PDA

View Full Version : The Lucky Man...

quiet1mi
2010-02-03, 11:03 AM
I have been toying with the Ida of building a lucky character... that is a character with a lot of luck bonuses and luck feats... unfortunately I have hit a time crunch...

Any Ideas on what a luck based character would look like?

Killer Angel
2010-02-03, 11:09 AM
In any build, you must have at least one level of cleric, with the luck domain... :smallwink:

paddyfool
2010-02-03, 11:11 AM
There's a prestige class you may want to look at, called "Fortune's Friend". Alternatively, you could play a Factotum, and refluff his inspiration as luck...

EDIT: Also, you may want to see the Protected Destiny/Heroic Destiny feats from RoD.

Tyndmyr
2010-02-03, 12:01 PM
If arcane, I reccomend Fatespinner. Altering probability is sorta what he does, and even the prereqs sorta fit this concept(Profession: Gambler as an example).

Frosty
2010-02-03, 12:34 PM
Be Hafling and take the Luckstealer prestige class.

BenTheJester
2010-02-03, 05:58 PM
Cleric(with Luck domain)/Luckstealer is great indeed.

Melamoto
2010-02-03, 06:03 PM
Depending on how you want your luck to function, the Luck feats and Fortune's Friend PrC may be good. The basic concept is that Fortune's Friend improves your luck feats. Each luck feat allows you to reroll the dice in specific situations, and you may do this a number of times per day equal to the number of luck feats you have. This number is increased by Fortune's Friend levels.

Thurbane
2010-02-03, 09:28 PM
A Binder that Binds Balam get's to re-roll 1 save, attack or skill check every 5 rounds. 4 rounds if you take the Favored Vestige/Rapid Recovery feats.

You can bind Balam at 10th level (8th with the Improved Binding feat).

kvanever
2010-02-03, 09:48 PM
I think a Lucky guy might make a really funny recurring villain. Not particularly dangerous, but stupidly unkillable. It'd be a fun flavor character if he made his saving throws by tripping and having the Lightning Bolt shoot right over his head. The fighter stabs him and the tip gets stuck in his spellbook. (Maybe that's unlucky...)

It might be hard to keep up enough interesting explanations for his survival.

Xyk
2010-02-04, 12:07 AM
I think a Lucky guy might make a really funny recurring villain. Not particularly dangerous, but stupidly unkillable. It'd be a fun flavor character if he made his saving throws by tripping and having the Lightning Bolt shoot right over his head. The fighter stabs him and the tip gets stuck in his spellbook. (Maybe that's unlucky...)

It might be hard to keep up enough interesting explanations for his survival.

Call him Doctor Lucky as a reference to the cheapass game "Kill Doctor Lucky".