PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e] 1/day Items

Vikazc
2010-02-02, 06:21 PM
Is it possible to use more then one 1/day of the same type? Same slot?

For example, the Amber Amulet of Vermin series. Summons a specific type of vermin once per day. Could you carry 3 of a certain variety and use them once each per day? What about 3 of different types and rotating them out?

I was unable to find any official rule on this, sorry if I overlooked it somewhere.

Kyrthain
2010-02-02, 06:33 PM
Based on your example, you're talking about 3.5. You can use any number of per day items per day. You can't, however, wear 2 items of the same slot at once, so you'll have to swap amulets as you need them. Otherwise, you're golden :smallsmile:

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-02, 06:35 PM
Many items with per-day limits specify that you have to wear it for a full day before you can use it, making what you describe impossible.

Anything that doesn't state that? Go ahead.

Tao the Ninja
2010-02-02, 06:36 PM
Based on your example, you're talking about 3.5. You can use any number of per day items per day. You can't, however, wear 2 items of the same slot at once, so you'll have to swap amulets as you need them. Otherwise, you're golden :smallsmile:

Actually, not necissarily. You can wear more than one, only one is active at a time (see ring description). If you have a nice DM, you could say "ok, now amulet #2 is my active one". Okay, maybe that's a stret.ch

FishAreWet
2010-02-02, 06:38 PM
Ask your DM to pay x2.5 for more times per day. Or extrapolate from Custom Magical Items rules.

Vikazc
2010-02-02, 06:44 PM
I do want to keep them as the original 1/day items. The Amulets of Vermin have a few different types availible and I'd like to have some variety for different situations. Giant Wasp if I want flying, Large Scorpion for hittin things, a Giant Stag bettle to batter down doors, that sort of thing.

Theres nothing in the description about attuning so it sounds like I should be good. They are gonna be my 4th level beguilers combat effectiveness for a while lol.