PDA

View Full Version : what book are blue goblins from?

Mystic Muse
2010-02-04, 04:57 PM
The title says it all.

faceroll
2010-02-04, 05:01 PM
Expanded Psionics Handbook. Can also be found on the psionics section of the SRD. They have +1 LA, unfortunately.

jokey665
2010-02-04, 05:01 PM
Expanded Psionics Handbook. Also, the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/blue.htm).

Tavar
2010-02-04, 05:02 PM
Perhaps you could google that (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blue+goblin+dnd)...

Mystic Muse
2010-02-04, 05:03 PM
Okay. thanks.

Mystic Muse
2010-02-04, 05:08 PM
Perhaps you could google that (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blue+goblin+dnd)...

Google almost never works for me.

faceroll
2010-02-04, 05:09 PM
Okay. thanks.

One other question. What's the difference between a normal and a cloistered cleric?

Google can also help you with that.

Tavar
2010-02-04, 05:12 PM

Why not? Is it the site itself, or the fact that you don't get meaningful results? If the former, huh, don't know what to do. If the latter, well, a good rule of thumb is to include all the terms you're searching for, plus the material it's from(for instance, in this case, blue goblin + the term DnD).

For your other question, try the SRD.

Again.

Mystic Muse
2010-02-04, 06:15 PM
Google can also help you with that.

Yes. it did. For once.

hence the reason I deleted it from my post.

but yeah, I generally don't get meaningful results. Or results I didn't want.
(I DON'T WANT TO WAIT AN HOUR BEFORE I CAN WATCH ANOTHER EPISODE OF AVATAR!)
but Thank you for your help.

Optimystik
2010-02-04, 06:41 PM

Google can help with that too! (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+I+use+google%3F)

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-04, 06:46 PM
Google can help with that too! (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+I+use+google%3F)Well, if he can't get Google to work, then Google won't help with helping with Google.

It's like using Candlejack as a

Optimystik
2010-02-04, 06:48 PM
Well, if he can't get Google to work, then Google won't help with helping with Google.

It's like using Candlejack as a

Yo dawg, I heard you like Candlejack, so we

paddyfool
2010-02-04, 06:57 PM
That's arguably an even less well-deserved LA+1 than hobgoblins get. You may be able to persuade your DM to ignore it, if they're usually fair on such matters, or if not ignore it entirely, create a very slightly weaker "Lesser Blue".

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-04, 07:12 PM
That's arguably an even less well-deserved LA+1 than hobgoblins get. You may be able to persuade your DM to ignore it, if they're usually fair on such matters, or if not ignore it entirely, create a very slightly weaker "Lesser Blue".To be fair, they're weaker than normal goblins, given that they get the equivalent of a -2 to Dex that Small creatures are supposed to get by default.

Yuki Akuma
2010-02-04, 07:26 PM
...Why the hell are they LA +1?

Ooo, they get 1 bonus power point and +2 Int instead of +2 Dex! Uh... so?

Runestar
2010-02-04, 08:19 PM
Because casters aren't supposed to get nicer things than they already have. :smallbiggrin:

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-04, 08:22 PM
Because casters aren't supposed to get nicer things than they already have. :smallbiggrin:

If only that were true...

Runestar
2010-02-04, 08:46 PM
If only that were true...

It could be, from the designers' warped perspective that +2int on a wizard is worth much more than the ability to say...summoning pyroclastic dragons to your side? :smallamused:

mabriss lethe
2010-02-04, 09:05 PM
I think it would go under "Goblins can't have nice things"

So if you had a goblin fighter...you'd be royally humped, which is funny.

Because, to date, the most fun I've ever had playing a character was a goblin fighter 5 mounted charger.

Lycanthromancer
2010-02-04, 09:13 PM

Because, to date, the most fun I've ever had playing a character was a goblin fighter 5 mounted charger.In my case was a LE blue (minus the LA) goblin shaper/constructor optimized for versatility and endurance, whose ability to brag about his prowess was second only to how awesome he really was. :smallbiggrin:

Optimystik
2010-02-04, 09:16 PM
Just buy it off, and then you have an awesome blue psychic gobbo with an extremely high opinion of himself. (See also: Lycan's char)

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-02-05, 12:27 AM

Because, to date, the most fun I've ever had playing a character was a goblin fighter 5 mounted charger.Goblins actually make decent chargers. You don't get Halfling Outrider, and have to take Serenity if you go Paladin, but that's a decent choice anyways, and you grab small size(your wolf can fit underground), a bonus to dex(controls AC and Ride), a bonus to Ride, and various other benefits. Not a bad chassis.

Hawriel
2010-02-05, 01:51 AM
Hmm not sure what book. However if you do a google search with the author's name of Gargamel you might get a hit.

infinitypanda
2010-02-05, 02:00 AM
Hmm not sure what book. However if you do a google search with the author's name of Gargamel you might get a hit.

Really now? Honestly.

Mystic Muse
2010-02-05, 02:20 AM

No, you're thinking of smurfs.:smalltongue: