PDA

View Full Version : ToS Exhibition: Sign/Terran

Signmaker
2010-02-02, 07:43 AM
Preferred Map? Buff rounds? Etc?

theterran
2010-02-02, 07:48 AM
What ever you need to thoroughly test your character works for me. :smallwink:

I'm still working out some kinks in my guys (mostly monetary)...so keep that in mind. :smallwink:

Signmaker
2010-02-02, 07:49 AM
What ever you need to thoroughly test your character works for me. :smallwink:

I'm still working out some kinks in my guys (mostly monetary)...so keep that in mind. :smallwink:

That's fine. I'm open for any map, and I think 3 buff rounds should work pretty well for what I've got in mind. Happen to know any new maps of interest?

Edit: how about this one?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/Kyeudo/WallArena.jpg

theterran
2010-02-02, 07:56 AM
That works, you wanna start North / South or East / West?

And is that 3 rounds + all-days, or just 3 rounds?

Signmaker
2010-02-02, 08:14 AM
That works, you wanna start North / South or East / West?

And is that 3 rounds + all-days, or just 3 rounds?

+ All-days, and I'll take North/South.

Buffs(OO)

Multiday

Extended Create Magic Tattoo (+1 CL), Bead of Karma, Sonorous Hum, Harmonic Chorus. Follow up with:
Angel Down Extended Righteous Aura (Self + Familiar)
Angel Down Extended Greater Anticipate Teleportation On buff list, but pending query for actual use. Ignore.
Angel Down Extended Superior Resistance (Self + Familiar)
Substitute Domain (Knowledge->???) Incomplete. Ignore.
Extended Primal Instinct
Nystul's Magic Aura on all gear.
Extended Phantom Steed

Today
Bead of Karma, Sonorous Hum, Harmonic Chorus prep.
Power Stone - ML 17 Inertial Armor
Imbue Familiar With Spell Ability
Scroll of Mind Blank (Self + Familiar)

Rounds:
1. Power Stone - Schism, Dimension Jumper (Self + Familiar). Familiar casts Divine Agility on me.
2. Scroll of Greater Arcane Sight, Schism'd Silent Stilled Battlemagic Perception, Spellcaster's Bane. Familiar casts Recitation.
3. Eyes of the Oracle (Self + Familiar), Schism'd Power Stone - ML17 Defensive Precognition. Familiar casts True Seeing on me as well as Nerveskitter. Familiar readies a Silent Stilled Wall of Light should an aggressive enemy appear within LoS, while I ready a Wall of Stone based on the same parameters.

I'll take A13, my Ice Mephit familiar B14.
Additionally, I start off the fight humming, which you hear North-side (cause I really don't care.)

Perception forms:
True Seeing

Initiative:
[roll0]

theterran
2010-02-02, 08:35 AM
I guess that makes me south then.
Y14

Buffs (OO)

All Day - Superior Resistance, Greater Mage Armor

Rounds:
{table]Round|Standard|Swift
1|Karma Beads|Spellcaster's Bane
2|Arcane Spellsurge|Conviction
3|Silent Karmic Backlash|Eyes of the Oracle[/table]

Ready Reciprocal Gyre if he LOE / LOS established.

Perception forms:
Mindsight 100ft.

Initiative (can't win)

Signmaker
2010-02-02, 08:42 AM
Me and my familiar (atop a Phantom Steed) gallop to R8/S9.

Me and my familiar manifest augmented Synchronicity. Schism readies an action to Silent Stilled Wall of Light should LoS be established with enemy. I ready an action to Fell Drain Magic Misisle should LoS be established. Familiar readies an action to Moon Bolt should LoS be established.

I should probably let you know now, I can detect spellcasting within 100 feet via Battlemagic Perception. Just fyi.

And that should conclude my turn. Lemme know when we get LoS, as I think we've got too many hard corners in the way at the moment.

theterran
2010-02-02, 09:02 AM
I'm not familiar with BattleMagic Perception, what book might it be in? (And does it allow for you to ID spells, or just realize that someone is casting?)

Signmaker
2010-02-02, 09:06 AM
I'm not familiar with BattleMagic Perception, what book might it be in? (And does it allow for you to ID spells, or just realize that someone is casting?)

Heroes of Battle. It only works with LoE. Of course, as long as I hear your casting I can ID it anyway, so eh. Additionally, I've got a Ring of Spellbattle which doesn't require LoS/LoE at 60 feet.

Also, my Spellcraft checks are +25. I'd hope I ID your spells.

Extra edit: Also, if I have LoS I also know the caster level.

theterran
2010-02-02, 09:14 AM
Sweet, I'm gonna have to look those up :smallsmile:

Also, with the Ring, do you even have to hear it, or not?

OO
Swift Cast Spell Resistance, Silent Cast Sheltered Vitality

Oracle Ready a Reciprocal Gyre on LoE/LoS

If you have to hear:
You hear me cast Spell Resistance.

If you don't have to hear.
You hear me cast Spell Resistance, and you just know that Sheltered Vitality was also cast

Still no LoS / LoE

You're up.

Signmaker
2010-02-02, 09:23 AM
The ring doesn't require any visual or verbal hints, no.

My floating readied action triggers. Scroll casting of Srinshee's Spell Shift, if you can make the DC24 check or whatnot.

Now on with my turn.

Me and my familiar manifest augmented Synchronicity. Schism readies an action to Silent Stilled Wall of Light should LoS be established with enemy. I ready an action to Rapid Fell Drain Hail of Stone should LoS be established. Familiar readies an action to Moon Bolt should LoS be established.

Move to U12[]V13, which should trigger LoS. Lemme know if you've got anything, cause I sure do. =P

theterran
2010-02-02, 09:26 AM
Yep...you moving into LoE/LoS triggers a ready action...:smallwink:

How many spells / spell-like abilities do you currently have effecting you?

Signmaker
2010-02-02, 09:34 AM
A good dozen or so. Are you casting something?

Regardless, I've also got actions that trigger on LoS.

1. You've been Rapid Fell Drained Hail of Stone'd for [roll0] damage + 1 negative level. I'm no longer under the effect of Eyes of the Oracle.

2. A wall of what appears to be opaque light extends from W12-W15, which disrupts your LoS. That doesn't block your spell, but that's okay because:

If I'm allowed to spellcraft:
I auto-succeed. You hit yourself with whatever you're trying to hit me with.

theterran
2010-02-02, 09:38 AM
...so I'm guessing your stuff goes off first then? :smallconfused:

Signmaker
2010-02-02, 09:39 AM
...so I'm guessing your stuff goes off first then? :smallconfused:

I'm assuming it's simultaneous, but I don't actually know. Regardless, can I spellcraft?

theterran
2010-02-02, 09:44 AM
Yep...so it bounces back at me...

dealing me [roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

And I need 2 Will Saves from you.

And what on earth turned it back on me, if you don't mind me asking? :smallsmile:

Signmaker
2010-02-02, 09:47 AM
Yep...so it bounces back at me...

dealing me [roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

And I need 2 Will Saves from you.

And what on earth turned it back on me, if you don't mind me asking? :smallsmile:

Ring of Spell-battle, and what for? If they're spells/powers I'd like to know what they are, especially since I have more actions left. Essentially, anything you do that can be prematurely detected I need to know you're at least attempting, even if I can't identify it. If it's a whiplash effect from something you already have, make the distinction clear.

theterran
2010-02-02, 09:57 AM
Ring of Spell-battle, and what for? If they're spells/powers I'd like to know what they are, especially since I have more actions left. Essentially, anything you do that can be prematurely detected I need to know you're at least attempting, even if I can't identify it. If it's a whiplash effect from something you already have, make the distinction clear.

It's a whiplash effect from something already present, sorry :smallredface:

(edit)

And I only need 1 Will Save...sorry.

Signmaker
2010-02-02, 10:01 AM
[roll0]

Wellllp. I end my turn, assuming nothing else happens.

Edit: What are you again? I happen to be an old human on top of a Phantom Steed with my trusty Ice Mephit.

theterran
2010-02-02, 10:05 AM
I'm an old Kobold...:smallsmile:

What's your Int score btw...Mindsight and all :smallsmile:

Signmaker
2010-02-02, 10:06 AM
Eighteen. My Ice Mephit's is 6.

theterran
2010-02-02, 10:19 AM
How tall is this opaque wall?

Signmaker
2010-02-02, 10:20 AM
How tall is this opaque wall?

30 feet tall.

theterran
2010-02-02, 10:27 AM
30 feet tall.

Is the ceiling over 30ft tall? :smallconfused:

Signmaker
2010-02-02, 10:28 AM
If you want it to be.

theterran
2010-02-02, 10:37 AM
:smallsigh:

I cast Eyes of the Oracle.

Then Cast fly, but you hear no sound.

Then I fly east out of LoS.

OO:
Ending in V24. Ready an action to cast Wings of Force if he comes within 30ft.

Your go.

Signmaker
2010-02-04, 01:18 AM
Wizards manifests Synchronicity. Schism readies a Dimension Jump teleport should an offensive spell be identified that the wizard cannot Wings of Cover. Wizard readies a scroll of Disjunction upon establishing LoS. Familiar readies an action to Magic Missile should LoS be established and the Wizard gives the OK.

Move to N24[]O25. Anything happen, or can I finish my turn?

theterran
2010-02-04, 07:09 AM
I'm in V24, and you can finish...:smallconfused:

Signmaker
2010-02-04, 07:26 AM
You hear the wizard casting Disjunction off a scroll, followed by the familiar casting Magic Missile. Response, if any?

Signmaker
2010-02-04, 07:27 AM
[roll0] Caster Level check vs CL17

theterran
2010-02-04, 07:35 AM
Wings of Cover the Disjunction.

Signmaker
2010-02-04, 07:38 AM
As you're in 100 feet, counterspelled by burning a Wings of Cover as a free action, thus ending my Battlemagic Perception.

Edit: Never would I have thought I would have counterspelled a defensive spell with itself. That's just downright amusing.

theterran
2010-02-04, 07:39 AM
Looks like I get smacked by Disjunction and MM then...:smallconfused:

Signmaker
2010-02-04, 07:41 AM
Awesome. As it's a scroll, that'll be a DC23 Will save for your equipment, as well as [roll0] Force damage from my Ice Mephit.

theterran
2010-02-04, 07:45 AM
That should cover my Items...
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Do spells effecting me get the roll as well, or just the items?:smallconfused:

Signmaker
2010-02-04, 07:46 AM
For future reference, I wouldn't suggest trying WoC against Disjunction, as I can specifically use an area attack to instead bypass the WoC. Which, as disjunction already is an area attack, means that you would have been trapped regardless. WoC isn't really useful against area attacks, other than the +8 to reflex that it provides.

Edit: Spellbuffs are automatically dispelled, it is only your items that make the save.

Your equipment all seems fine.

theterran
2010-02-04, 07:47 AM
Well look at that...it is an area spell...:smalleek:

I thought it was targeted...

Signmaker
2010-02-04, 07:49 AM
Evil spell, it is. I wouldn't mind it being banned if we didn't have builds floating around with absurd caster levels that make it impossible to dispel otherwise.

And I'm done with my turn. Feel free to try and retaliate.

Moar Edit: I've found the first flaw in my idea; my familiar, while extremely versatile in action abuse, doesn't actually have much to DO with those actions, combat-wise. I'm going to have to fix that somehow, because as it stands the Mephit only makes a good buffer.

theterran
2010-02-04, 07:53 AM
:smallsigh:

Swift Action: Cast Spellcaster's Bane.

Standard Action: Spell Theft.

Dispel Rolls (if it actually gets through)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Signmaker
2010-02-04, 07:55 AM
Funny. Had I not just burned my BMP, I could have actually countered that Bane. Oh well. Wings of Cover the Theft. The Wings also block off my Mount and Familiar against your Spell Theft.

theterran
2010-02-04, 07:57 AM
Your go...

Signmaker
2010-02-04, 08:00 AM
Familiar readies an action to breath weapon if you approach within 10 feet

Wizard manifests Synchronicity, Schism casts a Silent Stilled Battlemagic Perception. Done.

theterran
2010-02-04, 08:01 AM
Move to within 30ft.

Cast Wings of Force.

[roll0] Reflex Halves

Signmaker
2010-02-04, 08:10 AM
Judging from the 30 feet remark, I'll assume you're talking about Wings of Flurry. Regardless, my readied action is to Fell Drain Magic Missile for [roll0] Force Damage + 1 Negative Level. For insurance I'll also cast Ruin Delver's Fortune to grant evasion. If you make the requisite Concentration check, here are the reflex saves:

Wizard: [roll1]
Familiar: [roll2]

Edit: DC27 then. Bear in mind the -2 from the two negative levels.

theterran
2010-02-04, 08:10 AM
The MM kills me.

Signmaker
2010-02-04, 08:12 AM
...wow. Didn't see that coming. I thought I was the only one silly enough to run a frail caster.

Good game. Did you like my Schrodinger's Wizard via Synchronicity and Battlemagic Perception?

theterran
2010-02-04, 08:13 AM
So...I'm guessing you were a Cerebramancer?

And it was rough...it appears that if you don't have a crazed action economy in ToS, you just won't make it.

Signmaker
2010-02-04, 08:18 AM
So...I'm guessing you were a Cerebramancer?

And it was rough...it appears that if you don't have a crazed action economy in ToS, you just won't make it.

Nope. I was actually a straight-up Mystic Theurge with UPD. That's why you only ever saw me manifest, like, four different powers.

And to be fair, my action economy setup was deliberately abusive. While I didn't have twinned synchronicity with anticipatory strike, I didn't really need it due to the fact that my synchronicity use was purely a counterattack mechanism. That, combined with Schism and Eyes of the Oracle, meant that I could more or less drain off my opponent's best spells with my own lower-levelled tricks (Wings of Cover+ Wall/Teleportation-based LoS disruption). Having a familiar that could also do things meant even more potential for counterattack setups.

theterran
2010-02-04, 08:20 AM
Where is Ice Mephit for a familiar? I was curious about that earlier and couldn't find it...though there are so many splat books to look through...:smallsigh:

Signmaker
2010-02-04, 08:21 AM
Improved Familiar feat. The Ice mephit is available via the DMG, but the other mephits were also open to taking since, I believe, Complete Arcane. I just happen to like the Ice Mephit for A. Charisma, B. Breath Weapon, and C. A single-use Magic Missile effect.

Signmaker
2010-02-04, 09:12 AM
Note: Apparently, I can't counterspell Wings of Cover with Wings of Cover, due to the wording of Counterspelling. Regardless, that doesn't affect the match, but let my mistake be recorded thusly.

theterran
2010-02-04, 09:56 AM
Yeah, it wouldn't have effected the outcome at all...since it was an area spell anyway.