PDA

View Full Version : Object Miniatures

BlackRabite
2010-02-04, 04:54 PM
I've been trying random searches all day and I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere. I'm trying to find a place to buy object miniatures that fit to scale one a 1inch to 5foot battlemap for D&D.

What I mean by objects are small tables, chairs, fireplaces, altars or an assortment of moveable objects for my players to interact with and to use as difficult terrain. I'm draw maps for a living IRL so it's not really a problem to draw such things in but I want to try miniatures so I can make the map more dynamic. If a mage uses Thunder Wave in a tavern I want the tables and chairs caught in the blast to be flung (wis mod) squares away as well.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Always A Rogue
2010-02-04, 05:26 PM
Milton Bradley and Games Workshop collaborated on some board games in the late eighties and early nineties.

It's been out of print for some time, but if you can track down a reasonably priced used copy of HeroQuest it might provide some useful bits. It had an assortment of inch-square scaled furniture including book shelves, tables, chests, and a few other things like a fireplace, casket, weapon rack, and throne.

fusilier
2010-02-04, 05:31 PM
If you don't mind painting:

Mega Miniatures

Mirliton (an Italian miniatures company)

Frontline Wargaming (resin)

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. 1/60 scale miniatures (25mm) are not too common anymore, typically they're more like 28mm -- 30mm, and much "thicker" than the older style (by making miniatures thicker you can get more detail without increasing the height, many manufacturers do this so well, you won't notice).

Mega Miniatures should be fairly easy to find, being carried by other retailers. Mirliton has some really nice medieval kitchen, tavern, and feast kits, but also sell the tables, benches, plates of food, etc., separately. Their website is in English, but they also have US distributor, and you might want to check with them: their prices might be better. In terms of size I think that Mega miniatures tends to 25mm, and while Mirliton is close to 28mm they are kind of old-fashioned, and "thin".

Frontline Wargaming sells fairly big resin sets. They may require some assembly.

If you can't find links, let me know and I will dig some up for you.

BlackRabite
2010-02-04, 06:07 PM
Awesome. We have two copies of HeroQuest but it's mostly limited to doors and treasure chests. Checking out the other places now but the Mirliton sets look perfect. Thanks a ton.