:46 PM
OOC:Sure it is. :smallwink: I'll just go replace my contacts... must be seeing things.

:smalltongue:

Jair Barik
2010-02-03, 07:11 AM
OOC: Okay then. Lets asume that you took first initiative, flew directly upwards and were thus out of the dispels effect (forgot you had an enchant on you that could be poofed)

IC...

The mages arcane sight reveals that on the other side of the large masts sail there is a faint aura of Conjuration and a faint aura of illusion. It also reveals your fellow party members various magics.

Gorus grows more wild but can still not see anything to attack.

(waiting on the colonel before you shift Tanaric)

ColonelFuster
2010-02-03, 06:17 PM
Blackhall stays hidden and casts Ebon Eyes, just in case magical darkness is being used. He then uses his hide in plain sight ability to sneak about the deck, staying on the opposite side from where everyone else is. (Doing nothing else but sneaking, I can move 30 feet in one round.)

rolls: hide [roll0]
move silently [roll1]

Tanaric
2010-02-03, 08:03 PM
In the event that it is magical darkness, Elath will first attempt to identify the effect via Spellcraft, DC 20+spell level.

[roll0]

Jair Barik
2010-02-04, 04:24 AM
Blackhalls vision pierces the darkness to reveal!... oh wait its just not a very stary sky after all. Well... hopefully as they are trying to be sneaky his boots won't be making snarky comments about the results of that...

Elath also gains similar results, unable to detect any magical darkness above him. As he transforms into a dragon though his blindsense goes off, telling him there is something large directly behind the sail.

Initiative Drassik and Arathan

Tanaric
2010-02-04, 10:42 AM
Elath will use his flight speed to gain line of sight to the creature first. With 150 feet of (poor manueverability) movement, he should be able to sweep around the side of the sails.

He will, of course, shout out the location of the creature to everyone.

Jair Barik
2010-02-04, 12:07 PM
You fly around the sail in a great arc, the sail of the boat quickly is no longer an issue. However there doesn't appear to be anything on the other side... This side of the sail is just as bare as the other. Your movements though do allow you to spot a very big octopus in the water, that appears to be holding the boat still.

Superglucose
2010-02-04, 12:14 PM
No torches? Arathan asked, shrugging.

Arathan will delay.

Admiral Squish
2010-02-04, 12:18 PM
Gorus leaps into the air, his cape unfurling into a huge set of bat wings, carrying his massive body up and up in a tight spiral before swooping out to the other side of the sail.

That's a double move to fourty feet up and fourty feet towards the other side of the sail on my wings of flying.

Tanaric
2010-02-04, 12:39 PM
You said Elath knew what this creature was, right?

"Bother. This is slightly more inconvenient than I was expecting," Elath murmurs to himself. "Would anyone be terribly concerned if it suddenly got very, very cold for a while?" he shouts to everyone.

Planning on casting Blizzard for total whiteout, then Freedom of Movement + blindsense to find everything around here. There will be lots of accompanying snow. I'll dismiss it once everything is located, unless anyone has objections.

Superglucose
2010-02-04, 12:41 PM
Well I'm blind enough as it is, so a bit more won't make much of a difference.

Narazil
2010-02-04, 12:57 PM
Drassik moves straight towards the source of the Conjuration aura. If he can make it in time and still have time for a spell, he lets one off.

Hokay. If Drassik obtains LOS with a creature, I'd like to know what it is, and how intelligent it is.
If it's somewhat intelligent (read: If Drassik knows Hideous Laughter will affect it), I cast Heigtened Hideous Laughter (assuming I'm within 60 ft) - DC 26 Will Save (probably gets +4) or go prone, laugh and lose all actions for 14 rounds.
If its a stupid creature, Drassik simply casts Disintegrate. 240 feet of range should do it.

Relevant rolls:
Knowledge: Arcana [roll0]
Knowledge: The Planes [roll1]
Knowledge: Dungeoneering [roll2]
Spellcraft: [roll3]

Disintegrate:
Attack Roll: [roll4]
Fail Fort save of DC 24: [roll5] Damage
Makes save: [roll6] Damage

Jair Barik
2010-02-04, 02:05 PM
Drassik makes it near enough to his goal but cannot see anything there. He does however spot a giant ocyopus (a stupid lumbering creature) that appears to be grappling the boat and promptly fires a ray from his fingertips turning the stupid brute into a pile of dust. The boat tips slightly and is now at a steady (though slightly unnatural) angle, evidently something is holding onto the other side of the boat too.

With a deafening roar the entire party realises that somewhere there is a dragon close at hand. Master Arathan, Gorus and Flannagan quiver in fear but Drassik and Meteos are made of sterner stuff (unless you have an item/ability that says otherwise Arathan is shaken for 15 rounds, Gorus for 22 and Flannagan 10).

Drassik is not however made of sturdier stuff than some of his companions and his robes are suddenly rippied upon as numerous cuts and incisions appear upon his body in one great bloody mess (62 damage). He feels something forceful knock past his body as the pain of his injuries fire through his body.

Everyone feels the boat shake violently beneath their feet.

@Drassik only
The auras have moved out to the deck directly behind the rest of the party.

@Elath only
Your blindsense detects a large creature fly into Drassik then hit the deck directly behind the rest of the party. Clearly you are dealing with a dragon here and your prior contemplations suddenly strike you with the answer. This is undoubtably a Shadow Dragon. A mysterious and wholly evil beast that can vanish from sight so long as it has even the slightest of shadows to hide within

Initiative Gorus, Flannegan, Elath+Arathan whenever he feels like it. Those who have posted actions yet to occur may opt to change them in light of recent events.

[roll0] Fort save

Attacks
[roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4]
[roll5] [roll6]
[roll7] [roll8]
[roll9] [roll10]
[roll11] [roll12]

Fear DC26
[roll13] [roll14] Master Arathan
[roll15] [roll16] Gorus Khavu
[roll17] [roll18] Drassik Metos
[roll19] [roll20] Elath Aleld
[roll21] [roll22] Flannagan Blackhall

Tanaric
2010-02-04, 02:33 PM
J.B.:I take it my Knowledge (Acana) roll applied, not something else? It's relevant, since I need to know what the bonus I get from Knowledge Devotion is.

Does a shadow dragon have any non-standard dragon immunities that Elath knows of?

"Shadow dragon!" Elath shouts, trying to make his own voice heard over the tumult. "Directly behind you!"

Narazil
2010-02-04, 02:45 PM
Guess who's dancing with me in an AMZ within the next 6 seconds. :smallbiggrin:

Superglucose
2010-02-04, 03:07 PM
Master Arathan, Gorus and Flannagan quiver in fear(unless you have an item/ability that says otherwise Arathan is shaken for 15 rounds, Gorus for 22 and Flannagan 10).

Arathan again says, Did no one think to bring a light? and then sighs, and casts Solid Fog between him and the sound of the roar and shakily walks into it.

Tanaric
2010-02-04, 03:09 PM
J.B.:You said the creature was Large-sized, correct?

Edit: Turn changed based on intended AMF use, ignore this.On his turn, Elath will fly above the fog, right at to the edge of where his blindsense picks up the dragon, and cast Fell Drained Spiritjaws at it. He has line of effect through the fog, and his blindsense should reveal it's location even if his eyes don't.

Should the jaws succeed on a grapple, Elath will inform the others.

Attack: [roll0] for [roll1] damage, and one negative level if it takes any damage.

If that hits, free action grapple: [roll2]

Niak and Thiril should arrive on this turn, correct?

Jair Barik
2010-02-04, 03:13 PM
Whilst attempting to cast his spell Arathan feels great boney teeth pierce his shoulder from behind and his focus slips and he loses the spell (14 damage)

[roll0] [roll1] AoO

Concentration check [roll2] DC+14+damage taken

OOC: Touch attack or what on the spirit jaws? Also do you need to concentrate to continue the grapple or not?

Tanaric
2010-02-04, 03:18 PM
Standard attack, I believe. It makes no mention of it being a touch attack.

The jaws last for 1 round/level, no concentration. I can direct them to grapple for damage or a pin as I see fit as a free action. On subsequent rounds, they will get 2 attacks, since my BAB allows for that.

Tanaric
2010-02-04, 03:59 PM
On his turn, Elath will fly to the edge of where his blindsense picks up the shadow dragon's presence, and casts Kelpstrand at it.

Note that Kelpstrand is a Conjuration (Creation) effect. It does not go away in an AMF.

Six strands of kelp shoot out from (insert appropriate spellcasting appendage for dragons here) toward the shadow dragon, attempting to entangle it.

Ranged touch attacks:
1: [roll0]
2: [roll1]
3: [roll2]
4: [roll3]
5: [roll4]
6: [roll5]

For any that hit, grapple checks when the dragon tries to escape:
1: [roll6]
2: [roll7]
3: [roll8]
4: [roll9]
5: [roll10]
6: [roll11]

Rather than strength and size mods, I add my caster level (18) and wisdom modifier (8) to these rolls, if you were wondering where the bonuses came from.

If the ocean floor is 300 feet or less deep at this point (hah, not likely) all grapple checks get a +4 bonus.

Also, note on kelpstrand grapples: Each round, the target can attempt to escape the kelpstrand by making a successful grapple or Escape Artist check against the kelpstrand’s grapple check. You are not considered grappling yourself while using this spell.

A creature targeted with multiple kelpstrands has to make separate grapple or Escape Artist checks against each kelpstrand currently grappling it to escape.

Edit, JB:Assuming that the knowledge roll was one that got a 24, all of those attack rolls should get a +2 from Knowledge Devotion.

Admiral Squish
2010-02-06, 08:53 AM
Gorus shudders, trying to shake off the uncomfortable sensation that washed over him, leaping up into the air, still trying to figure out just where this enemy IS.

Double move, straight up, still trying to figure out what the crap is going on. That's 60 feet of elevation.

ColonelFuster
2010-02-06, 05:09 PM
Blackhall waits in the shadows the required three turns of study for a death attack unless it is hinted that the dragon can see him.

Jair Barik
2010-02-07, 03:46 AM
Gorus flies up high into the air and Blackhall begins to stufy the elusive opponent, aided by three strands of kelp wrapping themselves about it to make its position more obvioius. Of the siz one fliew wide and five seem to get a grip only to have two of their number ripped off of the invisible adversary. Its hard to tell (not being able to see it) but Blackhall is pretty sure the beast is yet t notice him.

Initiative-Drassik and Arathan

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Tanaric
2010-02-08, 12:12 AM
OOC note:The dragon doesn't get an opposed grapple immediately. He has to take an action on his turn to do that. For each RTA that hit, he is grappled by one kelpstrand until he breaks free of them.

Which means, unless I miss my mark on what happened completely, he should be grappled by five strands currently, not three.

Superglucose
2010-02-08, 12:16 AM
Assuming I can pinpoint him using the kelp (which your description made it sound like):

Hmmmm Arathan said to himself, Let's see what I can pull off, shall we? Two rays of light lance from his palm towards the Dragon.

Split Ray Empowered Enervation
Ray 1:
Touch Attack:[roll0]
Negative Levels:[roll1]*1.5 (4)
Miss Chance (1 misses):[roll2]

Ray 2:
Touch Attack:[roll3]
Negative Levels:[roll4]*1.5 (1)
Miss Chance (1 misses):[roll5]

Jair Barik
2010-02-08, 06:20 AM
Two beams of negative energy fly towards the mass of kepl but before they make contact both seem to fizzle out as if hitting some impenetrable barrier.

OOC:One of the strands missed due to concealment. The remaining five hit but two of them failed the opposed grapple check required to make a hold on their target.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tanaric
2010-02-08, 03:08 PM
Ah, right. I should have known the 38s wouldn't cut it. Don't mind me. :smalltongue:

Narazil
2010-02-09, 03:31 PM
Drassik Metos

OOC:

Okay, so I'm a bit confused as to people's positions at the moment.

Having nothing which would be able to penetrate the Dragon's defences, Drassik focuses on whatever's holding the boat on the other side instead.
He moves at full speed towards it, hoping to get a glance at it. If he is, he lets off another beam of energy.

Move towards the other side of the boat. If Drassik can get within range of whatever's holding it (and within 60 ft), Drassik let's off a Empowered Maximized Ray of Enfeeblement (16 Strength Damage)
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]

Jair Barik
2010-02-09, 04:00 PM
Drassik flies over to the other side of the boat and hits a second octopus with his spell. Its numerous limbs weakened it falls into the sea realising its hold upon the boat. The boat rocks suddenly and begins to move onwards, the wind in its sails now propelling it rapidly forwards with the hold upon it released (at the moment the speed it is moving isn't enough to leave fliers behind but it may soon get to be that way).

Out of the entalged mass a cloud of shadows billows forth over the head of the unseen Blackhall and beneath the flying Gorus, but it hits both Elath and the Draconic Arathan who fail to see it coming and feel weak in their limbs (4 negative levels bestowed on each of you).

Initiative to the party, same order as before but feel free to post your actions before your turn.

Arathan[roll0]
Elath [roll1]

Map roughly how things are. Colour by speech

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/dragonhunter55/map1-1.png

Admiral Squish
2010-02-09, 10:43 PM
Gorus roars with pent-up fury, the entangled opponent visible now. He tucks his wings and dives, his massive claws stretching forward beyond what should be natural reach to strike at the invisible foe.

That's entering rage and making a Dive attack for double damage with claws. Razorclaw elite lets me make both claw attacks on a charge. Power attacking for five. I'm fifteen feet away from the dragon, thanks to morphic reach.

concealment: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Concealment: [roll3]
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

And if those both hit, I can rend
[roll6]

And why the heck not, I'll make a grapple check to get ahold of the beastie if a claw hits.
[roll7]

DAMN but that was a lot of rolls.

Jair Barik
2010-02-11, 02:27 PM
Gorus dive bombs the creature and, despite not being able to see it, strikes twice feeling its scaled skin beneath his attack. However despite feeling himself hit the creature he doesn't seem to draw blood in the process.

Superglucose
2010-02-11, 02:56 PM
Out of the entalged mass a cloud of shadows billows forth over the head of the unseen Blackhall and beneath the flying Gorus, but it hits both Elath and the Draconic Arathan who fail to see it coming and feel weak in their limbs (4 negative levels bestowed on each of you).

Erm, is this a spell or an attack? It actually matters very much for me.

EDIT: Because depending on the spell/attack, I have possible options.

Jair Barik
2010-02-11, 02:59 PM
OOC: neither. You didn't hear any spell words and it isn't an 'attack.' If you must know its a supernatural effect (though technically your character wouldn't be aware of this) Also if you are thnking about using reactive warding you can't under these circumstances anyway. The action made against you was completed before you were aware of it (the description specifically says you must be able to see the action being prepared, the given examples being seeing a wizard begin casting their spell or a warrior begin his charge. If I'm not mistaken this also means the ability doesn't work if you are flat footed)

if you have some other ability you can use to protect yourself feel free to do so.

Superglucose
2010-02-11, 03:07 PM
Knowledge Arcana: [roll0]
What kind of dragon has a supernatural negative level effect, and what other abilities would it have?

Also, now that it's pinpointed, Solid Fog around it.

None of you has access to a Daylight spell?

Tanaric
2010-02-12, 04:11 PM
Elath drops to the deck, taking [roll0] falling damage. He then casts Freedom of Movement on Thiril, and, after shouting out the location of the dragon once more, orders both bear and lizard to attack.

Thiril will charge through the solid fog unhindered and make a claw attack. Niak can't get close enough to attack while the fog is there, and will move ten feet into it.

Free action to cease flying, standard to cast FoM, move to handle Wild Cohort, free to handle Thiril.

Charging bear claw attack!

[roll1] for [roll2]

If it hits, he gets a free grapple attempt: [roll3]

Also, the dragon is still grappled with two strands of kelp, correct?

Thiril (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=34309) and Niak (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=34310), as requested.

Jair Barik
2010-02-12, 06:29 PM
((Yes it is still grappled))

Solid fog forms around the kelp and Thiril charges his foe. Wether or not his attack succeeds or not is unkown as none can see into the fog barrier (unless someone can that is).

[roll0]

Tanaric
2010-02-12, 06:30 PM
I have blindsense. I should be able to "see" what happens, no? At least in general terms?

If not, Empathic Link. Thiril relays the success or failure to me.

Jair Barik
2010-02-14, 03:29 AM
bump. Am waiting on some people.

Superglucose
2010-02-14, 04:21 AM
I move into a position where I can cast Haste on all visible members of the party. Then I cast Haste, in case it wasn't obvious :smallwink:

Narazil
2010-02-14, 07:38 AM
This is going to hurt.

Drassik lets off a spell, then bee-lines towards the Dragon.

Anti-Magic Field, shaped with a hole in the middle, so Drassik isn't effected. He tries to dodge his party members with the effect, if possible.

Jair Barik
2010-02-14, 01:12 PM
((Assuming for the minute that Fuster continues to prep his assasination attempt. Can be retconned if necessary))

Arathan, Drassik and Elath's spells all go off swimmingly the combat... less so. Using his blindsense Elath can see his bear swing completely wide as the foe wriggles its way out of all but one of the remaining kelp that manages to keep its grip. Drassik makes for the creature but is greatly slowed when he reaches the fog which is already starting to spread outwards. The boat tips slightly but by now you are all used to it. Rain is starting to lash down upon you though and the natural sea fog prevents anyone from seeing where the boat is actually headed.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Jair Barik
2010-02-17, 12:38 PM
The ship suddenly explodes in a crash of splinters. You are hurled everywhere some of you hitting slabs of stone, others crashing face down into piles of sand. It seems as though everyone but Blackhall has made it though. the crafty assasin nowhere to be seen. Behind you you can see the remenants of the ship strewn about or sinking backwards into the sea. The kelp strands are nowhere to be found but it doesn't seem as though any imminent threat is attacking you.

Looking up you find yourselves upon a sandy beach, half shrouded in mist with a downpour of rain all about you and what appears to be a jungle up ahead.

Superglucose
2010-02-17, 12:47 PM
... well phooey. Can I go retcon a spell to Daylight then? Or what does it take to research a Daylight spell? :smalltongue:

Jair Barik
2010-02-17, 01:03 PM
OOC:Daylight is of course a lvl 3 druid spell you know...

Superglucose
2010-02-17, 01:33 PM
Shhhhh :smallbiggrin:

(Divine casters don't exist!)

Admiral Squish
2010-02-17, 03:08 PM
Gorus goes airborne, but manages to get his bearing and catch himself before faceplanting on the rocks with his cape, powerful flaps stirring up the sand as he lowers himself to his massive, clawed feet on the rock, surveying the area around them.

Jair Barik
2010-02-17, 04:49 PM
Gorus' flight allows him a better view of the jungle but his vision is still severely limited by the thick fog. It would appear that there may be some smoke a little further along down the coast to your left but otherwise the jungle fans out and onwards as far as the eye can see.

Admiral Squish
2010-02-19, 08:24 PM
Gorus circles over the wreckage slowly, his massive bear-body supported on tremendous bat wings. He could check out the smoke later, he needed to know now whether he was alone or not. "HOY! Iz anyvone still alive!?" He called several times as he coasted over the beach scanning the shore and seas below for anything that looked like a survivor.

Jair Barik
2010-02-20, 10:58 AM
Gorus can make out both wizards and the druid alongside the druids companions. He cannot make out any other survivors or the creature that attacked the boat amongst the wreckage though. Out of the corner of his eye though he swears that he sees something looking out of the trees before quickly vanishing back into them to his left.

Superglucose
2010-02-21, 11:50 PM
So what happened?

Tanaric
2010-02-22, 04:33 AM
"Nnngh..." Elath groans, shaking his scaled head to clear the sudden fog. Perhaps landing on the deck at that moment wasn't the best of ideas.

Pressing a clawed forepaw to his bruised jaw, he mends his minor wounds with a brief burst of energy, then works his way toward the others, followed by Niak and Thiril.

"Is everyone alright? I lost many of my most potent spells to that dragon's attacks, but I can still provide aid if needed. If not, might I suggest we take cover sooner rather than later? I don't fancy the idea of having more of my life sapped away tonight."

He considers for a moment, then blurs, body shrinking and shortening, growing dark wings of membrane and bone, silver scales replacing themselves with shadowy duplicates.

"On second thought, perhaps better to just be immune to such unpleasantries entirely." He fades into the surrounding darkness.

A casting Lesser Vigor for the patching up, unless something happens to disrupt us before fifteen rounds elapse.

Dragon Wildshape into the oldest Shadow Dragon I can at the moment (don't have books handy, but it gets me immunity to energy drain and the Shadow Blend ability at the least.)

Incidentally, does Blindsense pick anything up?

Jair Barik
2010-02-22, 08:02 AM
OOC:Blindsense is drawing blanks, as in nothing unusual detected in your 60ft. I should point out as well that even though your new shape grants immunity to the dragons breath weapon your current negative levels remain.

Superglucose
2010-02-22, 12:03 PM
I think we should find somewhere to sleep for the night, Arathan says, so that we can rest up.