PDA

View Full Version : Alarm clock solution

KurtKatze
2010-02-03, 06:17 PM
Hey guys,

I am going to play a tiefling in our next campaign, I want to keep that secret as long as possible by means of illusion spells. The Problem:

When i keep the same sleep times as them, the spell will eventually wear of, so i have to get up earlier than them. But how do i do this? I don't think there is a spell that does anything like this. And always sleeping away from the group will surely make 'em suspicious.

Is there a magical solution or could you handle the situation with a will save or something? I dont have a familiar (abprubt jaunt) so I cant order anyone to wake me up :(

any ideas?

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-02-03, 06:18 PM
The Disguise skill.

A Hat of Disguise.

Stompy
2010-02-03, 06:21 PM
I assume you're talking about DnD 3.5, where you don't have to look anything like a tiefling in 4e. Bluff may still be handy though.

Jack_Simth
2010-02-03, 06:30 PM
Hey guys,

I am going to play a tiefling in our next campaign, I want to keep that secret as long as possible by means of illusion spells. The Problem:

When i keep the same sleep times as them, the spell will eventually wear of, so i have to get up earlier than them. But how do i do this? I don't think there is a spell that does anything like this. And always sleeping away from the group will surely make 'em suspicious.

Is there a magical solution or could you handle the situation with a will save or something? I dont have a familiar (abprubt jaunt) so I cant order anyone to wake me up :(

any ideas?

Well, let's see....

You're clearly playing a caster.

Option 1:
Transmutation is your Friend! Extended Rope Trick, caster level 5, gives you ten hours uninterrupted - 8 hours sleep, 1 hour study, and an extra hour to break up for trivialities as needed.

Option 2:
Crafting is your Friend! No Familiar? No problem! Craft Construct, get one that's intelligent - even Core, a simple Homunculus (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/homunculus.htm) will do the job.

Option 3:
Enchantment is your Friend! Dominate Person (Sor/Wiz-5) lasts 1 day/level. Nothing quite like a Dominated Minion Alarm Clock.

Kobold-Bard
2010-02-03, 06:33 PM
Contingency: Activate when illusion spell wears off. [Another Illusion Spell or Dimension Door]

Perhaps.

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-02-04, 12:17 AM
Buy a tent.

Superglucose
2010-02-04, 12:19 AM
Buy a tent.
ROFL!

Signed.