PDA

View Full Version : Play by Twitter?

Warka
2010-02-06, 12:11 PM
Does anyone either play by twitter, or know of a protocol to play by twitter? Thinking about trying to get a twitter based game up, but want to establish clear posting rules and what not.

Thanks!

alchemyprime
2010-02-06, 12:17 PM
Um... I haven't, but we do have a D&D Journal on Twitter. http://www.twitter.com/APDnDJournal

Frankly, I think that there has to be a better way than Twitter, but I can see it if everyone subscribes to each other's feeds and makes feeds for their characters. Then other people can follow it and receive updates.

Somewhat a cross between the Questionable Content character feeds and the Penny Arcade D&D feed/APDnDJournal feed. Which I am subscribed to all of them. Except the last one, which I run.

Also useful in that the DM can Direct Message all of his PCs or just send out a general message to all followers about if the game will be running a night or not.

Magnor Criol
2010-02-06, 12:23 PM
This seems like it could get hectic, but really interesting...if you get this going, let me know, I think I'd like to see how it turns out.

ap's right, you'd need everyone to make accounts for BOTH themselves AND their characters, and then everyone needs to subscribe to each other.

Overshee
2010-02-06, 12:26 PM
(If this was an open game I'd be interested in testing it out, I've always wondered whether a game via twitter would work)

CTLC
2010-02-06, 12:27 PM
you could, but irc works just as well if not better imo. i like being able to private chat without other players thinking something is up, and you can always save and re read logs.

Optimystik
2010-02-06, 12:42 PM
you could, but irc works just as well if not better imo. i like being able to private chat without other players thinking something is up, and you can always save and re read logs.

The trouble is, some people don't want to download and set up IRC clients. (Say, if they're using a work laptop.)

Would Mibbit work with this idea?

tahu88810
2010-02-06, 01:06 PM
The trouble is, some people don't want to download and set up IRC clients. (Say, if they're using a work laptop.)

Would Mibbit work with this idea?

Mibbit should work, yes. Mibbit works like most clients, it's just in a browser. So I don't see why not.