PDA

View Full Version : Karmic Spell[Feat]

Tavar
2010-02-03, 01:04 PM
Karmic Spell[Metamagic]
Prerequisites: None
Benefits: This spell can be applied to any non-personal spell. The next creature that hits you activates the spell. If the spell normally requires a ranged or normal touch attack to hit, then the spell acts as if it did hit. If the spell affects an area, the spell's originating point is in their square, or any intersection of their square. In any case, they much be affected, and are the primary target if one is required. They also may apply spell resistance, but do not get a reflex save if relevant. You may have a maximum of 1/2 [the ability modifier that determines bonus spells] Karmic Spells active at once, but each hit only activates the highest such spell active(in case of ties, roll to determine which triggers). Spells can be kept as Karmic spells for 1/min per level, or until dismissed.

Applying this feat causes the spell to use up a spell slot 1 level higher than normal.

What do you think of the feat? I was thinking about how the Karmic spells in the Complete Mage are interesting, and that you should be able to do something similar with other spells. The slot level increase is tentative; I don't think it can be abused as it stands, but I wanted some other's opinions.

DracoDei
2010-02-03, 01:08 PM
Specify you have to pick the casting stat for how you cast the spell (not that it will usually matter).

Eurus
2010-02-03, 01:10 PM
I could have sworn that there was a feat very similar to this already... Retributive Spell, or something. Anyway, looks good. How does it work with ranged touch spells, are they considered to automatically hit too?

Tavar
2010-02-03, 01:11 PM
Actually, you're right. Restated the restriction in a manner that will hopefully avoid confusion.

Ranged touch should be an automatic hit. I'll make that clear in the entry.