PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Telekinesis tactics

PrismaticPIA
2010-02-03, 10:59 PM
What are the most amusing/damaging things one can do with TK?

AslanCross
2010-02-03, 11:08 PM
The psion in my current campaign threw a stuffed owlbear (that had been set on fire by one of her earlier attacks) at some hobgoblins.

Beorn080
2010-02-03, 11:19 PM
Float a Bag of Holding over group of enemies. Upend BoH over enemies. Watch as hundreds of Alchemists fires/long swords/daggers/rocks/pieces of paper with symbols on them falls over the enemy. Really, one BoH + thousands of papers with explosive runes is best. Assuming the enemy can read, someone will attempt to look at one of the fluttering papers.

NEO|Phyte
2010-02-03, 11:24 PM
With some PrC support, you can make a pretty mean grappler, pinning enemies with your mind from 2000 feet and such.

Starscream
2010-02-03, 11:51 PM
Sovereign glue. Use telekinesis to dump some in the archer's quiver, the wizard's spell component pouch, the warrior's scabbard or the monster's mouth. Or just throw a jar at one enemy, pick them up, and toss them at another enemy. Fun times for all.

Worira
2010-02-04, 12:10 AM
CL greatswords.

Icarus
2010-02-04, 12:20 AM
One of the more memorable uses for me was saving up a ton of the pellets you get from absorbing water with dust of dryness. A really tough encounter came up and I used telekinesis to throw all of them at a guy. Needless to say, people got wet.

A trick I'm waiting to use combines Wall of stone, shrink item, and telekinesis against an Iron Colossus.

It requires knowing what you're up against, but its really big, and epic. You'll know when its coming after you.

First, you make a big wall, then shrink it down and break it into 15 pieces that will collectively weigh 375 pounds when shrunk. Then, from outside the antimagic radius, you use the violent thrust (giggity) function of telekinesis and throw all the wall pieces at the colossus. The stone returns to its original size inside the antimagic and hits the colossus for... a bit. Enough in any case.

I did the math once, but every 25 lbs of material thrown with telekinesis deals 1d6 damage, capping at 15d6 at its weight limit. Shrink item shrinks stuff down to 1/4000 their original volume and mass; so yeah. Can't wait.

This trick isn't limited to epic creatures either. Anything with antimagic around it is fair game.

Also, if you're going to argue the momentum of that weight change I'll bypass the arguement and drop the stuff on the colossus instead.

PrismaticPIA
2010-02-04, 12:45 AM
Sovereign glue. Use telekinesis to dump some in the archer's quiver, the wizard's spell component pouch, the warrior's scabbard or the monster's mouth. Or just throw a jar at one enemy, pick them up, and toss them at another enemy. Fun times for all.

Oh god, sovereign glue. How could I forget sovereign glue?