PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Help a Brother out!

jtk310
2010-02-03, 12:03 AM
So, here I am, minding my own business, when I narrowly survive a fight with a dastardly villian and one-time friend. So, what is a Wizard(8) to do when locked in a dungeon? Mouth is free, but my character is bound, normally not a problem, but wizards and their spellbooks... Oh well, on the bright side, I have 2 levels to play with thanks to some massive xp, but since I am such a nub at this game, I was hoping for some advice on things like where I should put these 2 levels to help with my... predicament. :smallsmile:

Temotei
2010-02-03, 12:05 AM
You're bound and you have to find a way out? One way would be Still Spell.

jtk310
2010-02-03, 12:07 AM
I thought of that (or rather another person in the campaign suggested it) but I am a wizard and sadly have no spellbook. I am assuming I have to have it on me to prepare spells, although if that isn't a rule then I am home free!

Temotei
2010-02-03, 12:08 AM
I thought of that (or rather another person in the campaign suggested it) but I am a wizard and sadly have no spellbook. I am assuming I have to have it on me to prepare spells, although if that isn't a rule then I am home free!

Oh. No spells...err...Escape Artist check? :smallconfused:

I'm lost. Enter Playgrounders that know more.

Narazil
2010-02-03, 12:08 AM
You can only prepare Read Magic without a spell book, unless you took Spell Mastery (Chosen Spell), then you can prepare that as well.

Get Escape Artist as a class skill, pump it with ranks, pray it's enough and take 20.

Superglucose
2010-02-03, 12:09 AM
Put your levels in Wizard, at level 9 take the feat that lets you prep "Charm Person" or an equivalent without a spellbook, and at wizard 5 take Heighten Spell. Prepare Charm Person as a 5th level spell, and use it to make friends out of the guards. Convince them that you just need some "reading material" and point them towards your book... the average guard wouldn't have any idea what a "spellbook" is or isn't.

Then prep as normal, break out, and you're home free!

Narazil
2010-02-03, 12:10 AM
Put your levels in Wizard, at level 9 take the feat that lets you prep "Charm Person" or an equivalent without a spellbook, and at wizard 5 take Heighten Spell. Prepare Charm Person as a 5th level spell, and use it to make friends out of the guards. Convince them that you just need some "reading material" and point them towards your book... the average guard wouldn't have any idea what a "spellbook" is or isn't.

Then prep as normal, break out, and you're home free!

Oh yea, Wizard bonus feat. Get Spell Mastery (Teleport) and go to town? Literally.

Spell Mastery [Special]
Prerequisite

Wizard level 1st.
Benefit

Each time you take this feat, choose a number of spells equal to your Intelligence modifier that you already know. From that point on, you can prepare these spells without referring to a spellbook.
Normal

Without this feat, you must use a spellbook to prepare all your spells, except read magic.

jtk310
2010-02-03, 12:13 AM
Haha, going to town seems like a great idea. I am gonna try to implement some of this tomorrow night, figure something out. Thanks for the help everyone!