PDA

View Full Version : Help for a Friend of mine.

Volkov
2010-02-02, 07:50 PM
The Friend who was the Lich Cleric of Vecna in my obscenely powerful party is going to do a little One off fight against an even more obscenely powerful Half-Fiend, Half Axiomatic Human Cleric of Hextor, used by a Player in a campaign of the Kobold Rogue's. The story is that the Cleric of Hextor has conquered his Home universe in the name of Lawful Evilness, and has invaded the material plane of the Lich, who similarly has conquered his home universe for his Dark Master. While their respective lords clash, the Two Clerics will duel to the death.

The Lich is level 180, But the other Cleric has reached level 200. I do not have the Character sheets of either, but I do know that my Friends liked to optimize a lot. While the Lich prefers obscene numbers of undead, the Cleric prefers using outsiders.

So can you help me help him? If possible, give a general strategy, assume that neither sides will resort to Epic magic mitigation DC or metamagic cheese. From what I can tell, both plan to make extensive (ab)use of minionmancy. It's essentially One Evil Overlord vs Another Evil Overlord in an Eviler than Thou contest that would make the blood war seem like a small skirmish.

Optimystik
2010-02-02, 07:54 PM
The Lich is level 180, But the other Cleric has reached level 200.
If possible, give a round by round strategy

Wait, what?

AirGuitarGod, is that you?

Volkov
2010-02-02, 07:55 PM
Wait, what?

AirGuitarGod, is that you?

No it is not. Sorry, but I do get comments as to how utterly ridiculous the Campaign's of the group I used to play with have become.

Wings of Peace
2010-02-02, 08:16 PM
So can you help me help him? If possible, give a general strategy, assume that neither sides will resort to Epic magic mitigation DC or metamagic cheese.

A.) Why would they even NEED metamagic cheese at that level?

B.) See A. but change subject to Epic Spell mitigation.

C.) Why aren't they capable of one shotting each other at that point?

Shadowbane
2010-02-02, 08:36 PM
...Can I see the character sheets? I doubt I can come up with ANYTHING, but I suppose I can try.

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-02-02, 08:43 PM
So can you help me help him? If possible, give a general strategy

Called shot to the balls.

Shadowbane
2010-02-02, 09:01 PM
Called shot to the balls.

I lol'd. Seriously though, gonna need those sheets.

Volkov
2010-02-02, 09:13 PM
A.) Why would they even NEED metamagic cheese at that level?

B.) See A. but change subject to Epic Spell mitigation.

C.) Why aren't they capable of one shotting each other at that point?

One Has a Con score so ridiculous that it'd make the tarrasque blush, the other has no con-score at all.

SurlySeraph
2010-02-02, 09:55 PM
At that level, the rules are worthless. To determine the winner, have them stand in the middle of the room holding their character sheets and kick them in the groin. The first one who drops his sheet loses, and his character's soul is devoured by the winner.

Shpadoinkle
2010-02-02, 10:34 PM
At that level, the rules are worthless. To determine the winner, have them stand in the middle of the room holding their character sheets and kick them in the groin. The first one who drops his sheet loses, and his character's soul is devoured by the winner.

Pretty much. It'd be more satisfying to watch, and probably more satisfying fr the persons in volved, as well, because they won't have to spend an hour doing math problems and triple-checking thier character's inventories to resolve a single action.

frogspawner
2010-02-03, 03:21 AM
To decide it with one combat trivializes what should be an epic campaign!

God-like creatures fight via their mortal minions, not directly. So...

These main characters should retire from the scene as background demi-gods, and let the players roll up new 1st-level minions of one side or the other, then adventure together at normal levels for a year or two. After that, swap over - roll up new 1st-levellers for the other side and play them for the same amount of time.

Whichever team gets to the higher levels gains the 'upper hand' for their evil master.

Kaun
2010-02-03, 05:32 AM
To decide it with one combat trivializes what should be an epic campaign!

God-like creatures fight via their mortal minions, not directly. So...

These main characters should retire from the scene as background demi-gods, and let the players roll up new 1st-level minions of one side or the other, then adventure together at normal levels for a year or two. After that, swap over - roll up new 1st-levellers for the other side and play them for the same amount of time.

Whichever team gets to the higher levels gains the 'upper hand' for their evil master.

why spend 4 years solving something that can be done with half an hours worth of nutt kicking?

Grumman
2010-02-03, 05:53 AM
So can you help me help him?
I can recommend a psychologist, if you like.

frogspawner
2010-02-03, 06:16 AM
These main characters should retire from the scene as background demi-gods, and let the players roll up new 1st-level minions...why spend 4 years solving something that can be done with half an hours worth of nutt kicking?
They might like to play D&D for a change... :smallwink:

I can recommend a psychologist, if you like. LOL :smallbiggrin:

Optimystik
2010-02-03, 07:25 AM
why spend 4 years solving something that can be done with half an hours worth of nutt kicking?

Hear, hear!