PDA

View Full Version : Camouflage

Levithix
2010-02-03, 03:47 AM
What is the easiest way to get camouflage or some other ability that lets you hide without cover?

The best I've found is getting it at level 8 scout.

Temotei
2010-02-03, 03:49 AM
What is the easiest way to get camouflage or some other ability that lets you hide without cover?

The best I've found is getting it at level 8 scout.

Shadowdancer characters get it at a minimum of level 8.

Invisibility? :smalltongue:

Levithix
2010-02-03, 03:52 AM
Invisibility leads to most npcs having see invis ...

Shadow Dancer, on the other hand, seems perfect.
Thanks!

Now just to find a way to be always in the shadows ...

Karen Lynn
2010-02-03, 03:52 AM
The Psionic power Chameleon comes to mind. It's first level for a psychic warrior. :smallbiggrin:

Temotei
2010-02-03, 04:08 AM
You can also (although you still need cover) use a Bluff check to distract for a moment, allowing you to get to a hiding spot, but you probably knew that already.

I bet you could hide behind an illusory wall. Technically, things can still hit you through it and everything...because it's not "real," but you're still pretty hidden.

Blinding creatures helps too.

Slayn82
2010-02-03, 06:56 AM
A simple cast of obscuring mist works like magic (pun intended) and at higher levels is actually BETTER than invisibility (because it BLOCKS True Seeing).

There are a few weapon enchantments to negate the penalties of the camouflage to your hit, so with some good gear you can actually sneak attack people while hiding in the mist and moving around them.

And of course, if you are silent enought, you can retreat from combat while the enemy keeps searching for you in the mist. A good flying familiar to give you eagleview of the area and find cover outside of the mist for you to hide is usefull.

And if you have a good hat of disguise, and a reasonable bluff/sense motive checks, you can possibly manage to force the enemies to infight.

Well, that one level dip on sorcerer isnt that bad idea for a creative rogue in core only campaigns, i can assure you.

Dyllan
2010-02-03, 07:06 AM
Invisibility leads to most npcs having see invis ...

Shadow Dancer, on the other hand, seems perfect.
Thanks!

Now just to find a way to be always in the shadows ...

With the Shadowdancer's Hide in Plain Sight ability, you just have to be within 10 feet of any shadow but your own. That doesn't restrict you from hiding in the shadows of your allies or even of the enemy you're fighting. So unless it's noon in an open plain, finding a shadow should be pretty easy.

Temotei
2010-02-03, 07:12 AM
With the Shadowdancer's Hide in Plain Sight ability, you just have to be within 10 feet of any shadow but your own. That doesn't restrict you from hiding in the shadows of your allies or even of the enemy you're fighting. So unless it's noon in an open plain, finding a shadow should be pretty easy.

Then you find some cheesy way to always have a shadow nearby...:smallamused:

Like creating a celestial body in the way of the sun.

Levithix
2010-02-03, 11:18 AM
My idea is for a Ghost Skulk rogue (in a gestalt game), I was going to add the dark template for hide in plain sight, but shadow dancer is so much tastier.

This is merely an alternate character for if my current character dies.