PDA

View Full Version : PM question.

Tavar
2010-02-05, 08:14 PM
The User Tanaric has apparently sent me at least 2 PM's that I have not received, and that his profile said were sent. Neither of us is at the 100 PM limit, and I have received and sent other PM's since he sent them. Any idea what the problem could be?.

Dvandemon
2010-02-06, 02:19 AM
Was he having any techinical problems on his end? Probably irrelevant but when my computer has a problem loading the page, closing deletes my message

Tanaric
2010-02-06, 06:39 AM
No technical problems that I'm aware of. I've sent the same message to others, and it goes through just fine. It seems like half the time the PM will go through, and the other half it won't. Haven't had the problem with anyone else.

Mordokai
2010-02-06, 07:45 AM
Sometimes, certain phrases in the PM won't allow it to be sent. Don't have those on hand, but it happened to me before. Only that when that did happen, I couldn't send message at all and got an error message instead. Perhaps it's something connected to that.

Tanaric
2010-02-06, 08:14 AM
The problem with that theory is that I've sent the exact same PM to others, and it goes through. Only Tavar seems to have trouble getting my messages.

Tavar
2010-02-06, 12:59 PM
Well, I did get the most recent Floor 4 map. This is really odd.

Zeb The Troll
2010-02-06, 01:11 PM
The problem with that theory is that I've sent the exact same PM to others, and it goes through. Only Tavar seems to have trouble getting my messages.Were you, perhaps, trying to send to more than 5 recipients at once on the messages that failed?

Tanaric
2010-02-06, 02:54 PM
Were you, perhaps, trying to send to more than 5 recipients at once on the messages that failed?

Nope. Tavar has never been on the list of more than three.

Quincunx
2010-02-06, 05:13 PM
Did Tavar delete some PMs and clear some space before successfully receiving the "Floor 4 map"? If so, maybe there is an invisible cap on the PM box's storage size and Tavar's many graphics files are overflowing it. If not, I can only guess that excess spaces are sneaking into the address around Tavar's name.

Tavar
2010-02-06, 08:51 PM
I may very well have cleared some PM's, but if I did the ones that I deleted were all text, so I don't think it would have helped the memory. Especially since the missing PM's lacked images, while the Floor 4 one has some.

Tanaric
2010-02-06, 08:59 PM
While I can't say for certain, I'd like to think I didn't accidentally add spaces around Tavar's name repeatedly, especially since I've never made that mistake before in my PM-sending history.

Zherog
2010-02-07, 12:54 PM
Tavar - do you have anybody on your "blocked" list? If so, you might have PMs from them that you can't see. I don't recall if this is an issue in vB or not, but it's something that's poking at the back of my mind as a possibility.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-02-07, 02:59 PM
Did Tavar delete some PMs and clear some space before successfully receiving the "Floor 4 map"? If so, maybe there is an invisible cap on the PM box's storage size and Tavar's many graphics files are overflowing it.
The board doesn’t allow attachments. “Sending an image” via PM is just sending some text that gives the browser instructions where to get the image, which will be somewhere not on GiantITP. It won’t take any more space than any other arbitrary equal-length string of characters.

Tavar
2010-02-09, 03:33 PM
Tavar - do you have anybody on your "blocked" list? If so, you might have PMs from them that you can't see. I don't recall if this is an issue in vB or not, but it's something that's poking at the back of my mind as a possibility.

Nope, nobody on my ignore list.