PDA

View Full Version : weapon specialization question

Soranar
2010-02-03, 10:39 PM
does it stack with the mastery feats? Say I take specialization in a melee weapon and the melee mastery feat do I get +4 damage with said weapon?

SurlySeraph
2010-02-03, 11:19 PM
I think it stacks, yes.

tyckspoon
2010-02-03, 11:25 PM
They're untyped bonuses, that are both applicable, from different sources, with no text specifying that they don't stack. Yeah, they stack.

Person_Man
2010-02-04, 09:29 AM
Yes, it stacks. However, it is a horribly inefficient waste of a feat.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-04, 01:31 PM
Yes, it stacks. However, it is a horribly inefficient waste of a feat.

If you're talking about the PHB Focus line, then yes. But the OP said Weapon Mastery, which is PH2 (and generally considered the way to go if you even bother with Weapon Spec).

I do agree that the line in general is underpowered, but the Weapon Mastery feat in PH2 isn't as bad as the lower level versions.

Eldariel
2010-02-04, 05:05 PM
If you're talking about the PHB Focus line, then yes. But the OP said Weapon Mastery, which is PH2 (and generally considered the way to go if you even bother with Weapon Spec).

I do agree that the line in general is underpowered, but the Weapon Mastery feat in PH2 isn't as bad as the lower level versions.

Particularly Ranged Weapon Mastery which is one of the very few means of gaining bonus damage on ranged attacks, and also increases your range.

Runestar
2010-02-04, 08:26 PM
Now if we could only do something about greater weapon focus/spec...:smallyuk: