PDA

View Full Version : Incarnate Warforged

Melamoto
2010-02-05, 05:20 PM
Am I correct in my assumption that if you are a Warforged, then you can take the Incarnate Construct template to get a -2 LA while only using 1 or 2 abilities? They are a construct, and the template only takes away construct traits, which the Warforged does not really have. Am I missing something, or is this yet another cheesy tactic?

Raiki
2010-02-05, 05:26 PM
I'm AFB, but I think you would likely lose a few things. Namely, your immunities and lack of sleep requirements.

Other than that, it could theoretically be used to offset the cost of other templates. Like the Feral Half-Minotaur Incarnate-Construct Warforged that I'm assuming inspired this thread.

Keep in mind it would require a fairly crazy/RAW obsessed DM to approve this.

~R~

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-05, 05:31 PM
Incarnate Construct cannot be applied to non-mindless Constructs.

Raiki
2010-02-05, 05:35 PM

And this is why you shouldn't bother posting in this forum while away from your books.

Thanks for the clarification.

Melamoto
2010-02-05, 05:52 PM

CREATING AN INCARNATE CONSTRUCT

“Incarnate construct” is an acquired template that can be applied to any construct creature with a generally humanoid form—two arms, two legs, one head (hereafter referred to as the base creature). An incarnate construct has all the base creature’s characteristics except as noted here.

Looks like it can be applied to warforged to me. Unless there's an updated version in 3.5 with different rules?

Deth Muncher
2010-02-05, 05:55 PM
Looks like it can be applied to warforged to me. Unless there's an updated version in 3.5 with different rules?

I believe Magic of Incarnum begs to differ.

Melamoto
2010-02-05, 05:58 PM
I believe Magic of Incarnum begs to differ.

I don't see such a thing.

Nate the Snake
2010-02-05, 06:53 PM
He's referring to the Soulfused Construct template, which does only apply to mindless constructs. It's very different from Incarnate Construct though.

Deth Muncher
2010-02-05, 07:09 PM
He's referring to the Soulfused Construct template, which does only apply to mindless constructs. It's very different from Incarnate Construct though.

Oh. Herp derp. My bad. You're right. /facepalm

Starbuck_II
2010-02-05, 07:23 PM
Yes, irony that Incarnate Construct isn't a incarnum template :smallbiggrin:

Optimystik
2010-02-06, 10:09 AM
I see no reason why Incarnate Construct can't be applied to a Warforged. Here is what they would lose:

- All living construct traits (those are a "Special Quality" on their statblock.)
- Composite Plating (No more ACF, but they lose the +2 Armor bonus as well.)
- Light Fortification (no more SA resistance.)
- Their Slam attack.

Effectively, they would become generic Humanoids with a -2 LA, but only for the purposes of adding templates. In other words:

- With no templates, an Incarnate Construct Warforged would have ECL 0 before class levels.
- With a +2 LA template, he would still have ECL 0 before class levels.

So pick a good template with LA, because without it you're a human with no bonus feat or skillpoints, +2 Con, -2 Wis and -2 Cha, and favored class Fighter.

Zincorium
2010-02-06, 11:42 AM
I.E. Phrenic or Feral+Mineral warrior.

Really, allowing this sort of thing can lead to some intense silliness.

Optimystik
2010-02-06, 12:21 PM
Good point, I forgot Phrenic - that would effectively cancel out their stat reductions, and give them a lot of PLAs too.

Kylarra
2010-02-06, 12:25 PM
Good point, I forgot Phrenic - that would effectively cancel out their stat reductions, and give them a lot of PLAs too.And a power point!

Optimystik
2010-02-06, 12:40 PM
And a power point!

Oh gods a power point omg b0rk3d asdashfgasfa.

(In my rage I rolled my face over the keyboard, sending my 7-Up can plummeting to the floor.)