PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Arena Match 2! Red Spectre (Blue Ghost) vs Monsters!

AgentPaper
2010-02-06, 01:40 PM
ROUND 1

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4851/thepitofblood.jpg

You are at [Z16]. You can see two large, green humanoid monstrosities on the other side of the arena, one of which is covered in thick armor and carries a huge blade in both hands.

The armored monster is at [D15-E16] and the unarmored monster is at [C13-D14].

Roll initiative.

And of course, I'll ask you kindly not to peek into spoilers marked for anyone but you.

DM rolls:
War Troll: [roll0]
Troll: [roll1]

Blue Ghost
2010-02-06, 11:52 PM
Ooh, this ought to be fun.

Initiative (2 rolls due to Danger Sense)
[roll0]
[roll1]

AgentPaper
2010-02-07, 09:17 AM
Hmm, lemme try that again...

DM rolls:

War Troll: [roll0]
Troll: [roll1]

AgentPaper
2010-02-07, 09:24 AM
That's better. As soon as the match begins, the armored beast starts moving over to [G22-H33], at which point it pulls out a huge longbow and takes aim.

Attack: [roll0] vs AC.
Damage: [roll1] damage.

And you're up.

Blue Ghost
2010-02-07, 06:35 PM
Did you figure in the penalty to attack rolls from the Cloak of Displacement? Either way, the attack hits.

Red Spectre curses as the longbow grazes him. His anger transfers to a burning mark that appears on the archer's chest. He ducks behind a pillar, where he takes out and drinks a potion.

Minor Action: Place warlock's curse on the longbow-wielding monster.
Move Action: Move to AB-23.
Minor Action: Drink one of the potions of clarity.

HP: 105/109

AgentPaper
2010-02-07, 06:48 PM
Actually, it's only a -2 penalty. They errata'd the cloak so that it gives a penalty based on the enhancement bonus. Also, I forgot to mention, but you should be making a Nature check to try and recognize these monsters.

The unarmored monster charges heedlessly across the battlefield to [R24-S25].

Blue Ghost
2010-02-07, 07:02 PM
Nature check? All right.
[roll0]

The unarmored creature sees a glowing red flame appear on its chest as Red Spectre steps out between the pillars and launches a blast of infernal flame at it.

Move Action: Move to AB-24.
Minor Action: Place warlock's curse.
Standard Action: Hellish rebuke

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] plus [roll3]

AgentPaper
2010-02-07, 07:23 PM
Hm, 13. That's just enough to...know absolutely nothing about them. You've never even heard of creatures like this before. :smalltongue: Also, make sure to note the type of damage you're dealing, unless of course it's just normal damage.

You hit the beast easily, and it roars in pain, even though the attack itself didn't seem to hurt it much.

Also, I forgot, but after the unarmored monster went it was the armored one's turn again. It moved to [T29-U30] and ended it's turn. I'll let your change what you did on your turn in response to that, if you wish, then it's the monster's turn again.

Blue Ghost
2010-02-07, 07:58 PM
Nope, no changes.

HP: 105/109

AgentPaper
2010-02-07, 08:40 PM
You armored monster comes around the corner and charges at you with it's giant sword!

Hit: [roll1] damage, and you are marked.

The unarmored beast also charges across the remaining distance between you and around the pillar, then lashes out with it's claws!

Attack: [roll2] vs AC.
Hit: [roll3] damage.

And it's your turn again.

Blue Ghost
2010-02-07, 11:02 PM
The armored beast's greatsword hits, but the unarmored beast's attack misses, and he is singed by hellish rebuke for [roll0] fire damage.
Red Spectre cackles and bursts into a phantasm of blazing nightmare, causing the two monsters to recoil in horror. When they turn back, the warlock has slipped away from them.

Minor Action: Infernal wrath on the armored creature.
Standard Action: Cast tyrannical threat.
Attack on unarmored creature: [roll1] vs. Will
Damage: [roll2] plus [roll3] psychic damage.
Attack on armored creature: [roll4] vs. Will
Damage: [roll5] plus [roll6] psychic damage plus 13 fire damage, and it is pushed 1 square.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, when either creature attacks Red Spectre, it takes 5 psychic damage.

Move Action: Ethereal stride to Y24.

HP: 95/109

AgentPaper
2010-02-08, 09:15 AM
Why is the armored creature taking fire damage and pushed a square?

Blue Ghost
2010-02-08, 06:57 PM
Ferocious Rebuke and Fiery Rebuke.

AgentPaper
2010-02-09, 12:39 AM
Ah, of course.

You see the armored beast give out a quick order to the unarmored beast in a language you don't understand, and then readies his blade, looking at you with a mean grin on his face. Meanwhile, you hear the unarmored beast moving around the pillar towards you. As soon as it comes around into sight it lashes out again with it's claws.

Hit: [roll1] damage.

And it's your turn again.

Blue Ghost
2010-02-09, 06:51 PM
As the monster swings, the psychic energy from Red Spectre's spell sends a wave of agony through his body. The monster badly mistimes his attack. Red Spectre deftly dodges, and suddenly disappears in a burst of crimson flame. As the monster turns around, he is suddenly lifted into the air by an unseen force, and only the laughter of Red Spectre can be heard.

Minor Action: Infuriating elusiveness, teleport to W20.
Standard Action: Cast infernal moon curse on the unarmored monster.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] poison damage, and target is immobilized until the end of my next turn.
Move Action: Move to Y13.

HP: 95/109

AgentPaper
2010-02-10, 05:04 PM
I'm seeing Infuriating Elusiveness as a move action, not minor.

Blue Ghost
2010-02-10, 11:17 PM
Oh, right. No other move for this round then.

AgentPaper
2010-02-11, 01:28 PM
Green-black blood falls from the unarmored beast's wounds to the ground, and as it does, the statue in the center of the arena pulses with dark energy, and the trickle of blood falling from it's claws begins to flow faster.

The unarmored beast flails about, but does not attack.

The armored beast runs out from behind the pillar, and then charges you with his sword.

Damage: [roll1] damage and 5 necrotic damage.

The armored beast is now at [Y17-Z18].

AgentPaper
2010-02-11, 01:29 PM
Forgot to roll saving throw for the monsters.

DM Rolls:
Unarmored: [roll0]
Armored: Intentionally fails.

The unarmored beast successfully shakes off the effects of the statue, while the unarmored beast is still covered in swirling dark energies.

Blue Ghost
2010-02-11, 06:46 PM
The unarmored beast was bloodied? I'll use Killing Flames on it then.
Red crimson flames rush up from an unseen source, licking the creature's wounds.

[roll0]
Damage: [roll1] fire damage.

This was still my last turn. I'll make a saving throw to shake off the necrotic effect.

[roll2]

I'm still invisible during the monsters' turn, right? Can the monster see me to attack?

Blue Ghost
2010-02-11, 06:48 PM
Use the potion of clarity to reroll the Killing Flames attack.

[roll0]

Anonomuss
2010-02-15, 06:02 AM
Blue

Hey, I'm going to be DMing for you until Agent gets back.
Also, you would have been invisible for the last attack, although he could still have known what square you were in. However, it's attack roll should have been 5 lower. It can see you now though.

Monsters Turn
The unarmoured beast falls, howling in pain as the hellish flames devour him.

And, you're up again I think, as that was still during your last turn.

Blue Ghost
2010-02-15, 12:47 PM
One down now? Awesome.

Red Spectre reappears as the greatsword slashes him, but part of his pain is transferred to the curse on the armored beast, inflicting 5 psychic damage. He launches an intense blast of hellfire at the creature before him and streaks away.
Catch me if you can!

Standard Action: Fiery bolt.
Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] fire.

Move Action: Move to V6.

Anonomuss
2010-02-16, 02:21 PM
The armoured beast roars in pain as the flaming bolt connects. Enraged it swings it's large sword at Red Spectre as he flees. Once it's got its bearings it charges after Red Spectre, swinging it's Greatsword in a wide arc.

Blue Ghost

The Armoured Creature is now bloodied.

Opportunity Attack
Attack-[roll0] v AC
Damage-[roll1]

Charge
Attack-[roll2]+1 v AC
Damage-[roll3]

The armoured beast is now in W7-X8

Saving Throw-[roll4]

Blue Ghost
2010-02-16, 07:03 PM
(I forgot to add the temporary HP from Dark One's Blessing and to take continuous damage. Going to remedy both now. Also, what happens when the second enemy is bloodied?)

The attack of opportunity hits, but Red Spectre evades the charge. (10 more damage from Tyrannical Threat.) He moves away and throws another blast of hellfire at the beast.

Move Action: Move to O6.
Standard Action: Pillar of power.
Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] fire plus 10 necrotic.

Saving throw against continuous damage: [roll3]
HP: 54/109

Red Spectre is now bloodied from the continuous damage.

Anonomuss
2010-02-17, 04:55 AM
The Armoured Troll keels over as the fire, and the necrotic power of the pit of blood overcomes him. When the smoke clears, Red Spectre stands triumphant!

((Doesn't really matter now, you've taken out the second Troll now too. That fire damage hurts their effectiveness, although it was level appropriate you blew through that without much trouble. ))

AgentPaper
2010-02-17, 04:14 PM
In the interests of making this more interesting, how would you like to try out a Level+4 encounter? Level+0 seemed too easy (though it may have been the monsters I chose) so it seems like a good idea to check how hard it is to kill what should be about as tough as fighting another player.

Alternately, we could keep trying more Level+0 encounters to try and get a feel for what kind of challenge it presents, or try Level+1 or +2 to see if those are much harder than +0.

Blue Ghost
2010-02-17, 08:24 PM
Oh, those were trolls that Red Spectre, Hellfire Warlock, was fighting? No wonder that was so easy. I think a level +0 encounter without the blatant fire vulnerability would be a fair match.

AgentPaper
2010-02-17, 10:45 PM
Oh, those were trolls that Red Spectre, Hellfire Warlock, was fighting? No wonder that was so easy. I think a level +0 encounter without the blatant fire vulnerability would be a fair match.

Maybe, but probably not. If you want another +0 encounter though, I'll see what I can do.

Juk
2010-02-19, 02:35 PM
Maybe, but probably not. If you want another +0 encounter though, I'll see what I can do.I have to agree with AgentPaper, I'm not sure about in a solo situation but for sure a level +0 encounter is no threat to a group. Until you get up to around L+2 with a monster that's at least 2 levels above the pc's in the mix there's almost no chance of a party failing. (barring terrible decisions or the DM rolling many critical hits).

Obviously there's always a chance in a solo situation of one debilitating attack pretty much ending the encounter badly for the pc. If you get dazed (save ends) and fail 2-3 saves in a row you're going to be in a lot of trouble in this environment and lets not even think about being stunned.

Blue Ghost
2010-02-21, 04:34 PM
I would like to try another level +0 encounter, though something slightly more difficult would be fine as well. As I'm still pretty inexperienced at 4e, I'll leave the judgment to you.

AgentPaper
2010-02-22, 03:19 PM
Hmm, let's just go for another +0 encounter.

Blue Ghost
2010-02-22, 07:13 PM
All right. Question: How many more encounters will I face until I take an extended rest? And are my HP restored after the fight, or do I need to spend healing surges?

AgentPaper
2010-02-22, 07:55 PM
All right. Question: How many more encounters will I face until I take an extended rest? And are my HP restored after the fight, or do I need to spend healing surges?

Just like the arena, it'll be 3 encounters total and you can spend you regain full health between each battle for the cost of 1 healing surge. (unless you choose not to)

Blue Ghost
2010-02-22, 08:04 PM
Okay. One healing surge spent, and I'm ready to go.

Anonomuss
2010-02-23, 03:53 PM
ROUND 2

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/553/vesperiansewers.jpg

You are at [AA3]. The water splashes around your feet, as you make your way into the sewers.

"Ladies and Gentlemen" A magical voice booms around the sewer, "Let's. Get. Ready. To. RUUUUUMMMBBBLLE!" and is answered by resounding cheers from all around. "In the red corner, Red by name, Red by Temper, our resident nasty man, Reeeed Spectre!" More cheers mingled with good natured, classic bad guys boo-ing thrown in. "In the blue corner, the Beast from the east, OOOOestra!!!" The croud's cheers reaches a fever pitch. "Begin!"

Roll initiative.

Blue Ghost

Could you send me a copy/link to your character sheet?

DM rolls:

Savage Minotaur Initiative-[roll0]

Passages
1-[roll1]-DC 20
2-[roll2]-DC 13
3-[roll3]-DC 20
4-[roll4]-DC 20
5-[roll5]-DC 13
6-[roll6]-DC 13
7-[roll7]-Not Present
8-[roll8]-DC 13
9-[roll9]-DC 20
10-[roll10]-DC 13
11-[roll11]-DC 25
12-[roll12]-Not Present
13-[roll13]-Open
14-[roll14]-Open

Blue Ghost
2010-02-23, 07:06 PM
Link here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=132050).

Red Spectre grimaces at the introduction. Resident nasty man indeed. You're lucky I don't toast you on the spot. And who chose this arena in the first place?

Initiative (roll twice, take best because of Danger Sense):
[roll0]
[roll1]

Anonomuss
2010-02-24, 03:20 AM
Blue Ghost

You're up first, Tunnel 13 is the only one open as far as you can see.

Juk
2010-02-24, 11:58 AM
Cool concept, I have a couple questions about the tunnels and LOS. Can a PC at S3 use a minor action to peer around the corner and look down the tunnel? How far? Could they see all the way to R27 assuming there's enough light and they have already discovered both tunnels? If they discover one end of a tunnel do they automatically get the other end for free?

Anonomuss
2010-02-24, 02:39 PM
For a PC to be able to look down any of the passages, they must first be noticed, and they must be able to have a full line of sight down them to see out the other side (So R2 or R3 for passage 7). Once they have been noticed, and the PC has full line of sight, they have no problem seeing from one side to the other. Quote for explanation why.

On a roll of 11-20, the door to the passage is hidden and will require a perception check to find. The entrances to the corridors are magical, and do not block line of sight once noticed.

I see what you intend by suggesting a minor action to peer into the passage but as far as I see it, that sort of action is represented best by using a move action to move into the square in front of the passage, and then moving back. This is mainly because that's essentially what someone would be doing.

Blue Ghost
2010-02-24, 11:02 PM
Do I get automatic Perception checks when passing the tunnels, or do I need to take checks to notice them?

Red Spectre takes out a potion, drinks it, and begins walking down the corridor, keeping his eyes peeled for secret passageways.

Minor Action: Drink potion of clarity.
Move Action x2: Double move to M2.

AgentPaper
2010-02-24, 11:25 PM
Do I get automatic Perception checks when passing the tunnels, or do I need to take checks to notice them?

If your passive perception is enough to see them, you'll see them automatically. Otherwise, you'll need to make a perception check as a minor action to make a roll.

Blue Ghost
2010-02-24, 11:50 PM
All right. Move continues as stated in previous post. Tell me if I see any of the tunnels.

Juk
2010-02-25, 10:16 AM
For a PC to be able to look down any of the passages, they must first be noticed, and they must be able to have a full line of sight down them to see out the other side (So R2 or R3 for passage 7). Once they have been noticed, and the PC has full line of sight, they have no problem seeing from one side to the other. Quote for explanation why.

I see what you intend by suggesting a minor action to peer into the passage but as far as I see it, that sort of action is represented best by using a move action to move into the square in front of the passage, and then moving back. This is mainly because that's essentially what someone would be doing.I'm always a little unhappy about LOS in DnD. Technically (RAW) if you're in S27 you can see someone in R3 with no cover to them and they can see you with superior cover. The rules on page 280 for corner to corner lines and lines running along the edge are not blocked. I was just wondering how you would play this map. On one hand this sort of makes sense to me, though the person in S27 would really be either impossible to hit or nearly impossible to hit depending on if he's looking around the corner (not including a burst effect of course). The problem with the "step out move" is the guy who has nearly total cover has now exposed himself to an attack with no cover at all if the other guy has readied an action AND unless he has a move and shoot power he can't even take his own attack even though he's in the dominant position from a cover stand point. If one person is actually in the tunnel this is even a greater issue in that one person is committed to a "funnel of fire" position which is very very bad and the one at the corner really has him dominated positionally.

Anonomuss
2010-02-25, 10:43 AM
Blue Ghost

You can see Tunnels 13 and 5 open, but none of the others are visibly open to you. My bad about not telling you about 5 being open earlier.

"Weeell, ladies and gents, they're off the staring blocks. A reminder, these sewers are littered with tunnels, but not all of them can be seen at all times. Some even dissappear completely for months at a time. That's what you get when you mix magical sewer cleaners into the water supply!"

DM Actions

Minotaur starts in B27-C28
Double moves west to B11-C12
Actively searching the walls as a minor-[roll0]

Blue Ghost
2010-02-25, 07:07 PM
Red Spectre casts a quick glance around the arena, and then continues moving along, preparing a spell as he does so.

Minor Action: Try to spot some more tunnels.
Perception check: [roll0]

Move Action: Move to F2.

Standard Action: Ready hellish rebuke to use the first time I can hit a foe without cover.

Anonomuss
2010-02-26, 03:18 AM
Blue Ghost

You can now also see passages 9 and 1.

"Well folks, let's hope that water down there isn't dampning his flame beacause Red Spectre's slowing down. But look, Oestra seems to have picked up his scent. Looks like we're about to see some action folks."

Oestra rounds the corner ahead of Red Spectre. He's a large muscled beast, wielding a large greataxe. He has the hooves of a beast of burden, but the legs and body of a (Large) human. He rears his horned cow's head, and bellows a challenge as he charges straight at Red Spectre. "Little Meatling want to play?" He snorts as he brings his greataxe down on Red Spectre.

Blue Ghost

You get to use Hellish Rebuke before Oestra charges you. It won't stop him from completing his charge however.

Oestra is in squares D2 to E3

You take 16 damage, and are knocked prone by his attack however.

DM Actions

Move to B3 to C4

Goring Charge
Attack-[roll0] v AC
Damage-[roll1]

Juk
2010-02-26, 11:19 AM
Just a heads up:

corridors 5 and 1 don't exist. Per the legend on the right side of the map any corridor labeled 1-6 isn't actually there. It's also not clear where the monster is at this point.

Anonomuss
2010-02-26, 02:02 PM
Incorrect, that refers to a d20 roll I make at the beginning of the match. See the round start DM rolls for correct DCs to notice.

Blue Ghost
2010-02-26, 07:34 PM
The creature catches a blast of hellfire as it rounds the corner.
Damage: [roll1] fire, plus an additiona [roll2] fire when he hits.
Turn coming in next post.

Blue Ghost
2010-02-26, 07:50 PM
(Did you account for the concealment from Shadow Walk? If not, my move will change.)

Red Spectre grunts as he is knocked down. He picks himself back up, and shouts a command word, and his cloak begins to shimmer, confusing the opponent. He points, and an unholy fire springs up on the beast's chest.
Heh heh heh. Don't mess with the Red Spectre!

Move Action: Stand from prone.
Minor Action: Activate displacer armor.
Minor Action: Place warlock's curse on foe.

Anonomuss
2010-02-27, 03:47 PM
((Sorry I didn't, feel free to alter your move.))

Blue Ghost
2010-02-27, 04:54 PM
(No additional damage from Hellish Rebuke then, though the initial 13 stand.)

Red Spectre laughs as he dodges the beast's axe blade.
Heh, yes I do. Catch me if you can!
He vanishes in a flash of crimson flame. The beast is astonished for a moment, and then a crimson mark appears on his chest as he is hit by a blast of infernal fire.

Move Action: Infuriating elusiveness, teleport to J2, become invisible until the start of my next turn.
Minor Action: Warlock's curse.
Standard Action: Fiery bolt.
Attack: [roll0] vs. Reflex
Damage: [roll1] fire (including extra from Warlocks' Curse)

Anonomuss
2010-03-01, 03:20 AM
"Wow, Oestra certainly wasn't expecting that! But we were! And boy does Red Spectre not dissapoint! Did anyone order the Roast Beef?"

Infuriated at the warlock's evasiveness, Oestra rears his head, and bellows aloud, while waving his greataxe threatening, and the croud's jeers fall silent for a moment. "Humph" he snorted, satisfied. He then lowered his horns and charged down the corridor.

DM Actions

Minor-Percpetion [roll0]
Goring Charge- Charge to <H2 to I3>

Attack-[roll1]
Damage-[roll2] and knocked prone.

Red Spectre takes 10 damage and is knocked prone.

Blue Ghost

(31 v AC, Including the -5 for total concealment, he knew your position from his perception check, and the fact you attacked him.)

Blue Ghost
2010-03-02, 06:57 PM
Red Spectre becomes visible again as the blow connects, knocking him down. He picks himself up, visibly annoyed at getting wet. He whispers a command word, activating a sigil on his cloak. Swirling images appear around him, confusing his enemy. Then he laughs and throws another scorching burst of hellfire in his foe's face.

Move Action: Stand from prone.
Minor Action: Activate displacer armor. For the remainder of the encounter, an enemy that makes a ranged or melee attack must roll twice and take the lower of the two.
Standard Action: Hellish rebuke.
Attack: [roll0] vs. Reflex
Damage: [roll1] fire, plus another [roll2] fire if I take damage before the start of my next turn.

Anonomuss
2010-03-03, 02:42 PM
"Oooh, Red Spectre shows us, down, is definitely not out. His fieryness is really riling up Oestra over there. "

Blue Ghost

Just wondering, do you have anythin that mitigates OAs for ranged attacks against adjacent targets? I just can't see it on your character sheet, but I could be wrong.

In case you don't
[roll0] v AC
[roll1] v AC
[roll2] damage, and pushed back 1 square to K2

Oestra snorts derisively as the fire burns over him and he lashes out with hi large axe, as Red Spectre raises his arms to cast, he then reared back, and launched himself at his puny fleshy target, but his target's fancy armour frustrated his efforts.

DM Actions

If the OA hit, he shifts back a square, and then charges with a Goring Charge, and the attack below has a +1 to hit and knocks RS prone if it hits.
Otherwise it is merely a basic attack
[roll3] v AC
[roll4] v AC

Doing [roll5] damage if it hits.
If a goring charge-only [roll6] damage if it hits.

EDIT: Oh my that armour is annoying.

Blue Ghost
2010-03-03, 07:12 PM
(No, I do not have anything mitigating OAs. But the attack misses anyway. Does my attack still go through?)

Anonomuss
2010-03-04, 05:45 AM
((Yeah it still goes through, it's your turn again.
The attack always goes through even if the attack hits. The only event that stops it, is if it kills you.))

Blue Ghost
2010-03-04, 07:45 PM
Red Spectre laughs and starts to move away from his foe. When he's a safe distance away, he casts another spell, causing crimson flame to erupt from under the beast's feet.

Move Action: Move to Q3 (provokes AoO)
The rest of the move assumes that the AoO misses. If it hits, I will change my move.

Standard Action: Cast pillar of power.
Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] fire.

HP: 99/109

Anonomuss
2010-03-05, 03:42 AM
AoO

Attack-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1] and pushed 1 square if it hits.

Oestra sees an opening in the warlock's eldritch defences as it moves away, and lashes into him with his greataxe, it's blade biting flesh.

Blue Ghost
2010-03-05, 06:47 PM
Displacer armor is still active. Did you take that into account?

Anonomuss
2010-03-06, 03:55 AM
((No, sorry. Still hits unfortunately.))

[roll0]-Attack

Blue Ghost
2010-03-06, 12:44 PM
The red-robed warlock screams as the axe strikes him, but his scream turns into a maniacal laugh. He is wreathed in hellfire as he lifts Oestra into the air with his eldritch power.

Minor Action: Infernal wrath.
Standard Action: Infernal moon curse.

Attack: [roll0] vs. Fortitude
Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] poison plus 13 fire, and Oestra is pushed 1 square and immobilized until the end of my next turn.

Anonomuss
2010-03-06, 12:56 PM
Don't forget to roll your extra crit dice. As Oestra can't do anything to you other than roar in anger, you might as well take your next turn as well.

Also, that attack bloodied him heavily.

Blue Ghost
2010-03-06, 01:08 PM
All right, critical hit damage coming up.
32 poison damage plus [roll0] fire. Not sure if warlock's curse damage is maximized, but if not, [roll1].
As the foe is bloodied, Red Spectre mercilessly continues to burn it.
Immediate Action: Killing Flames
Attack: [roll2] vs. Fort
Damage: [roll3] fire.

If Oestra still isn't dead, Red Spectre launches another blast of fire at him.
Standard Action: Pillar of power.
Attack: [roll4] vs. Ref
Damage: [roll5] plus [roll6] fire.
Move Action: Move down tunnel 13 to V6.

Anonomuss
2010-03-06, 01:14 PM
"OOooooh! My goodness. Damn. Remind me never to piss Red Spectre off, because he just fried Oestra to the core. Looks like the crowd'll be eating minotaur burgers for weeks."

Oestra bellows furiously in the centre of a conflagration of Red Spectre's own devising. The bellow becomes increasingly high pitched, and when the smoke and fire cleared, he lies dead upon the field, half covered in the brackish water of the sewer.

Do you want another match? You've technically done, as these matches are best 2 of 3. I really think that Level+0 encounters are too low. I imagine something around Level+2 might be more challenging.

Blue Ghost
2010-03-06, 01:21 PM
(I'll be fine with stopping now, thanks. And yes, I think level +2 would be a better fit in the future.)

Anonomuss
2010-03-06, 03:09 PM
Thanks for playing, sorry if I was a somewhat lackluster DM.

RED SPECTRE TAKES THE MATCH 2-0