PDA

View Full Version : I hate

Mindleshank
2010-02-04, 09:41 PM
I need to ask a favor on Bret Finholt's request he doesn't have a group and he will join our group if we put his name on this one so yeah

1. Mass Production - The idea of producing goods on a very large scale via use of factories and assembly lines. This idea was made popular by Henry Ford’s Motor Company. Mass production made products cheaper and bolstered the economy. Mass Production was a primary cause of urbanization in the untied states. One draw back though is there is little personalization in the products made as Mr. Ford once said “You can have the Model T in any colour, as long as its black.”
2. Assembly Line - Where interchangeable parts of a product are put together one at a time in sequential order in order to made products faster as well as cheaper to make. Such an idea was thought of by Henry Ford and his motor company was the first to use the idea. In cohesion with mass production assembly lines paved the way for the booming economy as well as cheaper goods. The assembly line was a direct cause of urbanization in the United States.
3. Urbanization - Is the flock to cities of people in certain parts of the world. In the U.S. this occurred in the early 20th century due to the availability of jobs as well as education. It also included city growth due to large numbers of people coming into cities. Another reason for urbanization is the availability of goods quickly and efficiently. With the new inventions of Mass Production and the Assembly Line many jobs were for the taking and wages were at a high.
4. Scientific Management - Invented by Fredrick Taylor Scientific Management was a theory that was supposed to increase labor efficiency. The theory included many things we see in our industry today such as managers, employee training, and raises to keep people working hard. This theory is great, however it is only a theory individuals didn’t come into play at all with the system and the hierarchy of managers was almost impossible to climb.
5. Andrew Carnegie - A Scottish businessman that came to the US and founded Carnegie Steel. He would sell to railroads that needed steel for their tacks he would by out other smaller businesses so as to have somewhat of a monopoly on steel. Carnegie Steel in its time was the largest producer of steel in the US later on Carnegie retired and spent some of his limitless wealth of charities and such become a quite famous philanthropist. He even wrote an essay about it.
6. Gospel of Wealth - is an essay written by Carnegie that stated the responsibilities’ of self-made wealth in the community. He states that in the capitalist world the rich must negate poverty in order to have a more cohesive world. He is basically telling those that are rich to give back to the communities in order to get to the gates of paradise.
7. Social Darwinism - Basically a natural selection in society that involves the concept of competition of humanity. The limited resources would be jobs and the Survival of the Fittest was one such slogan used in social Darwinism. It states that those who can support themselves should live and those who cannot must be allowed to die. It received a lot of criticism because society is not the same as nature and whatnot
8. “Survival of the Fittest” - A term used to describe social Darwinism as well as life. In the US the idea inspired many ill things ambition to a dire end is one of them it also raised those in power high and those in poverty further therein. The idea can be summed up into this the rich get richer because they are ment to due to their natural selection in society while the poor get poorer because there were meant to do so.

Just put his name on it

Moff Chumley
2010-02-04, 09:45 PM
I believe I speak for our entire fair playground when I say I have no idea what that was supposed to mean. :smallsmile:

Dr.Epic
2010-02-04, 09:46 PM
I like how you started a thread titled "I hate" and your avatar is Richard the Warlock.:smallbiggrin: Please type something awesome so I make quote it in my sig.

Rutskarn
2010-02-04, 09:47 PM
At first, I thought this was just a political statement of some kind, but on second glance it's really more like a homework assignment. It's possible you intended to send this as a PM?

Starfols
2010-02-04, 09:50 PM
http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/88/887200b7af600db4de8f36784c94f371a68debc9_full.jpg

I hate Ayn Rand!
I hate Vans!
I hate Planes!
I hate The Woods!
I hate Tunnels!
I hate Subways!
I hate Sewers!
I hate Hospitals. And doctors, and Lawyers, and Cops!
I hate Elevators!
I hate Stairs!
I hate Helicopters!
I hate Train Yards!
I hate Small Towns!
I hate The Water!
I hate Lawyers. When are they gonna get done practicing law?
You know what I don’t hate? I don’t hate vests.

Sorry, couldn't resist :smalltongue:.

reorith
2010-02-04, 09:57 PM
cool story, bro. (http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m187/Avavavavaaa/gifs/coolstorybro.gif)

but yeah op, what are you on about? other than tl;dr.

Fawkes
2010-02-04, 10:02 PM
Patton Oswalt understands. (http://comedians.jokes.com/patton-oswalt/videos/patton-oswalt---i-hate)

Ravens_cry
2010-02-04, 10:06 PM
The irony been that you are typing this on a computer that likely would not have been invented in a country where the population has to spend it's time on subsistence food production, and would not have been at all affordable to you even if it had with no mass production.

Elm11
2010-02-05, 02:17 AM
:smallfrown: I hate to rain on the parade, but conentrated hate threads are generally against forum rules.

Sorry :smallfrown:

KuReshtin
2010-02-05, 04:19 AM
:smallfrown: I hate to rain on the parade, but conentrated hate threads are generally against forum rules.

Sorry :smallfrown:

True. Roland the Almighty will be along shortly to close this thread down.

Yarram
2010-02-05, 04:57 AM
Do you ever wonder... If you created a long enough hate thread, and then shrunk the text so all of it would fit on the screen... Would the compressed negative energy be enough raise the dead?

Kobold-Bard
2010-02-05, 07:13 AM
I believe I speak for our entire fair playground when I say I have no idea what that was supposed to mean. :smallsmile:

Indeed. I don't understand why you made a thread to tell us these things :smallconfused:

Sliver
2010-02-05, 07:41 AM
At first, I thought this was just a political statement of some kind, but on second glance it's really more like a homework assignment. It's possible you intended to send this as a PM?

Looks like it.. But we may never know.. He logged off right after posting that.. Someone PM him to explain ASAP!

rakkoon
2010-02-05, 07:53 AM
That would explain it

Roland St. Jude
2010-02-05, 10:40 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Hate threads are bad, mkay.