PDA

View Full Version : Endurance

BenTheJester
2010-02-05, 02:37 PM
Dodge has some variations of feat who still count as dodge for prerequisites and such(Midnight Dodge, Desert Wind Dodge, etc) and I was wondering if the Endurance feat had variations other than Kobold Endurance.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-05, 02:41 PM
Why do you need it? If you don't want to waste a feat slot, but have a spare level somewhere, Ranger 1 gets it for free.

Other than Kobold Endurance, the best I can think of is the DCFS+O.Hole in Complete Mage. 3K, instant Endurance.

If you're gunning for Diehard, I'd like to inform you that Shape Soulmeld (Rage Claws) gets a better version of that same feat for lower requirements. If it's for a PrC, Ranger 1 is honestly the least cheesy way to do this.

BenTheJester
2010-02-05, 02:44 PM
Why do you need it? If you don't want to waste a feat slot, but have a spare level somewhere, Ranger 1 gets it for free.

Other than Kobold Endurance, the best I can think of is the DCFS+O.Hole in Complete Mage. 3K, instant Endurance.

If you're gunning for Diehard, I'd like to inform you that Shape Soulmeld (Rage Claws) gets a better version of that same feat for lower requirements. If it's for a PrC, Ranger 1 is honestly the least cheesy way to do this.

I need it for Steadfast Determination

Eldariel
2010-02-05, 02:49 PM

Ranger 3, you mean? Oh, and there's like...Heat Endurance in Sandstorm, but it's even worse.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-05, 02:53 PM
Ranger 3, you mean? Oh, and there's like...Heat Endurance in Sandstorm, but it's even worse.

Ah, forgot that Rangers get Track at 1st.

Heat Endurance comes for free with a certain race though (I think it is the Bhuka?).

Saph
2010-02-05, 02:54 PM
Actually, Endurance does have one use. If your DM likes throwing monsters at you that drown you (such as Drowned or Water Elementites) it's one of the few ways to get a good bonus on drowning checks.

Not that I would know from personal experience, of course. :P

jmbrown
2010-02-05, 03:09 PM
Actually, Endurance does have one use. If your DM likes throwing monsters at you that drown you (such as Drowned or Water Elementites) it's one of the few ways to get a good bonus on drowning checks.

Not that I would know from personal experience, of course. :P

The best use of Endurance that very few DMs track is sleeping in medium armor. Fighters, of course, get hosed because they have to take their armor off when they rest.

But yeah, I can't remember the last DM I played with that didn't say "You're attacked at night... and automatically wearing your armor, yay!!"

ericgrau
2010-02-05, 05:23 PM
Ya... that's exactly the issue with endurance. Verisimilitude. Once the DM starts handwaving things it becomes useless. Once you actively track sleep, running away, travel, suffocation and weather it's awesome. And still alright for any one of those.

Nate the Snake
2010-02-05, 05:39 PM
Frostblood orcs and half-orcs (Dragon Magic) get Endurance as a racial bonus feat.

Fighters can choose Endurance as one of their bonus feats.

Bhukas get Heat Endurance as a racial bonus feat, as do badlands dwarves and scab-orcs. (Sandstorm)

In 4th Edition, Endurance is a skill, so Skill Focus (Endurance) would be the equivalent of the 3.5 Endurance feat. :smalltongue:

Darrin
2010-02-06, 12:00 AM
Frostblood orcs and half-orcs (Dragon Magic) get Endurance as a racial bonus feat.

Even better, if they pick up Endurance later as a bonus feat, they can substitute any other feat they qualify for instead.

Desert Orcs (UA p. 13) also get it as a bonus feat (but no swap later). Oddly, their Desert Half-Orc cousins get Run as a bonus feat instead.

Draz74
2010-02-06, 12:30 AM
Warblade 5 is another way to pick up Endurance as a bonus feat. And it's not such a terrible option, just because Warblade 5 gives you so many other cool options. :smallwink: