PDA

View Full Version : Are we ever going to see this guy again?

Tyrrell
2010-02-02, 04:28 PM
The Hobgoblin supreme leader who never really was slain by Redcloak in 149 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0149.html). He looked like a throwaway joke at the time but the Giant has brought back similarly obscure plot elements (the black dragon's mother for instance).

Conuly
2010-02-02, 10:44 PM
Well, that's another possible way for the new nation to fall - The Real Supreme Leader (having all the actual tools for the job) Is Having His Own Resistance Right Now.

Crosswinds
2010-02-02, 11:05 PM
Well, that's another possible way for the new nation to fall - The Real Supreme Leader (having all the actual tools for the job) Is Having His Own Resistance Right Now.

And a single Slay Living spell can't fix that, how exactly?

I figure that the ex-Supreme Leader relinquished power peacefully, considering all the Hobbos recognized RC as the new leader despite the previous one never being killed.

(Or, he could've been killed off-panel or in the war. These are equally as plausible)

DBJack
2010-02-03, 02:23 AM
I always assumed that was Jirex. The supreme commander obviously stepped down to save his life, and I'm sure he had some valuable class levels to keep himself alive.

factotum
2010-02-03, 02:26 AM
Because, of course, Jirix is the only hobgoblin out of the entire 30,000 of them to have class levels... :smallsigh:

DBJack
2010-02-03, 03:14 AM
But he has high enough levels for Redcloak to use him as a personal servant, and he acts nervous around Redcloak when Redcloak gets annoyed around him. Eh, it made sense in my head

DukeGod
2010-02-03, 09:03 AM
But he has high enough levels for Redcloak to use him as a personal servant, and he acts nervous around Redcloak when Redcloak gets annoyed around him. Eh, it made sense in my head

he proved he can kill people who are not plot-relevant,wouldn't you act nervous when someone like that gets annoyed around you(probably not being plot-relevant?)?It's like making Xykon angry...except you get a Slay Living(and Create Undead probably) instead of Meteor Swam

ThePhantasm
2010-02-03, 02:49 PM
I kinda assumed it was Jirix too.

Xzeno
2010-02-03, 03:14 PM
Man, I thought this thread would be about That Guy With the Halberd.

I never thought about that guy. I assume he became some sort of government official under Redcloak. That or he died.

t3h l3g1t m4g3
2010-02-03, 06:01 PM
I think Redcloak killed him. Either that, or like Crosswinds said, he stepped down peacefully.

Dr.Epic
2010-02-03, 11:36 PM
The Hobgoblin supreme leader who never really was slain by Redcloak in 149 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0149.html). He looked like a throwaway joke at the time but the Giant has brought back similarly obscure plot elements (the black dragon's mother for instance).

(a) It was a on time joke I don't think we should take too seriously.

(b) The black dragon lead to V getting some serious character development (not to mention his attack on Xykon that also changed other aspects of the plot).

licoot
2010-02-04, 03:59 PM
He probably just disappeared into the background to save his own life.

Eladrinblade
2010-02-06, 04:46 AM
Once you take off the supreme leadership stuff, he looks like any other cleric.