+6|
+3|-|+90 feet

10th|
+10|
+3|
+7|
+3|Archer's Focus|+100 feet[/table]

Prereq's:
Skills: Concentration 12 ranks, Spot 12 ranks.
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Far Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus (Any Ranged Weapon)

Hit Die: d8

Class Skills
The archers’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (geography) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex).

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Class Features

Range Increase: An archer can push ranges weapons beyond their normal limitations. Every level the archer takes in the archer class increases the range the weapon can be used to fire at by an additional 10 feet. 10 at first level, 20 at second and so on, and so on. This bonus only applies to the weapon with weapon focus the archer used to qualify for this class.

Dead Eye (Ex): When making a ranged attack with a weapon he has weapon focus with; the archer may add his dexterity bonus to the damage dealt. This ability can only be used with the weapon with weapon focus the archer used to qualify for this class.

Bonus Feat: At 2nd Level and every 3 levels thereafter the archer gains a bonus feat. This feat is chosen from the fighters bonus fighter feat list. An archer is considered a fighter of his character level for purpose of qualifying for these feats.

Melee Archer (Ex): An archer does not provoke an attack of opportunity when firing a ranged weapon into melee.

Uncanny Accuracy (Ex): An archer may spend a move equivilant action and make a concentration check with a DC equal to the targets armor class. If the check is successful, then for the remainder of the encounter any ranged attacks made with the weapon with weapon focus the archer used to enter this class against that target rolls against the targets touch AC. The archer may only have one enemy studied in such a way and doing so again before the previous target has been defeated, causes the archer to lose his focus on that atrget in favor of the new. This ability can only be used with the weapon with weapon focus the archer used to qualify for this class.

Archer’s Focus (Ex): When making a ranged attack; the archer does not automatically miss on a roll of 1. This ability can only be used with the weapon with weapon focus the archer used to qualify for this class.

Temotei
2010-02-03, 03:38 AM
Does the range increase ability apply only to maximum range, or is it range increments that are changed?

AustontheGreat1
2010-02-03, 03:45 AM
Does the range increase ability apply only to maximum range, or is it range increments that are changed?

Increments i believe. Wording was one of the things i was primarily looking for help on, most of the descriptions are awkward...

Temotei
2010-02-03, 03:47 AM
Increments i believe. Wording was one of the things i was primarily looking for help on, most of the descriptions are awkward...

Just know that increasing increments effectively increases range by 50 feet per 10 feet of increment increase (I think that's it), unless we're talking thrown weapons (we're not). :smallbiggrin:

Latronis
2010-02-03, 04:22 AM
Generic Archer Prestige Class O_o

Cataphract
2010-02-03, 06:15 AM
Considering that the fighter models archers just fine, let's set this aside and consider some things (also note you haven't added prereqs).

Uncanny Accuracy: I like the name, I dislike the mechanics. You didn't specify duration (if it was infinite it's uber), but you probably meant any attack at the following round. Instead, I think it's better to spend a move action to get the benefit for the round you do it in.

Uncanny Dodge: Hmm, Ok, I assume it's because of his superior senses, but still, I'd need more fluff.

Melee Archer: NO NO NO NO NO. Maybe Legolas could do it, maybe other classes might have it (I only remember the soulbow) but I hate it. This makes melee weapons redundant and it's plain uber (fluff-wise, not mechanics-wise)

Hide in Plain Sight (Ex): Hmm, why? Is he some kind of stealth-based guy? I thought he was just an archer. Also, assuming you need 5 levels of whatever to enter (since you haven't posted prereqs), an archer gets this at 11th level, and a ranger at 17th level. Even if you need 10 levels to enter this class (which I doubt), you still get it a full level earlier.

Dead Eye (Ex): Ok, looks nice, thought it might be abused, but still. Gives you some damage boost. At level 12, why not.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Same thoughts as above, still don't see the reason why?

Archer’s Focus (Ex): Nice capstone ability. However, if used with the first level ability, I'd think it's broken (effectively no arrow will miss).

Nero24200
2010-02-03, 06:16 AM
Looks goo so far, though I'd be tempted to add some of the ranged bonus feats from CW (the ones that let you pin or trip foes at range) and toss in a few other utility ranged abilities (like being able to deal non-lethal damage).

Generic Archer
2010-02-03, 07:12 AM
I like, just on principle.

That said the range increment increases seem to be a little over powered.

Dane

Tinydwarfman
2010-02-03, 08:22 AM
Wow, this is one flavorless class eh?
Still, nice mechanics. Solidly tier 4.
The first level ability is not very first level though. I suggest swapping it with dead eye.

AustontheGreat1
2010-02-03, 09:10 AM
Wow, this is one flavorless class eh?
Still, nice mechanics. Solidly tier 4.
The first level ability is not very first level though. I suggest swapping it with dead eye.

I believe i mentioned that "Generic"

Considering that the fighter models archers just fine, let's set this aside and consider some things (also note you haven't added prereqs).

Uncanny Accuracy: I like the name, I dislike the mechanics. You didn't specify duration (if it was infinite it's uber), but you probably meant any attack at the following round. Instead, I think it's better to spend a move action to get the benefit for the round you do it in.

Uncanny Dodge:Hmm, Ok, I assume it's because of his superior senses, but still, I'd need more fluff.

Melee Archer: NO NO NO NO NO. Maybe Legolas could do it, maybe other classes might have it (I only remember the soulbow) but I hate it. This makes melee weapons redundant and it's plain uber (fluff-wise, not mechanics-wise)

Hide in Plain Sight (Ex):Hmm, why? Is he some kind of stealth-based guy? I thought he was just an archer. Also, assuming you need 5 levels of whatever to enter (since you haven't posted prereqs), an archer gets this at 11th level, and a ranger at 17th level. Even if you need 10 levels to enter this class (which I doubt), you still get it a full level earlier.

Dead Eye (Ex): Ok, looks nice, thought it might be abused, but still. Gives you some damage boost. At level 12, why not.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Same thoughts as above, still don't see the reason why?

Archer’s Focus (Ex): Nice capstone ability. However, if used with the first level ability, I'd think it's broken (effectively no arrow will miss).

The non-bolded abilities were added to take up space, i have become afraid of dead levels because they are not well liked here.

About melee archer. im sorry? its a useful ability, and skrew legolas, just because i make an archer class does not mean that i worship the ground his girly elven feet walk on. In most cases, i despise elves. the only version of elves i appreciate are the Lorwyn elves. And i made this ability for my character and its an ability i would like him to have.

Tinydwarfman
2010-02-03, 09:16 AM
I believe i mentioned that "Generic"

I know you did, it's still funny though. Nice to see you used my advice:smallbiggrin:.

Also: Bolding text more than once doesn't make it any more bold:smalltongue:

AustontheGreat1
2010-02-03, 09:20 AM
I know you did, it's still funny though. Nice to see you used my advice:smallbiggrin:.

Also: Bolding text more than once doesn't make it any more bold:smalltongue:

I realize, i leaned on the mouse sfter typing it on accident and was too lazy to go back and fix it because it didnt really matter...:smallredface:

Cataphract
2010-02-03, 01:29 PM
The non-bolded abilities were added to take up space, i have become afraid of dead levels because they are not well liked here.

About melee archer. im sorry? its a useful ability, and skrew legolas, just because i make an archer class does not mean that i worship the ground his girly elven feet walk on. In most cases, i despise elves. the only version of elves i appreciate are the Lorwyn elves. And i made this ability for my character and its an ability i would like him to have.

Relax mate, I was just providing the only example of melee shot that I've seen (though I'm sure there are others).

Now I don't know how powerful it is though, I think other members are more qualified for that. I, however, wouldn't allow it simply because shooting a bow in close combat is nowhere as fast as a swing or strike, hence the AOO.

As for the non-bolded abilities, I think scrap them (especially Hide in Plain Sight, which with a good sneak attacker can be very, very powerful). What to replace them with- check out Initiate of the Bow, it's an archer-focused prestige class.

AustontheGreat1
2010-02-03, 04:04 PM
Relax mate, I was just providing the only example of melee shot that I've seen (though I'm sure there are others).

Now I don't know how powerful it is though, I think other members are more qualified for that. I, however, wouldn't allow it simply because shooting a bow in close combat is nowhere as fast as a swing or strike, hence the AOO.

As for the non-bolded abilities, I think scrap them (especially Hide in Plain Sight, which with a good sneak attacker can be very, very powerful). What to replace them with- check out Initiate of the Bow, it's an archer-focused prestige class.

I shall take your advice on the non-bolded abilities. maybe they will just be dead levels, most of the other abilities are pretty strong.

I understand what you mean about melee archer as well. but the idea is that (Despite the classes lack of flavor) he is so skilled a marksman that his use of a bow is as fast as a swing or a strike. and im sorry but that was one of the entire concept ideas for the class. that and the archer's focus thing, so id be really sad if it was removed.

Cataphract
2010-02-03, 04:14 PM
I shall take your advice on the non-bolded abilities. maybe they will just be dead levels, most of the other abilities are pretty strong.

I understand what you mean about melee archer as well. but the idea is that (Despite the classes lack of flavor) he is so skilled a marksman that his use of a bow is as fast as a swing or a strike. and im sorry but that was one of the entire concept ideas for the class. that and the archer's focus thing, so id be really sad if it was removed.

Hey, it's your game. You want to leave it on, you leave it on :smallbiggrin:

Two note: You keep mentioning "Weapon focus" etc but it's not a prereq for this class. Also, no fighter can enter at level 9 because neither spot nor concentration are class skills; he'd need to multiclass into another class that grants them, or get a feat or two to make them class skills (I think there is one).

And a consideration: You actually made Uncanny Accuracy even more powerful, as it now requires a move action instead of a full round action. And making it a touch AC means that somebody with the Power Attack equivalent for thrown weapons (I think Brutal throw, I'm not sure), it can be extremely abused.

AustontheGreat1
2010-02-04, 01:51 AM
Hey, it's your game. You want to leave it on, you leave it on :smallbiggrin:

Two note: You keep mentioning "Weapon focus" etc but it's not a prereq for this class. Also, no fighter can enter at level 9 because neither spot nor concentration are class skills; he'd need to multiclass into another class that grants them, or get a feat or two to make them class skills (I think there is one).

And a consideration: You actually made Uncanny Accuracy even more powerful, as it now requires a move action instead of a full round action. And making it a touch AC means that somebody with the Power Attack equivalent for thrown weapons (I think Brutal throw, I'm not sure), it can be extremely abused.

Your right, left out the weapon focus thing. its pretty important...

and i can live with uncanny accuracy being too powerful.

spot and concentration are class skills for rangers however, I guess those fighters can just suck eggs.