PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Bearington Bearman the bearbearian

Ormagoden
2010-02-03, 03:30 PM
I'm looking to generate a good old fun barbarian with a bear theme (did you guess?)

Here is what I have so far: I'm always looking for suggestions for improvement or to maximize fun. Really anything will help! Or scrub it completely and tell me how you'd do it!

Here is what I have:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Beastmaster
Beastmaster
Beastmaster
Beastmaster
Beastmaster
Beastmaster
Beastmaster
Bear Warrior

Str 21 Dex 14 Con 16 Int 14 Wis 14 Cha 10

Skill focus handle animal
Power attack
Combat reflexes
Extra rage
Instantaneous rage
Reckless rage
Robilar's gambit

Flaw (murky eyed)

Thoughts? Equipment suggestions? Build suggestions? Horrible raging critique? Have at it!

AtwasAwamps
2010-02-03, 03:34 PM
How can you have a bear-themed barbarian without a Bear Warrior level in there?

Redshirt Army
2010-02-03, 03:35 PM
I vaguely recall a tread about a druid with a wolf theme, who took a wolf animal companion, and gave it the Wild Cohort feat, so it also had a wolf following it, which also took the Wild Cohort feat and so on....

Don't know if it's relevant, or indeed possible with bears, but is that the kind of thing you were talking about?

On topic: Have your animal companion be a bear. (Duh.) :smalltongue:

SurlySeraph
2010-02-03, 03:36 PM
Anthropomorphic Bear Werebear Bear Totem Barbarian/ Bear Warrior/ Druid (taking a Bear companion)/ Bearlord, taking the Wild Cohort feat to get a bear companion. You're a werebear bear who owns a bear, rides a bear, commands bears, worships bears, and can get so angry he turns into a bear.

Saintjebus
2010-02-03, 03:47 PM
Yo, dawg, we heard you like bears....
I had to! Forgive me...

Ormagoden
2010-02-03, 03:55 PM
Ah true I forgot to mention it! He has two bear animal companions a brown bear and a black bear (and some 1st level druid companion more than likely a particularly ferocious squirrel named bear)

How can you have a bear-themed barbarian without a Bear Warrior level in there?

*facepalm*

I do!

Ormagoden
2010-02-03, 03:56 PM
You're a werebear bear

I had to read that like 5 times! sadly anthrobear is right out but DAMN funny.

Optimystik
2010-02-03, 03:59 PM
Yo, dawg, we heard you like bears....
I had to! Forgive me...

This thread is unbearable.

ericgrau
2010-02-03, 04:08 PM
Don't forget to mount one of the bears so it can bear you into combat.

Ormagoden
2010-02-03, 04:19 PM
Jokes help too! I'll have more lines to use at the table!

Eldan
2010-02-03, 04:20 PM
Then remember to mention your right to bear arms.

pffh
2010-02-03, 04:36 PM
And how you bearly escaped something.

Anthropomorphic Bear Werebear Bear Totem Barbarian/ Bear Warrior/ Druid (taking a Bear companion)/ Bearlord, taking the Wild Cohort feat to get a bear companion. You're a werebear bear who owns a bear, rides a bear, commands bears, worships bears, and can get so angry he turns into a bear.

I would actually like to see that build statted out, or at least know where everyone of those classes/races are for a weird npc.

leon666
2010-02-03, 04:48 PM
Take vow of poverty and live on the bear necessities.

ericgrau
2010-02-03, 04:50 PM
Jokes help too! I'll have more lines to use at the table!

Remember you asked for it! Now bear with me here. Always cast bear's endurance on yourself. You don't deliver messages, you bear them to their recipients. When describing yourself, say you bear such and such characteristics. You don't carry gear you bear a load or such and such an item. Whenever you find something while adventuring say it may bear a clue to something. Scout ahead for the party, and talk of how the walls bear paintings and the bed bears a bugbear on top. For that matter the painting or any statue bears the image of someone. And whenever you have to say something, it always bears mentioning that...

Volkov
2010-02-03, 04:51 PM
This thread is unbearable.

Send in the Bear Cavalry!

Kantolin
2010-02-03, 05:05 PM
If you can squeeze the book of exalted deed's Sentinel of Bharrai into things, you can in addition to turning into a bear when angry... turn into a bear, or a dire bear.

But at level 9 in the class, you can then summon a cavalry of dire bears, if you can bear the once a week limit.

Ugh... now I'm doing it.

Also, the druid spell list is handy for bear-spells. It has (SC) Bite of the Werebear, (SC) Phantom Bear, and a few other bear spells.

Talbot
2010-02-03, 06:47 PM
Warning: Post with no real bearing on the thread.

*bookmarks thread, makes popcorn*

Saph
2010-02-03, 07:02 PM

More important would be your right to arm bears.

leon666
2010-02-03, 07:14 PM
Warning: Post with no real bearing on the thread.

*bookmarks thread, makes popcorn*

That was bearly worth mentioning.... Salted or sweet?

pffh
2010-02-03, 07:17 PM
That was bearly worth mentioning.... Salted or sweet?

I can't bear these puns anymore!

Volkov
2010-02-03, 07:18 PM
I can't bear these puns anymore!

I can't bear you not being able to bear these completely bearable bear puns. So start bearing them before I send in the bear cavalry upon your bearly bearable bear rear end.

leon666
2010-02-03, 07:19 PM
I can't bear you not being able to bear these completely bearable bear puns. So start bearing them before I send in the bear cavalry upon your bearly bearable rear end.

You bearter believe he'll do it!

Cieyrin
2010-02-03, 07:26 PM

You aren't bear enough! You need to be Urskan, the bearest bear that could ever bear the name of bear!

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/fb_gallery/83579.jpg

Volkov
2010-02-03, 07:27 PM
You aren't bear enough! You need to be Urskan, the bearest bear that could ever bear the name of bear!

I can do more bear puns that you can.

Starscream
2010-02-03, 07:29 PM
Take vow of poverty and live on the bear necessities.

The other puns were pooh, but that one is just pandaing to the crowd. I know we can't all contribute koalaty advice, but there's no use in padington the thread with useless posts. Doing so would be a boo boo.

Great, now my memory has gone all fozzie, and I can't recall what I was going to say. I have some rather gummi recollection of the topic, but it's all a bit smokey. I really baloo it, didn't I?

I fully expect to be lynched for this post. My death will be grizzly.

Cieyrin
2010-02-03, 07:30 PM
I can do more bear puns that you can.

I can bearly believe your boast.

Volkov
2010-02-03, 07:30 PM
The other puns were pooh, but that one is just pandaing to the crowd. I know we can't all contribute koalaty advice, but there's no use in padington the thread with useless posts. Doing so would be a boo boo.

Great, now my memory has gone all fozzie, and I can't recall what I was going to say. I have some rather gummi recollection of the topic, but it's all a bit smokey. I really baloo it, didn't I?

I fully expect to be lynched for this post. My death will be grizzly.

Graaaagh! *slices starscream in half with a chainaxe for the awful puns*

The Glyphstone
2010-02-03, 07:54 PM
You bearter bearlieve he'll do it!

Fixed, for bear justice!

TengYt
2010-02-03, 08:04 PM
Remember you asked for it! Now bear with me here. Always cast bear's endurance on yourself. You don't deliver messages, you bear them to their recipients. When describing yourself, say you bear such and such characteristics. You don't carry gear you bear a load or such and such an item. Whenever you find something while adventuring say it may bear a clue to something. Scout ahead for the party, and talk of how the walls bear paintings and the bed bears a bugbear on top. For that matter the painting or any statue bears the image of someone. And whenever you have to say something, it always bears mentioning that...

What a pandamonium.

BenTheJester
2010-02-03, 08:07 PM

It's the chronic-what-cles of Narnya

Kallisti
2010-02-03, 08:08 PM
So you'll have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and the power to kill a man with your bear hands?

OracleofWuffing
2010-02-03, 08:11 PM

Maybe you could improve your memory a teddy bit by becoming a yogi. I just hope the issue doesn't become polarized, so please handle it with care.

... Also, owl.

Barbarian MD
2010-02-03, 09:55 PM
It is GitP law that when this post rears its head, this picture has to be posted. I am merely continuing the tradition.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/125361221318.jpg

I play a were-bear barbarian in a campaign, and this is currently his myth-weavers picture.

Barbarian MD
2010-02-03, 10:00 PM
Here is previously-mentioned were-bear barbarian, round-house kicking an ape (actually a girallon, but I didn't have time to actually draw his enemy, so I photoshopped in a picture of King Kong) in the face. Drawing-quality? Iffy. Concept? Epic Win.

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu77/mikehvaughan/kyrillkick.gif

Eon
2010-02-03, 10:12 PM
ugh, I can bearly believe this. You are polar opposites then what you normally are. And why are you trying to make a bearbarian when you should be bearing the burden of the puns. There should be a law forcing you to bear a license to pun like that.

Are you going to go bear back riding. (that's worth 2 points...) Maybe you should feed the bear that bears your burden bearies. (berries :smalltongue:)

DragoonWraith
2010-02-03, 10:22 PM
From another thread on this topic (yes, really):

Wearbear Barbarian/Bear Warrior. It's more than you can bear!
Figure out if you can squeeze some wildshaping druid or ranger in there with a bear animal companion, also. Two bears just aren't enough.
He's already a bear that turns into a bear that gets so angry it turns into a bear, worships bears, and commands bears, all while riding a bear. He has enough bear.
There's never enough bear.
Easily among my favorite things I've ever read.

Dr Bwaa
2010-02-03, 10:58 PM

This (plus that class from BoED) is an amazingly high-level build to get a lot of very silly, redundant abilities.

I guess that's my burden to bear.

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-04, 12:27 AM
So you'll have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and the power to kill a man with your bear hands?I'm furly certain I did it befur you did. If bearly. But I still did it furst!

Dr Bwaa
2010-02-04, 02:07 AM
I was enthralled by the funniness of this thread, so I took the liberty of statting something up @ ECL 20. Not quite SurlySeraph's awesome build, but he's still ahuman who turns into a dire bear who turns into a bear when he rages, worships bears, detects bears, rides a Dire Bear cohort and 1/week can summon the Dire Bear Cavalry. I haven't given him items or really thought this build through that much, but it's pretty funny anyway :smallbiggrin: Enjoy!

Bearly Legal (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=183195)

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-04, 02:10 AM
I was enthralled by the funniness of this thread, so I took the liberty of statting something up @ ECL 20. Not quite SurlySeraph's awesome build, but he's still ahuman who turns into a dire bear who turns into a bear when he rages, worships bears, detects bears, rides a Dire Bear cohort and 1/week can summon the Dire Bear Cavalry. I haven't given him items or really thought this build through that much, but it's pretty funny anyway :smallbiggrin: Enjoy!

Bearly Legal (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=183195)Sure, he can do all that, but does he know why bears like Cinnamon Trout Crunch?

Zaq
2010-02-04, 02:14 AM
...What gives Detect Bears? I think I must have that ability.

Also, I assume that all the assorted bears being thrown around have Bite of the Werebear, right? At least, the ones who aren't already werebears (scratch that, especially the ones who are already werebears)?

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-04, 02:15 AM
...What gives Detect Bears?Generally, hearing people scream, "ARGH! A BEAR!"

Zaq
2010-02-04, 02:18 AM
Generally, hearing people scream, "ARGH! A BEAR!"

But isn't it like a DC 25 to know that cave bears live in caves? Do people actually yell "ARGH! A BEAR!" or something? It seems like it would be more common to hear "ARGH! A CREATURE! I CANNOT TELL WHAT IT IS, NOR THAT IT IS MAULING ME WITH ITS NATURAL WEAPONS!" Yeah, I went there.

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-04, 02:20 AM
But isn't it like a DC 25 to know that cave bears live in caves? Do people actually yell "ARGH! A BEAR!" or something? It seems like it would be more common to hear "ARGH! A CREATURE! I CANNOT TELL WHAT IT IS, NOR THAT IT IS MAULING ME WITH ITS NATURAL WEAPONS!" Yeah, I went there.What about all the blue/orange/white-wearing cheerleaders and their shrieks of 'DA BEARS!"? One would think that would clue one in.

http://holydogwater.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/bears-attacking-peyton-manning.jpg

Townopolis
2010-02-04, 02:27 AM
Also, you should never ever charge. Instead, bear down on the enemy.

If anyone asks what you do for a living, tell them you're a bearfist boxer.

During the middle of an adventure, reminisce about your old chats in the Bearrans... at the crossroads.

Live long enough and you can be a grizzled veteran.

Before delivering the fatal swipe, paws for dramatic effect.

Complain about high prices, say that the prices were always lower at the bear market back home.

Talk with a Chicago accent.

...Just a few suggestions.

ZeroNumerous
2010-02-04, 02:28 AM
Werebear Urskan Druid 10/Bear HD 6/LA+4//Bear Totem Barbarian 5/Bear Warrior 5/Bearmaster(Beastmaster with four bear companions) 10. Take leadership. Get a Werebear Urskan Druid 6/Bearmaster 4(Bear HD 6, LA+4, he has 3 bear companions).

An anthro-bear that worships bears, travels with a bear friend and transforms into a bear which transforms into a bear-man hybrid and spends 10 hours a day in bear form with a pack of eight other bears.

Basically: You play ten bears at once. You should be bearly able to bear bringing so much of your unbearable might to bear down upon your enemies.

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-04, 02:31 AM
What about that whole Vow of Nudity thing?

You'd go around bear-arsed all the time.

faceroll
2010-02-04, 06:23 AM

Ok, now do dragons.

Vizzerdrix
2010-02-04, 06:42 AM
Wealth could be put into buying various Bear effigy critters. Or werebear Effigy critters for bear-formers.

Indon
2010-02-04, 08:30 AM
Make sure to worship no deity, as bears are godless killing machines.

Then get amulets of natural attack and arm your bears.

But isn't it like a DC 25 to know that cave bears live in caves? Do people actually yell "ARGH! A BEAR!" or something? It seems like it would be more common to hear "ARGH! A CREATURE! I CANNOT TELL WHAT IT IS, NOR THAT IT IS MAULING ME WITH ITS NATURAL WEAPONS!"

I think that's 4th edition.

Zom B
2010-02-04, 08:42 AM
Anthropomorphic Bear Werebear Bear Totem Barbarian/ Bear Warrior/ Druid (taking a Bear companion)/ Bearlord, taking the Wild Cohort feat to get a bear companion. You're a werebear bear who owns a bear, rides a bear, commands bears, worships bears, and can get so angry he turns into a bear.Yo, dawg, we heard you like bears....

Oh dear lord, the laughter, it will not stop.

I fully intend to sig this, if it will fit and there are no objections.

Lappy9000
2010-02-04, 10:34 AM
Personally, I think you might wanna get some warforged in that build somewhere, althought it may be too grizzly (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/9p3). Maybe a spiked chain and cause some serious pandamonium (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/9p4)? As long as your can talk, you can bearate your foes (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/9p5)! Of course, you wouldn't be able to bear lightning damage. (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/9p6).

Were-bear-bearbot?

Ormagoden
2010-02-04, 11:33 AM
Just the thought of bearington bearman commanding all his animal companions to observe an enemy while also observing the enemy at the same time for an extra long period of time.

Then getting asked "what are you doing?" by the DM and saying
"The care bear stare" Gives me giggles.

Zom B
2010-02-04, 11:43 AM
Then getting asked "what are you doing?" by the DM and saying
"The care bear stare" Gives me giggles.

Anthropomorphic Bear Werebear Bear Totem Barbarian/ Bear Warrior/ Druid (taking a Bear companion)/ Bearlord with Apostle of Peace!

Barbarian MD
2010-02-04, 11:44 AM
Seriously? No one is going to bite on the picture of the Dire Care Bear?

Ormagoden
2010-02-04, 12:27 PM
Ok so Bearington Bearman gets a magic heart tattoo across his chest.

It can cast a spell 3/day when he shouts "Stare!"

What spell should I choose?

Glitter dust?
Scorching ray?
Widened prismatic spray?
Something else?

I can bearly wait to see what you suggest!

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-04, 12:49 PM

Glitter dust?
Scorching ray?
Widened prismatic spray?
Something else?

I can bearly wait to see what you suggest!An Ocular Spell'd mindrape that turns the target [Good]? Nothing says 'caring and sharing' like a well-placed mindrape.

Dr Bwaa
2010-02-04, 01:07 PM
An Ocular Spell'd mindrape that turns the target [Good]? Nothing says 'caring and sharing' like a well-placed mindrape.

:smalleek: QTF :smalltongue:

Also, Detect Bears is from level one of Animal(Bear)lord.

I really wanted a couple levels of Beastmaster in the build, but the super-low-level black-bear companions weren't as fantastic as the Dire Bear Cavalry (seriously; I just love writing that) from the 9th level of Sentinel.

Also, <3 Dr. McNinja love!

Narazil
2010-02-04, 01:12 PM
An Ocular Spell'd mindrape Sanctify the Wicked that turns the target [Good]? Nothing says 'caring and sharing' like a well-placed mindrape Sanctify the Wicked.
Fixed. Wouldn't want our Bearington to do anything Evil, now would we?

Lappy9000
2010-02-04, 01:16 PM

Glitter dust?
Scorching ray?
Widened prismatic spray?
Something else?

I can bearly wait to see what you suggest!Anyone of those works just fine, although I'd like the prismatic spray meself. After all, a carebear stare did destroy Jackie Chan and Abraham Lincoln (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA).

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-04, 01:16 PM
Fixed. Wouldn't want our Bearington to do anything Evil, now would we?Sanctify the wicked is at least as evil as (if not moreso than) mindrape, as there's a good chance the recipient of stw is going to die (and none at all for mindrape).

The fact that mindrape CAN be used for wicked ends is immaterial (and the [Evil] tag is utterly misplaced).

Saintjebus
2010-02-04, 01:37 PM
Oh dear lord, the laughter, it will not stop.

I fully intend to sig this, if it will fit and there are no objections.

Hooray! I have been judged sig-worthy!
By virtue of quoting a well-known internet meme. :smallconfused:

Zom B
2010-02-04, 01:41 PM
It took wit to spot the opportunity, though. So although the humor is not your own, it was timely.

Ganurath
2010-02-04, 01:43 PM
Bearington needs to be female, so she can be a Mama Bear (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MamaBear).

Narazil
2010-02-04, 01:48 PM
Sanctify the wicked is at least as evil as (if not moreso than) mindrape, as there's a good chance the recipient of stw is going to die (and none at all for mindrape).

The fact that mindrape CAN be used for wicked ends is immaterial (and the [Evil] tag is utterly misplaced).
Of course it's not more evil than Mindrape. It's a good spell, it even has the [good] descriptor! 100% pure goodness, that Sanctify the Wicked.

:smallbiggrin:

hamishspence
2010-02-04, 02:06 PM
Sanctify the wicked can do only one thing- change the target's alignment. They retain all their memories.

And it takes a year- and is implied to be simply giving the target's own "good side" free reign- although that doesn't explain why the final alignment must match the caster's on the Law/Chaos axis as well.

Mindrape can change everything about the target's mind.

Zom B
2010-02-04, 02:09 PM
I think Bearington should have the last name of Berenstain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berenstain_Bears).

leon666
2010-02-04, 06:14 PM
An Ocular Spell'd mindrape that turns the target [Good]? Nothing says 'caring and sharing' like a well-placed mindrape.

I want to sig this.

all those in favor mention bears.

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-04, 06:33 PM
Sanctify the wicked can do only one thing- change the target's alignment. They retain all their memories.

And it takes a year- and is implied to be simply giving the target's own "good side" free reign- although that doesn't explain why the final alignment must match the caster's on the Law/Chaos axis as well.

Mindrape can change everything about the target's mind.Yes. It can change everything about a target's mind. Including alignment, rubbing out psychosis and horrific memories (thereby erasing shell-shock and post-traumatic stress disorder), repairing other sorts of mental damage, and giving free access to knowledge and wisdom that would otherwise take years, if not decades, to accumulate.

If it was [Evil] then there wouldn't be ANY potential for good acts, up to and including altering someone's mental state with their permission.

It's like a machete; it's just a tool, to be used as the wielder sees fit.

I want to sig this.

all those in favor mention bears.That's a beary good idea.

Zaq
2010-02-04, 08:53 PM
I think that's 4th edition.

Why yes, yes it is. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ptitle0t9r68ih?from=Main.DontExplainTheJoke)

Asbestos
2010-02-05, 02:56 AM
Why yes, yes it is. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ptitle0t9r68ih?from=Main.DontExplainTheJoke)

Except that it isn't 4th ed? Its a bit of 3.x rule strangeness about things with higher HD being harder to successfully ID with a knowledge check.

Bear Lore
A character knows the following information with a successful
Nature check.
DC 15: Bears generally live in forests and caves. Cave
bears are ferocious predators that make their lairs deep
underground and are accustomed to darkness. Dire bears
are savage hunters that eat humanoids as readily as game
animals.
DC 20: Dire bears typically maul prey with their claws or
crush them to death with their thick, bestial arms.

DC 15 or 20, well within the range of any level 1 mook. Especially the D15.

But in 3.x.... in order to ID something "In many cases, you can use this skill [Knowledge] to identify monsters and their special powers or vulnerabilities. In general, the DC of such a check equals 10 + the monster’s HD. A successful check allows you to remember a bit of useful information about that monster."

So, a black bear, the weakest of the bears is a mere D13 check. But, this is where it gets silly, the Dire Bear, which is for all intents and purposes just a bigger bear, requires a D22 Check to ID. So, while the average commoner may know something about black bears, by RAW he has no chance at discerning what a Dire Bear is and knows no useful bits of info about them

I let this go before with the original "isn't that 4th ed" comment, but man, linking to TV tropes that he failed at the joke, but missing that he actually failed at the research too?

http://www.shipmentoffail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/bear-over-bridge-fail.jpg

TheCountAlucard
2010-02-05, 03:30 AM
Except that it isn't 4th ed? Its a bit of 3.x rule strangeness about things with higher HD being harder to successfully ID with a knowledge check.The bit you're not getting is the usefulness of said information. The DC 15 Nature check tells you that cave bears live in caves. The DC 20 one is even less helpful. Those same DCs for an Arcana check will tell you that a manticore can speak.

Kelunas
2010-02-05, 03:39 AM
Don't forget to get some appropriate gear including an all-bear Bag of Tricks so you can also throw bears and some goodbearies.

Siegel
2010-02-05, 12:04 PM
{Scrubbed}

Barbarian MD
2010-02-05, 12:11 PM
Only you can prevent forest fires.

EDIT: Wait, I was responding to someone. Did Siegel's scrubbed post have a reference to forest fires?

Asbestos
2010-02-05, 01:00 PM
The bit you're not getting is the usefulness of said information. The DC 15 Nature check tells you that cave bears live in caves. The DC 20 one is even less helpful. Those same DCs for an Arcana check will tell you that a manticore can speak.
Technically at some point you can just see the stat block like the check is some sort of Dragonball-esque Scouter.

Still, DC 22 to ID what the heck a Dire Bear is. At least the 4th Ed checks tell you something about the things without requiring impossible checks. The 'Cave bears live in caves' thing is just IDing the critter (this is a bear that lives in caves, I wonder what to call it...)

Cieyrin
2010-02-05, 06:25 PM
Only you can prevent forest fires.

No, I think Smokey has something else to say...

http://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/smokey.jpg

Coppertop
2010-02-05, 11:40 PM
Maybe with a high enough strength and a large size race you can dip into hulking hurler and start throwing black bears too. Thats enough to send your enemies into Kodiak arrest.

Vaynor
2010-02-05, 11:59 PM
I think Bearington definitely needs Leadership with all of his followers as bears.

Flickerdart
2010-02-06, 12:40 AM
Personally, I think you might wanna get some warforged in that build somewhere, althought it may be too grizzly (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/9p3). Maybe a spiked chain and cause some serious pandamonium (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/9p4)? As long as your can talk, you can bearate your foes (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/9p5)! Of course, you wouldn't be able to bear lightning damage. (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/9p6).

Were-bear-bearbot?
Also, Agent Bearclaw (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/9p34).

Dust
2010-02-06, 07:27 AM
There is no claws for alarm, no matter how sPooky you might find bear-on-bear action. However, this thread was missing something important.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6318/ruxpin.jpg

Ormagoden
2010-02-08, 09:44 AM
There is no claws for alarm, no matter how sPooky you might find bear-on-bear action. However, this thread was missing something important.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6318/ruxpin.jpg

Ironic...I actually work with the guy who invented teddy ruxpin lol.

Maybe with a high enough strength and a large size race you can dip into hulking hurler and start throwing black bears too. Thats enough to send your enemies into Kodiak arrest.

I will never ever use pixie as a derogatory statement ever ever again.

That vision in my mind is SAUCESOME! It's like the fastball special (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FastballSpecial) with BEARS!

Zom B
2010-02-08, 09:57 AM
Ironic...I actually work with the guy who invented teddy ruxpin lol.

At age 73, Ken Forsse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Forsse) still works?

Ormagoden
2010-02-08, 10:06 AM
At age 73, Ken Forsse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Forsse) still works?

Ah caught me! Invented is the wrong word. Driving force behind marketing and development would be a better term. He is 71 though ;)

TheFallenOne
2010-02-08, 10:48 AM
Don't forget to get some appropriate gear including an all-bear Bag of Tricks so you can also throw bears and some goodbearies.

Nah, a Tan bag of tricks will do just fine.
30 % to get another brown bear and 70 % you get free food for your bear clan. It's win-win!

Zom B
2010-02-08, 12:02 PM
Wait wait wait wait hold the phone.

Why doesn't Bearington Bearman have any levels in this class (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/xJ1VzXrzTxbe9Z8rXIV.html)?

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-08, 12:05 PM
We need to make him gestalt to fit in more beary goodness.

Is there anything out of the BoEF that could help?

Y'know...for being a bear?

*Hides*

Deth Muncher
2010-02-08, 12:09 PM
We need to make him gestalt to fit in more beary goodness.

Is there anything out of the BoEF that could help?

Y'know...for being a bear?

*Hides*

Quiet you. None of that Book of Excessive Fail in here.

Draz74
2010-02-08, 12:14 PM
I haven't read the whole thread and I won't be surprised if this post is obsolete by now, but ... it needs to be said:

Has Bearington done his geopolitical research to figure out what nation he should be a citizen of? Because obviously, he needs to pick one with a political structure where a successful adventurer can eventually be awarded the title of Bearon.

Lord of Syntax
2010-02-08, 12:16 PM
I haven't read the whole thread and I won't be surprised if this post is obsolete by now, but ... it needs to be said:

Has Bearington done his geopolitical research to figure out what nation he should be a citizen of? Because obviously, he needs to pick one with a political structure where a successful adventurer can eventually be awarded the title of Bearon.

You, sir, win 1 (one) Internet.

Ormagoden
2010-02-08, 12:19 PM
No but he is from the snow covered nation of Bavbearia. Before his adventuring career started he was a street rat and pick pocket. His specialty was stealing unattended picnic baskets.

TheFallenOne
2010-02-08, 01:00 PM
No but he is from the snow covered nation of Bavbearia. Before his adventuring career started he was a street rat and pick pocket. His specialty was stealing unattended picnic baskets.

You mean street bear.
They're rather good pickpockets actually, but not because nobody notices, it's just nobody dares to object.

Zom B
2010-02-08, 01:10 PM
If you're playing in the Wheel of Time setting, he could be from Bearlon.

Ormagoden
2010-02-08, 01:18 PM
Nah its a custom setting...but thanks for naming the village he grew up in!

erikun
2010-02-08, 01:19 PM
Let's see, how did this one go?

Anthropomorphic Bear Werebear Bear Totem Barbarian/Bear Warrior/Bearlord. Take the feats Leadership and Wild Cohort, then convince the DM to apply them both to the same character. Take an Awakened Bear as your cohort, using Leadership to give it levels in Druid/Beastmaster.

At a high enough level, the Beastmaster has two animal companions, so make them both Dire Bears. Make sure that you and your cohort both have the mounted combat feats, so you can ride into combat on bears.

You are now a bear, which turns into a bears, rages into a bear, talks to bears, can call bears, channels the spirit of the bear, with your bear companion which also turns into a bear, both while riding bears as your own bear calvary. In addition, your cohort can cast Bear's Endurance on all of you and summon additional bears.

I think that's about as far as I can take it, though. Although I did manage to bear arms and arm bears!

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-08, 01:24 PM
His wild cohort should be named Stephen Colbear.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.wow.com/media/2008/03/colbertcard.jpg

Ormagoden
2010-02-08, 01:41 PM

Done and Done!

Also I was pleasantly surprised to find a picture of a bear with one missing fang :D

vicente408
2010-02-08, 06:12 PM

Shouldn't this be his archnemesis, though? Stephen's hatred of all things bear is legendary.

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-08, 07:29 PM
Shouldn't this be his archnemesis, though? Stephen's hatred of all things bear is legendary.Get this...His cohort is actually his urst enemy...

IN DISGUISE.

vicente408
2010-02-08, 08:56 PM
If Stephen can manage to keep his cool around so much BEARS without flipping out, then more power to him.

Seriously, the guy's terrified of them. Both the character and the real person.

Overshee
2010-02-08, 09:21 PM
There's a gay joke in here somewhere... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_%28gay_culture%29)

(I like the dudes bee tee dubs)

Dust
2010-02-08, 09:30 PM
These puns are so terrible, they're going to send someone into a kuma.

vicente408
2010-02-08, 10:32 PM
These puns are so terrible, they're going to send someone into a kuma.

You get points for creativity.

Asbestos
2010-02-08, 10:51 PM
There's a gay joke in here somewhere... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_%28gay_culture%29)

(I like the dudes bee tee dubs)
So, does the Bearon Bearington Bearman have a beard in the form of some random Bearoness?

I hope he doesn't run into any Karelians (NOT a misspelled and weird Star Wars joke, its bear related damnit!)

Overshee
2010-02-08, 10:54 PM
So, does the Bearon Bearington Bearman have a beard in the form of some random Bearoness?

He enjoys seeing bear naked men?

... I am normally more clever than this ...

Deth Muncher
2010-02-08, 11:07 PM
He enjoys seeing bear naked men?

Which reminds me, he should fit in a level of B(e)ard, so he can play the songs from his favorite 90s band, the Bearnaked Ladies.

ericgrau
2010-02-08, 11:11 PM

Just bearly.

Asbestos
2010-02-08, 11:20 PM
Which reminds me, he should fit in a level of B(e)ard, so he can play the songs from his favorite 90s band, the Bearnaked Ladies.

Well, I hope he doesn't listen to Minus the Bear, as that just lessens the amount of bear involved.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-02-09, 01:00 AM
What book is the Urskan race from? They look pretty sweet.

Ah, found them. So... panzerbjorn from His Dark Materials, basically?

UnChosenOne
2010-02-09, 01:17 AM
I hope he doesn't run into any Karelians (NOT a misspelled and weird Star Wars joke, its bear related damnit!)

Eh, Karelians... You are speaking about those Karelians, aren't you? Well if you're, well then this bear is doomed.

Asbestos
2010-02-09, 01:39 AM

Wait, are they really called Panzerbjorn? Tank Bears?

kpenguin
2010-02-09, 01:43 AM

That's Stephen Colbert. The Colbear is his complete opposite and archnemesis. (http://wikiality.wikia.com/Colbear)

vicente408
2010-02-09, 01:50 AM
Wait, are they really called Panzerbjorn? Tank Bears?

Yes sir, and they're just as awesome as they sound.

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-09, 02:22 AM
As I mentioned before, take the Vow of Nudity.

This way you have only two choices on clothing: a tiny teddy bear or bear-naked.

You'll have a gay old time, I'm sure.

That's Stephen Colbert. The Colbear is his complete opposite and archnemesis. (http://wikiality.wikia.com/Colbear)Looks like trouble's a-bruin.

Bhu
2010-02-09, 06:28 AM
Barbearian
Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 8d10+32 (76 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 Size, +1 Dex, + 5 Natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
While raging 13 (-1 Size, +1 Dex, +5 Natural, -2 Rage), touch 8,
flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+20
Attack: Claw +15 melee (1d8+8), while raging: Claw +17 melee (1d8+10)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +15 melee (1d8+8) and 1 Bite +10 melee (2d6+4), while raging: 2 Claws +17 melee (1d8+10) and 1 Bite +12 melee (2d6+5)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Rage 3/day
Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60 ft., Low Light Vision, Scent, Damage Reduction: 1/-, Trap Sense +2, Improved Uncanny Dodge
Saves: Fort +10 (+12 while raging), Ref +7, Will +3 (+5 while raging)
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +6, Spot +7, Swim +16
Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Destructive Rage, Intimidating Rage
Environment: Cold Forests
Organization: Solitary or Pair
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: ---

Frenzied Bearserker (Barbearian, Frenzied Berserker 6
Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 8d10+6d12+70 (153 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 Size, +1 Dex, + 5 Natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
While raging 9 (-1 Size, +1 Dex, +5 Natural, -2 Rage, -4 Frenzy), touch 4,
flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +14/+27
Attack: Claw +22 melee (1d8+9), while raging: Claw +17 melee (1d8+10)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +22 melee (1d8+9) and 1 Bite +20 melee (2d6+4), while raging: 2 Claws +27 melee (1d8+15) and 1 Bite +25 melee (2d6+10)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Rage 3/day, Frenzy 3/day, Supreme Cleave, Improved Power Attack, Inspire Frenzy 1/day
Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60 ft., Low Light Vision, Scent, Damage Reduction: 1/-, Trap Sense +2, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Deathless Frenzy
Saves: Fort +16 (+18 while raging), Ref +10, Will +6 (+8 while raging)
Abilities: Str 28, Dex 12, Con 20, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Intimidate +6, Listen +6, Spot +7, Swim +16
Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Destructive Rage, Diehard, Instantaneous Rage, Intimidating Rage, Multiattack
Challenge Rating: 14
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

"Abner thet there bawr is lookin' at me like I grabbed his wifes butt..."

Barbearians are very large Brown Bears with horrible tempers, and awakened intelligence. The usual requisite insane mage is to blame supposedly. God knows why he'd want surly, irritable, possibly homicidally insane servants but mages are some weird guys. Barbearians have all the abilities of a Barbarian equal to their Hit Dice level, and can qualify for Feats etc as if they were Barbarians. Favored Class is of course Barbarian. For all intents and purposes they appear to be normal Brown Bears. They speak Common and Sylvan.

Skills: The Barbearian gains a +4 Racial Bonus on Swim checks.

Improved Grab (Ex): If a Barbearian hits with a Claw attack it may attempt a Grapple check as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Combat: Barbearians fight like most bears do, with the addition of Rage, and some intelligence. Grappling is preferred but they'll leisurely beat you to death with their paws if they have the time.

Siegel
2010-02-09, 08:29 AM
What about Owlbears ?

Ormagoden
2010-02-09, 09:08 AM
What about Owlbears ?

As much as I love owlbears I just don't see some big bird thing charging at you from the woods yelling
HOOOOOOOOT
being scarier than 30 bears charging you.

BUH I really like that post! Nice work!

Cieyrin
2010-02-09, 03:58 PM

Yeah, more or less, though a different variation on the panzerbjorn does exist, called the Ironclad Maulers from MM3.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4343816117_4a72dc33ff.jpg

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-02-09, 04:54 PM
Yeah, more or less, though a different variation on the panzerbjorn does exist, called the Ironclad Maulers from MM3.

The word Panzer does *NOT* mean 'tank'. It is German for 'Panther'. So basically, you are calling it a Panther-Bear. Which is just silly. After all, why dilute the Bearness with some scrawny cat?

Also, make sure to have a few levels in Drunken Master. That way you can master the dreaded Bear-n-Stein combat style :smallbiggrin:

Cieyrin
2010-02-09, 05:06 PM
The word Panzer does *NOT* mean 'tank'. It is German for 'Panther'. So basically, you are calling it a Panther-Bear. Which is just silly. After all, why dilute the Bearness with some scrawny cat?

It may not mean Tank but it is generally assumed that it refers to the infamous German Panzer tanks of WW2.

Anyways, please refer to the His Dark Materials trilogy and gripe at the author for using misleading terms. We're just using the term for them that he used. I'll also correct myself, as the term should be panserbjørne, which means armored bear in Danish.

vicente408
2010-02-09, 05:17 PM
It's actually Panserbjørne, which translates into "armored bear" in Danish apparently.

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-09, 11:27 PM
A few levels of survivor; he was obviously a Cub Scout at one point, and likely a Troop Leader at that.

That's where he got his hordes*.

So, OP, what so far is your prefurred build?

We're gonna need gestalt, aren't we?

*This is a bear-faced lie.

Siegel
2010-02-10, 03:11 AM

Also, make sure to have a few levels in Drunken Master. That way you can master the dreaded Bear-n-Stein combat style :smallbiggrin:

As a german i have to strongly disagree.
Panzer means tank or armor.

Asbestos
2010-02-10, 03:39 AM

Dude. Panther means Panther in German. Panzer technically really means 'armor' or 'armored' when applied to other things, but has been generally applied to tanks since WW2 which the Germans, because they have a really concise language, called Panzerkampfwagens or "ArmoredBattleVehicles".

Bhu
2010-02-10, 05:14 AM
BUH I really like that post! Nice work!

I thought there was a good chance you'd appreciate the puns :smallbiggrin:

grarrrg
2010-02-10, 10:59 AM
http://verydemotivational.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/129096269489219948.jpg

Bear Cavalry pwnd?

"Awww look honey, he's holding a gun, get a picture of this"
"It's a kodiak moment"

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-02-11, 01:07 AM
Maybe one of your bear companions can be a Dragonfire Adept with Entangeling Exhalation. That way he can be a Gummi Bear. Make sure he has ranks in Perform (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astISOttCQ0).

Ormagoden
2010-02-11, 09:23 AM
Wait? are you suggesting my warrior bears become jumpomancers?

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-02-11, 10:06 AM
Wait? are you suggesting my warrior bears become jumpomancers?

What, you mean bouncing here and there and everywhere? Height is a tactical advantage. Don't you want Drop Bears in your army? I mean, one of the best ways to increase damage output is to use Leap Attack in conjunction with Power Attack and Shock Trooper...

Overshee
2010-02-11, 10:17 AM
What, you mean bouncing here and there and everywhere? Height is a tactical advantage. Don't you want Drop Bears in your army? I mean, one of the best ways to increase damage output is to use Leap Attack in conjunction with Power Attack and Shock Trooper...

Drop bears are commonly said to be unusually large, vicious, carnivorous koalas that inhabit treetops and attack their prey by dropping onto their heads from above.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_bear

My favorite bear.

Ormagoden
2010-02-11, 12:35 PM

No! I don't want drop bears! LOL with that my quasi-final build is revealed!

Bearton Bearington the Barbearian: Male Human Bbn5/Bwa10; CR 15;
Medium Humanoid (human);
HD 15d12+45; hp 155;
Init +2; Spd 40 ft/x4;
AC 24 (+9 armor, +2 dex, +1 natural, +2 deflection), touch 14, flat-footed 24;
Base Atk/Grapple +15/+23;
Full Atk +24/+19/+14 Two-handed (1d10+10;20/x2, Darkwood greatclub), +23/+18/+13 One-handed (1d3+8;20/x2, Unarmed Strike);
SA&SQ Fast Movement(Ex), Rage, Uncanny Dodge(Ex), Trap Sense(Ex), Aura of Good(Ex), Bear Form(Black)(Su), Scent(Ex), Bear Form (Brown)(Su), Bear Form (Dire)(Su), AC Bonus(Su), Endure Elements(Ex), Exalted Strike(Su), Sustenance(Ex), Deflection(Su), Resistance(Ex), Ability Score Enhancement(Ex), Natural Armor(Ex), Mind Shielding(Ex), Damage Reduction(Su), Greater Sustenance(Ex), Energy Resistance(Ex), Freedom of Movement(Ex);
SR 0; AL CG; SV Fort +18, Ref +8, Will +8;
Str 21(+5), Dex 14(+2), Con 16(+3), Int 14(+2), Wis 14(+2), Cha 10(+0);
Skills: Craft (Woodworking)¹ +10, Handle Animal +16, Heal¹ +5, Intimidate¹ +6, Jump¹ +27, Knowledge (nature) +5, Listen¹ +20, Ride¹ +15, Survival¹ +20, Swim¹ +23.
Flaws: Murky-Eyed (UA Pg 91) : When attacking an opponent that has concealment, roll your miss chance twice. If either misses the attack fails., Shaky (UA Pg 91) : -2 on all ranged attack rolls..
Feats: Great Fortitude (PH 94), Power Attack (PH 98), Improved Sunder (PH 96), Extra Rage (CW 98), Leap Attack (CAd 110), Reckless Rage (RS 143), Rock Hurling (RS 143), Fling Ally (RS 139), Sacred Vow (BE 45), Vow of Poverty (BE 48).

Thoughts?

PhoenixRivers
2010-02-12, 03:33 AM
Needs moar bear (http://www.nuklearpower.com/2004/07/22/episode-443-whats-ur-sine)

Cieyrin
2010-02-16, 04:11 PM
I don't think you qualify for Rock Hurling, as you're not normally Large as a Human.

Also, Bear Warrior has a BAB requirement of +7 or +8, meaning you can't enter it quite as early as your build claims it can.

AtopTheMountain
2010-02-17, 05:42 PM
Nothing says 'caring and sharing' like a well-placed mindrape.

Can I please sig this?

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-17, 05:49 PM
Can I please sig this?Yes.

*Steeples fingers*

My takeover of the intertubes is progressing nicely.

MUAHAHAHAHA!

Karoht
2010-03-09, 06:12 PM
I dig the puns, I really do, but you guys don't need to be so Ursinine.

Also, I think we need to start working on this guys wife. He's obviously Paw-Paw bear, but who is the Mawl-Mawl bear?

Really, I mean, what if the DM wants to use his wife as a plot device? I'm sure it would Rend his great big bear heart if anything happened to her. If anyone took a Swipe at her... I'm sure some Lacerations would be in order for someone. He'd Pounce on the offender and bear him down.

Also with the note of the Stephen Colbert themed antithisis...
He needs some levels in Ranger. Perhaps asigned to watch over some Parkland in his native kingdom.

...yeah thats all I got. I'm sure I will think of another the minute I hit the submit button.

The Glyphstone
2010-03-09, 06:35 PM
Since you don't qualify for Rock Hurling, trade it out for Wild Cohort. And make it a bear.

Really, I mean, what if the DM wants to use his wife as a plot device? I'm sure it would Rend his great big bear heart if anything happened to her. If anyone took a Swipe at her... I'm sure some Lacerations would be in order for someone. He'd Pounce on the offender and bear him down.

Bears are too heavy to Pounce on anyone. It would definitely Enrage him though, and he might even go Berserk. They'd probably end up Mangled in short order.

Lycanthromancer
2010-03-09, 07:04 PM
Give him expansion so he can take the Obese flaw and get the Jump on all of those unsuspecting bearers of pickanick baskets.

Dr Bwaa
2010-03-09, 07:38 PM
I agree--replace rock hurling with Bear Cohort (you can ride him into battle!) and check your entry requirements (maybe throw in that level of Beastmaster for an extra bear companion?).

Coidzor
2010-03-09, 08:27 PM
I dig the puns, I really do, but you guys don't need to be so Ursinine.

Also, I think we need to start working on this guys wife. He's obviously Paw-Paw bear, but who is the Mawl-Mawl bear?

Also with the note of the Stephen Colbert themed antithisis...
He needs some levels in Ranger. Perhaps asigned to watch over some Parkland in his native kingdom.

...yeah thats all I got. I'm sure I will think of another the minute I hit the submit button.

Why stop there when you can do up the entire Bearington Bearman Clan?

Karoht
2010-03-10, 03:19 PM
Why stop there when you can do up the entire Bearington Bearman Clan?

His wife needs a name. Ursa? Maw(Ma)-kettle? Kara Bearman?

Ormagoden
2010-03-10, 08:02 PM
Her name is Bearina Bearman the Bearbearian

Deth Muncher
2010-03-24, 04:28 PM
Okay, so I've decided that Baron Bearington Bearman the Bearbarian needs an epic mount. And what is that, exactly?
THE BEARODACTYL

But how does one make a Bearodactyl? I don't know.

Lycanthromancer
2010-03-24, 04:54 PM
Okay, so I've decided that Baron Bearington Bearman the Bearbarian needs an epic mount. And what is that, exactly?
THE BEARODACTYL

But how does one make a Bearodactyl? I don't know.Werebear anthropomorphic pterodactyl.

JaxGaret
2010-03-24, 05:37 PM
koalaty

mind=blown

Ormagoden
2010-03-24, 07:53 PM
Stat It And You Get A Cookie!

Deth Muncher
2010-03-25, 08:22 PM
Werebear anthropomorphic pterodactyl.

Neeeeh. I was thinking more along the lines of a bear that always has wings...or, wait, is THAT how hybrid form works? I never really got it/could find the rules for it.

Ormagoden
2010-03-26, 07:42 AM
Since you don't qualify for Rock Hurling, trade it out for Wild Cohort. And make it a bear.

Bears are too heavy to Pounce on anyone. It would definitely Enrage him though, and he might even go Berserk. They'd probably end up Mangled in short order.

You sir, have obviously not been chased by a bear before.

The Glyphstone
2010-03-26, 08:38 AM
You sir, have obviously not been chased by a bear before.

No, but I have chased things as a bear before, and had people yell at me when I didn't catch the things I'm chasing fast enough.

Lycanthromancer
2010-03-26, 10:42 AM
Stat It And You Get A Cookie!Simple; refluff the anthro-bat from Savage Species, and there you go.

Bears should be strong, and brave, and wise. They should also be able to tear you a new one. And fly.

I do believe this succeeds on all counts.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2010-03-26, 01:28 PM
I cannot count the levels of awesome in this thread. Thank you!

Wondering... can one gestalt the monster levels needed for a anthro-bear and take barbarian on the other side? Mostly because I want to take Barbarian/Frostrager and make myself a raging polar bear.

Lycanthromancer
2010-06-02, 01:16 AM
Needs Fling Ally, hulking hurler, and bloodstorm blade.

To throw pouncing boomerang-bears.

Hey Boo-Boomerang

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-06-02, 01:36 AM
Needs Fling Ally, hulking hurler, and bloodstorm blade.

To throw pouncing boomerang-bears.

Hey Boo-Booerang

I see what you did there. :smallamused:

Ormagoden
2010-06-02, 08:11 AM
Bearington did end up with fling ally! I must say black bears flying through the air at enemy wizards to grapple them left the table stunned and filled with laughter!

Lycanthromancer
2010-06-02, 11:01 AM
If this wasn't for BBtB, I'd suggest flinging lions and tigers AND bears! Oh my!

Crimson boots of plane shift wouldn't be amiss in that build.

Ormagoden
2010-06-02, 11:05 AM
If this wasn't for BBtB, I'd suggest flinging lions and tigers AND bears! Oh my!

Crimson boots of plane shift wouldn't be amiss in that build.

He has an acronym! SWEET! I guess I could take leadership and have a druid cohort summon them for me to throw ;) He gets another feat next level MWaaa ha hahahahah.

Lycanthromancer
2010-06-02, 11:11 AM
He has an acronym! SWEET! I guess I could take leadership and have a druid cohort summon them for me to throw ;) He gets another feat next level MWaaa ha hahahahah.Make the druid either an anthropomorphic bear or a retooled divine minion (bear).

Or just make him a gay dwarf. Super-manly, of course. He's a DWARF, after all.

mostlyharmful
2010-06-02, 11:21 AM
There was a nice trick mentioned in another thread just now, through dustcreature (sandstorm) and Incarnate Construct (SS) followed by lycanthropy you can have a werebear bear... I know it mucks up the leveling but not all that much thanks to the -2 template....:smallamused:

Lycanthromancer
2010-06-02, 11:23 AM
There was a nice trick mentioned in another thread just now, through dustcreature (sandstorm) and Incarnate Construct (SS) followed by lycanthropy you can have a werebear bear... I know it mucks up the leveling but not all that much thanks to the -2 template....:smallamused:So it's settled. A gay dwarf divine minion dust creature incarnate construct werebear druid who casts summon nature's ally so you can throw up bears.

Bharg
2010-06-02, 11:24 AM
Do bears even stack?

AtwasAwamps
2010-06-02, 11:26 AM
Do bears even stack?

Bears ALWAYS stack.

Ormagoden
2010-06-02, 11:37 AM
So it's settled. A gay dwarf divine minion dust creature incarnate construct werebear druid who casts summon nature's ally so you can throw up bears.

It's missing something but I can't quite figure what... also the dwarf and Bearington have an off again on again relationship.

mostlyharmful
2010-06-02, 12:07 PM
Bears ALWAYS stack.

They're the exception to the rule on same source stacking since they have the Awesome subtype.:smallbiggrin:

Ravens_cry
2010-06-02, 12:14 PM
Needs more monk unarmed swordsage.
So he can fight with his bear hands.

mostlyharmful
2010-06-02, 12:15 PM
So he can fight with his bear hands.

Yay! Karate chopping bears! :smallbiggrin:

Lycanthromancer
2010-06-02, 01:53 PM
So he can fight with his bear hands.How's this?

Summoning Innervation [Metamagic]
PREREQUISITES: The ability to cast summon nature's ally or summon monster spells
Benefit: You may add one, two, or three character class levels to any creature you summon using one of the above spells. These must be base classes, but may be any base classes the creature otherwise qualifies for, even if its Intelligence score is 2 or lower. However, if you summon multiple creatures with the affected spell, only a single creature retains the benefit of this feat. An Innervated spell uses up a spell slot one, two, or three levels higher than the spell’s actual level, respectively; this adjustment cannot be mitigated via metamagic reducers.
Special: Summoning Innervation does not stack with other feats that directly augment the creatures you summon, such as Greenbound Summoning or Augment Summoning. Metamagic feats such as Empower Spell and Extend Spell, which augment the spell itself, however, can be utilized as normal.

Improved Summoning Innervation [Metamagic]
PREREQUISITES: Summoning Innervation, the ability to cast summon nature's ally or summon monster spells
Benefit: You may add four, five, or six character class levels to any creature you summon using one of the above spells. These must be base classes, but may be any base classes the creature otherwise qualifies for, even if its Intelligence score is 2 or lower. However, if you summon multiple creatures with the affected spell, only a single creature retains the benefit of this feat. An Improved Innervated spell uses up a spell slot four, five, or six levels higher than the spell’s actual level, respectively; this adjustment cannot be mitigated via metamagic reducers.
Special: Improved Summoning Innervation does not stack with other feats that directly augment the creatures you summon, such as Greenbound Summoning or Augment Summoning, nor does it stack with Summoning Innervation. Metamagic feats such as Empower Spell and Extend Spell, which augment the spell itself, however, can be utilized as normal.

It's missing something but I can't quite figure what... also the dwarf and Bearington have an off again on again relationship.A love triangle with the animal companion? An awakened bear, of course.

Also, the dwarf could be a closet crossdresser with a fetish for bare feet.

Lycanthromancer
2010-06-04, 02:37 PM
What, no comments on the bear facts regarding my feats?

Cieyrin
2010-06-04, 03:05 PM
What, no comments on the bear facts regarding my feats?

They're either a tad powerful or kinda weak, depending on what kind of levels you're putting in. +1 SL/class lvl is kinda silly, admittedly as well.

I'd push for additional requirements, such as skill ranks in appropriate knowledges or Augment Summoning, at the least.

The Glyphstone
2010-06-04, 03:07 PM
The Improved version should allow Prestige Classes, if they qualify by virtue of their feat-granted class levels only. Then your summoned bears can be Barbarian Bear Warriors.

Bharg
2010-06-04, 03:09 PM
What about and Tauric Half-bear bear?

Ramza1987
2010-07-09, 05:14 PM
This is by far, one of the best works i have seen, i can bearly keep breething laughing like i am now, thanks to this awesome thread.

Ormagoden
2010-07-09, 11:09 PM
Thank you sir! Although the effort as you can see is not solely mine alone :smallsmile:

Nedjimb0
2010-07-10, 12:21 AM
Don't forget to mount one of the bears so it can bear you into combat.

hell, if you can be small sized you can ride a black bear and make it ride a brown bear.

double bear cavalry style

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-12, 12:52 AM
heh, this reminds me of a gay bar called "The Bear Trap".

Ed-zero
2010-08-12, 09:54 AM
I found this bearutiful monster over at brilliantgameologists... enjoy!

Bearly Legal Grizzly Swarm
Gargantuan Magical Beast (Swarm)
Hit Dice 31d8+495 (598 hp)
Initiative +12
Speed 40 ft
AC 32 (+27 natural, -1 Dex, -4 size), touch 5, flat-footed 32
Base Attack/Grapple +23/+57
Attack Swarm 6d6, bite +45 melee (4d8+22) (see om-nom-nom ability)
Full Attack Swarm 6d6, bite +45 melee (4d8+22) (see om-nom-nom ability)
Space/Reach 30'/0' (see om-nom-nom ability)
Special Attacks expert grappler, improved grab, om-nom-nom, second chance, swallow whole, trample
Special Qualities easy maintenance, hardy
Saves Fort +40, Ref +17, Will +31
Abilities Str 55, Dex 11, Con 39, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 16
Skills Appraise +34, Autohypnosis +37, Balance +34, Climb +56, Concentration +48, Escape Artist +34, Handle Animal +37, Heal +37, Hide +22, Intimidate +37, Jump +56, Listen +37, Move Silently +34, Perform +37, Ride +34, Search +34, Spot +37, Survival +37, Swim +60*, Tumble +34
Feats Endurance (B), Epic Toughness, Improved Initiative, Improved Toughness, Legendary Tracker, Run, Superior Initiative, Track (4 feats remaining, 1 possible epic)
Environment Cold forests
Organization Solitary
Challenge Rating 21
Treasure None
Alignment Usually neutral
Advancement --
Level Adjustment --

Before you a strange yet terrifying sight appears. Giant bears! With upon them: less giant bears! And stacked further on top of those are more bears, ultimately controlled and directed by a bunch of small black bears at the very top. In perfect simultaneous unison, the bears roar and it is like a sonic tsunami rolls over you. The bear armies of the wild have arrived.

Easy Maintenance (Ex): A bearly legal grizzly swarm eats as if it were one size category smaller and isn’t picky in what it eats.

Expert Grappler (Ex): A bearly legal grizzly swarm can maintain up to four grapples without penalty and still make attacks as normal against other targets (normally, attacking other targets would impose a -20 penalty on grapple checks). The bearly legal grizzly swarm still loses one bite attack for each grapple maintained. It is never considered flat-footed while grappling.

Hardy (Ex): A bearly legal grizzly swarm has a +2 racial bonus on saves against disease and poison.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a Gargantuan grizzly must hit with a bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Om-nom-nom (Ex): The Gargantuan bears that are part of a bearly legal grizzly swarm can make bite attacks against creatures in their space (which they have thus swarmed) or within 10 ft of them (one bear takes up one side of the swarm’s area and can only attack on that side and not from the other three sides of their area, but it can still attack anyone within the area). Each of them can do this only once per turn (meaning 4 attempts) and the swarm may not move during this turn.

Second Chance (Ex): If the bearly legal grizzly swarm is rendered unconscious through nonlethal damage, it disperses, disorganized. If it was brought down to 0 hp through lethal damage, then 30% of the bears that are part of the swarm are dead, 30% are at 0 hp and the rest are at low hp. No matter the outcome for them, the Gargantuan bears regurgitate the Small bears inside of them, unless they have any enemies swallowed as well. The Small bears inside of the Gargantuan bears are unaffected by any damage done to the swarm.

Swallow Whole (Ex): A Gargantuan bear can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of Large or smaller size by making a successful grapple check. Once inside, the opponent takes 1d10+10 points of crushing damage plus 1d10+6 points of acid damage per round from the bear’s digestive juices. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing 50 points of damage to the bear’s digestive tract (AC 23). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out.

The bear’s gullet can hold 2 Large, 8 Medium, 32 Small, or 128 Tiny or smaller creatures. (This is why, after swallowing one Large creature, it cannot hold more, as the 16 Small bears inside take up as much space as one Large creature.)

Trample (Ex): A bearly legal grizzly swarm that simply moves over a creature and doesn’t end its movement with that creature in one of its occupied squares can trample that creature. It can trample multiple creatures at once. A trampled creature takes damage equal to 3d8+1½ Str modifier. The creature can either take an attack of opportunity against the swarm with a -4 penalty or make a Reflex save (DC 25 + the swarm’s Str mod) for half damage.

Ormagoden
2010-08-12, 12:43 PM
Ew.........