PDA

View Full Version : dragon shaman/warlock ideas

oookler
2010-02-03, 08:01 PM
hey, im playing a 3.5 guestlted capain in the forgoten relms, we have a party of about 9 players and we all average about 2nd level i have gone with a human warlock/dragon shaman (i call him my spell caster with no spells) i have found him to be quiet usful during an encounter he is good he can hold his own at both ranged and melee combat and if a party member fall unconuse he can defend them while at the same time healing them back to the waking world with his auras plus after an encounter he is a boon to the cleric by healing the party to half health befor cure spells are cast however i am looking coseps feats and just plain ideas for what to do with him at later levels any help on this matter will be appresiated

Optimystik
2010-02-03, 08:22 PM
Warlock Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2915.0)

Dragon Shaman Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19865414/The_Dragon_Shaman_Handbook)

Return with questions

Thurbane
2010-02-03, 09:16 PM
Silly question: why not Dragonfire Adept? It's a class that practically screams Dragon Shaman & Warlock combined.

Dragonfire Adept (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060912a&page=2)

AslanCross
2010-02-03, 10:52 PM
hey, im playing a 3.5 guestlted

I think you mean "gestalt."

Also echoing the two suggestions above. The Dragonfire Adept is an invocation user that works with dragon power instead of demonic or diabolic energy.

In any case, if you've started already and are stuck with your class choices, see the handbooks above.

BenTheJester
2010-02-03, 11:19 PM
I think you mean "gestalt."

Also echoing the two suggestions above. The Dragonfire Adept is an invocation user that works with dragon power instead of demonic or diabolic energy.

In any case, if you've started already and are stuck with your class choices, see the handbooks above.

While I usually love the DFA, the dragon shaman might be more effective on such a large party due to his auras

Godskook
2010-02-03, 11:23 PM
While I usually love the DFA, the dragon shaman might be more effective on such a large party due to his auras

Unless your DM rules that Dragon Shaman auras aren't all accessible via the dragon aura feat, you can get the 1 or 2 you *need* that way.

d13
2010-02-03, 11:37 PM
Please let me handle the introductions.
ookler, punctuation. Punctuation; ookler.

Seriously. Make that post readable, and I may have something to help you.

Thurbane
2010-02-03, 11:39 PM
...I'm guessing maybe that English is not his primary language, so let's not be too hard on him. :smallwink:

oookler
2010-02-04, 12:52 AM
thank you for the sugestions, I relise that my question might have a simple anser but i am a relitivly new player so there is a LOT of books that i have not read yet, I do admit that spelling and gramer ar'nt my stroug points. Agian thank you for the sugestions they have helped a lot and once I get some accsess to the required books i will read into them